New PW Expansion (PWCN: Rise of Dynasty)

Comments

• Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Long ago someone asked on the forums about the release date of the new pets, and what were the improvements to the pet system, then some replies after he posted the official reply of PWC regarding a ticket, it was something along the lines of:

"Please pay attention to the official website for relevant announcement information" b:chuckle

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2055015

I read wanmei forums everyday but I rather not spread rumors regarding the pet system, as everything said has been nothing but rumors.

It seems next week update may come with more tweaks to skills, and the expected improved pet system... just a rumor though b:chuckle
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • BlindClarity - Raging Tide
    BlindClarity - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I actually see nothing interesting in this expansion it's all for MAx lvls and I never got past 80 in 4 YEARS of playing, game becomes impossible then

I got past 80 on early harshlands before hypers, and without oracles.
    Pure grinding.
    @__@ What are you doing?
    I got more bang, than a world boss baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The only videos are on some low-banwitch chinese servers recorded at 5FPS in 800x600 resolution, UI covers most of screen, and replying to Bubbles I didn't because I hate grinding and couldn't decide between classes, also college got in the way. I don't even play PWI anymore, log in for Daily attendance quest and when I get 12 Shards - Hours leave the PC on, I made last 10 levels this way...wasn't fast but I will hit 80 sometime
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hates grinding. Chose to play an eastern MMO.

Logic. How does it even work?
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Long ago someone asked on the forums about the release date of the new pets, and what were the improvements to the pet system, then some replies after he posted the official reply of PWC regarding a ticket, it was something along the lines of:

"Please pay attention to the official website for relevant announcement information" b:chuckle

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2055015

I read wanmei forums everyday but I rather not spread rumors regarding the pet system, as everything said has been nothing but rumors.

It seems next week update may come with more tweaks to skills, and the expected improved pet system... just a rumor though b:chuckle

You'd rather not spread rumors.

But you posted a rumor.

b:pleased
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The only videos are on some low-banwitch chinese servers recorded at 5FPS in 800x600 resolution, UI covers most of screen, and replying to Bubbles I didn't because I hate grinding and couldn't decide between classes, also college got in the way. I don't even play PWI anymore, log in for Daily attendance quest and when I get 12 Shards - Hours leave the PC on, I made last 10 levels this way...wasn't fast but I will hit 80 sometime

I think you mean blindclarity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    heard not until next year January for the new pet system to get implemented...b:sad
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bumping because general opinion seems to be that nothing exists beyond page 1.
  • darksharkulla
    darksharkulla Posts: 12
    edited October 2012
    I myself cannot see this update as being all that usefull as it could have been.

Game is missing some content between 80 - 100.
  • Alondark - Heavens Tear
    Alondark - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bump cuz awesome thread
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited November 2012
    Looks like pwbr is actively gathering info from pwcn, I suppose they have a few high lvl chars on there or they're really enthusiastic about getting info.

List of Rewards you can get with medals

Changes with the 9x-10x crazy stone explained

I find the 10x part interesting though:
    2. Daily Quest: Crazy Stone (100-105)
    a) Players may choose to deliver Jades Level 4 or Level 5 Jades;
    b) Jades Level 4: You will receive the same reward (EXP: 600000 - Alma: 135600;
    c) Jades Level 5: EXP gain increased to 820,000;
    Chance of getting an extra reward of between 100,000 to 10,000,000 EXP.

I hope the chance isn't too low like .001%

Pictures of the Four Kingdoms

I'll add these to the main page later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like it's gonna be L105 or GTFO with this expansion, lovely.
    Right to use
    40% increase in Attack Equipment, Defense 20% and 10% in maximum HP.
    For 1 Hour, death does not disappear.

Level Limit: 105 and above.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I myself cannot see this update as being all that usefull as it could have been.

Game is missing some content between 80 - 100.

That's where all the best quests are!

Edit::

I really like the sound of this update.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Ha Ha... lovely indeed. Add to that the damage reduction 105s already get when attacked by lvl 102s and below...will pretty much make them Gods in PK and TW.

Great way of balancing the game, ain't it ? b:bye
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited November 2012

Huh, I missed that part when I read it over the first time.

That's weird though... 105 and above.
    The quest says it's 105+ so I suppose that description pwbr provides is right.

Don't take this as a sign of cap increase, though.
    Wanmei would have to undo quite a few things before a cap of 110 of 120 is feasible. Not that it's impossible, but a lot of things like morai rely on the fact that the current cap is 105.

It'd be easy to say that wanmei could easily adjust that but I don't want to be that confident. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Wanmei would have to undo quite a few things before a cap of 110 of 120 is feasible. Not that it's impossible, but a lot of things like morai rely on the fact that the current cap is 105.

It'd be easy to say that wanmei could easily adjust that but I don't want to be that confident. b:shutup

It's not a potential cap increase that's the issue, it's the immense stat boost that 105's get from that item. Was looking forward to this expansion until I saw that. The idea of being utterly outclassed in TW by 105's is quickly killing what little spark of interest I still have in this game.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited November 2012
    It's not a potential cap increase that's the issue, it's the immense stat boost that 105's get from that item. Was looking forward to this expansion until I saw that. The idea of being utterly outclassed in TW by 105's is quickly killing what little spark of interest I still have in this game.

I know but usually wanmei doesn't do that with the quests...

But yeah, it is disappointing that the items for 100's are so biased towards those who reached 105.

I'd hate to see what'll happen to what's left of the pk such as in tw once these items get into circulation... b:surrender

There's also that slight chance that maybe these items have some sort of limitation on them, or that the translations isn't accurately describing their effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    for the item to make 105 better though cost quite a bit of the new mats and im pretty sure a lot of ppl are going to be saving them more for gear or to sell to others than for that pot thats just my opinion though
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What item are u talking about? I just see broken fonts in this link; http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/quest/27870
    Maybe they wanna give ppl a reason to level higher than just 100.
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder how much will cser pay for new tomes, i have a useless lv7 one to be made into lv8 one b:sin
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Me thinks you have your priorities screwed up a bit here. Whether the cap is increased above 105 or not is irrelevant... 105 alone is extremely difficult to reach for 95% of the player base unless they reintroduce Gooning again or something like that. What we are talking about here is a 40% increase on weapon/gear attack stats along with defensive/HP buffs (which can't be purged or loss on death... assuming they operate like Seeker buffs) that can only be obtained if you're 105.

I know a 105 R9 3rd cast +12 Wizard on DW that must be dancing with joy right now. b:surrender
    edited November 2012
    Also as a side note there is a potion for each lvl 101-105 which gets better with each lvl so if your to lazy to get to 105 the good old FF way then that's your problem getting to 103 is easy then just do a few daily FFs and do your daily PV and you will get 105 in no time that's wjat im currently working on so stop complaining and start working not all 105 ppl gooned to get there........
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also as a side note there is a potion for each lvl 101-105 which gets better with each lvl so if your to lazy to get to 105 the good old FF way then that's your problem getting to 103 is easy then just do a few daily FFs and do your daily PV and you will get 105 in no time that's wjat im currently working on so stop complaining and start working not all 105 ppl gooned to get there........

I agree, lvling is not hard the current way. People are too lazy to do things as a group or alone. People will complain that they can't do pv alone, so not worth it. Go with someone else if that is your excuse. The alternative is, your level will never improve. When i reached 101, i never thought about 102. But i got 102 from daily stuff. My friend who got 102 with me, is already at 50% to 103, i am at 5% b:laugh. I tend to die more often without a cleric around apparently. If we add fcc, nix valley, lvling would be easy for us.

Sure Goons made it easy, but getting to 105 with goons was no easy task either. They required endless runs to make it to 105. It wasn't like you turn on hypers and 10 seconds later people became 105. It does not take as much effort as presently it does with fcc, but it still took a decent time to get to 105 with goons. If people missed out, there is no one to blame but yourself.

The thing is, if people invest in their gear, be flexible in tw, buffs will matter little.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bubbles, you're an invaluable gift to the PWI community. Gracias.

b:thanks

I agree, nice post bubbles. b:victory
    edited November 2012
    Alos what ppl arent thinking about is that buffs usually overwrite each other seeing as pw tends to use the same symbols for buffs of a similar nature meaning that unless they change symbol for buff from the pot then it will either overwrite or be overwriten by other buffs....
  • Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why does every new content has to be about lvl 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _HealzYou - Archosaur
    _HealzYou - Archosaur Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Kitties will rule the world one day!"
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Because FCC exists b:chuckle.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Because there is (or was, a few months back), unbelievably, a general lack of non-monotonous content for the 100+ community.

Below that, there's tons of content if you actually look for it/do quests/don't rush to 100 by doing the same things every day. But most people don't seem to have the patience for that anymore. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Niriam - Dreamweaver
    Niriam - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because there is (or was, a few months back), unbelievably, a general lack of non-monotonous content for the 100+ community.
    IMO, ever since the FCC thing started, lowbie content has grown pretty monotonous. Less BHs, no squads gathering near overworld map bosses, and worst of all, no one to team up with for quests. It's just solo questing, standing around a certain area just for the extremely low chance someone comes to the same location for the same boss/BH to help, and if you actually made it in a faction, hardly anyone wants to help. And if you're a quest completionist, prepare to look very needy to them.

It might not be as bad as with high levels(I don't know, none of my 50+ characters made it that far), but the low levels are very monotonous in their own right.
This discussion has been closed.