New/More moderators

Options

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Doing this on a overclocked phone sucks.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    awww can imagine that... tried to play a few days useing my cellphone as a modem, was possible, but not fun... Keeping a forum clean from a phone looks like mission impossible to me...
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Now i'm on my laptop.

Prepare to die spam! (while doing spanish homework) b:surrender
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No worries in a few weeks all the sport will be done.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options

They are spamming about movies too :/
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    We don't need new / better mods. We need new / better admins.

Seriously just add a captcha to account creation and ban all the current spam accounts. It shouldn't take months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    They are spamming about movies too :/

Oh lol i didnt see that, i generally taught my brain to block out spam.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    hehe someone is kicking butt on the spamb:victory
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yes for more mods, no for voluntary players mods.

I find it really cheap for a multimillions $$$ making company to not hire people to do their work.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Now i'm on my laptop.

Prepare to die spam! (while doing spanish homework) b:surrender

/o/ Spanish!

Anti-spam bump.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yea, 40 assignments due sunday at 11pm b:cry
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

\\\True, but with our luck they'll switch too 'Presidential Political Race Spam' afterwards///

b:spit

What I'd like too know is where they've traced all this Spammage **** too?? Judging from the amount spam thats been on Major League ~ Euro Soccer & etc., not too mention the fact that they've stupidly put U.S. College Ball matches ~ like {Utah State vs. Utah State (B4 they realized their mistakes) "It shoulda said something more akin too {BYU vs. Utah State} since they're the top 2 Rival Universities in Utah... (So they don't show much general knowledge when it comes too 'College sports' from within the USA)" b:embarrass

So judging from some of announced (match titles) from the team lineups in the Euro Leagues, Its gotta be from somewhere within the (Central too Eastern European area) where all this **** is coming from; and even if they're hopping these (Mass-Spammages) off of Proxy 'Hubs & Locals' theres still plenty of newer trace software that makes the old {NeoTrace} securities program, look like its blind.....

b:faint
    b:chuckle

But as for the Newer {MODs} staff position expansions; I hope it comes soon and I hope {PWi} recruits them too match a geographical spread, that'll allow for a viable (timezone) shifts spread, that'll allow atleast {1-MOD (preferably~2)} too be able too be on in an overlapping spread, during an (8 hour period) so the Forums have (24/hr) coverage; atleast until {PWI} updates its Forums posting Softwares, so they can squash this garbage that keeps cropping up....

b:surrender
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yea, 40 assignments due sunday at 11pm b:cry

If ya need any help, shoot me a PM ;)
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If ya need any help, shoot me a PM ;)

Thanks, lucky it's all online assignments and i'm almost haflway through, this spam is just distracting, "*does spanish* I wonder how much spam is on the forums (after 5 min of not looking at it)... *goes back to forums* ---- really....?
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Wow..

Fuzzy takes a few steps away for a few moments and things sure can change. Quite an interesting thread to read. Can't argue at all with the majority or responses. The panda doesn't think that Shelly or Kris have enough help, Fuzzy himself has been absent which greatly contributed to their workload and left them to deal with what appears to be an exasperated situation at the moment.

Well, doing what one can do, this mod will pick up where he left off hoping to take some of the pressure off his other 2 collegues. However, in regards to the general question of this thread, some new blood in the mod pool would be most welcome indeed.

It escapes Fuzzy how Shelly has not had herself a nuclear meltdown yet. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Welcome back.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Wow..

Fuzzy takes a few steps away for a few moments and things sure can change. Quite an interesting thread to read. Can't argue at all with the majority or responses. The panda doesn't think that Shelly or Kris have enough help, Fuzzy himself has been absent which greatly contributed to their workload and left them to deal with what appears to be an exasperated situation at the moment.

Well, doing what one can do, this mod will pick up where he left off hoping to take some of the pressure off his other 2 collegues. However, in regards to the general question of this thread, some new blood in the mod pool would be most welcome indeed.

It escapes Fuzzy how Shelly has not had herself a nuclear meltdown yet. b:shocked

!WB Fuzzy!

b:victory
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

So about those $25,000 you promised... b:chuckle
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yay, one more help to fight spam has arrived.
    Now, we got 3 active mods~

Go go go, slay all those spammers b:victory
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Yes for more mods, no for voluntary players mods.

I find it really cheap for a multimillions $$$ making company to not hire people to do their work.

Honestly, I think the only way the company would start to care about the forums would be if they saw a decrease in revenue due to the spam on it, and considering only a small percentage of the overall playerbase actually come here, combined with the fact that there are no cashshop purchases related to the forums, I don't think that will happen.

They probably actually could make money selling the ability to change your avatar to a picture of your choosing, though. I'd be willing to drop $5 or whatever to have the awesomeness of my character displayed next to my posts, as opposed to a generic avatar that every female cleric of my level has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubbabinsky
    bubbabinsky Posts: 17 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's also harsh when I'm the only mod on RaiderZ dealing with the spam. My partner left me to try to get back on a different forum I think....
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Fuzzy is back ♥
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's also harsh when I'm the only mod on RaiderZ dealing with the spam. My partner left me to try to get back on a different forum I think....

Now you know how it felt, twice b:chuckle
  • bubbabinsky
    bubbabinsky Posts: 17 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Options

Thankfully, we are in the process of getting two new mods. Should be picked this week! b:pleased
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Thankfully, we are in the process of getting two new mods. Should be picked this week! b:pleased

Hopefully we'll get some more soon, as well. Ahem ahem, Frankie...

Keep up the good work at Raiderz <3
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Options

*Passes Shelly/Kris/Fuzzy cases of RedBull*

Y'all got this! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hopefully we'll get some more soon, as well. Ahem ahem, Frankie...

Now, now... We all know how busy Frankie is... *cough* Or you could spam his inbox... Make him feel what we feel... I could think of a few ppl that would make some great mobs... Let's just hope they'll apply when the time comes... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Now, now... We all know how busy Frankie is... *cough* Or you could spam his inbox... Make him feel what we feel... I could think of a few ppl that would make some great mobs... Let's just hope they'll apply when the time comes... b:victory

Well, if we really want Frankie to feel what we feel, we'd have to spam his inbox with stuff that's completely irrelevant to his interests. So, for him, I'd guess links to chick flicks and soap operas. b:chuckle

But really, it's not his fault. It's the fault of whoever is in charge of the technical side of the forums. Frankie's just the liaison between PWE and the players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well, if we really want Frankie to feel what we feel, we'd have to spam his inbox with stuff that's completely irrelevant to his interests. So, for him, I'd guess links to chick flicks and soap operas. b:chuckle

But really, it's not his fault. It's the fault of whoever is in charge of the technical side of the forums. Frankie's just the liaison between PWE and the players.

Or links to man-on-man adult videos... b:laugh

Yeah I know... But he and Geno are the only GM's actually doing something when it comes to community stuff... We have no choice but to rely on them otherwise nothing will happen... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It blows the panda's mind just how bad this situation is. Real life has prohibited Fuzzy from doing his part to quell this insurgence of bot ****. A few weeks away and it seems to have all gone haywire. That makes one sad panda.

The frustration you all must feel is horribly obvious and fuzzy WILL return the effort and spam everyone he knows at pwi.

Not everyone is a panda fan but we are all members of our community. This mod will honestly say he is sorry for his absence in this seemingly dark time but... The PWI panda is back, Shelly and Kris have a barb at their back and together we will find a way through this mess.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn