New/More moderators

Options

Comments

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Can we vote for who we think would be the best fit for a new Mod?
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

I talked to Frankie about it, he said they're seriously working on getting new/more moderators.

What that means for the selection process? I have no idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I talked to Frankie about it, he said they're seriously working on getting new/more moderators.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options

hey krit it's good to see you.

I guess all we can do is see. you think maybe you could make mention to Scott that map the players could vote on 1 or 2 people to become the new mods? Idunno how well that will float but there are def people here that would fit in great,
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?

We already picked you twice >.>
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    We already picked you twice >.>

Twice? I'm confused o_o, I'm only a mod once.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Twice? I'm confused o_o, I'm only a mod once.

(>^.^(>@.@)>
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well, sorry but at least i'm telling you but i'm going to bed ._., b:surrender.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I say that 1 thing and spam pops up D:
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

I so do not envy whoever they're gonna get too try and figure out who the new possible canidates will be this time....b:surrender

Back in (2010) there was lots of perspective canidates with examplerary & near unblemished forums usage records.... But now after so many's Tempers flared with the whole 'SP campfest debacle ~ and how long it took {PWE} to rectify it' aswell as the 'FC glitch debacle ~ being brushed under like it was'

I don't think its going to be that easy this time too find a decent list of prospective {MODs} those who'll still have the (near flawless forums records & proof of level headedness) that you just know {PWis} upper echelon, will insist upon for being the (Gold standards) for any possible consideration, for any possible future forum moderator positions.....

Thats gonna be a nightmare for whoever gets stuck with trying to figure out, who can still qualify for that 1 now...b:surrenderb:sad

I seriously don't envy, whoever gets stuck with it.....b:bye
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    seitori wrote: »

I don't think its going to be that easy this time; too find a decent list of prospective {MODs} those who'll still have the (near flawless forums records & proof of level headedness)

When you say "flawless," do you mean it like "never received a warning/forum ban"? Or do you mean "flawless" like "has never spoken against anything PWE has done/brown noser"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    When you say "flawless," do you mean it like "never received a warning/forum ban"? Or do you mean "flawless" like "has never spoken against anything PWE has done/brown noser"?

I agree with this because almost everybody has said something like "PWI isn't doing a good job, etc", even us mods.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I agree with this because almost everybody has said something like "PWI isn't doing a good job, etc", even us mods.
    I wonder if any of the mods here has ever gotten a warning from the GMs and/or a removal from mod position after saying something like "PWI isn't doing a good job" or anything against PWI publicly in the forum.

If not, then the mods here are considered lucky for they still have their freedom of speech b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

You get my point, pretty much for the most part....

Its entirely possible this time that ~ {PWi} Being a business, is likely going to insist on finding people who don't speak up very often against them and their track record, when it comes to {PWi} itself, this time...b:worried

And with so many of us historically on their case about the (SP & FC debacles) like we were, I'll give you a guess as too who they're not likely gonna allow to even be considered for that list (Sad part is though, that some of it actually makes sense, Many of us were Butting heads in major ways on those topics, so why make someone a MOD who already has enemies on the forums, from prior times).....b:thanks

But even so, the last thing they'll want too do is try and make the new {Mods} a bunch of political {yes men}....

(Shelly, Kris & Kritty and the others) were all doing a great job at Moderating, while still holding themselves apart from the ~statis quo~ so they could also give out their own opinions on matters.

My fear will be if this time {PWi} tries to make any (new 1s) just a bunch of (politically expedient ~ Yes men)..b:shocked
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I wonder if any of the mods here has ever gotten a warning from the GMs and/or a removal from mod position after saying something like "PWI isn't doing a good job" or anything against PWI publicly in the forum.

If not, then the mods here are considered lucky for they still have their freedom of speech b:chuckle

*coughFuzzycough*

b:chuckle
  • psumiku
    psumiku Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Perosnally I want to push for new moderators. I believe fresh blood can give them team what it needs at the moment. Even if Kritty will be back in the team, it would be just him and myself doing all the work, so clearly more people are needed to maintain the forums at this point.

I would, but I don't have much experience in modding :P I do have experience in getting rid of spam topics though, lol.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm not here? b:surrender

So little it's almost like you're not around anymore, yes.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Anti-spam bump
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • DodoBear - Harshlands
    DodoBear - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Anti-spam bump b:victory
    Drat and double drat! b:victory
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It seems that getting new mods or getting the current mods to work, all of them, instead if a single mod doing all the work, may need to be done fast as the spam get worse.
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Send a complain to china, then maybe things will start to changeb:laugh

Unfortunately, the issues probably originate in China; the land of faux and knock-offs, spam and bots, General Tso and Kung Pao chicken.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda you may need a new gun, a spam gun carried along with ya troll gun
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda you may need a new gun, a spam gun carried along with ya troll gun

I know right?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Im gonna eat them spammers if they dare to come into my basket again. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • burriedone
    burriedone Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    New or more does not really matter for me as long as they are active.
    Also, each moderator should have different timezone or schedule to each other, so there will be no vacant moment like now where the spammer can spam intensely for a few hours.

If all moderators have different schedule from one to another, there will be, at least, one moderator actively watching the forum.

If they can't afford to hire new or more active moderators, they should settle down with some other solutions to fight the spammers, such as Captcha.

vote +1 also on this. CAPTCHA..
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    TBH what we need is more staff that can get in touch with the devs...
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bump to fight spam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    TBH what we need is more staff that can get in touch with the devs...

This is a discussion about forum moderators though, so please direct any off topic posts elsewhere.
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    bump to clear spam b:shocked