Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's amazing how this rule is so heavily enforced to the point where players are getting perma bans. Especially when I was browsing the official site & found: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/class

I looked at all of the older classes & surprise, surprise. All flaunting .ini edited hairstyles. Wtf? It's like you guys are rubbing it in our faces. Pff, don't get me started on that barb preset. You wanna stress how much it's against the rules? Start by following it yourselves, PWI Staff. HIPPOCRITES. D:<

Aside from my tiny rant, +1 to this thread. (Obviously.)

I don't know if it's your name or what you posted, but I suddenly want to give you hugs.

The reasoning they gave us for not allowing it, is the laziest response I have ever seen from an MMO company. I could start ranting and raving... but at the moment, I'm more pissed off that the fashion I wanted comes from a friggen' PACK at a rate LESS than Cloud Stir/Sky Cover.

What. The. Hell.
  • Kiriumi - Sanctuary
    Kiriumi - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I don't know if it's your name or what you posted, but I suddenly want to give you hugs.

The reasoning they gave us for not allowing it, is the laziest response I have ever seen from an MMO company. I could start ranting and raving... but at the moment, I'm more pissed off that the fashion I wanted comes from a friggen' PACK at a rate LESS than Cloud Stir/Sky Cover.

What. The. Hell.

I know! My initial thought after the update was:

They FINALLY implement new fashion, but the only way to attain it is through packs? I don't.. I don't even know why I'm surprised.

I demand compensation! You guys can start off by allowing .ini edits! Still no? Okay.

b:avoidonlyitsnotokay.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Dragon orbs 50 gold, 1 gold =2 euros, fashion in packs...... maybe if we ask GM's nicely they can make 2 gold per INI edits lol. b:victory
    They have a reason why dont they "allow" it because if you look on forums at "screenshots" topic 99% of people who post they characters have INI edit and no one ban them. On my server i think 80% of people have it for years no one give a damn. So why do u say you dont allow and BAN people if almost all people use it?
  • WynterDawn - Archosaur
    WynterDawn - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm a relativity new PWI player. I enjoy the game and the ability to customize our character with fashions. I like the dress up factor in the game. It gives the game another level of play for me.

I made my character to the best of my ability with the opening customization options. After going about town I've started to notice how much better other pc's looked. Better eyeliner, eyeshadow, rich lip-color, bright eyes, better looking eyelashes etc. b:cute

Being newbish I assumed that these options must be 'unlockable' with a makeover scroll. I bought myself a scroll and was all ready to give my pc an awesome makeover. Lo and behold I find the same options that I had at my character creation. b:sad

So, what do I do? I head to the forums. I must have missed some detail when creating my pc. I look over the Show your character and fashion threads. I still see some really nice pcs and then I learn about this ini editing.

I'm still a bit confused on the matter. As far as I can tell, ini editing is not allowed on the US servers as it counts as a ****, or game abuse.

I would pay for an uber customization scroll or what have you to be allowed a wider range of choices for customization. Is this ever going to be an option, or will the powers that be allow for a more complex character editing?

Long story short, I'm invested into the game so far and don't want to risk ini editing (I'm not even sure I can ini edit an existing character) and thus getting my account banned for rules breaking.
    edited June 2012
    I'm a relativity new PWI player. I enjoy the game and the ability to customize our character with fashions. I like the dress up factor in the game. It gives the game another level of play for me.

I made my character to the best of my ability with the opening customization options. After going about town I've started to notice how much better other pc's looked. Better eyeliner, eyeshadow, rich lip-color, bright eyes, better looking eyelashes etc. b:cute

Being newbish I assumed that these options must be 'unlockable' with a makeover scroll. I bought myself a scroll and was all ready to give my pc an awesome makeover. Lo and behold I find the same options that I had at my character creation. b:sad

So, what do I do? I head to the forums. I must have missed some detail when creating my pc. I look over the Show your character and fashion threads. I still see some really nice pcs and then I learn about this ini editing.

I'm still a bit confused on the matter. As far as I can tell, ini editing is not allowed on the US servers as it counts as a ****, or game abuse.

I would pay for an uber customization scroll or what have you to be allowed a wider range of choices for customization. Is this ever going to be an option, or will the powers that be allow for a more complex character editing?

Long story short, I'm invested into the game so far and don't want to risk ini editing (I'm not even sure I can ini edit an existing character) and thus getting my account banned for rules breaking.

I am having trouble understanding if you're asking something or making a statement.

This thread is basically the players asking the Devs to let us .ini edit. As you've stated, all other game servers, save for the US ones, are allowed to .ini edit. The reasoning behind this, is that the US server's GM team doesn't want to take the time out to monitor servers and people who .ini edit. They have better things to do.

We, the playerbase that likes the aesthetics and customization capabilities in this game, have been bumping this thread for a bit, now. You're welcome to help us out, but do know... It would be like you're trying to knock down a house using a chicken feather. I hope it's a Skarmory feather... b:shutup
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012

While ini editing is something that helps with the customization process, it's not necessary to create a gorgeous and unique character. It takes a lot of practice, and a lot of people continuously tweak their character little bit by little bit until they what they want. As far as the brighter eyes and brighter colors, those are probably ini edits. Almost all of the doll like characters are also ini edits, although many of those just creep me out. Especially when people dress them up in revealing outfits after giving them baby faces. Some manage to do a really good job though. ^^

Many people who post screenshots in that forum have also edited their pictures, their characters don't look that way in game. Not all of them obviously, but many have. So don't let those discourage you. If you don't want to risk the ban just for brighter eyes, keep bumping this post and hopefully we can bring about a rule change. If you want help with customization, I recommend making characters for practice then asking for real critiques in the rate a character thread. You can save your customization using a makeover scroll btw.

For example if you want help maximizing your character

Step 1) Buy a makeover scroll
    Step 2) Tweak it
    Step 3) Hit printscr and take a screenshot
    Step 4) On the right hand side, save the preset with a name you'll remember
    Step 5) Hit cancel
    Step 6) Post and get ratings on the character, get help tweaking it a bit
    Step 7) Login in game, use the makeover scroll and load your old preset.
    Step 8) Make the changes if satisfied, apply them. If not, go back to step 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited June 2012
    ^ I am an un-edited player, and I approve of this message.
  • WynterDawn - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Mimiroppu: Sorry, I was a bit long winded and rambling. I guess what I was trying to say was that I would like to be able to legally ini edit, either by rules change or as a pay option. I support this thread :)

VenusArmani: Thanks for those steps! That will help me a bit in the meantime.

Thank you both for the input :)
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Should be allowed
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • mullot
    mullot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If the ini edits are only to change the customizations of how a character's face/hair (looks) then it should be allowed.

I mean look at all the dragoon abusers and all the other exploits that PWi has seen over the years. All the banns that were handed out to those, were a simple and light slap on the wrist. How does many 105 characters suddenly popping up on the servers not affect gameplay at all?

And then on the other hand, we see perma-banns on people who edit the ini files to better pursue a better looking character that suits what their needs. If it doesnt affect other people and actual gameplay, then why should players(characters) be banned? Don't people in real life achieve better looks/body by cosmetic surgery?
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My thoughts on INI edits are allow it! That's not right to perma-ban someone if they have seeker eyes, and hair. While others who glitched FC get with only a few days?? That just a$ backwards. PWI staff I don't think you realize what more important here. I have a friend she got banned for ini edit no warning nothing.. she's a full r9+12 wizard. I had to nurse her back to sanity because you guys. If you don't want people to edit how there char looks you fix the problem so people can't edit appearance, or just allow it. This is how PWI loses good paying customer! b:bye
  • emilyliao
    emilyliao Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    actually... this perma-ban is directed against female users in PWI... isnt it?b:sad
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    Agiya - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No. The characters are unique and creative enough.
    Oh carrots are devine, you get a dozen for a dime...its maaaa-gic! ~ Bugs Bunny
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My thoughts on INI edits are allow it! That's not right to perma-ban someone if they have seeker eyes, and hair. While others who glitched FC get with only a few days?? That just a$ backwards. PWI staff I don't think you realize what more important here. I have a friend she got banned for ini edit no warning nothing.. she's a full r9+12 wizard. I had to nurse her back to sanity because you guys. If you don't want people to edit how there char looks you fix the problem so people can't edit appearance, or just allow it. This is how PWI loses good paying customer! b:bye

Tell her to ticket. A good angry ticket, she needs to emphasize that it is their fault for being unequal and inconsistent with this rule, and also needs to be angry about having spent money(I assume) to be banned for something trivial.
    edited June 2012
    Tell her to ticket. A good angry ticket, she needs to emphasize that it is their fault for being unequal and inconsistent with this rule, and also needs to be angry about having spent money(I assume) to be banned for something trivial.

BUMP QUICK! BEFORE ALL THE TOPICS ABOUT HAVING A NEW RACE FLUSH US OUT TO THE SECOND PAGE!!!

In all seriousness, I fear a ticket won't do anything. PWE seems to have a serious vendetta against people who .ini edit. A few pages earlier, we see a fine gentleman, who had his lovely friend post on his behalf, was permanently banned. This was shortly after the goon glitchers received their non-punishment and went on their merry way.

PWE's logic is that they give us a 24hour warning to change it back, BEFORE they permanently ban you and that makes it okay. Maybe we have real lives to get to and don't see this message? It escapes me everytime. Fashion in packs, temp fashion everyone has been dying for from an npc, people getting banned for small cosmetic changes.

All it takes is one ****. That one loser scumbag who has nothing better to do. All this mistreatment is just... bleh.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bump.

I refuse to let PWE ban people for having a pretty character, while they ingore goon glitchers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited June 2012
    Now they are claiming that even creating characters for other people counts as ini editing. Even if you don't actually edit the file in anyway. fun. fun. fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • WynterDawn - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    @ VenusArmani: Really?! Isn't that a bit extreme, especially if other servers allow ini edits. Makes my head hurt trying to find the logic in that.
    edited June 2012
    Now they are claiming that even creating characters for other people counts as ini editing. Even if you don't actually edit the file in anyway. fun. fun. fun.

The funny thing is that the GMs here officially allow us to actually edit game files to implement the old UI
    They are able to make an exception for that and still hold to these ridiculous policies against harmless INI edits.

At this point the only thing that could possibly make sense is that they are holding players' customizations up to their own cosmetic standard.
    edited June 2012
    The funny thing is that the GMs here officially allow us to actually edit game files to implement the old UI
    They are able to make an exception for that and still hold to these ridiculous policies against harmless INI edits.

At this point the only thing that could possibly make sense is that they are holding players' customizations up to their own cosmetic standard.

The thing is though, they shut down the ini file sharing thread. Even though it is completely possible to file share inis without modifying the ini file at all. Just merely copying and pasting the data without any changes is now considered teaching people to modify ini files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited June 2012
    I see, their condition of Cranial Rectosis is progressing to a fatal level...
    edited June 2012
    That sucks! Even the ones without EG eyes, etc? That counts as .ini editing? This is seriously getting out of hand...

... They aren't even doing anything game breaking. Why are they getting punished and permanently banned for something that the main game's company's servers flaunt? I think we should start getting cranky again and post in general forums. Y'know, a big "WTF PWE" kind of topic. Have you noticed that some of the mods were posting in here and now they're not?

People who cheat for levels are alright, but people who want to change their character's eyes are DOWNRIGHT EVIL AND DIRTY AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 BAN FOREVERZZZZZ

I swear, this is the most ***-backwards MMORPG I've ever been on. Why even have this forum if they're not going to listen to it? Why ban anyone, since they feel it's okay to cheat and glitch? :/
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    That is absolutely unacceptable. As much as I can say without breaking forum rules here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2012
    b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • propadol1
    propadol1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Even the worst ini edit should be allowed since developers and coders of this game are incompetent to fix it and make it uneditable.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The funny thing is on forum people can't speak about it or share it but in game you cannot walk without see all people using .ini edit.

90 females chars on 100 i see in game are .ini edit. Majority its just the hair and eyes. Even shop are .ini edit.

Its seriously a joke to ban for that and i'm probably sure that everyone who get ban for it is cause someone SS and send a complain ticket, cause if a GM was loging in game just to ban people using it i'm telling you the server will be half dead in less than a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited July 2012
    Looks like PWI has become much more aggressive about this guys. I'd highly recommend anyone who has edits to revert back to normal before you get banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Just waiting to see what happens when they ban some big spender... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    I honestly don't see why we can't, everything about the client makes it seem like we are supposed to be able to edit. I mean the files are stored client side, and they give people the option to turn customization off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I honestly don't see why we can't, everything about the client makes it seem like we are supposed to be able to edit. I mean the files are stored client side, and they give people the option to turn customization off.

And then there's the Advanced Makeover Scroll functionality that we.... don't have.
This discussion has been closed.