FC Glitch Update

Comments

• MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    urs and mine had alot of **** in them :D

So what, that's why they're already censored with the *'s. There has been MUCH worse said in this thread, now all of a sudden someone is further censoring s**t that has already been censored b:angry
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    temp0r4ry wrote: »
    Check the accounts that are 105. Check the account creation date or the character creation date. If the player hit 105 in a stupidly short amount of time, perma ban. b:bye

This is a much too complicated mathematical operation for any PWI admin.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, I stopped expecting things or hoping for things long ago. I am not disappointed because I never expected anything to begin with.

But I'm rather happy at least Frankie was honest with us for once (don't get me wrong, I have nothing against him in person, he just works for a bad company like Shelly said.)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    all of them are, the ones with <105 avatars are posting from alts.

b:sad
    I'm not an alt!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Let me start of by saying this, I admit to glitching it once to see if I could do it. (on a different account) ... I got a measly 8-15% (can't recall exact amount) exp at 100... not even close to a level.

I really do appreciate the "attempt" (if it can even be called that) at trying to enforce their own TOS that we all agreed to upon entering the game the first time. On that point; sadly, it seems more and more like PWI has become a private server of another game, considering all the buyable stuff from boutique, the lack of enforcement of rules, and even lack of actual things that would ensure the game remains to thrive all the way around, for anyone who steps.... err navigates, downloads, and plays this game.

While I admit PWI's Admins/Dev's/IN GAME GM's haven't always been there when we would like/need them to be, they are far from the worst out there in my opinion. (not trying to suck up to them, but meh they did help me out once before.) .... but... Yea, not doing anything about this, or pretty much going back on the punishment just seems to be asking for others to break the rules, (especially if a new glitch comes up) and then some.

I really don't care that I didn't get to glitch he hell out of it and level multiple chars up to 100, or even get one char to 105. I for one would much rather go for the long road/journey to leveling up each of my chars. After all as that old saying goes.... Life is about the journey you take to get where your going, not how fast you get there. (Albeit I use alt fcs to do that, but still much more rewarding waiting to level it up in the long run... it wastes more time that way, and gives me a bit more time to enjoy the game while it lasts, which if this is any indication as to how little the devs/admins care about this game anymore, then i can't see the game lasting much longer at all. (Especially considering how little effort we have seen them in enforcing their rules/keeping their game bug free, we all can only take so much of this taking months upon years to fulfill promises made a long time ago... almost as if pwe hopes everyone just doesn't mention anything about that promise, and they just go on as if nothing happened/that the great majority of the base doesn't care about the promise in the first place) I am fairly sure that with this recent knowledge of 'we can't track/we more or less wont be punishing anyone for using this glitch even though we told everyone not too,'people will abuse to no end, and the game will be dead before ALL of the people who have been saying its dead comes back and says "i told you so." Granted if they are wrong, they wont admit it, as they don't want to be wrong, or stopped caring about the game long ago. Not to mention the fact that anger/hopelessness does tend to blind people when it comes to being pessimistic about things, and lets face it PWE hasn't really giving any one of us a reason to be optimistic about the future of PWI, especially considering how long it usually takes to get something like this done/a fix for a bug.

In my opinion what they should have done is ban each and every single one of the accounts found to have been using this glitch for a temporary amount of time, and the more they found that a account used this glitch the longer the ban should have been. I also realize that this may not be fair to those in the wrong place at the wrong time, but meh that's where the 'depending on how often they/you used this glitch' comes in. (I do applaud frankie for admitting that it took them a while to fix this glitch but regardless of that fact, A LOT of people broke the TOS, we should all be punished for it or rather the account we did it with should be.) I do understand and agree that no ban should be permanent regardless if they abused it to level up 30 chars to 105... or did it for only 10% exp; however, the fact still remains countless people broke the TOS, and to not receive a proper punishment for their indiscretion against the rules, is just plain ludicrous at best. (as I said earlier its just asking for people to disobey the admins, in game gm's, dev's.... anyone with authority in this game, and yes sadly that includes forum moderators)

Albeit that is pretty much invalid especially considering as we all have just recently learned, there is no way for them to see how much each person abused this glitch. (I am paraphrasing a bit) Still in my opinion the best course of action would have been to temporarily ban each account depending on how much they used glitch.

In other words Ban all or none.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Pwi has to hire people with brainz. Because they are clearly missing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Whats the point of even trying to work for something anymore.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    shaking my head, pwi.
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I wonder what happens when wars with guilds for the 2nd time comes out. Will there be people fired again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Pwi has to hire people with brainz. Because they are clearly missing them.

That's the thing. I would LOVE to work for PWE, if they'd actually give me enough authority, as needed, to actually make a difference (not your average "entry level position"). Only thing is, I would NOT live in CA, even if they paid for my housing/rent/mortgage on top of my salary!

I'm also pretty sure PWE wouldn't plan to open a 'branch' where I currently live. Not in a million years. Not that I live in the middle of nowhere or anything, I actually live in one of the most 'techie' cities in the US. If anything it would be how greedy they are accused of being, that would prohibit them from opening another location since it would consume some of their profit! Although, of course, I believe improving and promoting customer support will actually turn better profits in the long term.

At this point I'd even venture out to extend the offer to be their lead guy [project lead] for opening and managing a customer service branch location in or near my home town. All they would have to do is 'send "one guy (or gal)" out' to orient and train me (and I'm sure to oversee the initial stages of the entire project since they don't know me), then they could leave all the responsibilities on me (including hiring/firing, training, managing, etc...). I wouldn't ask for a huge or unreasonable salary either, not that I would publicly discuss that anyway. If, despite the very high unlikelyhood of anything like this ever happening, it did happen, this (among many other things) would have to be privately discussed and or negotiated between PWE and myself. Right now ("saving the game") improving customer service would be more of a concern than salary (if my method succeeds for their long term profit increase, as I hypothesize, then they can properly compensate me at that time b:chuckle).

So, what do you say PWE? I hereby declare this my official offer in an attempt to help you better your customer service, thereby improving your customer satisfaction and long term profits. This is a serious offer, that I'm only going to make once. I will not attempt to force your acceptance by making repeated offers. I also apologize that I am not going to submit this offer in a professional manner (ie by phone, written letter, etc...), but your current level of customer service doesn't make clear any of your current business phone numbers or addresses. I do have ideas that extend beyond this informal forum post, that would requisite being contacted by someone who is authoritive on making these types of decisions. So, please forward this offer to the proper department / personnel. If anybody authoritive within the company is interested I can be reached at the phone number linked to this account. Also, If there is interest, please assure to contact me via telephone as I would like to avoid wasting any precious time ("get the ball rolling")!
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I wonder what happens when wars with guilds for the 2nd time comes out. Will there be people fired again?

LOL

SMH lol you know what will make everyone feel better? Bring the glitch back and make it legal. Might as well since you can't track who used it and refuse to ban any of the people who did. might as well make it legal right? Seemed way better then, " Sorry all of you that follow our rules but you are all ****ed and should have used the glitch when you could. Now you have nothing! **** you all!" Sorry that's not what you wrote but that's what I read. xD

Punishing the good honest players by nerfing goons and letting all that gained from this get a "Good Job. You were smart in defying us." and pat on the head.

OOOOH I have a better idea! Turn PW into a social network! That's what I'm going to be using it for now anyway. b:chuckle
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    LOL

SMH lol you know what will make everyone feel better? Bring the glitch back and make it legal. Might as well since you can't track who used it and refuse to ban any of the people who did. might as well make it legal right? Seemed way better then, " Sorry all of you that follow our rules but you are all ****ed and should have used the glitch when you could. Now you have nothing! **** you all!" Sorry that's not what you wrote but that's what I read. xD

Punishing the good honest players by nerfing goons and letting all that gained from this get a "Good Job. You were smart in defying us." and pat on the head.

OOOOH I have a better idea! Turn PW into a social network! That's what I'm going to be using it for now anyway. b:chuckle

Normally I'd say no... But the damage is already done now so might as well... I can't see how making it legal now could possibly do even more damage then it has already done... good thing we have a low lvl cap...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • ryuzaki20
    ryuzaki20 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    105 is just a number my god........stop complaining, to everyone 105 is just a number to show off, wanna be pro? Show everyone that you can make it to 105 without glitch or whatever, take advantage of this 2x and hit 105.

Then you can tell everyone in they're face "Pro is Pro" and then you can be happy and forget about all this.

Thanks
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So if all fail people that glitched frost are getting unbanned in less than 24H I wonder how many minutes of ban I will get if I log 10accs same time, using 4 of them to PK in secret passage, other 4 to PK in room 1 of cube while using the other 2 to sell Jonas/Anniversary Blessing and World Chatting some racist jokes?

Better I don't try that since I never cashshopped b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • IoINo - Lost City
    IoINo - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ryuzaki20 wrote: »
    105 is just a number my god........stop complaining, to everyone 105 is just a number to show off, wanna be pro? Show everyone that you can make it to 105 without glitch or whatever, take advantage of this 2x and hit 105.

Then you can tell everyone in they're face "Pro is Pro" and then you can be happy and forget about all this.

Thanks

If you truly believe it's only a number, you don't know the game :)
  • IoINo - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    So if all fail people that glitched frost are getting unbanned in less than 24H I wonder how many minutes of ban I will get if I log 10accs same time, using 4 of them to PK in secret passage, other 4 to PK in room 1 of cube while using the other 2 to sell Jonas/Anniversary Blessing and World Chatting some racist jokes?

Better I don't try that since I never cashshopped b:surrender

If you no cash shop, you get ban :D

It really does seem like the most logical reason why they would unban these people even for a temp ban. Lol if people couldn't wait out that silly little temp ban they truly have no life.

Probably got spammed with tickets saying they, and their friends, will be leaving the game. Which the 105s are typically in the top factions with most cash shoppers.

Either do something real or bring back the glitch. :D I wanna get to 105!
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ryuzaki20 wrote: »

Thanks

105 does matter actually....and what about the hordes of 100+ alts that popped up out of nowhere? where do you think they came from?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Probably got spammed with tickets saying they, and their friends, will be leaving the game. Which the 105s are typically in the top factions with most cash shoppers.

What is there left to buy when you're 105 and have R9 +12 gear?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's not so much about people levelling, but more about PWI not enforcing their rules. The problem at hand just happens to be about goonz.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you no cash shop, you get ban :D

It really does seem like the most logical reason why they would unban these people even for a temp ban. Lol if people couldn't wait out that silly little temp ban they truly have no life.

Either do something real or bring back the glitch. :D I wanna get to 105!

It's not a fun fact but the CSers got PWE right where it hurts... I guess they had to consider the fact that many of those glitchers are their income... And if most of the income is lost they might have to close PWI down... Many ppl before have threatened to stop spending money but never actually did it... But what happens if actually do they do? So basically the choice was between having to "forgive" the abusers or having the risk of having to close the game... Shouldn't take too long to make the obvious choice then...

Although I'm glad no one got permanently banned I just want to say this: You ppl who abused the glitch over and over again (not talking about those who tried/did it a few times for the heck of it) are totally uncool... I have much greater respect for those who lvl the honest way... Constant abusers with a god complex are lame... That's all... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • BuBysaur - Heavens Tear
    BuBysaur - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The funnyest part is glitch has never been fixed only xp is reduced.
    I dont get why is so hard to fix glitches, ive sent ticket bout sin running in place and unable to use skills glitch like 5 times.
    After last try i got answer to verify game files(what i do after every major update)...
    Didn't help of course...
    proud goon glitcher
  • IoINo - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    karmelia wrote: »

Do you think that people who are r9+12 stop CSing? They make alts, and gear them up. If they CS R9 they are most likely more than willing to CS everything.
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.
    happen again.

Do you mean modifying the exp given by goons, or do you actually mean the boss itself has been modified? Something tells me its the former :/ I cbb reading every page, so dunno if this was asked. I guess it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

In any case, this is a prime example of how PWE deals with its problems. Glad awesome games are coming out soon b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Does this mean 2x b:chuckle
    Yes being sarcastic if you couldn't tell
    It's sad, but it's what we all pretty much expected. I truly do hope you live up to your promise to improve things frankieraye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Mystic_Man - Harshlands
    Mystic_Man - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Your company provides a SERVICE. That service is this game and its management. When you fail to make a MAJORITY of your members happy, you fail to provide that service.

You have failed to provide service to your members, in my opinion, since a short while before the Raging Tide Expansion.
    I don't know, or care, what happened...but if you want this game to continue (which, by the way, is your flagship game, and nobody can deny it--) you should start caring yourselves.

PWE looses more money from people telling their friends to NOT play this game, than they would if they simply fixed major issues in the game and DELIEVERED what they told us they would. (AHEM, PvP Arena, Guild Base Wars, etc.)

Fixing three issues would stop this game from its current nosedive:
    FC (Cap it at 75.)
    Rank Gear (It needs a nurf.)
    APS (Needs a BETTER nurf.)

That's it! That is literally all you would need to tweak. I will start from the top, and explain to you.

Frostcovered City Caps:
    A mass majority of players have now powerleveled their alt characters with this instance, using Hyper Stones, and a high leveled main character. (Usually a Blademaster or an Assassin with Bloodpaint on.)

Because of this, there are almost no new players showing up to this game. Why? There is nobody else to quest with. There is nobody to help them with their Cultivation quests.

This is an MMORPG. We're supposed to play together. We LIKE to play together. We ENJOY a challenge of working together with other classes, and understanding how they work to further benefit our progress.

Your game is no longer a challenge. Your game no longer requires you to know anybody except a level 100 Assassin, and a few million coins to hit 100. This is unacceptable.

In the QUEST LINE, you get the quest to enter and discover the mysteries of Frostcovered City at level 75. You are also unable to squad to open the door if you have someone in your party below this level.

However, people get by this, by having another high level character help them open the door, and then inviting low leveled alt characters into the instance, where they then solo the entire dungeon for them.

We know you know about this. What we wonder is why nothing has been done about it.

Rank 9
    Having played this game since 2008, the best gear in the game has always been Warsoul. Anybody who ever obtained this gear was, in a large majority of peoples' opinions, either had no life, or was simply amazing...usually the latter.

When the Nirvana expansion came, nobody could complain too much about it. One could easily compete against Nirvana in TT99 gear, and so the need to convert and spend a great deal of time in the instance was none too great.

Even Rank 8 can be handled easily in Twilight Temple gear, if a person knows how to play their class properly. The statistics on this gear were not so horrible that it changed the entire way the game was played, and it gave the company some extra bucks for those who wanted an extra edge.

But then came Rank 9.

There is absolutely no other word to describe the gap between Rank 8 and Rank 9 except "insane". Speaking from a Psychic's point of view, the amount of soulforce that the set grants you is so stupidly powerful, that you have Psychics suiciding on OTHER Psychics.

While there are some advantages to the retardedly powerful gear--(the foremost being that Barbarians can now tank against APS classes, which is what the class was intended for in the first place,) the contrasts far outweigh what the players (your customers) gain from it.

A large chunk of your players wonder if you even care about what the customer gains anymore. With this gear, I begin to wonder this myself.
    Again, we know you're more than aware you know about this. And again, the question is...why?

Some people might even point out it's merely for the money--you're sucking out every penny before this game crashes into the ground.

But would it not be more profitable for you to keep this game going longer, collecting more and more new players with current member advertising that this game is one of the best they've played, rather than rip it apart by the seams with armor like this and constant sales?
    One would think so, doing the math right.

Attacks per second (APS)
    Since the earliest people came to this game, people have strived to make the best and most effective builds they can. However, there is one in particular that has completely changed the nature of the game--the APS build.

Attacking up to 5 times in a single second, a character with a high critical rating can easily take out the worst bosses in only a matter of seconds: some less than a minute. This allows Assassins, Blademasters, Barbarians, and even Archers, to have an EXTREME advantage over Wizards, Clerics, and Psychics in terms of PvE play, and in general, APS characters dominate PvP in many cases.

This is unacceptable.

When you attempted to fix this issue, your playerbase laughed at you--even people who were supposedly nurfed laughed at you. The 20% decrease of accuracy did not improve the situation at all. It was as if you didn't adjust it at all.
    We did appreciate the measure greatly, but it wasn't enough, in the majority of player's minds.

Therefore, we (your players) would enjoy it if you went back to repair this hiccup, and possibly make this nurf more effective. Since it is no longer possible for normal players (I say normal in the context of 'not major cashshoppers, with average gear') to do Twilight Temple squads, and Caster Nirvana has been reduced seriously, there is no way for other Non-APS characters to compete. This is a major error in this version (and other versions) of this game.

If done in the proper degree, nurfing APS would restore the need for squads, making players play with one another, and instilling a sense of cooperation. It would also bring back the Barbarian population, who were the designated tanking class since the beginning of the game.

Note how I said "in the proper degree." I will say again that the first attempt was a bit of a joke.

======================================

By repairing these three issues, I believe players would be further encouraged to play this game, and invite others to play as well. This would not only increase your income, but the allure of the game as well, giving it more popularity. A large, happy playerbase is a large, happy wallet.

Companies such as Apple don't run their flagships into the ground, such as the IPod, or the Mac; so why are you running Perfect World into the dirt with errors such as this? Continuing this game further would only further your profits, and word would spread of how this game has returned back to its former glory. Or, would you rather be known as a complete flop of a company, who couldn't keep their best game afloat?

I suppose that's your choice, but your players are asking you nicely...and we are running out of patience.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15105911002&dateline=1334936268[/SIGPIC]

Save PWI: 2012
    ttp://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/Save%20PWI/

We play this game---We know how to fix it.
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I could not have said this better (although between my OCD and proofreading it probably would have taken me a week to write this ROFL)!
    Your company provides a SERVICE. That service is this game and its management. When you fail to make a MAJORITY of your members happy, you fail to provide that service.

You have failed to provide service to your members, in my opinion, since a short while before the Raging Tide Expansion.
    I don't know, or care, what happened...but if you want this game to continue (which, by the way, is your flagship game, and nobody can deny it--) you should start caring yourselves.

PWE looses more money from people telling their friends to NOT play this game, than they would if they simply fixed major issues in the game and DELIEVERED what they told us they would. (AHEM, PvP Arena, Guild Base Wars, etc.)

Fixing three issues would stop this game from its current nosedive:
    FC (Cap it at 75.)
    Rank Gear (It needs a nurf.)
    APS (Needs a BETTER nurf.)

That's it! That is literally all you would need to tweak. I will start from the top, and explain to you.

Frostcovered City Caps:
    A mass majority of players have now powerleveled their alt characters with this instance, using Hyper Stones, and a high leveled main character. (Usually a Blademaster or an Assassin with Bloodpaint on.)

Because of this, there are almost no new players showing up to this game. Why? There is nobody else to quest with. There is nobody to help them with their Cultivation quests.

This is an MMORPG. We're supposed to play together. We LIKE to play together. We ENJOY a challenge of working together with other classes, and understanding how they work to further benefit our progress.

Your game is no longer a challenge. Your game no longer requires you to know anybody except a level 100 Assassin, and a few million coins to hit 100. This is unacceptable.

In the QUEST LINE, you get the quest to enter and discover the mysteries of Frostcovered City at level 75. You are also unable to squad to open the door if you have someone in your party below this level.

However, people get by this, by having another high level character help them open the door, and then inviting low leveled alt characters into the instance, where they then solo the entire dungeon for them.

We know you know about this. What we wonder is why nothing has been done about it.

Rank 9
    Having played this game since 2008, the best gear in the game has always been Warsoul. Anybody who ever obtained this gear was, in a large majority of peoples' opinions, either had no life, or was simply amazing...usually the latter.

When the Nirvana expansion came, nobody could complain too much about it. One could easily compete against Nirvana in TT99 gear, and so the need to convert and spend a great deal of time in the instance was none too great.

Even Rank 8 can be handled easily in Twilight Temple gear, if a person knows how to play their class properly. The statistics on this gear were not so horrible that it changed the entire way the game was played, and it gave the company some extra bucks for those who wanted an extra edge.

But then came Rank 9.

There is absolutely no other word to describe the gap between Rank 8 and Rank 9 except "insane". Speaking from a Psychic's point of view, the amount of soulforce that the set grants you is so stupidly powerful, that you have Psychics suiciding on OTHER Psychics.

While there are some advantages to the retardedly powerful gear--(the foremost being that Barbarians can now tank against APS classes, which is what the class was intended for in the first place,) the contrasts far outweigh what the players (your customers) gain from it.

A large chunk of your players wonder if you even care about what the customer gains anymore. With this gear, I begin to wonder this myself.
    Again, we know you're more than aware you know about this. And again, the question is...why?

Some people might even point out it's merely for the money--you're sucking out every penny before this game crashes into the ground.

But would it not be more profitable for you to keep this game going longer, collecting more and more new players with current member advertising that this game is one of the best they've played, rather than rip it apart by the seams with armor like this and constant sales?
    One would think so, doing the math right.

Attacks per second (APS)
    Since the earliest people came to this game, people have strived to make the best and most effective builds they can. However, there is one in particular that has completely changed the nature of the game--the APS build.

Attacking up to 5 times in a single second, a character with a high critical rating can easily take out the worst bosses in only a matter of seconds: some less than a minute. This allows Assassins, Blademasters, Barbarians, and even Archers, to have an EXTREME advantage over Wizards, Clerics, and Psychics in terms of PvE play, and in general, APS characters dominate PvP in many cases.

This is unacceptable.

When you attempted to fix this issue, your playerbase laughed at you--even people who were supposedly nurfed laughed at you. The 20% decrease of accuracy did not improve the situation at all. It was as if you didn't adjust it at all.
    We did appreciate the measure greatly, but it wasn't enough, in the majority of player's minds.

Therefore, we (your players) would enjoy it if you went back to repair this hiccup, and possibly make this nurf more effective. Since it is no longer possible for normal players (I say normal in the context of 'not major cashshoppers, with average gear') to do Twilight Temple squads, and Caster Nirvana has been reduced seriously, there is no way for other Non-APS characters to compete. This is a major error in this version (and other versions) of this game.

If done in the proper degree, nurfing APS would restore the need for squads, making players play with one another, and instilling a sense of cooperation. It would also bring back the Barbarian population, who were the designated tanking class since the beginning of the game.

Note how I said "in the proper degree." I will say again that the first attempt was a bit of a joke.

======================================

By repairing these three issues, I believe players would be further encouraged to play this game, and invite others to play as well. This would not only increase your income, but the allure of the game as well, giving it more popularity. A large, happy playerbase is a large, happy wallet.

Companies such as Apple don't run their flagships into the ground, such as the IPod, or the Mac; so why are you running Perfect World into the dirt with errors such as this? Continuing this game further would only further your profits, and word would spread of how this game has returned back to its former glory. Or, would you rather be known as a complete flop of a company, who couldn't keep their best game afloat?

I suppose that's your choice, but your players are asking you nicely...and we are running out of patience.
  • BuBysaur - Heavens Tear
    BuBysaur - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:shocked whoa right to the core.
    but imo pwi likes 1 player spending 1000$/month more than 10 players spending 50$/month so its unreal to expect such nerfs to happen.
    as long as ppl continue spending insane amount of cash on this game nothing is getting fixed nor changeg what is too bad cuz this game has(or had) 'something' what keeps me playing....
    proud goon glitcher
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I wonder if a better reimbursment for this whole mess would be to lower the prices for everything that is currently for sale in the boutique by 90%.

Let us have this for 2 weeks, and make sure to broadcast it in each server as reimbursment.

The fact PWE would be willing to "Lose money" as punishment to themselves would speak louder and be more appreciated then simply turning on x2 exp/spirit.

Frankie you guys need to start being a bit more drastic with the attempts to make the community happy. You guys screwed up and if no ones going to be punished and the people who Followed the rules are going to be the only ones screwed over, then I think it's only fair that the company takes responsability and give us something worth while. You have to understand that PWI really does have a loyal fan base that will stick around, but when things like this slap us in the face. You know I mean even the most loyal is going to start to think different.

I see no logic in giving us free stuff but doing a 90% discount would be huge.

thats just my 2 cents.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    karmelia wrote: »

R9+12 for alts.
    It's not so much about people levelling, but more about PWI not enforcing their rules. The problem at hand just happens to be about goonz.

You're not getting it. PWI has never enforced rules that don't directly affect their income. A very disgusting thing about this is the rampant hypocrisy by the playerbase. We accepted PWI's lax enforcement of rules when it came to multi-clienting, account sharing, boss glitching in most instances etc etc.

Now the forum community is ******** because of a similar PvE glitch. That's exactly what it was. You were not simply given 105, you had to go through millions of mobs to reach it. The exp gain itself was absolutely within the mechanics of the game, and so PWI simply did what PWI has always done - declare it bannable but don't actually enforce. You really didn't see that coming? This was the way the game has been for 3 bloody years. I don't understand how this escaped all of you until now.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    still leaves the question why certain lost city cash shopping insurrect sins were unbanned hours before Frankie's mea culpa and unbanning of everyone

Why the special treatment?

Friends reported this entire incident to the better business bureau for unethical practices. I wil too.
    Here we go again....
This discussion has been closed.