FC Glitch Update

Comments

• Tolliver - Dreamweaver
    Tolliver - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,
    [Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

karmelia wrote: »
    Don't make false promise you (the company) will never uphold anyway.

No one beleive your (the company's) lies anymore.

100% agree. One of the best ways to improve the community is to actually enforce your own rules. How exactly do you plan to improve the community with out doing this? Grow a pair and ban them. You will have a better class of players in game for it.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have major doubts that PWE will give any other response to this thread and/or topic. It's unfortunate, but they have proven for the final time that they all want us playing another MMORPG. So away we go.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Wait what? Am i wrong or i just read that they unbanned the glitcher cause they was sending to much tickets? just LAWLLLLL.

You wonder why people disrespect PWI staff and rules, you have your answer right here.

Im prolly sure in 99.9% of the tickets, people was theatren to stop C$ if not unbanned and PWI got scared loose money and unbanned.

The 7 days ban was already kinda a joke but this is totally laught in the face of people who followed the rules and didnt glitch.

PWI message: Glitcher and C$ > normal and honest people.

I dont blame the cashopper or glitcher for that decision its just PWI who are totally brainless and dont know theirs own rules. There was like 5 people 105 all serves before the glitch and now they are more than 100, yea so hard to track them.

Its like if you send a murderer in jail and put him back outside cause he QQ too much...
    Good job PWI, you just show to people they can abuse of a glitch and take advantage of other players without punishement. b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    hahahaha this company is digging it's grave faster and faster everyday.

I am going into secret passage and killing anything that moves.
    NGTUy53.png

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have major doubts that PWE will give any other response to this thread and/or topic. It's unfortunate, but they have proven for the final time that they all want us playing another MMORPG. So away we go.

Hey Tremble, Check out my Reply, toO The Newer player... Who's asking if PW's worth Playing????? on the second page of his thread, just after yours.....b:chuckle

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16695011#post16695011

I think it sums it up, just Fine!!!b:victoryb:laugh

What Do you Think?!?!?!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAaaaa......
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    foley3k wrote: »

I am going into secret passage and killing anything that moves.

A bit late. People have already started. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lol, banning the "worst offenders" for goon glitching 4month after the fact and for only 7 days already made it a joke. and now the ban is retracted on bases that said your tracking method is inaccurate. why does it take multiple tickets for it to be bought up that the tracking method is inaccurate, apparently somehow the player base has a better tracking tool then you guys with the admin access and tools. if ur going to ban for 7 days, ban for 7days, hell on ur ToS it even said u can ban for whatever reason you feel like. unbanning them and taking back the punishment just made this 7 day ban even more a joke then it already is.

<---fanning the flames, this thread is entertainment, keep it going.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • frost168
    frost168 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey guys,

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Thanks for helping make up my mind about May 15th.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but sure am now.
  • Mickeylee - Harshlands
    Mickeylee - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That totally sucks, even temporarily banning peeps because of exploiting glitches in the game..It is not like they **** your servers or something...
    It is the GM's job to solve these issues and not allow them to continue for months on end.
    How is that any different that peeps like me who purchase from the PWB and level faster - oh that's right we are spending money, well guess what not everybody who plays this game has money to spend.
    b:shutup
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2012

[Update 4-18-2012]

I don't come on this forum anymore, but when a faction member reposted this, I just came on to say LMFAO! Stay "classy" PWE, I won't be missing you.

-Okeano
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Tolliver - Dreamweaver
    Tolliver - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A bit late. People have already started. b:chuckle

If it's getting full in sp the fun hasn't started in the entry to the cube yet.
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Shaking my head at the politics suddenly coming into play, since when is the so called excuse of " Our tracking software is limited and can't properly track said instances offset the previous statement of. We can track any user or abuser on our servers no problem? So I ask to start with which statement was the truth and which one was the lie? Or as many of us can plainly see and already know both are lies as the real reason no one is punished is the amount of money the abusers have put into the game exceed those of most of those who themselves were abused.

What next are you going to increase the tax rate on our real life properties as well?

This is reminding me more and more of the current politics going on in our country, so does all of the the PWI heirarchy belong to the Democrats, the Republicans, or is it the Tea party and whose special interest group can we subscribe to so we too can get the special get out of jail free card no matter what wrong we do? Please many of us want to know.

If things are not corrected properly *Note* not politically then I for one will post facts around the WWW I am so tired of this BS....

SirEros b:beatup
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    protogoos wrote: »
    Shaking my head at the politics suddenly coming into play, since when is the so called excuse of " Our tracking software is limited and can't properly track said instances offset the previous statement of. We can track any user or abuser on our servers no problem? So I ask to start with which statement was the truth and which one was the lie? Or as many of us can plainly see and already know both are lies as the real reason no one is punished is the amount of money the abusers have put into the game exceed those of most of those who themselves were abused.

What next are you going to increase the tax rate on our real life properties as well?

This is reminding me more and more of the current politics going on in our country, so does all of the the PWI heirarchy belong to the Democrats, the Republicans, or is it the Tea party and whose special interest group can we subscribe to so we too can get the special get out of jail free card no matter what wrong we do? Please many of us want to know.

If things are not corrected properly *Note* not politically then I for one will post facts around the WWW I am so tired of this BS....

SirEros b:beatup

ROFLMAO!!!!! b:laughb:pleasedb:laugh

Seems, Even my Brothers, Gotten Annoyed Enough! About this (Too Come Back Out!) On This 1!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLZZZZZZzzzzzzb:laugh
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If it's getting full in sp the fun hasn't started in the entry to the cube yet.

Yeah, all this is saying is "please feel free to break our ToS and take full advantage of any glitches that come up. We won't ban you because we can't 'track' you for proof, even with screenshots."

+1 to ini editing, SP and cube player killing, stealing, bots, and much much more. b:surrender
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah here is an idea b:chuckle sell those big spenders who are being protected by PWI their own server then they can **** each other over and leave us alone to play a proper game b:chuckle

I mean that way you keep them happy take their money and satisfy those who have been here to play what we used to think of as a good game.

Like the old proverb says : " Let them **** in their own sand box".

SirEros
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    If anyone knows a new F2P mmorpg that is coming out similar to the play style and graphics of pwi or better, please let me know in a PM or something. I will be joining you. Lol. Their customer service and ToS enforcement has to be better than here.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If anyone knows a new F2P mmorpg that is coming out similar to the play style and graphics of pwi or better, please let me know in a PM or something. I will be joining you. Lol. Their customer service and ToS enforcement has to be better than here.

PWI's graphics and gameplay are outdated. Drop $60 on Sraw Dliug 2 in a few months and you will probably be more than pleased with your investment. It's beautiful and the company that made it actually takes their ToS seriously. It's also subscription free. ;)
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:pleased *Grabs a bucket of popcorn* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Athrel - Raging Tide
    Athrel - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012

[Update 4-18-2012]

This is just sad........
    I hate to say this, but you guys need to brainstorm more when dealing with a situation like this........
    I hope you realize this just makes the company look worse in the eyes of your players that actually follow the ToS when you yourselves are not being more firm in seeing to it that your rules stay enforced and issuing punishment.

It's called updating, don't have the best software? Get it. Makes your work a hell of a lot easier.
    I know you have to get an "ok" from China but seriously, when you have an emergency situation as serious as a big time exp glitch exploit something has to be done asap. 4 months is not asap.

I don't know what it states in the contract you have with China, but you guys need to go over it and negotiate changes in case something like this happens again. While you're at it, try getting them to actually fix the 4+ years worth of bugs we have.

.......Sorry frankie.........but I'll believe that when I see it........
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    PWI's graphics and gameplay are outdated. Drop $60 on Sraw Dliug 2 in a few months and you will probably be more than pleased with your investment. It's beautiful and the company that made it actually takes their ToS seriously. It's also subscription free. ;)

I'll take a peek at it. I say PWI or better cause I hate 2Ds....
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'll take a peek at it. I say PWI or better cause I hate 2Ds....

It's 3D and much better. PWI doesn't want us to say the name of it for a reason! b:chuckle
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    It's 3D and much better. PWI doesn't want us to say the name of it for a reason! b:chuckle

Lol. Another friend of mine had mentioned it before, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to fork out the money for it. Considering it now though.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yo frankie hope you guys enjoy the anarchy you have created with this.
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Lol. Another friend of mine had mentioned it before, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to fork out the money for it. Considering it now though.

Can you pm me the name of this game?

Please and thank you
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Can you pm me the name of this game?

Please and thank you
    b:thanks

I did, but you just had to read the post backwards. =P
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    [Update 4-18-2012]

I think I'll be extending my break off the game.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • seitori
    edited April 2012

Yeah, I agree.... I just found some combat (Vid/Footage) on it, and it looks a H*ll'of'Alot! Better then PW's Graphics......b:victory

Maybe I'll Get it instead of hanging here, waiting for more Neglectful Abuse.......b:chuckle
  • Dannue - Lost City
    Dannue - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    All this is so ridiculous..
    I'm a 102 cleric. It has taken me around 4 months of dailies to get to 45%. At this pace i will be 105 in like how long? 4 years, 5?

I should have glitched.. i really should b:shutup

But then again, what for!?

A mod said something about trust. Trust PWE, rlly!?? You must be kidding me b:shocked
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    LOL this is getting out of hand... u all actualy live in this game. u cannot take something like that so seriously. ye its a game but u need to be abit more mature. glitch hapened.. big deal. some ppl got lvl 105.. BIG DEAL. why are u here? to have fun or to judge the other players? or to judge the developers? game got glitches and bugs? ofc! every software has it! ITS JUST A GAME PPL! GET A LIFE! LVL 105 IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF THIS GAME OR THE REAL WORLD! THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO HAVE FUN IN GAME. IF U CANNOT HAVE FUN ANYMORE JUST GO TO THAT OTHER GAME! JEEZ... ANY MOD CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    LOL this is getting out of hand... u all actualy live in this game. u cannot take something like that so seriously. ye its a game but u need to be abit more mature. glitch hapened.. big deal. some ppl got lvl 105.. BIG DEAL. why are u here? to have fun or to judge the other players? or to judge the developers? game got glitches and bugs? ofc! every software has it! ITS JUST A GAME PPL! GET A LIFE! LVL 105 IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF THIS GAME OR THE REAL WORLD! THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO HAVE FUN IN GAME. IF U CANNOT HAVE FUN ANYMORE JUST GO TO THAT OTHER GAME! JEEZ... ANY MOD CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!

.........Um.....you do realize this thread is made by a GM right?.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
This discussion has been closed.