FC Glitch Update

Comments

• Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    aperintly i need to make a new post because again it was moved when my demand has nothing to do with theese other folks here as nice as they may be so again i request stop moveing my post it had its own valid thread for its own reasons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    aperintly i need to make a new post because again it was moved when my demand has nothing to do with theese other folks here as nice as they may be so again i request stop moveing my post it had its own valid thread for its own reasons
    You're really asking for a forum ban if you keep re-making the same thread after it was merged twice already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver
    Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

are you kidding me i have been playing this game for a long time and slowly lvling up (even though im lvl 78) and these people cheated to get to lvl 105 in no time flat and what do you do you ban a couple people for a couple days then you just unban them what is this ****
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You're really asking for a forum ban if you keep re-making the same thread after it was merged twice already.

The question is..............who or what is merging them! D:

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Emancipator - Lost City
    Emancipator - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We need to talk with someone above gm's head...
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:chuckle u people keep expecting pwi to actually do work that doesnt make more people charge zen.

pwi and work are antonyms
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
    edited April 2012
    b:chuckle u people keep expecting pwi to actually do work that doesnt make more people charge zen.

pwi and work are antonyms

this is the first time they have made me actually pissed off at them not disappointed
  • eviltwin48415
    eviltwin48415 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It has alreeady been established that no one employed by PWE gives a damn. Going over the CMs head will not accomplish anything. Going over the many GMs heads will not accomplish anything. Heck, I even complained to PW Beijing and all I got was a butt load of smoke blown up there and thanks for playing.

No one cares about the player base. If they did, things would never have gotten this out of hand... period! (unless they think there is more money to get out of someone)

I used to cash shop quite a bit. I would sink in tons of money each month, figuring it was my monthy entertainment. During this time, if anything went wrong, the GMs would make sure I got a reply and compensation PDQ.

I stopped buying zen after the last round of fail choices by PWE.

From that moment... I've been "vacationed" twice, no replies to support tickets, and a general failure of the "customer support" staff they claim to have in Redwood City.

If you want a game that you can kill time with... and have little to no expectations on customer service, then PWE is your choice. However, if you want a gaming experiece that will treat you as a valued member of the playerbase and knows basic MMORPG values... look elsewhere. (remember the first rule of running a MMORPG? You shall not put anything in a cash shop that gives an unfair advantage to a player? Fashion, yes... mounts, yes... even heiros... but R9? +11/+12? seriously?)

TBH, the servers over at Hello Kitty are run better than here.
  • eviltwin48415
    edited April 2012
    This is just a sample of what our offical CM told us about this glitch. I hope you enjoy this as much as I've enjoyed scanning the threads for you.

Frankie's typing in red, just so you know.

09-13-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daedallus - Sanctuary

Ok, considering you're right ( not saying you're not ) why aren't goonies just plain banned?

Goonies aren't out of the woods yet..

09-13-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Psytrac - Dreamweaver

so effectively the best mob is nurffed because of a glitch you guys have failed to fix? Why don't you just forget about, if the dragoons are no longer worth doing then they glitch doesn't "help" anyone anymore, be what exactly is going to be done about the 200+ 105s we have now? Or are we all SOL? I'm sure they're not going to be punished in a manner sufficient of the exploiting they did.

In regards to the mobs, this was the solution the developers decided on. As for the exploiters, we're working on it.

09-13-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradox990

To be honest, I don't think people who actually used this glitch to level up should be banned, because it's not their fault, if the instance has some bug, and I'd say as long as it's not fixed, it's only fair to use.
    As for the ones who got money from that, i mean, the ones selling it, those, in my opinion, should be punished.

Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:

(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players

It takes a very specific method to get this particular glitch to work, so the players who engaged in it knew exactly what they were doing.

09-13-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zylor - Harshlands

Your right, and I guess that does make sense, but in your opinion, should the ones who got money from it, be punished?
    It's selling a "glitch".

If they took part in glitching the mob, then they violated the ToS and should face consequences for doing so.

09-13-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitachi - Dreamweaver

How do you plan on finding the people who exploited it?

LOL BB, and oh my BB you've become a forum troll, look at that post count

Swiftly, and in the dark of night.

09-13-2011, 03:31 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blancheneige - Heavens Tear

I guess this bug affected every servers, not just the US ones, right?

On a game like WoW or Guild Wars, such a bug would be fixed in a matter of hours, or maybe days, and something would be put in place to prevent players from abusing it, and punishing those who abused it knowingly.

Can you explain us why :

1 - This bug has been going on for months now without a fix?

2 - Nothing was put in place to prevent players from abusing it while you were waiting for a fix?

3 - The bug abusers were never punished for knowingly using a bug?

Shall I remind you about the ToS you guys appears to be so worried about?

1. We reported it and asked for a fix as soon as it was known to us. It took time to get it modified, and though it all does seem very simple to fix, it actually is not.

2. The only option we had for this would have been to shut down the entire fc instance, which we were not willing to do, because it would have meant removing one of the most popular instances for an extended length of time.

3. For the most part they have not yet been punished, but we're working on that now.

11-18-2011, 10:33 AM

1. Action has been taken on some, and will be taken on more shortly. The fact that the glitch existed and that we were not able to close it up for so long was our own fault, so it doesn't feel right to severely penalize everyone who exploited it. That said, the worst offenders' accounts have been found and will soon be seen to.

2. We're saving it for a special occasion. You'll see it soon.

3. I'm sorry, but I can't divulge any more about this issue for security reasons.

4. The GM's are perpetually busy working to resolve customer issues, but I can see about there being more random red text for your enjoyment.

5. Those messages were actually built into the game, and they must have gotten removed during some major patch. I know that there was no reason for us to want to remove them. I'll look into it and see if we can bring them back.

01-04-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary

I SERIOUSLY doubt that half of a certain territory-holding faction on LC is ever going to get banned for glitching fc.
    Frankie should just say "Were not going to ban anyone who glitched FC to 105 if they have spent over $500." Seriously HUGE, and I mean HUGE Cash shoppers seem to have immunity to bans... There's a Certain huge CSing wiz that has been known to drop +10 gear that obviously glitched to 105. Will he ever be banned? NO. Why? Because he splurges real life $$$ on this game. Really getting sick of people getting ban immunity because they CS.

The worst offenders will be banned in the near future. The list is made up of cash shoppers and non-cash shoppers. We won't be able to disclose the names of those banned, but we will let you know when it happens.

03-21-2012, 09:28 AM

We'll have an update on this issue soon; don't worry, it hasn't been forgotten.

04-16-2012

Hey all,

As you many of you know, there was a major glitch last year that allowed players to level up much more quickly than was normally possible. It involved performing certain abilities on one of the Frostcovered City bosses, which caused it to spawn hundreds of minibosses instead of just two, which was the normal amount spawned.

Although it was immediately deemed a bannable offense, as it violated term 11(k) of our Terms of Service, many players continued to exploit this glitch throughout the four months that it existed on our servers.

Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.

We apologize for the glitch lasting as long as it did, and for the amount of time it took to take action against those who took advantage of it. The state of PWI is very important to us, and we thank you for your patience and support as we do what we can to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.

-The PWI Team

[Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is just a sample of what our offical CM told us about this glitch. I hope you enjoy this as much as I've enjoyed scanning the

Can you send me this thread link? I find it interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • eviltwin48415
    edited April 2012
    Can you send me this thread link? I find it interesting...

I did a forum search back 500 posts from frankieraye. there are multiple threads to read.
    edited April 2012
    Nevermind, found it:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    *Shortened for space*[/COLOR]

Its so funny that they made it sound like they were working very hard on finding a fix.

but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

QFL (quoted for lulz)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited April 2012
    is there even american devs or are they all from pw Beijing like im thinking
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    why was purp *** and the rest of the crew unbanned hours earlier then the rest prior to frankies message

i want an answer.

hellooo
    Here we go again....
    edited April 2012
    hellooo

are you aware you're missing an L in your name!:O

lol, in any case, I highly doubt frankie is gonna show up on this thread again. not for quite a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    lol, in any case, I highly doubt frankie is gonna show up on this thread again. not for quite a while.

Eh, there's really not much point in Frankie posting in this thread anymore. He can only tell us what his superiors allow him to say, and I'm pretty sure he's already given us their message.

Now if he could be so kind as to relay the double middle finger I've got pointed their way, that'd be great. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Now if he could be so kind as to relay the double middle finger I've got pointed their way, that'd be great. b:cute

b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    Eh, there's really not much point in Frankie posting in this thread anymore. He can only tell us what his superiors allow him to say, and I'm pretty sure he's already given us their message.

-removed-
    to the gm that removed this it was a joke b:surrender
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    -removed-

This isn't worth killing over. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    This isn't worth killing over. b:shocked

yes this isnt but we need new gms
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    is there even american devs or are they all from pw Beijing like im thinking

All the coding pertaining to the game is done in China.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • eviltwin48415
    edited April 2012
    I guess, in all fairness to PWE employees... the TOS is something they may/or may not enforce at their leisure. These TOSs may/ or may not change according to whatever ticket comes into a GM at that moment. The TOS for this game is fluid.

Will someone at PWE please take a moment and let us know what TOS items are in effect at this moment... and which ones are not? Thank you.

In other news...
    I love my battle pet Jewelscalen. He does such wonderful things for me. I like to take him for long walks around the neighborhoods.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The question is..............who or what is merging them! D:

b:avoid

Shelly's, Been Merging them, lol....b:flower

Now as to why, only she can answer that 1... But I ain't gonna ask her about it, because I know she's just doing her job, in the best way that she see's fit, too do so...........b:thanks

It Didn't bug me 1 bit.. When she merged a couple of my post's; back on (page 24) of this thread.......

If anything, I give her {Serious KUDOs (^2 Thumbs UP^)} for doing it in a far better way, then I could've thought of doing it, myself.....b:chuckle
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Right now I am most concerned with the message this decision is sending to the children and impressionable teenagers that play this game.
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Your company provides a SERVICE. That service is this game and its management. When you fail to make a MAJORITY of your members happy, you fail to provide that service.

You have failed to provide service to your members, in my opinion, since a short while before the Raging Tide Expansion.
    I don't know, or care, what happened...but if you want this game to continue (which, by the way, is your flagship game, and nobody can deny it--) you should start caring yourselves.

PWE looses more money from people telling their friends to NOT play this game, than they would if they simply fixed major issues in the game and DELIEVERED what they told us they would. (AHEM, PvP Arena, Guild Base Wars, etc.)

Fixing three issues would stop this game from its current nosedive:
    FC (Cap it at 75.)
    Rank Gear (It needs a nurf.)
    APS (Needs a BETTER nurf.)

That's it! That is literally all you would need to tweak. I will start from the top, and explain to you.

Frostcovered City Caps:
    A mass majority of players have now powerleveled their alt characters with this instance, using Hyper Stones, and a high leveled main character. (Usually a Blademaster or an Assassin with Bloodpaint on.)

Because of this, there are almost no new players showing up to this game. Why? There is nobody else to quest with. There is nobody to help them with their Cultivation quests.

This is an MMORPG. We're supposed to play together. We LIKE to play together. We ENJOY a challenge of working together with other classes, and understanding how they work to further benefit our progress.

Your game is no longer a challenge. Your game no longer requires you to know anybody except a level 100 Assassin, and a few million coins to hit 100. This is unacceptable.

In the QUEST LINE, you get the quest to enter and discover the mysteries of Frostcovered City at level 75. You are also unable to squad to open the door if you have someone in your party below this level.

However, people get by this, by having another high level character help them open the door, and then inviting low leveled alt characters into the instance, where they then solo the entire dungeon for them.

We know you know about this. What we wonder is why nothing has been done about it.

Rank 9
    Having played this game since 2008, the best gear in the game has always been Warsoul. Anybody who ever obtained this gear was, in a large majority of peoples' opinions, either had no life, or was simply amazing...usually the latter.

When the Nirvana expansion came, nobody could complain too much about it. One could easily compete against Nirvana in TT99 gear, and so the need to convert and spend a great deal of time in the instance was none too great.

Even Rank 8 can be handled easily in Twilight Temple gear, if a person knows how to play their class properly. The statistics on this gear were not so horrible that it changed the entire way the game was played, and it gave the company some extra bucks for those who wanted an extra edge.

But then came Rank 9.

There is absolutely no other word to describe the gap between Rank 8 and Rank 9 except "insane". Speaking from a Psychic's point of view, the amount of soulforce that the set grants you is so stupidly powerful, that you have Psychics suiciding on OTHER Psychics.

While there are some advantages to the retardedly powerful gear--(the foremost being that Barbarians can now tank against APS classes, which is what the class was intended for in the first place,) the contrasts far outweigh what the players (your customers) gain from it.

A large chunk of your players wonder if you even care about what the customer gains anymore. With this gear, I begin to wonder this myself.
    Again, we know you're more than aware you know about this. And again, the question is...why?

Some people might even point out it's merely for the money--you're sucking out every penny before this game crashes into the ground.

But would it not be more profitable for you to keep this game going longer, collecting more and more new players with current member advertising that this game is one of the best they've played, rather than rip it apart by the seams with armor like this and constant sales?
    One would think so, doing the math right.

Attacks per second (APS)
    Since the earliest people came to this game, people have strived to make the best and most effective builds they can. However, there is one in particular that has completely changed the nature of the game--the APS build.

Attacking up to 5 times in a single second, a character with a high critical rating can easily take out the worst bosses in only a matter of seconds: some less than a minute. This allows Assassins, Blademasters, Barbarians, and even Archers, to have an EXTREME advantage over Wizards, Clerics, and Psychics in terms of PvE play, and in general, APS characters dominate PvP in many cases.

This is unacceptable.

When you attempted to fix this issue, your playerbase laughed at you--even people who were supposedly nurfed laughed at you. The 20% decrease of accuracy did not improve the situation at all. It was as if you didn't adjust it at all.
    We did appreciate the measure greatly, but it wasn't enough, in the majority of player's minds.

Therefore, we (your players) would enjoy it if you went back to repair this hiccup, and possibly make this nurf more effective. Since it is no longer possible for normal players (I say normal in the context of 'not major cashshoppers, with average gear') to do Twilight Temple squads, and Caster Nirvana has been reduced seriously, there is no way for other Non-APS characters to compete. This is a major error in this version (and other versions) of this game.

If done in the proper degree, nurfing APS would restore the need for squads, making players play with one another, and instilling a sense of cooperation. It would also bring back the Barbarian population, who were the designated tanking class since the beginning of the game.

Note how I said "in the proper degree." I will say again that the first attempt was a bit of a joke.

======================================

By repairing these three issues, I believe players would be further encouraged to play this game, and invite others to play as well. This would not only increase your income, but the allure of the game as well, giving it more popularity. A large, happy playerbase is a large, happy wallet.

Companies such as Apple don't run their flagships into the ground, such as the IPod, or the Mac; so why are you running Perfect World into the dirt with errors such as this? Continuing this game further would only further your profits, and word would spread of how this game has returned back to its former glory. Or, would you rather be known as a complete flop of a company, who couldn't keep their best game afloat?

I suppose that's your choice, but your players are asking you nicely...and we are running out of patience.
    I agree on 100%. BUT is already too late to make fixes. Many players just waiting for new game. Even if PWI fixed all you wrote, is too late already. It should be fixed with tideborn expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    *Click below to see the PWI ToS enforcement squad*

http://scaryjane.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/skeletoncomputertoppers.jpg

b:victory

PS: Note how long they have maintained their vigil and perfect positioning.
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    LOL @ People QQing about APS barbs and archers, they are only good for one thing, dieing like idiots... The only reason why 5 APS toons or toons that can spark really frequently with the physical attack bonus from spark (oooooh venoes too!) have an extreme advantage is because of the chi gain from normal attack and unlimited or huge amount of chain sparking WHILE having +10/+12 gear to make the builds effective as it says. Have you ever seen an APS char just auto attack ALONE? I dare any APS toon, assassin or not, to try just APSing (and I mean only normal attacks) show a video and then say how APS chars really act. Spark is a beyond broken skill that should have never existed in this game, even casters spam this thing.

For the rest... removing rank gear is a lot better than nerfing it. While FC was fine as a farming instance... This is too late, the game is already screwed and people's mind sets are polluted. That is way too late since the genies came out.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    protogoos wrote: »
    *Click below to see the PWI ToS enforcement squad*

http://scaryjane.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/skeletoncomputertoppers.jpg

b:victory

PS: Note how long they have maintained their vigil and perfect positioning.

So Thats what happened to the 'three Wise MONKEYs' when (PWE) Hired them "tO,o work for PWi" right out from underneath the{Toshogu Jinja Shrine} In ~ Nikko, Japan.....

Man! Couldn't you guys even have bothered too Feed them in Peanuts, for (Their salary's) YoUu ChEaP ***'* MoThErZz.....b:sad__QUICK, Someone Call The ASPCA!!!!b:surrender
    b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    LOL @ People QQing about APS barbs and archers, they are only good for one thing, dieing like idiots... The only reason why 5 APS toons or toons that can spark really frequently with the physical attack bonus from spark (oooooh venoes too!) have an extreme advantage is because of the chi gain from normal attack and unlimited or huge amount of chain sparking WHILE having +10/+12 gear to make the builds effective as it says. Have you ever seen an APS char just auto attack ALONE? I dare any APS toon, assassin or not, to try just APSing (and I mean only normal attacks) show a video and then say how APS chars really act. Spark is a beyond broken skill that should have never existed in this game, even casters spam this thing.

For the rest... removing rank gear is a lot better than nerfing it. While FC was fine as a farming instance... This is too late, the game is already screwed and people's mind sets are polluted. That is way too late since the genies came out.

Um... are you seriously trying to suggest that the spark skill itself is at fault for the APS issue?

....god help us......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.