FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• eviltwin48415
    eviltwin48415 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

Upon receiving tickets from many of the cash shoppers and investigating further, our GM's have realized that we cannot afford to lose our most loyal cash shoppers. Whether these cash shoppers and friends of ours truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to throw our hands in the air, like we don't care and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been non-exsistant from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to raise the craptastic load of money from this glitch like we did, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry you've been punked! lol no but seriously..., but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community (read forum), engineering (naw, that's China's baby), and customer service (I can't even hold in my laughter on that one ROFL) to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.... soon.

There, fixed it for ya. Yer welcome!
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There, fixed it for ya. Yer welcome!

You nailed it cause honestly the original was bs from the start. We all know they don't even read the tickets any more.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'd venture to say that we are all at this point now. Thread is now completely moot, but with a mass-drama from PWE to the players.

Not just the Thread, but the Entire Game, aswell....b:surrender

No Fair Punishments...

No fair Play....

No fair excuses.....

He practically just made us GIVE UP.

On the last 'little bit' of TRUST,

we had for this Game

TODAY...........

This game is FAR BEYOND BROKE! at this point, its PoInTlEsS!!........b:tired

• Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Too little, too late.

LOL! Who am I kidding? I was planning to buy Olbaid 3 and Sraw Dliug 2 long before the glitching got out of hand. This game has been showing it's age for a while now and the incompetent people that run it aren't doing it any favors. The damage has been done. No amount of apologies or promises will make me want to stay. Right now I'm only logging in to be with my friends. I seriously doubt I'll even look back after the 15th.

TL;DR version: Not a **** was given.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think it's hilarious and surprising how you all supposedly clung to your little hopes and dreams thinking PWE gave a damn. The truth is PWE never cared unless something directly affected income in a negative way. This was blatantly obvious years ago, I don't understand why people are thinking this, THIS is the thing that gives them some sort of epiphany that PWE is both incompetent and indifferent.

Seriously have you all been hibernating? For a chat client with moving avatars this is a great game.

Also about the last part with improving "community, engineering, and customer service"

I don't know how you're going to get a semi-decent community while hyper FCC festers IJS.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    b:shocked

Checkmate

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't know how you're going to get a semi-decent community while hyper FCC festers IJS.

Hyper FCC isn't even really worthwhile after a certain point. I haven't set foot in FCC on my main since she was 101.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

[Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

This made me LOL really hard. To everyone who did not glitch, you just got donkey punched!
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    [Update 4-18-2012]compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss

My cousin is a loser computer geek living in his moms house and he could have had this issue fixed in the following weeks maintenance after discovering the issue. Why did it take a big company with "professionals" so long?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    [Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

Yeah because the i'm sure hundreds of players whom you had tickets proving they glitched, isn't any kind of proof. Oh yeah, even the people who sold this glitch to others, after having several 105 chars themselves. Totally not worth banning. Even for a little while. Frankie, go talk to the people in jail. Seriously, go talk to all of them. 99% of them are innocent. Now either the entire world fails at policing and 99% of all people convicted in any court in the entire world is innocent, or every idiot screams and claims they are innocent when being halued off to jail.

Of course everyone you banned is going to claim that they got 105 legitimately, but you know what? It's probably bs and you should have at least banned the people the players handed you on a silver platter. It's not that hard to figure out that the person who jumped from 102-105 in a manner of two weeks during the goon glitch craze is lying about having not done the glitch.

The very least you could do at this point is mail players who did not do the goon glitch a ton of orders of blessing. In like stacks of 999. Why? You can give players who didn't exploit the glitch a chance at two free levels when they hit 103 legitimately. Alternatively, you could put the exp back on the goons and then ask China to actually fix the glitch. Anyone who does the glitch while the goon exp is so high should just be lucky.

The next time something like this happens, assign GMs to monitor. A few permabans when it first started would have deterred the vast majority of glitchers, who did not glitch until late in the game when it became obvious the GMs weren't doing anything about it. You would have thus had a much smaller, manageable, and track able size portion of the population to monitor. Your decision to continuously tell people you would ban them in the forums, punishing the players who chose to listen to the company and stay informed, while saying nothing in game. While doing nothing in game is the large majority of the problem with the management of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • wooord
    wooord Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think it's hilarious and surprising how you all supposedly clung to your little hopes and dreams thinking PWE gave a damn. The truth is PWE never cared unless something directly affected income in a negative way. This was blatantly obvious years ago, I don't understand why people are thinking this, THIS is the thing that gives them some sort of epiphany that PWE is both incompetent and indifferent.

Seriously have you all been hibernating? For a chat client with moving avatars this is a great game.

Also about the last part with improving "community, engineering, and customer service"

well, those people that understood it before are long gone, the ones that stayed are the ones that abuse every glitch possible to their advantige knowing they wont be touched. The ones curently fighting for their right to fair competition are learning it too, some gonna straight leave, others abuse anything they can to feel better.
  • eviltwin48415
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For those of you who are now studying for your SATs, here is a new question for you...

If +11/+12 Orbs in CS = Unemployed PWE staffer, then Goonz Punishment Debacle = ?

A. PWI player revolt

B. No reply from our Chinese Masters

C. Lame attempt to silence the masses with 2x for a month

D. All the above

If you answered D, you are correct.
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah because the i'm sure hundreds of players whom you had tickets proving they glitched, isn't any kind of proof. Oh yeah, even the people who sold this glitch to others, after having several 105 chars themselves. Totally not worth banning. Even for a little while. Frankie, go talk to the people in jail. Seriously, go talk to all of them. 99% of them are innocent. Now either the entire world fails at policing and 99% of all people convicted in any court in the entire world is innocent, or every idiot screams and claims they are innocent when being halued off to jail.

Of course everyone you banned is going to claim that they got 105 legitimately, but you know what? It's probably bs and you should have at least banned the people the players handed you on a silver platter. It's not that hard to figure out that the person who jumped from 102-105 in a manner of two weeks during the goon glitch craze is lying about having not done the glitch.

The very least you could do at this point is mail players who did not do the goon glitch a ton of orders of blessing. In like stacks of 999. Why? You can give players who didn't exploit the glitch a chance at two free levels when they hit 103 legitimately. Alternatively, you could put the exp back on the goons and then ask China to actually fix the glitch. Anyone who does the glitch while the goon exp is so high should just be lucky.

The next time something like this happens, assign GMs to monitor. A few permabans when it first started would have deterred the vast majority of glitchers, who did not glitch until late in the game when it became obvious the GMs weren't doing anything about it. You would have thus had a much smaller, manageable, and track able size portion of the population to monitor. Your decision to continuously tell people you would ban them in the forums, punishing the players who chose to listen to the company and stay informed, while saying nothing in game. While doing nothing in game is the large majority of the problem with the management of the game.

I'll Have a {+1,000!!!!} on that one there, frankie.....b:bye

b:scorn__For Each of my characters! which I actually Bothered!! Too level Normally!!! While still Cash SHOPPING!! (and still, Upholding the {ToS} Agreements).......b:cool

By actually, Bothering TOo QuEsTiNg THEM; unlike your Lil Bunch of GeTaWaY SCOTT FREE's, ya have there.......frankie ~_~' !! b:surrender
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm sorry you have become the wall to throw the stones at but seriously frankie? Inacurate tracking methods?

How hard would it have been that from day 1 that you learned of the exploit make a digital file of -all- 90+ folks and within a week compare them with the new numbers.
    anyone hitting 100+ within a week, glitched. rinse, repeat.
    how bloody hard could that have been? obviously on people calling "i've been scammed" you can easily track whether or not the trade has been "completed" and thus should of payed attention better, yet something like this complete baffles your staff? Puh-lease...

For months people have been complaining about the ticketing system, poor feedback and updates on issues from PWI's side.
    An overall lack of "care" for it's costumers and that is -all- loose from your ties or responsabilities to china.

I remember you saying when Forsaken world came out "dont worry, PW will still be our flagship game."

Ya'll just made it sink.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

TL;DR version: "oh well."

Pathetic.... simply pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Originally Posted by frankieraye
    Hey guys, < anyone else reminded of the guy in the goonies, thats pretty much how the company is ran

Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else

whether they glitched more than anyone else is a moot point, they glitched so should be banned

the chimp couldnt count that high ?
    but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

blessing page fixed yet ?

i'm sorry but your whole GM team has let down it's community big time on this, none of you are up to the task of running a successful MMO
    i suggest here for a new career
  • eviltwin48415
    edited April 2012
    Options
    whether they glitched more than anyone else is a moot point, they glitched so should be banned

the chimp couldnt count that high ?

blessing page fixed yet ?

i'm sorry but your whole GM team has let down it's community big time on this, none of you are up to the task of running a successful MMO
    i suggest here for a new career

Why are you insulting McD's??? After all, McD has standards and their employees must have at least an IQ greater than a turnip.
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Why are you insulting McD's??? After all, McD has standards and their employees must have at least an IQ greater than a turnip.

And a Obligatory, Food Handlers Permit!! TOOooo!.....b:laughb:chuckleb:victory

b:laughb:pleased
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

Shouldn't ALL characters be unbanned then? OR are you saying people need to QQ on a ticket and spam world chat to get unbanned?
    b:bye
  • eviltwin48415
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Shouldn't ALL characters be unbanned then? OR are you saying people need to QQ on a ticket and spam world chat to get unbanned?

No **** Jesya... you know yer favorite EP would love to come back! b:chuckle
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    rofl this thread never should have even been created... all a big waste of time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No **** Jesya... you know yer favorite EP would love to come back! b:chuckle

I miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

so yeah....why aren't all chars unbanned?
    b:bye
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

do you're gm's have access to this?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    As someone who has only been fc less than 5times without ever knowing there was a glitch and has been in hospital when people were banned, I am truely hoping I wasnot. Would find it a terrible welcome home gift
  • SneakySin - Dreamweaver
    SneakySin - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey all,

[Update 4-18-2012]

LoL EpicSauce right there xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    HahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaha
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

[Update 4-18-2012]

disappointed is all i can say really b:surrender
    the temporary bans weren't good enough for these glitch abusers and yet you don't even follow through with those because the glitchers complained...

With this you confirmed something though, that its completely ok to abuse glitches b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Don't make false promise you (the company) will never uphold anyway.

No one beleive your (the company's) lies anymore.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Precept - Lost City
    Precept - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Not only does it say that glitch abusing is okay, it also says that they will renege on a punishment if you complain about it enough. Something that they prove time and time again when they lift a perma-ban because someone promises to charge, or has charged, etc.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

You know, I just want to say thank you for that. Not really what any of us would like to hear. But I have a lot more respect for you for coming out and just telling us how it is.

thanks again frankie.
This discussion has been closed.