FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ok.
    let me ask you this in counter question...
    how does a punishment for goon glitching and changing your head size or getting an EG eye on your head can be compare...? *sigh*

Also, a question to pwi community...
    if a player here does support this stupid punishment, would not you agree that the same player has glitched goons on his /her alt.....
    Quile or watever the rat ****...my reason for calling u a glitcher, is simply because you people are so afraid of getting ban and losing your e-life that you start posting from your noob toons to support this type of dis-apt punishment.
    ill rest all my arguements with you with only one sentence..go get a REAL b:byelife!..

I don't know what argument you're countering, because you would need to convince me that the goon glitch had a big impact in the game to begin with. Most people are more angry that PWE ignored their own ToS violation than anything else.

I don't think a 3 year old R9 archer is a noob toon, but maybe to you it is. In that case it is you who needs to get a life. Keep barking, it amuses me.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Who wants to come PK in SP with me b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Seriously though, why not go PK and harass people (especially blue names) in SP. We already know that TOS, "rules", ethics, or morals don't mean anything to PWE. Sure we may get banned, but only for a few days b:shutup b:surrender

Wait, I wouldn't even "call" that a "ban", I would "call" that a "vacation" or a "time-out" b:surrender
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Who wants to come PK in SP with me b:chuckle

We might as well---Hell, it's not like we're going to be BANNED for it! b:laugh
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thats right, the JFC glitch is not of today, its been going for god knows when, but not 4 months for sure, it took you 4 MONTHS to figure out how to stop it ? why on earth did u have it open then ? shud have shut it down ? wouldnt be the first time you all would do sucha thing ? i mean for your incompetence you go and ban ppl who laughed at you roflmao ? this is just heights of stupidity, you know who should be punished ? the people who didnt have the balls to shut down JFC cause of the glitch cause you were getting money from it, and those stupid nerds of developers you got who couldnt do a thing bout it either.. go sack them sue them..
  • Aviron - Harshlands
    Aviron - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i still want a new way to get to 105... xD give us something

Yeah seriously, give those that didn't cheat a realistic way of obtaining 105. My new archer stealth skill is worthless against 104 and 105 sins :( Why are we being punished for obeying the rules?
  • Aviron - Harshlands
    Aviron - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah seriously, give those that didn't cheat a realistic way of obtaining 105. My new archer stealth skill is worthless against 104 and 105 sins :(

Why are we being punished for obeying the rules?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    While I'm currently on a break from the game since the recent announcement, I've heard from friends on my server there has been an increase in violations - including PK in SP, with people publicly announcing "they don't care cuz they ain't gettin' punished".

How lovely.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Seriously, nobody would have given a damn if the goon glitch continued. "ToS violation" was PWI's initial reaction and announcement regarding any sort of glitch exploit, but the reality is that they do not ban for offenses that don't impact the game' balance of gold and coins. Consistency is important, so the game banning for this on a serious scale would have just baffled and outraged more players.

I remember when a lot of venos complained when they got banned for "glitching" bosses with air pets, for example. That was 3 yrs ago...and that was probably the last time PWI banned anyone on a noticeable scale for a PvE glitch. Now people get away with 3-3, 2nd boss in FCC, RB, etc. Players have long gotten used to the limitations of "ToS violation", long before this rabble clamored that "it doesn't matter anymore". No it does matter. Touch PWI's income, you'll get banned. It is with this understanding between players and PWI that the goon glitch continued and was allowed to continue. PWI didn't ban simply because it wasn't in their habit to ban for glitches like this. For those of you who didn't glitch because you took frankie's words seriously - did you really think PWI would ban for an exp glitch? Seriously? It's not like the exp is even free. Mobs spawn, you kill mobs. Durrrrr. I sure didn't think so, I didn't glitch because I simply didn't care to level to 105. I didn't push myself to lv above 101 when other players hyper frosted to 103, even 104, and I sure wasn't going to push myself to lv to 105.

Exp was already flowing like water - hypers were both placed in the token exchange and allowed in FCC. PWI wanted players to power level, so what was the problem? That is why they didn't do anything. If you missed this then you're either new or clueless. You people act like this is a new thing. Try to ask frankie if glitching 3-3 is bannable, he'll say it is, and people will keep glitching as if he didn't say it. Do you actually wait for an official statement that glitch is allowed? Are you that stupid? This is just like when cops tell you that you will get ticketed for speeding, but what he's really saying is you can't speed over a certain velocity above the speed limit.

Of course then some people decided to keep biting at it, making PWI do things they don't habitually do. Well that's what you get. Half-assed fix, half-assed bans, half-assed replies. Let it go lol nothing's changed. PWI has been this way for over 2 years, it's like it's new for you people or something. Revert the exp nerf and everything returns to normal.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • IGhost - Harshlands
    IGhost - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ***** sad stuff, good thing is i stopped puttin money into this **** since the first 105 came out and havent spend any since...
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    While I'm currently on a break from the game since the recent announcement, I've heard from friends on my server there has been an increase in violations - including PK in SP, with people publicly announcing "they don't care cuz they ain't gettin' punished".

How lovely.
    Of course. PWE broke rule #1:

ENFORCE YOUR OWN DANM RULES
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

How lovely.

Seriously not surprised. What PWE pulled here is such a disgrace to the user community. It's like letting people who commit felonies in real life off the hook with 1 week in prison. It's like committing murder and instead of being jailed for life (permanently banned), you're jailed for 1 week (1 week ban).

Now I know that's quite an extreme exaggeration, but the concept stays true. Until PWE puts their foot down and actually SHOW the community that they don't take bullsh*t from rule-breakers, people will continue to break rules.

What they showed with their actions regarding such a huge bug/glitch abuse shows rule-breakers that committing such "rule-breaking" actions is penalty-free.

Ban for a week? A month? A day? As long as it's not permanent, rule-breakers aren't going to give a damn. I hope you understand this PWE.

After all, threats are only talk without any action.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The last game breaking glitch (I think) was that Jolly Jones thing a couple of years ago? My memory is fuzzy. Where people made billions of coins. Didn't they do a rollback of a few days then?

Back when PWI cared b:shutup
    yes, they rolled back for JJ

No they didn't, they "banned the worse exploiters". Quoting Frankie on that one.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No they didn't, they "banned the worse exploiters". Quoting Frankie on that one.
    oh yes.. I forgot.. ya know.. anarchy must be the new business model of PWE. Do anything as long as you bring us money
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • idonthasaname
    idonthasaname Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You know people actually benefit from having their levels removed from rankings haha. This should be an optional thing for those who did not abuse the glitch as well. I would love to not be on rankings as well so when I go PK no one can see me stealthed because they won't know my current level. Especially when they increase the level cap. Imagine those lvl 110 Sins no one knows about just chillin outside westgate when everyone thinks the highest level sin is 107 or something....
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Seriously not surprised. What PWE pulled here is such a disgrace to the user community. It's like letting people who commit felonies in real life off the hook with 1 week in prison. It's like committing murder and instead of being jailed for life (permanently banned), you're jailed for 1 week (1 week ban).

Now I know that's quite an extreme exaggeration, but the concept stays true. Until PWE puts their foot down and actually SHOW the community that they don't take bullsh*t from rule-breakers, people will continue to break rules.

What they showed with their actions regarding such a huge bug/glitch abuse shows rule-breakers that committing such "rule-breaking" actions is penalty-free.

Ban for a week? A month? A day? As long as it's not permanent, rule-breakers aren't going to give a damn. I hope you understand this PWE.

After all, threats are only talk without any action.

That's beyond an exaggeration, it's not even comprehensible to compare taking a life to a glitch on a virtual game. Can we go with an example like enron where greedy people cheated the company out of money and ran? I think it's a bit more fitting.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I would really like an answer from a staff member why some people who received 1 week bans are already unbanned?

This is unacceptable and pure favoritism.

ie: -removed- on lost city server. received 1 week ban and is unbanned because she qq'd in wc and forums about it?

explanation please gms :)
    Here we go again....
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think most people don't give a **** about any of this, and all the people crying are the vocal minority.

Glitches they don't patch turn into 'features" Look at the APS game mechanics, they definitely should have patched that glitch.

Goodness i hope the evil SKai murderer gets banned for exploiting the 2nd fc boss, these glitchers need to be perma bannedb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I would really like an answer from a staff member why some people who received 1 week bans are already unbanned?

This is unacceptable and pure favoritism.

Unless you can prove this, I'll regard this as a rumor.

I wouldn't be surprised, but still, a rumor.
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    Options

explain how -removed- is now already unbanned after qqing all day and night about it
    Here we go again....
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    explain how -removed- is now already unbanned after qqing all day and night about it

a) I don't know who he is and as a mod, I can't check b) so you believe everything people tell you?

Also, I highly doubt you'll get an answer as
    18. No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think most people don't give a **** about any of this, and all the people crying are the vocal minority.

Glitches they don't patch turn into 'features" Look at the APS game mechanics, they definitely should have patched that glitch.

Goodness i hope the evil SKai murderer gets banned for exploiting the 2nd fc boss, these glitchers need to be perma bannedb:angry

D; I never said I was a murderer.

@Traz That was indeed past an exaggeration, but how else can one prove a point to PWE? I mean, if I was extremely rich I'd just fly over there and ask in person, but I'm not extremely rich. And I think bringing up this issue in person is more convincing than posting on the forums.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    Options
    and its not naming and shaming. i am giving an example.

a high level sin was banned. qq'd on forums, wc and probably had her large CSing guild spam tickets and is now unbanned. also, probably because her guild mate is known for being very good friends with frankie.... another reason why HE was never banned for any of his breakage of TOS.

I would like to know the reasoning behind this.

why is it there are select few people can get away with anything?

it is not a rumor. i saw it with my own eyes.

explain it or have someone who will.

do your job as a customer service rep aka PWI staff and get my question answered.
    Here we go again....
  • Emancipator - Lost City
    Emancipator - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    and its not naming and shaming. i am giving an example.

a high level sin was banned. qq'd on forums, wc and probably had her large CSing guild spam tickets and is now unbanned. also, probably because her guild mate is known for being very good friends with frankie.... another reason why HE was never banned for any of his breakage of TOS.

I would like to know the reasoning behind this.

why is it there are select few people can get away with anything?

paralleogram is right... "That" guy is unbanned... b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    She's forum mod...she moderates forums. Do you want her to tell you how life works too?
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    do your job as a customer service rep aka PWI staff and get my question answered.

Sir, you are terribly mistaking me for someone who is employed and paid by the company. I'm a volunteer forum mod, and as that you can't come in demands at me. I can only remind you that the company will not directly respond to any inquiries regarding user bans.
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    Options
    more proof:

anyone who was banned was removed from the ranking page.
    this 105 sin is no longer on the rankings for levels..... yet i am looking at her in game.

explain.

cant wait to see this person's name now back on the rankings real fast.... like nothing ever happened
    Here we go again....
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    As Shelly stated disciplinary action administered to specific players is not an allowed topic of discussion on this forum, as it's a privacy issue.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Sir, you are terribly mistaking me for someone who is employed and paid by the company. I'm a volunteer forum mod, and as that you can't come in demands at me. I can only remind you that the company will not directly respond to any inquiries regarding user bans.

That's because they don't ban b:chuckleb:surrenderb:shutup
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I will happily menti0n s0me 0f the players wh0 were banned 0n my server were able t0 bribe their way 0ut 0f the ban.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
This discussion has been closed.