[Attention] LF > Goon Glitch update from PWE Staff

Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So, for some odd reason after 26 days of not getting a response from PWE staff this thread was locked for people talking about the topic at hand. I could quote people talking about no CM response @ the end of the thread, but I'll save myself some spare time.

For about a month straight I've been looking for an update from Perfect World Entertainment staff on when/why/how people will be banned that abused the goon glitch. So, let's start another thread.

I want to note that this is a legitimate thread. I'm not abusing any rules set here on the PWI forums. All I'm doing is looking for a response to what was stated months ago. I see no reason to avoid this thread, and I see no reason to lock/close it. A mod claimed to have already PM'd the CM 26 days ago of posting this thread, and yet still no response.

To PWE Staff: Avoid this thread all you want. I'm looking for an update to the update. It's not the end of the world. It's very realistic to want an update to this matter, after what was originally posted.

So, lets start back where we left off. This time I'll change it up a bit.

Day 27 of looking for a response from PWE Staff.
Post edited by Tremblewith - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't get what you want. Frankie stated a while ago that they will ban people who abused it a lot.
    So what do you want? Knowing who got banned for how long? C'mon you know they never gave out this kind of information. And they won't do it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    I don't get what you want. Frankie stated a while ago that they will ban people who abused it a lot.
    So what do you want? Knowing who got banned for how long? C'mon you know they never gave out this kind of information. And they won't do it now.

I'm looking for a response to the original post of him stating they would be banned. They are currently still playing the game, so obviously this hasn't happened as of yet. I'm looking for an update to his response from months ago, which if you look in my last thread - you will find all the information you so desire. If I was in the wrong or incorrect, why would PWE staff purposely avoid my last thread for 26 days? They even avoided a mod PMing them, lol. If I was wrong, wouldn't they correct me?

It's not hard to understand, really. Again; I'm looking for an update to the update.
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Justice must be served! Especially when it's promised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • pokepokejabz
    pokepokejabz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thing is. He can't ban a lot of people for it because it was their fault for not fixing it moment they noticed the glitch. but the people who abused the glitch hardcore should be banned and in fact they probably are. just cause theres 105's cause of goon glitch does not mean they should be banned because it is PWI's fault for not taking down the server the day/2nd day they noticed the glitch.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    I'm looking for a response to the original post of him stating they would be banned. They are currently still playing the game, so obviously this hasn't happened as of yet.

How can you tell? You don't even know who did it. You don't even know how long they would have been banned?

They won't tell you 'Oh hey look, we banned them now.' Seriously, when did you see PWE giving out that kind of information about bans?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2012
    Thing is. He can't ban a lot of people for it because it was their fault for not fixing it moment they noticed the glitch. but the people who abused the glitch hardcore should be banned and in fact they probably are. just cause theres 105's cause of goon glitch does not mean they should be banned because it is PWI's fault for not taking down the server the day/2nd day they noticed the glitch.

I'm not about what is right VS wrong. I could care less about the morality. I don't care about the morality, just like PWE staff. I'm indifferent. All I'm asking for is for PWE staff to step up and stop avoiding this legitimate request for an update.

How can you tell? You don't even know who did it. You don't even know how long they would have been banned?

They won't tell you 'Oh hey look, we banned them now.' Seriously, when did you see PWE giving out that kind of information about bans?

Are you really serious? Look at my join date on the forums. May 2009, right? I've been playing a while, so please don't take me as a moronic baboon. I'm quite intelligent. I'm socially fit in the game, and have a multitude of friends who asked me to goon glitch w/ them (I refused, ofc). They are still playing the game, and went from 101-105 in a matter of a week or two. People who asked for goon squads in World Chat are also still playing and level 105.

How do I know if they have been banned? I speak to them on a daily basis on Vent and Skype. But thanks for the concern to the matter, lol.
  • Crusty_Bone - Lost City
    Crusty_Bone - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So, for some odd reason after 26 days of not getting a response from PWE staff this thread was locked for people talking about the topic at hand. I could quote people talking about no CM response @ the end of the thread, but I'll save myself some spare time.

For about a month straight I've been looking for an update from Perfect World Entertainment staff on when/why/how people will be banned that abused the goon glitch. So, let's start another thread.

I want to note that this is a legitimate thread. I'm not abusing any rules set here on the PWI forums. All I'm doing is looking for a response to what was stated months ago. I see no reason to avoid this thread, and I see no reason to lock/close it. A mod claimed to have already PM'd the CM 26 days ago of posting this thread, and yet still no response.

To PWE Staff: Avoid this thread all you want. I'm looking for an update to the update. It's not the end of the world. It's very realistic to want an update to this matter, after what was originally posted.

The GMs/Admins already addressed this issue to the extent they are allowed to by their own policy - regarding how they are going to handle it.

As per how they had handled the issue, any and all actions taken against individuals or groups of players for any violations against the terms of service is at the sole discretion of PWE and never ever will staff discuss the status of an account(s) to anyone other than the owners of said accounts - and never will be discussed in a public forum - EVER. Not even in the broadest most vague terms.

Frankie posted a comment on what actions were expected to be taken but do not ever expect to get a response about any actions by the Admins regarding this issue. It's against their policy and it's none of your business.

Any thread asking for or about the disciplinary actions against oneself or others such as this ought to be insta-closed, locked and depthed.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    So bascially you want your friends to be banned for it? lol Seems social.

And going from 101 to 105 in a week or two seems a little bit hardcore. Either your memory fails you there big time or it's nicely made up. But that's just my humble opinion maybe knowing some people who might have glitched. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Tremblewith, I feel for you. Asking for a clear answer to anything here is a lost cause.

For what it is worth, the GMs prob can't answer due to their Chinese Overloards directives. The PWE staff is only allowed to spew what they are told to.

Want to make the PWE Overlords read this thread? Just put
    "We want a free and independent Taiwan!!!"
    in your sig. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2012

I'm with you and you have my FULL support.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Taiwan's the scourge?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
    edited March 2012

And going from 101 to 105 in a week or two seems a little bit hardcore. Either your memory fails you there big time or it's nicely made up. But that's just my humble opinion maybe knowing some people who might have glitched. b:cute
    If course it was possible and easy. I went on vacation for 11 days. Before vacation one member of this forum was 102. When I came back she was 105. It took less than 14 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Basically what she said. 101 to 105 in a week is a gross exaggeration due to hyper limitations.

They said they are banning the worst offenders. Clearly those who gooned from 101 to 105 are not classified as the worst offenders as they are still playing. They're probably seeking to ban those who sold it or profited from the glitch, which are not your friends or many of the 105s on this forum who just leveled themselves then stopped.

Repeatedly asking for information you know they don't give out concerning bans because it is against their policy to do so just makes you come off as vindictive and pushy. Your "friends" you want to see banned are not banned. You should be happy they were not considered the worst offenders and get back to dealing with your own business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Probably PWI stuff don't get it. They going against themselves. Yesterday it was gooners tomorrow it can be something different. And the most important is, with this attitude and new MMO coming in very near future they will loose many players, because lot of players are sick of how they handle this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeoSpirit - Lost City
    LeoSpirit - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Probably PWI stuff don't get it. They going against themselves. Yesterday it was gooners tomorrow it can be something different. And the most important is, with this attitude and new MMO coming in very near future they will loose many players, because lot of players are sick of how they handle this game.

And what's it to you people? How would anyone telling you anything about what happened to the glitchers going to change anything? How is knowing what happened or what's going to happen to the glitchers going to affect your gameplay?

As others have already posted it's:

Against PWI policy to discuss disciplinary actions taken against individuals to anyone other than the owners of the accounts actions have been taken against.

It's none of your business what is going to happen to the goon glitchers

Frankie already posted that the worst offenders will be dealt with and that due to how long it took to fix the glitch it's not feasable to locate and discipline all the glitchers. -Demanding any further info on this would clearly be against PWE policies which is something you QQers just refuse to accept.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Dude just accept the fact that they are NOT going to do any sort of banning.
    I have.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeoSpirit - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    I'm not about what is right VS wrong. I could care less about the morality. I don't care about the morality, just like PWE staff. I'm indifferent. All I'm asking for is for PWE staff to step up and stop avoiding this legitimate request for an update.

ROTFL! Call it what you want, what you're asking for is clearly against PWE policy for no staff is ever going to post publically the status of any punishments against anyone and you know it.

And the fact that you people look like you're on some sort of freakish crusade against the goon glitchers makes you look like you have a personal grudge against anyone you believe glitched and you are just demanding something - ANYTHING - that might vindicate said grudge.

You know the Admins aren't going to give you any vindication for the goon glitchers so now you are attacking the admins with numerous QQ threads. Time for you to grow up and either play the game or GTFO and stop asking about the "status of other people's disciplinary issues." Just like others have already said it really is none of your business.

I can't believe the Mods even let threads asking about bans or promised punishments against others go on without being locked.
    edited March 2012
    And what's it to you people? How would anyone telling you anything about what happened to the glitchers going to change anything? How is knowing what happened or what's going to happen to the glitchers going to affect your gameplay?

As others have already posted it's:

Against PWI policy to discuss disciplinary actions taken against individuals to anyone other than the owners of the accounts actions have been taken against.

It's none of your business what is going to happen to the goon glitchers

Frankie already posted that the worst offenders will be dealt with and that due to how long it took to fix the glitch it's not feasable to locate and discipline all the glitchers. -Demanding any further info on this would clearly be against PWE policies which is something you QQers just refuse to accept.

It's like people totally missed the entire 26 day bumped thread I posted before, skipped my OP on this thread, skipped my replies and decided to post whatever they think I ment.

Frankly, I'm sick of having to repeat it. I refuse to explain to people who don't understand what and why I'm doing what I've been doing. Go about your merry way and skip the thread if you can't handle it, really.

ROTFL! Call it what you want, what you're asking for is clearly against PWE policy for no staff is ever going to post publically the status of any punishments against anyone.

And the fact that you people look like you're on some sort of freakish crusade against the goon glitchers makes you look like you have a personal grudge against anyone you believe glitched and you are just demanding something - ANYTHING - that might vindicate said grudge.

Time for you to grow up and either play the game or GTFO and stop asking about the "status of other people's disciplinary issues." Just like others have already said it really is none of your business.

I can't believe the Mods even let threads asking about bans or promised punishments against others go on without being locked.

And again, really... Lol, no comment. I have nothing to say, lol.
  • LeoSpirit - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    It's like people totally missed the entire 26 day bumped thread I posted before, skipped my OP on this thread, skipped my replies and decided to post whatever they think I ment.

Frankly, I'm sick of having to repeat it. I refuse to explain to people who don't understand what and why I'm doing what I've been doing. Go about your merry way and skip the thread if you can't handle it, really.

What you're failing to grasp is yes, some of us have read your OP, understand what you are asking for and if anyone here is 'not getting it' it's most definately YOU. Grow up.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ROTFL! Call it what you want, what you're asking for is clearly against PWE policy for no staff is ever going to post publically the status of any punishments against anyone and you know it.

You know the Admins aren't going to give you any vindication for the goon glitchers so now you are attacking the admins with numerous QQ threads. Time for you to grow up and either play the game or GTFO and stop asking about the "status of other people's disciplinary issues." Just like others have already said it really is none of your business.

+1

Hit the nail right on the head here.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If I'm remember correctly, Frankie said how they will handle the glitchers and what kind of punishment they will receive is enclosed to them only.

You won't get any kind of answer, it's their policy, all you can do is make comments on it; take it or leave it.
    If you can't leave it, you're allowed to keep counting the days until the day you leave this game forever.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Fight, Fight, Fight
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Translation:
    This is more about you and you being vindicated than anything actually being done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Justice must be served! Especially when it's promised.

Amen, still waiting for it though!
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I should really find my post from the original thread of why there should be minor and public slap on the wrists of goon glitchers. Frankly, if this obviously is how it`s going to be, I for one am not gonna skip bugs when I see them, I`d be handicapping myself in comparison to others. I would love to follow the rules and not abuse bugs but it seems like PWE forces my hand.

There is actually gamebreaking bug in TWs and it`s just pointless to be the one following rules when abusers wont get punished - We actually lost 1 TW last weekend for not abusing the bug. Had we done it, we would of defended both of our lands and I for one am getting short on reasons why not to do the same everybody else doing. Funny is, PWE really cant really ban ppl using this TW glitch as it would efficiently kill their paying playerbase - every major TW faction knows and uses it if needed. Though honestly, due TW reset, it`s not been used that much, least on Archo, as there has been no point.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    goon glitch is overrated, i prefered to glitch gv and farm pan gus in meanwhile b:shutup
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I should really find my post from the original thread of why there should be minor and public slap on the wrists of goon glitchers. Frankly, if this obviously is how it`s going to be, I for one am not gonna skip bugs when I see them, I`d be handicapping myself in comparison to others. I would love to follow the rules and not abuse bugs but it seems like PWE forces my hand.

There is actually gamebreaking bug in TWs and it`s just pointless to be the one following rules when abusers wont get punished - We actually lost 1 TW last weekend for not abusing the bug. Had we done it, we would of defended both of our lands and I for one am getting short on reasons why not to do the same everybody else doing. Funny is, PWE really cant really ban ppl using this TW glitch as it would efficiently kill their paying playerbase - every major TW faction knows and uses it if needed. Though honestly, due TW reset, it`s not been used that much, least on Archo, as there has been no point.

+1

/10chars
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If I'm remember correctly, Frankie said how they will handle the glitchers and what kind of punishment they will receive is enclosed to them only.

They probably got a 12 month ban, with a punisment adjustment for good spending that spreads those 12 months over maintenance times b:shutup
    edited March 2012

Sorry but are you nut? How is gonna affect my gameplay? Are you serious? Lv. 105 has few advantages over me. They can kill easily me in pk instances. They can use invisibility(sin) that no other levels can see. They don't loose experience, me YES!!! They can have much better genies. All advantages they gained glitching game, was illegal. So according to you, I have no right to demand promised punishment? You grow up. I'm 38 year old. I lived in communism country for 18 years where you had no rights and this situation is very similar to my memories. That's why I'm pissed off. Because rules are NOT same for every1. I invested some money and TIME to this game so I think I have right to be upset. b:angry And people who lying to me, are in my values lower, than insect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I lived in communism country for 18 years

And now u live in capiltalism. Now u have rights. E.g. to enforce every rule in ur own online game. Just do it... oh wait, pwe doesnt belong to u? b:sad And because the company doesnt belong to u, u want to take away their freedom of making their own rules in their own game? U learned alot in communism b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.