APS Nerf, <-RUMOR

Options

Comments

• Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Imagine paying 200 gold or farming for weeks for a nix only to have it ***** in 2 seconds by a 5 aps. How would you feel? Even my herc gets ***** in seconds by an APS sin. And that claim about the herc being able to solo everything just shows how ignorant you are about them even if they are one of the most expensive single cash shop item in the botique.

imagine paying or farming double that cost to get 5 aps and decent refines only to get it nerfed so that herc venos can solo TT again for a better profit. how would you feel? you did buy your herc cuz it was able to solo and tank stuff (and still can) right? now why do you think ppl pay for aps?

go make an aps char NOOOOOWOSAAAASDFE!!!!
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    5aps fully cost nothing to my r9 armor set so i can easy say they should make it cost waaaay more money to get what aps have.

hm a biljion coin i would sure never complain cos then you are helping server stay alive.

and is not a cheap broken mechanism

same with sin they should put a gold tag on that class for liek 400 gold then at least ppl payed to play a OP class.

shall i go on b:surrender cos i have better ideas to how OP broken mechanism should COST.
  • Syyfee - Sanctuary
    Syyfee - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am not a cashshopper and i own a 5.0 APS sin. And i have really worked hard for it to get all the gear needed. And i only went that way cause all demanded for high APS sins and now the ones that always damended it, are the ones that are most happy that we get nerfed?
    I have to agree most sins in game are real *****, but still, there are some that really worked hard on what they have now. So i kinda feel it is unfair, if i would have to reorganize it all.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am not a cashshopper and i own a 5.0 APS sin. And i have really worked hard for it to get all the gear needed. And i only went that way cause all demanded for high APS sins and now the ones that always damended it, are the ones that are most happy that we get nerfed?
    I have to agree most sins in game are real *****, but still, there are some that really worked hard on what they have now. So i kinda feel it is unfair, if i would have to reorganize it all.

+100 i worked hard for my 5 aps. if someone think its very easy let them do it no-cs way.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    +100 i worked hard for my 5 aps. if someone think its very easy let them do it no-cs way.

It is not so hard as to do high DPS Wizard wich can outdamage 5APS Assassin.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why do you need two R9 sins? One isn't OP enough for you? b:surrender

He needs one of em to be sage, to buff the demon one. And the sage needs to be R9 so it looks cooler sitting by the south teleporter waiting for him to finish the instance.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes and no one will have TT anymore , we will be with really bad gear and cant kill anything anymore. And if the people say "down with aps" why you all ask 4-5 aps only for Nirvana? From tomorrow ask 2 aps only, see how that feels. Maybe to make the bosses less powerful to be easy for an 2 aps to kill and fix the barb roar. If the sin gives 100k dmg (example) let the barb roar and take aggro no matter how much sin hit. As for cleric have more dmg , is that a joke? There are enough clerics that think they are DD and not heal anymore. If they hit hard they will take aggro and 1 shot dead from a boss, come on really?
    So if u wanna make 2 aps, let the mobs be easy to kill and no one will mind then, that will be balanced.

So much fail in this post, it would take a week just to catalog it.

Especially from a powerleveled barb that hasn't been here long enough to know what this game was like before sins and 5aps.

Learn to play your class, and maybe you'll understand what happened here when aps became cheap and easy.

(and before you climb all up in my grill there Son, this is my alt - my main's a 3 year-old, level 101 *non-claw* barb)

b:laugh
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To sum up this thread in one sentence:

I heard this game is gonna get very, very boring.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    y'all heard it wrong, i heard aps are being increased to 8.0 man. all instances gonna take 1-3 min max. b:pleased
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since they are able to manipulate gear as per instances (ie def/attk lvls will only work in pve)

They could fix it where high APS only works in PvE as well... And in PvP areas it be dumbed down to a capped lvl-

Which will keep the lazy asshats that claim they only want and need high APS to play PvE (when they secretly know they want it to feel like PvP gods)
    re
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The first one will be true for the clerics second mode...

for every good lie there needs to be some truth.

b:avoid
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Maybe on solo mode, or a 1-1 at best lol

it take people 20 mins to solo 1-1? O_0
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah, that would, I would just go to watch really. Stay in the back, tank dies haul *** away.

Not on topic: Nerf APS to 2.0 Fine by me, I farmed what I have so no cash wasted for me.

Now I really get to LAUGH AT THE DUMB *** PEOPLE that dumped 1000s into a game. *looks out side* Glad I spent money on that new truck instead of this game.

I know really. I bought a house instead of dumping $1000s into a broken game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    imagine paying or farming double that cost to get 5 aps and decent refines only to get it nerfed so that herc venos can solo TT again for a better profit. how would you feel? you did buy your herc cuz it was able to solo and tank stuff (and still can) right? now why do you think ppl pay for aps?

go make an aps char NOOOOOWOSAAAASDFE!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm. A herc I can use to solo a certain TT instance in an hour vs. an APS that can solo the same instance in 10 minutes. Yeah that's really balanced. Oh and try solo'ing frost with a herc, or NV with a herc like an APS can. Yup I guess that's balanced if you're looking at it with rose colored glasses and an APS. LOL!!!!! Problem is on a whole people like you can't see the forest for the trees but that comment is probably far beyond your comprehension.

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes. Cap APS please. I hate having my plume shell drop instantly when I am eating mp food with a mp charm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So you saying you wouldn't farm TT if aps was removed?
    How in the hell did people farm TT before aps?
    Yes, you guessed it, acutall teamwork.

Agreed,
    and basically 5.0 is a glitch, as in its a mistake.

so it needs to be fixed, and that one barb up there should know like any other. Whens the last time he tanked in a 5.0 squad?

oh yeah, he spammed flesh ream and the sin with light armor still ended up tanking the whole time. You spend millions upon millions on your super awesome tanking gear, that went all to waste to a kid with light armor.

i hope they do nerf the aps.
    maybe people will get smarter and build pure to help damage. face it, a 5.0 sins gonna tank it, a barbs always going to be a better tank and seekers, bm's archers, psys, sins, and every other class not tanking should build pure. and maybe we'll just start killing faster, since its SUCH A PROBLEM.
    Objective: Complete
  • BryanTank - Sanctuary
    BryanTank - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if they do nerf aps iam happy to tell them i stopped playing the game caus the only thing they can do is **** things more up instead of making things better..
    keep this going on and let the game fal every update more apart:)
    +1 for private server these days
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nerfing APS will not kill the economy and it will make defeating an instance and obtaining gear feel like an accomplishment. I was here before the expansions: the economy was fine, having the best gear was an accomplishment rather than an expectation, and when you dinged a level people would appreciate it because you couldn't level from 1 to 100 in a week.

In what other game can you solo end game instances? In other games, it is a huge accomplishment to be able to solo an instance that is 20 levels below level cap when you are level capped and wearing the best gear available.

"Oh no an instance takes longer than one hour and can't be solo'd? Oh man, I can't stunlock the boss? Better uninstall this game because they want me to waste my time."
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    They aren't nerfing aps, but every class but sins are getting a 4th spark

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nerfing APS will not kill the economy and it will make defeating an instance and obtaining gear feel like an accomplishment. I was here before the expansions: the economy was fine, having the best gear was an accomplishment rather than an expectation, and when you dinged a level people would appreciate it because you couldn't level from 1 to 100 in a week.

Leveling has nothing to do with APS: it has all to do with hypers and changing FCC into an exp instance.

Also, the whole "gear is an achievement" thing is taken away by having reputation and packs in the Boutique. Has nothing to do with APS, has everything to do with PWE.
    "Oh no an instance takes longer than one hour and can't be solo'd? Oh man, I can't stunlock the boss? Better uninstall this game because they want me to waste my time."

Most bosses in this game are immune to stun to begin with. And again, it's the problem with the community, not the APS. The community in this game is almost obsessively efficiency oriented: People want everything to be done fast and smooth.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    People are so ****. If you think APS should be nerfed, at least come up with a legitimate argument. Yeah...people don't want to take longer to complete an instance, maybe the gold price has something to do with that.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Most bosses in this game are immune to stun to begin with. And again, it's the problem with the community, not the APS. The community in this game is almost obsessively efficiency oriented: People want everything to be done fast and smooth.

It will take wife and I about 8 months to finish +10'ing all our gear and get 2 +12 weapons. Can't imagine how long it would take if we weren't at least somewhat efficient.

b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Good riddance if 99% of the 5aps sin population leaves.

More than likely though, most of them are farmers alts for other class mains, who are still addicted to PW, so I doubt population will change much.

We don't buy the 'it will take 20+ minutes to do bosses' line.

I can think of only two reasons why they will do away or cap aps at 2.

1. The core game in China is coded around it and it costs to much to keep it working on US version.
    2. There are too many +5 aps toons making too much coin in game, as opposed to cash shopping. Yes they CS to get +5, but then they can practically mint their own coin from there out. PW Inc keeps doing things to reduce ways of earning coin in game, so it fits in with that pattern.b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Every freaking expansion someone states aps will be nerfed. And every freaking time nothing happens. Geez.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Every freaking expansion someone states aps will be nerfed. And every freaking time nothing happens. Geez.

This one though, it actually will be less effective in the new instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This one though, it actually will be less effective in the new instances.

That's more of a damage nerf to be fair. Yes, I know that high aps = epic damage. But the 5.0 or something stays the same unless all bosses have an aps debuff. It's just the damage output that will get lowered :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    APS shouldn't ever be nerfed as it stands you payed for X and you should get X and not Y.

That being said what if you worked hard to get rank 9 then suddenly they decided to nerf the attack and defense level bonuses down to 2 bonuses? I think people would be pissed

anyhow what it appears they are attempting is simply to make new instances where APS doesn't really determine the outcome... I am guessing that is why there is all this completely useless to PVP gear being tossed in with PVE bonuses only. b:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

That's more of a damage nerf to be fair. Yes, I know that high aps = epic damage. But the 5.0 or something stays the same unless all bosses have an aps debuff. It's just the damage output that will get lowered :P

Someone hasn't been in trials?
    anyhow what it appears they are attempting is simply to make new instances where APS doesn't really determine the outcome... I am guessing that is why there is all this completely useless to PVP gear being tossed in with PVE bonuses only. b:laugh

Ya this is probably the best possible solution one can hope for.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options

It will be interesting to see how they 'rebalance existing skills that we will be forced to adapt to or perish' if you know what I mean. Maybe they will keep 5 aps but nerf the ability to permaspark. Can be done by increasing cooldown times of sparks or nerfing chi gain.

• hi7ok1ri
    hi7ok1ri Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I heard clerics wont be allowed to heal
    I heard archers lose all purges on bows
    I heard sins get 2.0 aps nerf
    I heard psy's will only be allowed to reach 10k soulforce max
    I heard barbs lose their HP buffs
    I heard venos can only purge once a day