New CN Expansion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Updated main page w/ new date and expansion name.

We got a date now, Bubbles. 15th Feb. :P
    *concerning the FAQ down there that says otherwise*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    We got a date now, Bubbles. 15th Feb. :P
    *concerning the FAQ down there that says otherwise*

Aw, I knew I missed one. b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKurayami - Lost City
    XKurayami - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Somebody know any further information about the new gear?
    Cuz I dont wanna waste millions to get r8 on my alt now if that new gear is better.
    We'll never find out of epic Perfect World would have turned out with their original developers :/
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Somebody know any further information about the new gear?
    Cuz I dont wanna waste millions to get r8 on my alt now if that new gear is better.

The new gear might not become very interesting for pvp servers cz those new attack/defence lvls work only on mobs/bosses.

+ with map resets every 6 months pvp will become more interesting for many ppl who had no chance to join a tw yet.

Imo they r too late with the idea to make gear for pve purposes only. They should have released this kind of gear BEFORE they put rank stuff on sale... And even before they have released nv gear. But now its too late. Mybe i'm wrong. But with the info i got till now i dont think so...
  • XKurayami - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The stupid thing is that repu sale ends just before they release the expansion so I need to take a desition now.
    We'll never find out of epic Perfect World would have turned out with their original developers :/
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The stupid thing is that repu sale ends just before they release the expansion so I need to take a desition now.

Take the rank gear. Be mindful they've been very much against -int gear recently (R9 chest: no -int, R8 recast: low as hell chance) and additionally this stuff seems to be pretty much PvE only powerful.

This is specualtion of course, but personally I'd take the rank still.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • XKurayami - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My alt is a psy so no really need for -int.
  • XKurayami - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I just took the decition if my momaganon psy doesnt hit 95+ before expanion ill joinnew worlds with my lc sin. gosh I totally feel like sin again b:pleased
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    YAY im so happy now. i was expacting to have to wait a few months MINIMUM for this expansion like i did for genisis. my seeker should be well over 95 by then and i cant wait to farm his new skills. now i just gotta decide between getting the new gear first or go straight to r8 b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I found a post showing the prices of acquiring the books:

http://w2i.178.com/201112/117257150496.html

My rough estimate from this spreadsheet is that it would take 3-4 weeks per order to get that order's skills. So like 2-3 months to get all the skills.

Basically it works like this:

There are 3 orders Corona, Shroud, and Luminance. For each you have merit and prestige (I dont know the PWI names). Your prestige will always go up while you spend merit points on items.

Daily tasks you can do twice a day and come randomly as purple blue or white quests. These award 40 prestige and 20 merit (not sure which).

Weekly quests can be done I think for each order and award 60 prestige for that order.

There is also a weekly quest for your own faction that gives 80 prestige and 30 merit.

I'm not too sure if there are other ways of gaining prestige / merit but this gives you an idea how much you will be getting for doing stuff.

To leave a faction sacrifices 5% of your prestige and merit. You can't join another faction for 24 hours and have to remain in your new faction for at least 7 days.

The beginner version skill books require you to have 40 prestige and cost 15 merit points + 105k coin.
    The big-boy skill books require 3500 prestige and and cost 675 merit but no coin to buy. These beginner skills are tradeable but the big boy skills are not (probably can't account stash them either).
    You still need coin and spirit to learn these books though.

There are other things you can buy with merit:
    Spirit - up to 450k a day for 100 merit
    Experience - up to 2m a day for 100 merit
    Reputation - 1,600 a day for 100 merit
    Shards
    Baby pet eggs (dino, fish, double headed eagle)
    g15 weapons / armor / reroll mats
    runes
    fly mounts (nothing good I tink)
    mounts - 8.5m/s (red unicorn, gold unicorn, purple unicorn)
    Pheonix Valley Ticket
    Nirvana Talisman
    Cube of Fate Directorate Letter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Very nice, added to op.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

My rough estimate from this spreadsheet is that it would take 3-4 weeks per order to get that order's skills. So like 2-3 months to get all the skills.

There are 3 orders Corona, Shroud, and Luminance. For each you have merit and prestige (I dont know the PWI names). Your prestige will always go up while you spend merit points on items.

Daily tasks you can do twice a day and come randomly as purple blue or white quests. These award 40 prestige and 20 merit (not sure which).

Weekly quests can be done I think for each order and award 60 prestige for that order.

There is also a weekly quest for your own faction that gives 80 prestige and 30 merit.

I'm not too sure if there are other ways of gaining prestige / merit but this gives you an idea how much you will be getting for doing stuff.

To leave a faction sacrifices 5% of your prestige and merit. You can't join another faction for 24 hours and have to remain in your new faction for at least 7 days.

The skill books require 3500 prestige and and cost 675 merit but no coin to buy.
    The beginner version skill books require you to have 40 prestige and cost 15 merit points + 105k coin.
    You still need coin and spirit to learn these though.

Shards
    runes
    Pheonix Valley Ticket
    Nirvana Talisman

Sounds pretty good :O

Any chance you could clarify the bit in red? Do you mean the skills that we get 2 versions of can have the worse version obtained cheaper? (And quicker ofc)
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

The skill books require 3500 prestige and and cost 675 merit but no coin to buy.
    You still need coin and spirit to learn these though.

Shards
    runes
    Pheonix Valley Ticket
    Nirvana Talisman

Looking at the link it also says some skills are tradable (Seeker pet skill for example). So presumably that will shorten the over all time to gain the complete set for your class if you can outright buy certain books from other players.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The daily tasks you mentioned sound alot like them Divine quests you can pickup after finishing a BH.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Looking at the link it also says some skills are tradable (Seeker pet skill for example). So presumably that will shorten the over all time to gain the complete set for your class if you can outright buy certain books from other players.

Ya the baby-level books are cheap and tradeable. Big boy books are not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Can you please clarify? To learn new skills i.e wing leap and archer stealth and sunset arrows requires baby and big boy books? If so what are the differences?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Can you please clarify? To learn new skills i.e wing leap and archer stealth and sunset arrows requires baby and big boy books? If so what are the differences?

Some books (the "baby" books) can be gotten at a lower level such as lvl 80 and they are tradable. The big boy books on the other hand you have to be level 100 to get them plus the merit/prestige requirements are much higher.

From what I gathered however... there are also lvl 100 versions of those tradable skills which are more powerful but I don't see them in the lists for the various orders.
    edited February 2012
    Options

The only archer baby book is baby range buff. That one is 20 seconds. The big-boy one is 30 seconds and replaces the baby one. All the other skills just come in one flavor (big-boy).

The baby skill is there as a quickie to hold you over as you are working towards the big-boy skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So pretty much every class has at least one baby book...

So about 5-6 big boy books, and one baby book for each class if I got this right.

That would explain the double skills...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hey here is the patcher from the new expansion

PWInewPatcher.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2012
    Options

PWInewPatcher.png

The patcher skin is usually different. Ours probably won't look like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The patcher skin is usually different. Ours probably won't look like that.

PWInewPatcher.png

btw does anyone know what it says near the patcher bar? I can't read it.

Also can someone that plays on the chinese server private message me please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

The big-boy skill books require 3500 prestige and and cost 675 merit but no coin to buy. These beginner skills are tradeable but the big boy skills are not (probably can't account stash them either).
    You still need coin and spirit to learn these books though.

Shards
    runes
    Pheonix Valley Ticket
    Nirvana Talisman

And these are earned by doing the special quests? Wow, that really makes questing for these blue purple white quests worthwhile. They kinda sound like divine orders on crack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And these are earned by doing the special quests? Wow, that really makes questing for these blue purple white quests worthwhile. They kinda sound like divine orders on crack.

Thats the daily limit on turning in merit for xp / sp. I'm not sure if you can actually earn 100 merit a day. You can probably earn like 60 or so merit a day but you want to save it up for skills at least at the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thats the daily limit on turning in merit for xp / sp. I'm not sure if you can actually earn 100 merit a day. You can probably earn like 60 or so merit a day but you want to save it up for skills at least at the start.

Well yeah, but after you get the skills it gives an incentive to continue to do the quests. I hope more expansions also give more incentives to questing. TBH I think the whole system needs a overhaul, but this expansion sounds like it's a step in the right direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • nesthegreat
    nesthegreat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So you will be able to get 700 prestige every week (if there is no other way)
    That means to take a "big boy" book it will take at least 5 weeks ?
    Damn it will take too long b:angry
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Is there more info on this? IE, how long it would take to collect reroll mats to do one reroll (like how its forever on R8...)
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So you will be able to get 700 prestige every week (if there is no other way)
    That means to take a "big boy" book it will take at least 5 weeks ?
    Damn it will take too long b:angry

Something tells me we'll be seeing ''Demon/Sage Merit Cards'' coming out of packs sooner or later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm just going by that spreadsheet. I'm not really sure what's the max prestige / merit you can get per day...

The weapons cost 900 merit and require 5000 prestige.
    You can see this on the bow called: ★★天兵-化蝶
    which has stats: http://image.81813.com/w2i/2012/01/27/wm270401.jpg

The reroll mat "华光会徽记" is also there and can be used to reroll the above bow.
    http://i.imgur.com/5JNAX.png
    There are 2 different reroll recipes with that mat, one that takes 60 + bow = bow, another takes 45 + bow = bow.
    I'm assuming this is like r8 recast where one of them is reshaping and one is honing

You need 5000 prestige to buy "华光会徽记" but it only costs 1 merit each. I think you are limited to 15 a day though?

Each faction has their own particular set of weapons and their own recast mat.

EDIT: I checked some threads on the chinese forums and it seems like it took them about a month to farm their first good skill. This makes it seem like my initial rough estimate of 3-4 weeks per order is about right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.