New CN Expansion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thank you for that Asty. I just kept looking at that spreadsheet and my brain shutting off cause of translation :)

Looks like its gonna be a while of farming and a bit complex. The weapons look neat and worth it, but god the armor kinda seems like it sucks. I'm looking forward to the finalization to see what kind of min-maxing can be done.

Gonna have to work on some diff interval gear to take advantage of the wraith attack and defense levels it seems :( Damn R8 mats take forever.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    why this page two?! bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It would seem they had to nerf the new PvE daggers because they were performing on par with rank 9 daggers. That's what I gathered from This anyways
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm just going by that spreadsheet. I'm not really sure what's the max prestige / merit you can get per day...

The weapons cost 900 merit and require 5000 prestige.
    You can see this on the bow called: ★★天兵-化蝶
    which has stats: http://image.81813.com/w2i/2012/01/27/wm270401.jpg

The reroll mat "华光会徽记" is also there and can be used to reroll the above bow.
    http://i.imgur.com/5JNAX.png
    There are 2 different reroll recipes with that mat, one that takes 60 + bow = bow, another takes 45 + bow = bow.
    I'm assuming this is like r8 recast where one of them is reshaping and one is honing

You need 5000 prestige to buy "华光会徽记" but it only costs 1 merit each. I think you are limited to 15 a day though?

Each faction has their own particular set of weapons and their own recast mat.

EDIT: I checked some threads on the chinese forums and it seems like it took them about a month to farm their first good skill. This makes it seem like my initial rough estimate of 3-4 weeks per order is about right.

Sorry for the double post =\

Anyways, the max Prestige you can get in one day is 250. The max Merit is 100. With an additional 60 prestige available once weekly (but no merit).

There are a total of 6 dailies. So that means you can get 1810 Prestige per week and 700 Merit.

Hope that helps.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There haven't been any updates on the main CN server in the past month so I guess we'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry for the double post =\

Anyways, the max Prestige you can get in one day is 250. The max Merit is 100. With an additional 60 prestige available once weekly (but no merit).

There are a total of 6 dailies. So that means you can get 1810 Prestige per week and 700 Merit.

Hope that helps.

Ohh nice that's a bit more than I thought. I'm guessing that getting that much involves being lucky and getting all purple quests? Do you know the amount you get with normal luck?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ohh nice that's a bit more than I thought. I'm guessing that getting that much involves being lucky and getting all purple quests? Do you know the amount you get with normal luck?

Sorry i don't know yet. My wife is chinese and I'm making her play PWCN and translate things for me, lol. But she isn't a fan of the game so her enthusiasm levels are slacking b:chuckle
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry i don't know yet. My wife is chinese and I'm making her play PWCN and translate things for me, lol. But she isn't a fan of the game so her enthusiasm levels are slacking b:chuckle

b:sin
    Some sort of exploitation there but I enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

can you ask your wife to translate what it says next to this patcher for me?

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/PWInewPatcher.png

b:thanks

I wanna test out some stuff but it freezes there so I am curious what it says.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hmmmm, getting a good translation of the pw-cn version ahead of time, or not getting any for the next month.

GIMMA THAT INFO!

b:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Do you get a prompt that pops up when you open up the patcher?
    If so, you need to update.

If you aren't sure, try opening up the game through the exe file and see if you get a prompt at the login screen; if you do, you most likely need to update.

One of the buttons on the patcher should open up the server list for patching (iirc there are two of them, and it looks jsut like our update server list), just choose one and let it update.

Or better yet, find out what your game version is, and get the manual update from here.
    If it's earlier than 806, click on the other tabs for downloads, one of them has a list for manual patches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    With the announcement was the thing brought up about "bringing balance" to our existing skills/class blah blah.

Anyone know more details on this? What is going to be done? I'm going insane here. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    With the announcement was the thing brought up about "bringing balance" to our existing skills/class blah blah.

Anyone know more details on this? What is going to be done? I'm going insane here. b:cry

GM Swords for everyone!b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
    edited February 2012
    Options

I'll ask her to look at it when she a spare moment. Also, if your having trouble translating things in images like that, try using the Google Goggle App if you or someone you know has an android phone. There might be a similar program online or for Iphones but i don't know the name's. It works decent for a rough translation.
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Taking the balancing of existing skills with a grain of salt. Considering recent examples, the changing of landscape before coming of earthguard and the concept art which had nothing to do with game scenery. PWI/cn just wants to say that new skills will balance existing classes and are just hyping this up to keep players interested.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Do you get a prompt that pops up when you open up the patcher?
    If so, you need to update.

If you aren't sure, try opening up the game through the exe file and see if you get a prompt at the login screen; if you do, you most likely need to update.

One of the buttons on the patcher should open up the server list for patching (iirc there are two of them, and it looks jsut like our update server list), just choose one and let it update.

Or better yet, find out what your game version is, and get the manual update from here.
    If it's earlier than 806, click on the other tabs for downloads, one of them has a list for manual patches.

I get this error when I try to run from Client Directly. PwiConfigpckerror.png

and about the client version I don't know which one it is as I have just recently redownloaded it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I get this error when I try to run from Client Directly. PwiConfigpckerror.png

and about the client version I don't know which one it is as I have just recently redownloaded it.

Hmm... it's complaining about the configs.pck....
    Either it's missing, you have chinese characters in your filepath , or it got corrupted.
    Try updating (upper right) and verifying it (upper middle button).

If that fails, I'll give you my copy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Is the horse the only thing new from the attendance thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • codyiswinning252
    codyiswinning252 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for this I got to get to 95 now :)
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hmm... it's complaining about the configs.pck....
    Either it's missing, you have chinese characters in your filepath , or it got corrupted.
    Try updating (upper right) and verifying it (upper middle button).

If that fails, I'll give you my copy.

thats the problem it was named chinese in the folder b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ClericSkillTree.png
    Cleric Skill Tree

MysticSkillTree.png
    Mystic Skill Tree

SeekerSkillTree.png
    Seeker Skill Tree

BladeMasterSkillTree.png
    Blade Master Skill Tree

ArcherSkillTree.png
    Archer Skill Tree

WizardSkillTree.png
    Wizard Skill Tree

AssassinSkillTree.png
    Assassin Skill Tree

BarbarianSkillTree.png
    Barbarian Skill Tree

PsychicSkillTree.png
    Psychic Skill Tree

VenomancerSkillTree.png
    Venomancer Skill Tree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Everything in Ellysium Village gets destroyed and only 2 npcs are there now.

2012-02-0722-19-10.jpg
    2012-02-0722-18-51.jpg
    2012-02-0722-18-35.jpg

b:cry

2012-02-0722-21-37.jpg

^anyone know wtf this thing is? it's in the cash shop and from the stats maybe its a blessing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So informative, I can't wait for February 15th. I think this will be the best expansion we have had.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ClericSkillTree.png
    Cleric Skill Tree

MysticSkillTree.png
    Mystic Skill Tree

SeekerSkillTree.png
    Seeker Skill Tree

BladeMasterSkillTree.png
    Blade Master Skill Tree

ArcherSkillTree.png
    Archer Skill Tree

WizardSkillTree.png
    Wizard Skill Tree

AssassinSkillTree.png
    Assassin Skill Tree

BarbarianSkillTree.png
    Barbarian Skill Tree

PsychicSkillTree.png
    Psychic Skill Tree

VenomancerSkillTree.png
    Venomancer Skill Tree

Are all the skill icons looking a little bland like the seeker skilltree? Its next to impossible to tell the difference between them all.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • JebakLesny - Dreamweaver
    JebakLesny - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    blessing for 10 gold? hmm.
    b:angryGM gives us more packsb:angry
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Everything in Ellysium Village gets destroyed and only 2 npcs are there now.

2012-02-0722-19-10.jpg
    2012-02-0722-18-51.jpg
    2012-02-0722-18-35.jpg

b:cry

2012-02-0722-21-37.jpg

^anyone know wtf this thing is? it's in the cash shop and from the stats maybe its a blessing?

All I know it's a pack that's promoting the movie somehow... The icon is of the veno girl wearing half clothes.

While I did translate some of the files from pwcn for personal use, it's far from perfect and bugs.

I suppose for your convenience, you can have this.
    It translates the names of servers, txt file goes into (whateverpwcniscalled)/patcher/server
    Just remember to always keep a copy of this and the old one.
    Just in case.

For those of you not playing pwcn, please, please, don't add this to pwi. It won't work.
    I know that should be obvious but I have a feeling someone will think it will allow them on pwcn and try anyways. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Escorian, and others, you do a good job at bringing infos :)

I do have a question that , I think, has yet to be answered, well maybe 2..

I know we saw a quick map a few weeks back, but how big is new area you would say ?

Around the size of the Earthguard lands (Like from Fissure to Elysium) ? A tad smaller ?

And hmm..well I forgot my 2nd one b:surrender

Guess i'll get coffee and come back...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Escorian, and others, you do a good job at bringing infos :)

I do have a question that , I think, has yet to be answered, well maybe 2..

I know we saw a quick map a few weeks back, but how big is new area you would say ?

Around the size of the Earthguard lands (Like from Fissure to Elysium) ? A tad smaller ?

And hmm..well I forgot my 2nd one b:surrender

Guess i'll get coffee and come back...

Sorry the main map hasn't been changed they added in a new instance map that is like heaven and hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hmm yah, must have mis-explained myself..I knew that part , that it would be a kinda instance with a "u shall not pass if not 95+" barrier... Was mostly wondering about size of it, but from what ur saying , might be about the same size as hell/heaven.

Oh and I recall my other question, site announces two new dungeons, are they both for the new gear (or items needed to make them) or one is for that is that other serves another purpose ?

Thansk a lot in advance :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a question...

Is it required to be in a faction with a base for acquiring the new skills? Do I need to be in a faction with a base to enjoy this expansion in other words.

Thank you for answering in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
This discussion has been closed.