New CN Expansion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    @Topic

Those if you guys who played the expansion, how is the new instance? Have you gotten a chance to go inside. Does it take longer than nirvana or shorter?

I just have a lvl 1 cleric on pw-cn but here is a video of the new 10-man instance:
    http://w2i.178.com/201112/118449667883.html

You might want to mute the crappy audio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just have a lvl 1 cleric on pw-cn but here is a video of the new 10-man instance:
    http://w2i.178.com/201112/118449667883.html

You might want to mute the crappy audio.

Did they increase squad size for the expansion? Or does PW-CN always have this large squad size?

2 minutes in, and that Archer makes me cringe.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

That's a private server.
    Did they increase squad size for the expansion? Or does PW-CN always have this large squad size?

2 minutes in, and that Archer makes me cringe.

Some (not sure if some or all) of the new dungeons allow for 10 man squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The matchmaker. Two wedding wines.

How much are the wedding wines, and how many candies do you get for two wines?
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Looks like squad member limit was taken to 10 finally or its just for instance. Also two new buttons in public relations. faction icon on avatar
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    How much are the wedding wines, and how many candies do you get for two?

Two wines for one candy, if I'm remembering right. It's under the other option...not quest.

It was in a noob moment that I found this out. Got two wines, thinking I'd make wines for a dungeon. I knew which npc to go to, but not what to pick.

And wedding wines are the Wine you can get from tokens.
    /offtopic
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Two wines for one candy, if I'm remembering right. It's under the other option...not quest.

It was in a noob moment that I found this out. Got two wines, thinking I'd make wines for a dungeon. I knew which npc to go to, but not what to pick.

And wedding wines are the Wine you can get from tokens.
    /offtopic

Thanks, and sorry for going off topic with the question. I've genuinely been curious about that for some time now. Thanks again. :D b:victoryb:pleasedb:thanks

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

• XKurayami - Lost City
    XKurayami - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    New Skills for the expansion!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssP4O7Lig0
    We'll never find out of epic Perfect World would have turned out with their original developers :/
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks, and sorry for going off topic with the question. I've genuinely been curious about that for some time now. Thanks again. :D b:victoryb:pleasedb:thanks

Mummitroll was talking about the R9 recast NPC. PWCN has a different version than ours..

Theres takes wedding candies instead of nirvana mats.. http://i.imgur.com/16XP4.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mummitroll was talking about the R9 recast NPC. PWCN has a different version than ours..

Theres takes wedding candies instead of nirvana mats.. http://i.imgur.com/16XP4.jpg

How much does wedding candy cost over there?! b:surprised
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
    edited February 2012
    Options
    How much does wedding candy cost over there?! b:surprised

Prices there are a bit wonky due to mass botting. Tokens there cost 60k each. Wedding candy there is also available directly in the boutique so that 50 wedding candies are the same price as a wedding pack. That would mean a summerwind token there is available from the boutique at 10x the price of a wedding pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Found this image of the (probably) new instance from wanmei site:

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/120130/10021327908000708.jpg
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So i has a question, will old classes be able to put their weapon away like the EGs?

And there were rumors about a revamp of old classes, will skills look different?
    and will knockbacks from old classes work in pvp too like the mystic's?

Thank you for any answers
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So i has a question, will old classes be able to put their weapon away like the EGs?

Probably not

And there were rumors about a revamp of old classes, will skills look different?
    and will knockbacks from old classes work in pvp too like the mystic's?

Lol keep dreaming

Thank you for any answers

/5char
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
    edited February 2012
    Options

Ahh. I see. The reason that I was curious about them is because for the older classes, you need 100 wedding candies for the R8 boots and sleeves I believe, and I think that my endgame gear may indeed be R8. (R9 is way too much for me. Lol.)

Thanks for the info though Asterelle.
    b:thanksb:victory

• Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ahh. I see. The reason that I was curious about them is because for the older classes, you need 100 wedding candies for the R8 boots and sleeves I believe, and I think that my endgame gear may indeed be R8. (R9 is way too much for me. Lol.)

Thanks for the info though Asterelle.[COLOR] b:thanksb:victory

all classes have to get the wedding candies for r8 boots and sleeves
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    New Skills for the expansion!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssP4O7Lig0

You can not be serious, unless you woke up from hibernation just few days ago.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i wanna understand how the new armor works. cuz i was looking through the pics and realised theres more then just one set of new armor. so most likely they wont have the same method to getting them both.(unless there like nv) but i mean really it looks like going from royal kingly style armor to something that looks like someone skinned and is wearing a cragglord. i also wanna know what the difference between these two types are.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a/some question(s) about the new skills that will come out soon.

I would like to know; what is required to learn them?
    Is that like a normal skill and you only need spirit and coins or you need something else as skills 79 & 100?
    If we'll need something else, what will it be?

Thanks b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a/some question(s) about the new skills that will come out soon.

I would like to know; what is required to learn them?
    Is that like a normal skill and you only need spirit and coins or you need something else as skills 79 & 100?
    If we'll need something else, what will it be?

Thanks b:thanks

you join a sub faction light/dark/shadow by paying 200k, then you do quests get rep and contribution that has nothing to do with rank gear rep then you go to a npc and trade for skill books flyers and mounts, you can trade the skill books, and you can leave the sub faction at the cost of losing 5% of rep to that faction and have a time limit on joining new one or rejoining old, no idea if it cost coin and spirit or just spirit, but you need at least 79 culti to learn the new skills so check bubbles post on firs page has all the details somewhere in there
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    you join a sub faction light/dark/shadow by paying 200k, then you do quests get rep and contribution that has nothing to do with rank gear rep then you go to a npc and trade for skill books flyers and mounts, you can trade the skill books, and you can leave the sub faction at the cost of losing 5% of rep to that faction and have a time limit on joining new one or rejoining old, no idea if it cost coin and spirit or just spirit, but you need at least 79 culti to learn the new skills so check bubbles post on firs page has all the details somewhere in there

Thanks (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Stealth, leaps and +range skills? ByeBye balance, What was left of it anyways.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • barbuser
    barbuser Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Im sure ill recieve a ton of grief for asking, but i will ask anyway...-takes deep breath- I skimmed through the pages and did not see it mentioned (could be a fail on my part), but i heard rumors of an aps adjustment in some form. Such as a nerf on aps or a cap. Anyone able to clarify this bit of info? -awaits the firing squadb:beatupb:sweat-
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    barbuser wrote: »
    Im sure ill recieve a ton of grief for asking, but i will ask anyway...-takes deep breath- I skimmed through the pages and did not see it mentioned (could be a fail on my part), but i heard rumors of an aps adjustment in some form. Such as a nerf on aps or a cap. Anyone able to clarify this bit of info? -awaits the firing squadb:beatupb:sweat-

I believe there was a patch on the test server that changed how chi was gained during a spark; apparently you couldn't get more chi while sparking.
    That obviously didn't stay in though.

As for aps itself, not to my knowledge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why isnt this thread stickied? =/
    barbuser wrote: »

They arent nerfing APS as much as they're reducing its effectiveness in the newer content. (ie: mobs having special Attack/Defense levels)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why isnt this thread stickied? =/

Because people don't read stickies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suppose, but its better than having this fall through the pages and letting others make up topics asking questions about it ~_~

Anyways, if the new bosses (mobs?) have Wraith Hunting/Defense levels, are we to expect such stats to be applied on pre-existing instance/map bosses? If not, is it safe to assume that the Wraith Attack/Defense levels would work on regular bosses the same way that their regular counterparts do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suppose, but its better than having this fall through the pages and letting others make up topics asking questions about it ~_~

Anyways, if the new bosses (mobs?) have Wraith Hunting/Defense levels, are we to expect such stats to be applied on pre-existing instance/map bosses? If not, is it safe to assume that the Wraith Attack/Defense levels would work on regular bosses the same way that their regular counterparts do?

I doubt pwe will sticky it though mainly because it's mostly just translations and speculations, not actual information from pwe.

Updated main page w/ new date and expansion name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.