What about Game Advisors ?

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    About the only thing I think this would be useful for would be an in-game moderator to clean up WC and gold spam bots. I don't think a link to the GMs would be useful since the GMs in this game aren't capable of doing anything but make cash shop sales.

What is actually needed is a strong voice in china to represent PWI players' interest but a "GA" isn't capable of that.

I also agree with this, things could possibly get done much faster if we had someone like this.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have seen this type of set up in other MMO's and it is a total waste of time.

The people who end up in the positions get so enthralled with their vanity that they quickly switch from representing player views to saying yes to the company and doing whatever it takes to stay in their position. It's amazing how some people will sell their soul for a crappy t-shirt or other tchotchke worth a couple of bucks.

There is not much evidence of actual in game changes (not promises) of PW responding to player feedback that does not involve packs. Want a new pack? They will listen to those ideas.

I guess from a social vanity hobby horse kind of way, it does provide clicky extroverts something to do, but at the expense of getting any meaningful changes implemented.

Look at all the player feedback about the latest SP fiasco, and yet nothing has changed in game other than more packs and more achievement for sale. Until SP is reverted back to the way most of the players want it, I don't see any point is discussing pie in the sky ideas like this.

Add staff to PW, are you kidding? They are too cheap to add decent programmers who could unscramble the spagetti code base, so it makes no sense to add staff to come up with demands for changes PW can not implement because they have no one on staff who can code it.

PW is still fun, but it is that way despite PW's efforts to turn it into a complete Pay to Win scene.
    Just some guy
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    im for this idea implement it 3 per server sounds fine

no pay unless they are not allowed pk r9 +12 i see no problem
  • newagegamer
    newagegamer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hello PW,

I don't know if this exists in PW, but I played another game called -removed- and they have what is called a GA : Game Advisor.

Who is the GA and what's his job ?
    A GA is basically a normal gamer. He has no special item and is not in charge of cash shop nor discipline nor tickets.
    What he does is that he plays and he relays informations directly to the GMs and is in charge of creating a good ambiance within the server to make it a pleasant place to play.

The effect is very clear to me :
    - removed
    - It has a cash shop, with the sales and stuff
    - They make lots of money because removed was up before PWI and still is attracting new gamers (it's the 6th expansion right now, when we are at like 3rd expansion...)
    - I didn't find a single QQ thread in the removed forums complaining about "free to play, pay to win", "how GMs don't give a damn about the community", etc...

It's true that the GMs don't give a damn about the community.
    Maybe we should have GA, so someone cares about us and relays our feedbacks to them so they can see clear in what is missing and what is working well. I do imagine that the GM's job isn't a piece of cake and that it's annoying to deal with QQers all day when you read the forums.
    That's why a GA would be helpful. It will let the GMs focus more on their other stuff.

It's just a suggestion (but don't move it in the suggestions forum, because nobody reads it, even less the GMs and hypothetical CMs). A GM or CM answer would be very welcome.

Drak.

NB : For the lazy butts, here is the first sum up.

Not only would I think this would be a great help, I have seen many people scamming and using bots and it makes me sick to think that people take the fun out of the game to benefit themselves. The GM's though are an issue even if there was GA's added to perfect world they are still reporting to GM's. Now im not saying that the GM's dont care for players or the community because I think they do, they just dont care enough to actually do anything about it, before any GA's where brought into the game GM's would have to be replaced with people who cared 110%
  • newagegamer
    newagegamer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok I think we have a pretty good definition by now :

Primary attributions :
    - Direct link between the players and the GMs and CM
    - Suggestions forum watcher
    ---> Suggestions
    ---> Bugs
    ==> for both suggestions and bugs, their duty is to relay the most realisable fixes to the GMs and give them a priority order

Secondary attributions :
    - WC moderators
    --> moderate the things that are said, the spamming, etc...
    --> give advices when people ask for a GM (they must be knowledgable)

Tools :
    - Chatroom IG
    - Private forum
    - GM's and CM's e-mail adresses (a @perfectworld.com would be awesome b:pleased )
    - Each other's e-mail adresses
    - Limited GMs IG features (if possible)

Choice :
    Either by :
    - Election
    - Application (resume + motivation + interview)

Materialisation :
    On the forums :
    - Special avatar (like mods and GMs)
    - Title (under the avatar)
    In-game :
    - a tag next to or above their IG name
    - special chat color (?)

Compansation :
    - I think Gold would be a nice payment for the performance of such a job, as it equals real life money but without making it another expanse for PWE as Gold can be generated on demand. Frankie ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I think I covered pretty much everything... I will make more sum ups as we go toward a better definition of the job.

Also, I think that there should be a GA Manager, that won't have more attributions nor tools than the others, but that will only make sure the GA system works properly. Like tracking their activity and making sure they don't abuse of the powers given to them.

Keep giving constructive comments ! b:victory

Drak.

Problem with this is payment... there should be no payment otherwise people will be fighting for the position just for the gold and most of them wont even care about the community. You need to find someone who cares for the community 110% and the only way your going find that kind of person is offer them a no-pay job and view them carefully so they don't go good to bad or power hungry.
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    1. How would we pick the game advisors?
    a.Basic standard:They want to do it.

I would like to do this in a year and--
    sign me up i'll do it

b. They are skilled in product development and problem solving.
    Plusses to get them hired above the masses:
    +They are creative.
    +They are skilled in graphic design.(We know everyone loves an awesome signature!)
    +they can solve some of the problems.
    +they have a PWI account or other PWE game account.
    +they do not lose thier flash drives.
    +They see major problems with thing in thier everyday life.

2. What would be the GA's direct line to the GM/CM? Would this then make the opinions of regular players less important?
    Same as every other person:email,telephone,Player Message.No,it would make the problems of regular players MORE important! If something is done about the complaints and suggestions that come in from players, then the suggestions would actually change the game to make it better.Not all suggestions will be taken,though, as some suggestions are outright stupid,are already in effect,or cannot possibly be done.
    3. Would there then need to be a designated way for regular players to be able to reach their Game Advisors?
    Same way as contacting an online GM in game Gear button,Consult an online GA.
    Out of game? Suggestion box and technical support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
    1. How would we pick the game advisors?
    a.Basic standard:They want to do it.

I would like to do this in a year and--

b. They are skilled in product development and problem solving.
    Plusses to get them hired above the masses:
    +They are creative.
    +They are skilled in graphic design.(We know everyone loves an awesome signature!)
    +they can solve some of the problems.
    +they have a PWI account or other PWE game account.
    +they do not lose thier flash drives.
    +They see major problems with thing in thier everyday life.

2. What would be the GA's direct line to the GM/CM? Would this then make the opinions of regular players less important?
    Same as every other person:email,telephone,Player Message.No,it would make the problems of regular players MORE important! If something is done about the complaints and suggestions that come in from players, then the suggestions would actually change the game to make it better.Not all suggestions will be taken,though, as some suggestions are outright stupid,are already in effect,or cannot possibly be done.
    3. Would there then need to be a designated way for regular players to be able to reach their Game Advisors?
    Same way as contacting an online GM in game Gear button,Consult an online GA.
    Out of game? Suggestion box and technical support.

Nice start so far ^^.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    What the heck does skill in graphic design have to do with communicating between the GMs and players?b:puzzled

Also, most of this stuff already describes our current moderators, again making me question why it would be a big issue to add this to our current repertoire, and add some more players to help.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Here are a few things to consider for such a position:

-People will confuse GA's with GM's often, and they already mix up GM's and developers. As such, you can expect a lot of questions regarding bans or bug fixes and as a proper GA you need to explain to them how it works.

Every time.

-You will find a lot of GA's that suddenly quit, that's just the current trend of the game. People are quitting by the dozens. You'd either need to filter through the application process to find people that will stay for a long time (i.e. 1 year minimum playing time before being able to apply) , or you just get a new one every time a GA quits.

-There will be a lot of people that just want the position for prestige (e.g. ''hey look at me you bunch of noobs, I'm a GA! Bow before me!). These are obviously not the kind of people that provide much help, but they're fairly easy to spot through an application.

-There should be some mention of the languages the GA's speak. English should ofcourse be a minimum on the american servers, knowing at least French and German should be required on the French and German servers respectively. It should be known, perhaps through a thread on the forums, through which language(s) you can contact certain GA's.

-People tend to have a lot of alts that they play these days, yet you can't really give all those alts a GA position as that would make things quite messy. The names of all a GA's alts that they actively play should be listed somewhere so that they can be contacted.

-GA's should be active on the forums as well (French and German GA's on their own forums, if they play on those servers).

-Newer GA's can be guided by veteran GA's, you could call those GAV's (Game Advisor Veterans) or GAL's (Game Advisor Leader) or whatever you can come up with.

-Have a few GA's look out for people that fit the job and ask them if they would be willing to join. You'll find a lot more people applying for the position if they feel they have a good chance of getting it.

That's all I could think of, for now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    What the heck does skill in graphic design have to do with communicating between the GMs and players?b:puzzled

Also, most of this stuff already describes our current moderators, again making me question why it would be a big issue to add this to our current repertoire, and add some more players to help.

Well this was originally my opinion, but it seems that people don't like the idea of "forum" mods having any kind of game power (even though it would be easier since they already know us), and having skill in GD is fun xD jk jk, but yea, I think it would be easier to let us have that title then add more people.

-People will confuse GA's and mods with GM's often, and they already mix up GM's and developers. As such, you can expect a lot of questions regarding bans or bug fixes and as a proper GA you need to explain to them how it works.

Fixed for you, however I agree with most of what you said Nowitsawn ^^.
  • krittycat
    edited October 2011
    -There should be some mention of the languages the GA's speak. English should ofcourse be a minimum on the american servers, knowing at least French and German should be required on the French and German servers respectively. It should be known, perhaps through a thread on the forums, through which language(s) you can contact certain GA's.

-GA's should be active on the forums as well (French and German GA's on their own forums, if they play on those servers).

About these two things, referring to the sister servers run by the subsidiary - the GMs there would be the ones to decide whether or not they want to add GAs. Even if the US servers of PWI added GAs to assist the GMs, the EU servers could choose not to. This also works in the reverse.

So I really don't think we need to worry about anything except for the occasional foreign language player who can be semi-effectively translated through Google Translate. Engrish is better than incomprehensible, in my book.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I also kinda agree they should expand the power of mods, but I also think that there should be more mods than there are now if such an idea were to be implemented. There aren't enough for a proper team of GAs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    edited October 2011
    I also kinda agree they should expand the power of mods, but I also think that there should be more mods than there are now if such an idea were to be implemented. There aren't enough for a proper team of GAs.

There would have to (as a previous poster said) be around 3 for each server, each located in different areas, or "scheduled" for different times (personal scheduling). This would enable the GAs to keep reliable service to all parties on the server, not just those within a certain timezone.

And I did leave open the possibility to add more people to the GAs.b:chuckle
    edited October 2011
    About these two things, referring to the sister servers run by the subsidiary - the GMs there would be the ones to decide whether or not they want to add GAs. Even if the US servers of PWI added GAs to assist the GMs, the EU servers could choose not to. This also works in the reverse.

So I really don't think we need to worry about anything except for the occasional foreign language player who can be semi-effectively translated through Google Translate. Engrish is better than incomprehensible, in my book.

Hmm.. well I didn't expect that to be the case, since you connect to both American and European clients through the same client. I highly doubt that, if it ever comes to be, the feature would be rejected on either side, though.

I don't think languages are something to really worry about either, since you pretty much need to know basic English to play this game effectively in the first place. It's just a small thing to consider when/if the system comes together. Talking to someone in your own language is always more comfortable than using choppy English after all.
    There would have to (as a previous poster said) be around 3 for each server, each located in different areas, or "scheduled" for different times (personal scheduling). This would enable the GAs to keep reliable service to all parties on the server, not just those within a certain timezone.

And I did leave open the possibility to add more people to the GAs.b:chuckle

3 per server is a bit of a small number in my opinion, I was personally thinking more along the lines of pretty much as many as you can find. A Game Advisor shouldn't really need any power than knowledge in my eyes, so having a lot of them around wouldn't really be harmful. The only issue would be the amount of contacts the GM's need to keep up with...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
    Well, I think that we can all agree that the GA's don't need to be paid. b:chuckle
    edited October 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Well, I think that we can all agree that the GA's don't need to be paid. b:chuckle

Well I'll go a step further and say a Game Advisor should not be paid. Keeping it voluntary keeps it fun, getting paid for it makes it a job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
    Well I'll go a step further and say a Game Advisor should not be paid. Keeping it voluntary keeps it fun, getting paid for it makes it a job.

XD thanks, that's what I meant lol.

on another note, how would this be implemented, would the GA's have specially made characters with certain "admin" rights (like mute, kick, etc)? Because I don't think they could modify the players original characters, and if they could it would most likely be complicated.
    edited October 2011
    XD thanks, that's what I meant lol.

on another note, how would this be implemented, would the GA's have specially made characters with certain "admin" rights (like mute, kick, etc)? Because I don't think they could modify the players original characters, and if they could it would most likely be complicated.

Well... I'd say they could make a new character and instantly level it to the same level as your main and then you can transfer your main's items to it (bound items would have to be generated by a GM). If someone wants to quit being a GA then you can repeat the process the other way around.

What I recommend for a GA would be:

-A large supply (a stack of like 999 should last forever) of Perfect Horns, which should only be used to broadcast important information. Stuff like Cube PK being bannable and whatnot if someone on the server happens to be doing it.
    Abuse of the function would result in you being stripped from the position of course.

-Instead of the above they could also be able to use red chat.

-Them being registered in a secondary guild with all the other GA's in it and GM's as officers. They would need to be able to join any other normal guild they want as well to so that it doesn't really interfere with gameplay, but such a feature would need to be developed.

-They shouldn't be able to mute people, this would pretty much give them the image of being a buzzkill (let's be fair here, the mods already have this image) they're there to help.

-A permanent chatroom (one that always stays open at #1 even if everybody leaves) where any GA can function as a moderator. These rooms can be used for people to ask for advice (once they've found someone that can help them a GA can take it to whispers to keep the room from getting crowded) or just discussions.

-Because you can't have 2 characters of the same name and you do need to make a new character with GA permissions you could just add a (GA) or [GA] etc. prefix to the name of their main character. This would also identify them in WC (the gm symbol for example doesn't show up there).
    This would only make them unable to send Jones/O'malley's blessings to their charactersb:chuckle

That's all they need I think (unless I can come up with something else b:chuckle).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
    Well... I'd say they could make a new character and instantly level it to the same level as your main and then you can transfer your main's items to it (bound items would have to be generated by a GM). If someone wants to quit being a GA then you can repeat the process the other way around.

Aww, I wanted my character to look the same as my old char xD jk jk

What I recommend for a GA would be:

-A large supply (a stack of like 999 should last forever) of Perfect Horns, which should only be used to broadcast important information. Stuff like Cube PK being bannable and whatnot if someone on the server happens to be doing it.
    Abuse of the function would result in you being stripped from the position of course.

Sounds good.

Meh, idk about red since all the System announcements are in red, unless this is what you were referring to, making announcements

-Them being registered in a secondary guild with all the other GA's in it and GM's as officers. They would need to be able to join any other normal guild they want as well to so that it doesn't really interfere with gameplay, but such a feature would need to be developed.

So being in 2 guilds at once, hmm, sounds like a chalenge.

-They shouldn't be able to mute people, this would pretty much give them the image of being a buzzkill (let's be fair here, the mods already have this image) -> (true) they're there to help.

I sort of agree, however with the lack of GM's on servers, I don't like the idea that people can spam things on WC and common chat, like gold scam sites and what not.

-A permanent chatroom (one that always stays open at #1 even if everybody leaves) where any GA can function as a moderator. These rooms can be used for people to ask for advice (once they've found someone that can help them a GA can take it to whispers to keep the room from getting crowded) or just discussions.

I agree.

-Because you can't have 2 characters of the same name and you do need to make a new character with GA permissions you could just add a (GA) or [GA] etc. prefix to the name of their main character. This would also identify them in WC (the gm symbol for example doesn't show up there).
    This would only make them unable to send Jones/O'malley's blessings to their charactersb:chuckle

Agree.

That's all they need I think (unless I can come up with something else b:chuckle).

Nice, you have some very nice ideas (along with everyone else who posted ideas) here.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Good idea, though I don't really see this happening.

Either hire 1 gm per server of each game or gtfo.

I can see people fighting for this game advisor position just to take advantage of it, good utopia, but not happening like anything else suggested under this forum.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
    Good idea, though I don't really see this happening.

I can see people fighting for this game advisor position just to take advantage of it, good utopia, but not happening like anything else suggested under this forum.

Well that's why Kritty and i mentioned the idea of making the existing moderators GA's, and add more people as needed, and the Mods/GM's will look for people who think that they would make good GA's, - or - make it i vote kind of thing (like with the Moderators), but the final decision down to the GM's, not the players. (just an idea)

Or this.
    edited October 2011
    - or - make it i vote kind of thing (like with the Moderators)

As far as I know only Kritty and Fuzzy were ever elected as mods by voting. I don't think this would work out that well for GA's, though. The forums aren't such a populated place so it doesn't take much to get a fair voting system going, but for an entire server and all its players? I don't think so.

That of course depends on the ''advantages'' the position gives. You don't see that many people fighting for a forum moderator position, do you?

The chances of it ever happening are indeed slim, but out of all the suggestions posted in this forum I think this is the one that has the biggest chance of becoming reality (even though it's still very small).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2011

It has to do with being able to prepare graphics to submit to the company.That way,graphic improvements will get done faster. There are some extremely bad graphics for PWI character hands,witch i will post about later.
    Bad flaw:GAs would be able to sell Perfect horns to players. Abuse of this is too tempting,and therefore this idea would be asking for disaster.

I like Cyan better.
    Secondary Guild? No, not neccicary.Theres such a thing as out-of-play connections such as email,and Core Connect.
    -They shouldn't be able to mute people, this would pretty much give them the image of being a buzzkill (let's be fair here, the mods already have this image) they're there to help.
    b:pleased
    -A permanent chatroom (one that always stays open at #1 even if everybody leaves) where any GA can function as a moderator. These rooms can be used for people to ask for advice (once they've found someone that can help them, a GA can take it to whispers to keep the room from getting crowded) or just discussions.
    b:thanks
    This would only make them unable to send Jones/O'malley's blessings to their characters.

My thouhgts in Cyan.
    I have seen this type of set up in other MMO's and it is a total waste of time.

The people who end up in the positions get so enthralled with their vanity that they quickly switch from representing player views to saying yes to the company and doing whatever it takes to stay in their position. It's amazing how some people will sell their soul for a crappy t-shirt or other tchotchke worth a couple of bucks.

There is not much evidence of actual in game changes (not promises) of PW responding to player feedback that does not involve packs. Want a new pack? They will listen to those ideas.

I guess from a social vanity hobby horse kind of way, it does provide clicky extroverts something to do, but at the expense of getting any meaningful changes implemented.

Look at all the player feedback about the latest SP fiasco, and yet nothing has changed in game other than more packs and more achievement for sale. Until SP is reverted back to the way most of the players want it, I don't see any point is discussing pie in the sky ideas like this.

Add staff to PW, are you kidding? They are too cheap to add decent programmers who could unscramble the spagetti code base, so it makes no sense to add staff to come up with demands for changes PW can not implement because they have no one on staff who can code it.

PW is still fun, but it is that way despite PW's efforts to turn it into a complete Pay to Win scene.

Agreeing again.No pay.Just a job for fun.

If Moderators have only the safety guard role in game and in forum,and do only that, I guess they still have some room for GA-ing. So, shure, mods could be GAs as well.
    This would help repair people's view of the part-time moderator if he or she was a GA as well.b:chuckle
    Unfortunately,some modeators still may be used to trashing people,and would not fit the role.So,choose wisely...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • krittycat
    edited December 2011
    Agreeing again. No pay. Just a job for fun.

If Moderators have only the safety guard role in game and in forum,and do only that, I guess they still have some room for GA-ing. So, shure, mods could be GAs as well.
    This would help repair people's view of the part-time moderator if he or she was a GA as well.b:chuckle
    Unfortunately,some modeators still may be used to trashing people,and would not fit the role.So,choose wisely...

First, this is incorrect. Doing such a job would not be for fun, it would be because one cares about the community enough to be willing to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem. It would be far from fun (trust me, the moderators know how this is already). A GA would constantly be under fire from the players, and would have to be able to deal with players who would rather rail on them then explain the problem that they're having. So no, not a job for fun.

Second, and last, I have yet to see one of the current moderators have a penchant for trashing people. Yes, we have bad days and might respond incorrectly to a situation, but I haven't seen a trend of one of the current moderators trashing players here, and haven't been told of it in-game. I think this is a baseless worry, one which should be more directed toward other GAs added if this ever comes to fruition.
    edited December 2011
    This needs a bump.
    It has to do with being able to prepare graphics to submit to the company.That way,graphic improvements will get done faster. There are some extremely bad graphics for PWI character hands,witch i will post about later.

They hire people to do that. We're talking about pseudo-moderators here, not a company do-it-all slave.
    Bad flaw:GAs would be able to sell Perfect horns to players. Abuse of this is too tempting,and therefore this idea would be asking for disaster.

Gee, I wish the game had this option to bind items to your character so that there is no possible way of trading them, that would be so cool, right?
    I like Cyan better.

Good for you.
    Secondary Guild? No, not neccicary.Theres such a thing as out-of-play connections such as email,and Core Connect.

Following that logic this entire GA system is not necessary either, but it would still help quite a lot if done right, no? It's the same with a system that connects all the GA's and GM's to each other through the game itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary
    Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Naming another game is forbidden in this forum
    Other than this,nothing else to say.

yeah unfortunatly the reason why some people have this rule in effect is cause they know thay too damn lazy to fix bugs and glitches that they scared of losing thier whole client base and cows to milk cause another game that actually cares about thier customers and fix glitches and care when people start scamming other people like selling normal tokens as best lucks thse people should be perma banned but then again pwi dont care all i gotta say is soon pwi will have to care or lose all thier customers go a head and to a seach for new games comming out in 2012 they gonna kick *** and care about thier customers alot more than pwi ever did
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It would be a lot better to have a chosen party of players (by players ONLY) that can do this very job. If the GM's don't give a damn about their own community, then they should allow the community to mediate between both parties. A group that gives the player back a little bit of the power instead of sucking up to some boss. No offence meant, but we all need to move forward, not stick where we are... In some dark past from where we can't really escape. A lot of game producers actually have this and it's the future, working with the community instead of goin your own way and hope people like it enough to pay.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I could see players doing the GA position for free.

There is enough well spoken and on point knowledgeable players in the class forums that are doing most of it for free as is.

I think it would really come down to what the developers would need, be willing to work with, and be willing to implement due to the GA feedback. Without that, GA would just be a focal point for players to complain to, with no throughput outlet for the feedback.

I think it is really awesome two mods are supporting this - but can you guys could speak with the development department on what they are willing to work with? I'm kinda sure that that would be a more productive route to the end goal of this idea.

I imagine they do listen to the populace, but there is a lot of threads and its tough to sort out everything. Plus, I'd assume PWI has an internal testing team. It would not surprise me if they turned down the idea due to lack of need.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • RyokiiX - Heavens Tear
    RyokiiX - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I agree with this! :)

A GA would the spokesperson for the whole playerbase, and if we have at least three per server, with scheduled (maybe) timing, they could be present for 95% of the time. Somehow, I don't think Mods or GMs would be able to be present in several severs 24/7. :3

The people who would be doing this amazing job should be picked by the players first, by forums and in-game votes alike - maybe add a poll for some candidates on the main page, like you did for those 100k Facebook likes? - and then, maybe weeded out by the Mods and GMs. :)

Its a darn well important thing to have a person represent the playerbase - a lot of stuff that needs to be addressed and bugs that are years old and could be fixed within a day or less.

Speaking about how we could differentiate between Game Masters, Mods and Game Advisors: the 'new character' idea Nowitsawn suggested is great! :3 But maybe we could have something like a little red star or symbol next to the GA's name or above the character?

Or there could be a "GA" box next to their name in the chatbox. o_o

But, honestly, this idea is amazing. I forgot which thread I first saw Krisnda's little link in, but I'm glad I did. :D

Oh, and BUMP! :)
  • krisnda
    edited February 2012
    I could see players doing the GA position for free.

There is enough well spoken and on point knowledgeable players in the class forums that are doing most of it for free as is.

I think it would really come down to what the developers would need, be willing to work with, and be willing to implement due to the GA feedback. Without that, GA would just be a focal point for players to complain to, with no throughput outlet for the feedback.

I think it is really awesome two mods are supporting this - but can you guys could speak with the development department on what they are willing to work with? I'm kinda sure that that would be a more productive route to the end goal of this idea.

I imagine they do listen to the populace, but there is a lot of threads and its tough to sort out everything. Plus, I'd assume PWI has an internal testing team. It would not surprise me if they turned down the idea due to lack of need.
    I would Love for this to be implemented, but idk as of now.

And for the comment about the GM's not caring about the game, how do you think the GA system would even go through, magic? They would have to talk to the Devs (or think of it themselves), and implement it.