Wtf is a full attack cleric?

1235»

Comments

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Im just gonna write "lol" now.

No, i have not seen futurelord in a tw faction, if he was in one he probably got kicked the night of tw.
    Yes, i have seen him pk. His attitude is like "wtf mfer you dare to question my ability ah ima demon spark your *** all the way to the next century" Oh look he died. Futurelord that is. I remember 2 attempts that he did on me with that attitude. Failed of course.

Thats all i remember.

Kthxbyeb:bye
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Uh wooow, I missed a lot, and I honestly think everyone on this thread is overreacting to Futurelord being a cleric that is able to PK.

Although my cleric is stuck on a PvE server, TW is still something I enjoy partaking event in, and that includes PKing in it. CLERIC KILLING IN TW? BLASPHEMY! Seriously, wtf is wrong with that? Not every TW is going to be srsbsns. Not every player you're up against is R9+18000 barb with 247893870 health fully buffed and invoked. Those guys are better off being killed by the rest of your faction, yes, but there are some players who you're either smarter or better geared than, or both, and that's when I can decide whether I want to PK them myself or not. In a server as small as mine, you get away with that because you end up TW-ing against the same people, and you begin to recognize their playing style and also their capabilities/disabilities. To say that there is no room for DD cleric? Lol, this is a game for crying out loud, and TW is probably the most fun aspect of this entire game as it is. Yes, it's important to win I suppose, but if a cleric can lash out decent DD, why can't he PK? I only have the Nirvana weapon myself, but I still DD in TW. That doesn't automatically mean my whole squad dies and I have forsaken them. Some of us clerics kind of know that you don't have to pick JUST ATTACK or JUST SUPPORT when you're in a squad, you can do both. A barb in my squad getting attacked by... let's say one average geared sin: R8+5, is not going to be needing constant heals. You throw 1-3 IHs, depending on how strong your IH heals for, and he's good. You can then proceed to 'help' wipe out the sin. That's still a way to 'support' your squad. Everyone else who's saying in their head: what about the rest of your squad dumbo. Well, obviously the rest of my squad and their health is doing fine if I decide to help DD, otherwise I wouldn't have done so.

A lot of you guys, you all take this game way waaay too seriously, taking it to a whole 'nother level, and I seriously pity some of you, being a f2p player myself. "Important" TWs yes, I'll play the part of the cata-cleric since I just happen to be better geared than the rest of the clerics in my current faction. Not that that's anyone's fault or I'm tooting my own horn, I've just been playing on the server longer and we don't have that many clerics that cashshop in Ascend. It's just the way things are at present; it is what it is. But, when we have less "important" TWs, I'll request to be in attack / defense squads so that I can partake in DD. Most likely the rest of you don't do this because everyone here seems too scared to PK as a cleric or something because all you do is support 24/7 and that's all you know how to do. Fine by me, I don't care, but you all can go look for yourself on my server. My faction just happens to own roughly half the map at present, so we do get small faction ganks from time to time, and they are FUN. I will DD in them because it's FUN. FUNNN! :D
  • ArtiIIery - Harshlands
    ArtiIIery - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    PKing with a cleric is such a ****ing crapshoot, I'd rather just roll another class if I want to **** around and DD.

Oh wait. I'm in the process of doing that right now.
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    PKing with a cleric is such a ****ing crapshoot, I'd rather just roll another class if I want to **** around and DD.

Oh wait. I'm in the process of doing that right now.

Then just cop out and PK with a sin if you want it that easy, because it really is that easy.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    stuff :D
    your sig is nice @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MyCatShop - Dreamweaver
    MyCatShop - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This thread is still going? Wtf...
    Wtf! I am level 11! Hear me roar!! b:laugh
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Is a nice sig though, very bling :)
    PWI b:bye
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All I know is they keep their rez at level one :o
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All I know is they keep their rez at level one :o

Yes, that's true. Unfortunately, the silly skill-restrictive mindset of "Full Attack" should have died back in 2009.

I am surprised at the frequency with which this type of topic still pops up.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited November 2011
    Yes, that's true. Unfortunately, the silly skill-restrictive mindset of "Full Attack" should have died back in 2009.

I am surprised at the frequency with which this type of topic still pops up.
    ohai its the decus ;O
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    ohai its the decus ;O

Hola, chica :3
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited November 2011
    Damn you're back D:
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Damn you're back D:

Such a lovely reception.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Such a lovely reception.

I know, I've been working on my people skills XD its lvl -9 atm
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    I know, I've been working on my people skills XD its lvl -9 atm

You're being too generous on yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    True but demon skills are so expensive, I can't really afford to be an endgame **** atm XD
    Nice to see you back though, thought you had dropped off the map a while back.

Ooo I saw this thing in a magazine a while ago as well about a star being eaten by a black hole. My question is this, if a blackholes gravity is so strong that it can pull in light, and Xrays are radio waves, and radio waves are a form of invisable light (to the human eye), how does an event that like produce Xrays that reach earth for us to see it with a spectrum analyser thingy (yeah I don't know how to spell that either). Just curious, the picture looked pretty, but I'm calling bs, any ideas?
    edited December 2011
    True but demon skills are so expensive, I can't really afford to be an endgame **** atm XD
    Nice to see you back though, thought you had dropped off the map a while back.

Ooo I saw this thing in a magazine a while ago as well about a star being eaten by a black hole. My question is this, if a blackholes gravity is so strong that it can pull in light, and Xrays are radio waves, and radio waves are a form of invisable light (to the human eye), how does an event that like produce Xrays that reach earth for us to see it with a spectrum analyser thingy (yeah I don't know how to spell that either). Just curious, the picture looked pretty, but I'm calling bs, any ideas?
    cause anything with motion produces some sort of energy?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    cause anything with motion produces some sort of energy?

This sounds like a good enough reason, though I am not really qualified to make any sort of claims on the subject. My physics background rests firmly on the surface of the planet and even so, it's pretty poor in terms of scope...

However, keep in mind that black holes emit massive amounts of radiation. To quote my good friend Dr. Wikipedia, "Quantum mechanics predicts that black holes emit radiation like a black body with a finite temperature. This temperature is inversely proportional to the mass of the black hole, making it difficult to observe this radiation for black holes of stellar mass or greater." That's really about the scope of my understanding on the topic without digging into the literature, and it's a little late for me to do so right now. If it really interests you, I can suggest some good books on the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like a good enough reason, though I am not really qualified to make any sort of claims on the subject. My physics background rests firmly on the surface of the planet and even so, it's pretty poor in terms of scope...

However, keep in mind that black holes emit massive amounts of radiation. To quote my good friend Dr. Wikipedia, "Quantum mechanics predicts that black holes emit radiation like a black body with a finite temperature. This temperature is inversely proportional to the mass of the black hole, making it difficult to observe this radiation for black holes of stellar mass or greater." That's really about the scope of my understanding on the topic without digging into the literature, and it's a little late for me to do so right now. If it really interests you, I can suggest some good books on the subject.

I can understand how something with motion would produce energy, but how does that work in a pure vacuum under the effect of a massive gavitational field, would it be an emmited energy or a force potential like an atmospheric object under gravity on earth. I hate space, it hurts my head, still its nice to look at, especially if you know a little about it, even if its not much. O.O would love to see a real pulsar optically (human visable light band) upclose before I die. Obviously with a camera or something XD
    edited December 2011
    I can understand how something with motion would produce energy, but how does that work in a pure vacuum under the effect of a massive gavitational field, would it be an emmited energy or a force potential like an atmospheric object under gravity on earth. I hate space, it hurts my head, still its nice to look at, especially if you know a little about it, even if its not much. O.O would love to see a real pulsar optically (human visable light band) upclose before I die. Obviously with a camera or something XD
    cause light, xrays, radio, etc waves all work at a diff. frequency so their vacuumed 'speed' is also diff? that would be clue enough for scientists.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wow, lots of things people still get wrong it seems.

FAC as used in PWI, is derived from Cayeon's guide to a full attack cleric. It is actually one of the best guides that was on this site, and had complete rundowns for everything you needed to know. Skill use, formulas for damage, damage comparisons between builds: it had it all.

FAC was always pure magic arcane, 1 str 9 mag every 2. For everyone who actually read the whole guide, and not the morons who read part and then argued back in 08/09, it was basically all attack skills maxed out, IH maxed, Purify at lvl 5+. The other heals and group buffs/bubbles were ignored. This is one of the areas that caused alot of people to cry so much.

Instead of proving they could think, and make use of the guide and modify it to still be able to heal, they pointed how "useless" a FAC was and that the build was terrible. Never mind that FAC-based clerics were able to solo their TT weapon at lvl 62-64, could out-level any other cleric build, and were very strong in TW at the time. And because people wanted healers in their squad, they complained when they couldn't get them and blamed the guide for people not wanting to heal.

The main thing was it gave very detailed steps on how to go about leveling without having to always play heal slave in FBs to level up. No vit cleric came close to leveling as fast as a knowledgeable pure mag back in the day, or were as self-sufficient. Because of this, they had better survivability in TWs. Who would survive better, a lvl 76 FAC or a lvl 5x-6X vit with lower level gear? Obviously the FAC that was one shotting everyone.

Nowadays it doesn't really matter as much, since everyone gets end game as fast as they can spend the money to do it regardless of build. But there used to be very lively debates in the cleric forums about skill use, build, and leveling strats that had full mag being clearly superior. So anyone really curious can just look back to posts from summer of 09 and before pretty much.

And thunderball is an aggro ***** skill. I grabbed aggro just using that on CD while spamming heals. That was among equal level group with +2 average refines though.

I still have that guide saved on my desktop from when I snagged it before it was taken down. Even for non-FAC, that thing has some really great info.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited December 2011
    cause light, xrays, radio, etc waves all work at a diff. frequency so their vacuumed 'speed' is also diff? that would be clue enough for scientists.

Sure its not wave length too? If it were under that much gravitational force would it not effect their frequency and wave lengths? You know like stretch them and slow them down.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Wow, lots of things people still get wrong it seems.

There is nothing to "get wrong." I read that guide and used it as a guide for my formative time as a lowbie cleric. And, guess what? TT was next to impossible to run because my friends always hated losing exp and we couldn't do much without BB. Did I grow and adapt? Yes.

It may have been a valuable guide for learning about skills in a day when not many existed, but it is heavily biased and written from the perspective of someone who never even got far in terms of early PWI endgame content. (Cayeon never even made it to 89 and has no bearing suggesting culti choices having never experienced it!) It deprecated the heaven/sage skill choices and was fairly misleading in terms of PvP. Perhaps the most valuable info it had was about armor choices and stat distributions.

To be a useful tool for learning, a guide has to be useful. There are plenty of guides now (though granted, only two then) on skill descriptions, stat distributions, and general squad roles. My original statement still stands: "Full-Attack" as a mindset was highly restrictive, and that guide and the subsequent terms used therein should have died when it ceased to be relevant, which was late 2009.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Full attack cleric might make a comeback when the new cleric metal mage skills get introduced! b:chuckle

(Hmm not sure exactly what you're asking about the xray thing stacy. Electromagnetic radiation (xrays, light etc) can be emitted away as long as its not inside the blackhole's event horizon. That you've seen a picture of the event proves this in fact b:cute)
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
    edited December 2011
    more n more oldies popping up b:thanks
    Sure its not wave length too? If it were under that much gravitational force would it not effect their frequency and wave lengths? You know like stretch them and slow them down.
    well... its kinda hard to imagine diff. things getting affected at exactly the same rate
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    more n more oldies popping up b:thanks

well... its kinda hard to imagine diff. things getting affected at exactly the same rate

daww who you calling old? =[

Gravity cant slow down electromagnetic radiation-(its speed is constant in a vacuum) but it can red shift it though (-> longer wavelength). I remember when I used come on forums for a break from physics lectures. b:faint
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
    edited December 2011
    daww who you calling old? =[

Gravity cant slow down electromagnetic radiation-(its speed is constant in a vacuum) but it can red shift it though (-> longer wavelength). I remember when I used come on forums for a break from physics lectures. b:faint

Don't Blackholes have magnetic fields? Sure that wouldn't effect electromagnetic radiation?

As far as that picture goes I'm still calling bs, I bet that its just what they though happened and then made a picture of what they thought it would have looked like.

More info pls, the real topic in this thread is null anyway. Needs to die, better to feed me instead XD