Wtf is a full attack cleric?

Options

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    why so much hate on the vit cleric? lol decepti said it best... the game has changed and back in the day, vit clerics were the way to go. with all the options (shards and refines) now... sure pure has more benefits but...

i have 100 vit and... it has never hindered me as a cleric, 100 magic points missing and i can still heal better than most of the server... if you cant then you're doing it wrong

i have people who would rather have me heal because i can survive and know how to heal... i dont need the highest magic attack, i utilize all my skills and make them work. but then again... the game isnt hard lol xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    why so much hate on the vit cleric? lol decepti said it best... the game has changed and back in the day, vit clerics were the way to go. with all the options (shards and refines) now... sure pure has more benefits but...

i have 100 vit and... it has never hindered me as a cleric, 100 magic points missing and i can still heal better than most of the server... if you cant then you're doing it wrong

i have people who would rather have me heal because i can survive and know how to heal... i dont need the highest magic attack, i utilize all my skills and make them work. but then again... the game isnt hard lol xD

Imporant on yellow, well said. I support this build still with all the crazy gear around.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol , that reminds me of a cleric i saw in Silverpool Rezzing a guy then killing him again , twice or something

A cleric needs to lvl all skills to be competitive and able to cope with any situation.

Ofc some take this too literally and even lvl thunderball

I lol'd because when I was a nubby I actually got lvl 11 thunderball.

Only use Ive ever found is slapping it on **** geared sins before they stealth and run, and watching them pop up dead a few feet away.

I want my coin back b:angry

Edit: Oh and I have no clue why the hate'n on vit build clerics. If the squad requires a 100% pure mag build cleric to stay alive something is srsly wrong.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    As a demon cleric, my demon thunderball (yes, it's level 11) does more damage than demon plume shot, granted that it does take a longer time to channel. I use it in succession in PvE after demon wield thunder which gives a debuff on the mob automatically of 30% less metal resistance, which means my thunderball now does even more damage.

Because a cleric's best attack is cyclone or wield thunder (if mob isn't mag. def buffed), the best way to deal the most damage over time for my cleric is to chain these attacks:
    cyclone -> wield thunder -> cyclone -> thunderball -> cyclone -> wield thunder -> cyclone -> thunderball
    also because these are all demon skills, my thunderball lasts 12 seconds on the mob, which will finish almost exactly as the next thunderball skill is chained, so I'm not losing any damage overtime since the skills don't stack.

In PvP it is often used against cata barbs in TW or against any melee class if either of the other magic attacks (cyclone+wield thunder) are under cooldown, which they probably will be a lot. Having a 3rd MAGIC attack under the belt is really nice.

Against normal PvP, after putting the enemy to sleep/seal, it's best to channel a thunderball to make them waste their AD/expel because the skill looks so similar to tempest/wield thunder. Or, if they've used up apoth/invoke, thunderball will still deal the amount of damage it's supposed to deal overtime.

Thunderball is NOT a useless skill, despite clerics and new clerics being told over and over again that it is. The magic difference is about ~7509 more than plume shot damage.

But I think you've made up your mind already about this skill. I don't know why I bothered, honestly.

let me explain how TW works with an Cleric.

Your job goes as follows:

1) keep yourself/squad alive
    2) keep yourself/squad buffed
    if 1 & 2 are going great, then you will:
    3) rezz allied eps
    4) Throw heals on allied players if you have time
    5) sleep/debuff/seal your squad's target
    6) sleep/debuff/seal targets near you that have been called out in vent
    7) if nobody is called out you will sleep/seal any enemies you can tab
    8) If there are no enemies, look for allies who need buffs

DDing isn't anywhere on that list.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

If you can survive and you know how to heal, imagine what you could do with stronger heals.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but I remember 2+ years ago and the best clerics I knew then were pure magic. Nowadays having so much vit while still being able to get 10k+ hp endgame as a pure magic build is kind of pointless, especially when you'd have stronger heals for better survivability and clerics have 3 shields, multiple opponent control skills, and genies. 1k more hp isn't going to make much difference but it'll make a noticeable heal difference.

You are arguing to give up magic and have player skill to heal. I'm arguing to give up vitality and use player skill to survive, and if you look at the numbers the loss of vitality and increase of magic attack would probably help you survive better.

Just saying, vit builds are squishier.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you can survive and you know how to heal, imagine what you could do with stronger heals.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but I remember 2+ years ago and the best clerics I knew then were pure magic. Nowadays having so much vit while still being able to get 10k+ hp endgame as a pure magic build is kind of pointless, especially when you'd have stronger heals for better survivability and clerics have 3 shields, multiple opponent control skills, and genies. 1k more hp isn't going to make much difference but it'll make a noticeable heal difference.

You are arguing to give up magic and have player skill to heal. I'm arguing to give up vitality and use player skill to survive, and if you look at the numbers the loss of vitality and increase of magic attack would probably help you survive better.

Just saying, vit builds are squishier.

there has been nothing to make me restat- if someone ever told me that i need stronger heals then sure... i might consider it lol but no one has ever complained about my magic attack, etc.
    the best clerics i knew were a hybrid of some sort, pure magic clerics were rare especially if you did TW or were in a TW faction
    sure now... i can get the survivability from my gear like i still have and 1k hp wouldnt make that much difference... but back then when flawless shards were for the rich, immaculates were for the cash shoppers... 1k hp meant a whole lot of difference.
    the differences that you are proposing that i gives up is what you are asking me to do is change my playstyle lol why change something that isnt broken. and especially why change now...
    i dont knock pure clerics so why knock vit clerics? i think pure clerics are great and like i said before have a ton of benefits. i just dont regret my decision and havent yet. i can do everything i need to do with my cleric so... meh.
    i love my cleric and wouldnt change it for the world...

meh... i dont care enough to keep argueing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't know why everyone hates everyone else's builds. I'm pure magic, and I can see the advantages and disadvantages to being vit hybrid and/or pure magic. There were 3 Clerics I always looked up to (and are rather reputable on RT) 1 was pure magic, 1 vit hybrid, and 1 heavy vit. All 3 were superb clerics who did great in both instances and TW. Hell, I know an LA cleric who does a wonderful job as well.

It all comes down to your own playstyle, IMO. You can't decide how others prefer to approach the job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    there has been nothing to make me restat- if someone ever told me that i need stronger heals then sure... i might consider it lol but no one has ever complained about my magic attack, etc.
    the best clerics i knew were a hybrid of some sort, pure magic clerics were rare especially if you did TW or were in a TW faction
    sure now... i can get the survivability from my gear like i still have and 1k hp wouldnt make that much difference... but back then when flawless shards were for the rich, immaculates were for the cash shoppers... 1k hp meant a whole lot of difference.
    the differences that you are proposing that i gives up is what you are asking me to do is change my playstyle lol why change something that isnt broken. and especially why change now...
    i dont knock pure clerics so why knock vit clerics? i think pure clerics are great and like i said before have a ton of benefits. i just dont regret my decision and havent yet. i can do everything i need to do with my cleric so... meh.
    i love my cleric and wouldnt change it for the world...

meh... i dont care enough to keep argueing

Didn't mean to insult your build, there. Vit has a use on clerics, but as you pointed out it was to cover low refines and bad shards 2+ years ago. It still has a use today for people who can't afford good refines, shards, and don't have the skill to play a cleric well. Basically, I see vitality as a crutch to cover that. You can also make the argument that its good for pvp or not.

I've played with you and know you're a good cleric with high refines and so your vit is just "fluff" imo since you don't need it there as a crutch. It's kind of wasted hp and is there for comfort, kind of like my barb keeps 75 vitality just for comfort even though he is refined enough I can go pure strength. Vit in my build allows me to be a little lazier when I play. Speaking of my barb, I've seen some high vit clerics that really needed better heals. They were basically useless in the squad and I suggested less vit more magic and they've flipped and rage quit, as clerics often do. That's why I will rarely suggest things to other cleric's on how I think they can improve (for instance had a 101 cleric stacking me with Blessing of the Purehearted in BH Metal tonight...). After the vit cleric rage quit because I saw she had something like 7k hp, 6.6k mp and a +2 TT99 weapon and made my suggestion politely, I got a sin instead. Better, more reliable heals. And clerics wonder why some squads run without them.

My in-game wife plays a vit heavy cleric with 40-50 vit. I think it's an excellent idea for her. Like I said, it has its place. She's a good cleric but not always the fastest to heal herself, and her refines won't cover slow reactions. She needs the vit now and plans on removing it endgame, and its a good gameplan. Cleric's heal and the more she add's to magic the better she heal's, but a dead cleric provides lousy heals so she has enough vit to make that not happen.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My in-game wife plays a vit heavy cleric with 40-50 vit.

Err..."vit heavy"? 40-50 vit is not a lot of vit for a cleric. It's pretty normal, really. A lot of vit would be somewhere in the 200+ range which I've rarely seen.

The majority of clerics that actually do have vit statted seem to be between about 50-100 vit though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Didn't mean to insult your build, there. Vit has a use on clerics, but as you pointed out it was to cover low refines and bad shards 2+ years ago. It still has a use today for people who can't afford good refines, shards, and don't have the skill to play a cleric well. Basically, I see vitality as a crutch to cover that. You can also make the argument that its good for pvp or not.

I've played with you and know you're a good cleric with high refines and so your vit is just "fluff" imo since you don't need it there as a crutch. It's kind of wasted hp and is there for comfort, kind of like my barb keeps 75 vitality just for comfort even though he is refined enough I can go pure strength. Vit in my build allows me to be a little lazier when I play. Speaking of my barb, I've seen some high vit clerics that really needed better heals. They were basically useless in the squad and I suggested less vit more magic and they've flipped and rage quit, as clerics often do. That's why I will rarely suggest things to other cleric's on how I think they can improve (for instance had a 101 cleric stacking me with Blessing of the Purehearted in BH Metal tonight...). After the vit cleric rage quit because I saw she had something like 7k hp, 6.6k mp and a +2 TT99 weapon and made my suggestion politely, I got a sin instead. Better, more reliable heals. And clerics wonder why some squads run without them.

My in-game wife plays a vit heavy cleric with 40-50 vit. I think it's an excellent idea for her. Like I said, it has its place. She's a good cleric but not always the fastest to heal herself, and her refines won't cover slow reactions. She needs the vit now and plans on removing it endgame, and its a good gameplan. Cleric's heal and the more she add's to magic the better she heal's, but a dead cleric provides lousy heals so she has enough vit to make that not happen.

i didnt take it as an insult xDD <3 im just too lazy to restat so i spend time trying to justify why i still have my vit and its honestly because i just havent needed to, i know that your intentions of pointing out the flaws of a vit cleric are in good taste. but there are some who dont get that... and then get an attitude about vit clerics, etc. and automatically consider them fail. which was the only reason why i presented the opposite arguement and gave my opinion.

no worries =^_^= to each his own
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It doesn't even matter anymore =/
    PWI b:bye
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    5 aps or wut? Im confused...

best full attack cleric is to stay arcane ok..these LA freaks are fail lolololol most of them have less mag than a dang lvl 92 cleric..wich is sad....and its kinda hard for a cleric anyways to be constant attacking unless there is anotehr cleric in the party..and also the clerics are slow as hell even with - channel gear...they will lose flow in the party and cause many deaths then they get griped at and they rage quit party.

hey im just going by experience..

and whats a "full attack cleric" use anyways when u have -aps in the bunch..ijs
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you find alot of attack based clerics go high vit and high refines..but you can be pur magic too..theres not a real set build for a cleric :P mine is 115 vit 56 str. and rest into magic..but I have refiens to balance out the points i added to vit. it all depends on how much money your willing to spend i supposeb:thanks
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cleric shud heal,buff,puri not attack pl0X b:shutup
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Ghrotch - Heavens Tear
    Ghrotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cleric shud heal,buff,puri not attack pl0X b:shutup

But, But its so boring to call for help with every qest that u need to kill mobs for. b:cry
    And what if I want to go and help some low lvl in a FB/BH. b:cry Im not alowed to do it solo for em b:worried
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    let me explain how TW works with an Cleric.

Your job goes as follows:

1) keep yourself/squad alive
    2) keep yourself/squad buffed
    if 1 & 2 are going great, then you will:
    3) rezz allied eps
    4) Throw heals on allied players if you have time
    5) sleep/debuff/seal your squad's target
    6) sleep/debuff/seal targets near you that have been called out in vent
    7) if nobody is called out you will sleep/seal any enemies you can tab
    8) If there are no enemies, look for allies who need buffs

DDing isn't anywhere on that list.

To say that a cleric will never DD during TW, lol... You must be base buffer.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To say that a cleric will never DD during TW, lol... You must be base buffer.

Lol @ that reply... you must be another metal mage .
  • prismastic
    prismastic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    heavy ep and i love it b:pleased

and proud to be one
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    and this is he
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol @ that reply... you must be another metal mage .

Aren't we all?
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Aren't we all?

have fun DDing

Im sure the other faction appreciates you auto targeting yourself when you attack. I sure did when I played archer b:laugh
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Aren't we all?

Errrr... no b:laugh
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    But, But its so boring to call for help with every qest that u need to kill mobs for. b:cry
    And what if I want to go and help some low lvl in a FB/BH. b:cry Im not alowed to do it solo for em b:worried

I had a cleric friend exactly like your mentality..he always ends up rezzing us lowbies when he solos.

Bottom line: cleric= heals

Hope that sticks.b:shutup
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    :3 I'm all for clerics attacking...

...as long as healing/puri/rezzing/buffing is a priority first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You cleric's can attack....but only now that my claws are +10 and BP works just fine in keeping my hp up b:cute
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ... stupid.

Play some other class if you don't want to heal lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I couldnt resist coming to this thread with all the no DDing **** im hearing.

My rules:

If you can solo something, solo it, if you are a cleric, solo it with your own heals and laugh at others who need help from clerics.

Rich cleric > Anyone else when it comes to survivability. (Pvp against rich sins and harpy wraith dont count)

If you have the power to 1-3 shot a barb, by all means DD in TW or any other pvp related location, as long as your killing people and not the one getting killed your still doing your main job, and thats KEEPING PEOPLE ALIVE be it via heals or getting rid of the reason you need to heal in the first place >.>

Stop, Drop, and Heal! Your a cleric! You shouldn't be dying by the hands of any boss or mob...or equally geared player if you know how to use your advantages to...your advantage!

To the poster above me, Your the type of person to sell your kids because you cant afford to feed then and pay the bills? Whats logical and whats preferred are two different things, we clerics are clerics because we like being clerics, not because we want it to be easy. (Sins) Now...Watch as i tank and solo more stuff with my awesome survivability because i can heal myself while you rely on your herc.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    mmm yes a tw needs a cleric that can dd over a psy -sarcasm-
    Cleric's job is simple. Keep your squad alive and let dd's be dd's.

So max 3shot you say to a barb? So lets estimate, so you wasted 6 seconds on someone and got your whole squad killed in tw for 1 kill? Is it worth it? no it isn't. And what if you found yourself against a 40k hp'd barb? You gonna sit there dd-ing your *** off to kill him when you and I both know you can't. Not to mention he is charmed.

I suck at pk because all i know what to do is heal. I can't even bring myself to DD in a normal squad.

Tw has no need for dd clerics, get with the program :3

Poster above me gonna say "i nearly killed you though" yes you did almost, when i wasn't prepared and you decided to spark attack while i was talking with people.
  • AirSonic - Sanctuary
    AirSonic - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle

who would want a DD full attack cleric in their tw squad?
    Better have another cleric who actually heals and purify's sooo squad stays alive. b:angry

In all seriousness, the most effective way to play cleric is stay maxed range, spam heal and purify all the r9 archers/psychics in tw and let them do all the DD-ing. Anything a cleric can kill mages/psys can kill 2-3times faster. Ofc a cleric can get away with DD-ing in a noob tw where everyone is still wearing tt90-99 barely refined gears. But when your up against sooo many r9 archers and sins just stay away from them and let the rest of the faction deal with them. It gets annoying watching the people you just killed get rezzed and rebuffed right after you killed them b:angry
  • jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    mmm yes a tw needs a cleric that can dd over a psy -sarcasm-
    Cleric's job is simple. Keep your squad alive and let dd's be dd's.

So max 3shot you say to a barb? So lets estimate, so you wasted 6 seconds on someone and got your whole squad killed in tw for 1 kill? Is it worth it? no it isn't. And what if you found yourself against a 40k hp'd barb? You gonna sit there dd-ing your *** off to kill him when you and I both know you can't. Not to mention he is charmed.

I suck at pk because all i know what to do is heal. I can't even bring myself to DD in a normal squad.

Tw has no need for dd clerics, get with the program :3

Poster above me gonna say "i nearly killed you though" yes you did almost, when i wasn't prepared and you decided to spark attack while i was talking with people.

Who says you can't do both.. If you can keep your squad alive, why not DD a little....
    (Not all TW's are that hard core anyway..)
    But OFC healing/puri/res/buffs DO come first

So you're saying because YOU can't bring yourself to DD all other clerics shouldnt either?

Have you done any instances at all with 5 aps squads with BP? Cause if you had, you would realise that clerics barely need to heal most times.. so what do you expect from clerics then, to stand around and look pretty? or to spam heals on someone who obviously doesnt need them?
    no ty, i'd rather use dimensional/elemental seal and DD some.