Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Options

Comments

• billomatic
    billomatic Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I am 99 light veno at the moment, thinking of the end-game build. I like the idea of HA veno very much, but one thing troubles me - considering the 8 and 9 rank gear, doesnt the HA build seem kinda obsolete? there s no rank gear for heavy fox at all, the only thing left - nirvana, which cannot even be compared to r9. the devs seem just to force pepole use the arcane build...
    so now i am full of doubts whether go heavy or not.
    any opinions r welcome...
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't even know how many pieces of equip do ranks give :P but making a HA/AA hybrid could solve the problem. You could use rank AA robe and legins, and add wrists and boots from some high-quality HA set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Rank 8 gear for veno is arcane top and legs, elemental belt and pataka; rank 9 is arcane top, legs, feet and arms, elemental belt and pataka.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    Ouka - Heavens Tear Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    billomatic wrote: »
    I am 99 light veno at the moment, thinking of the end-game build. I like the idea of HA veno very much, but one thing troubles me - considering the 8 and 9 rank gear, doesnt the HA build seem kinda obsolete? there s no rank gear for heavy fox at all, the only thing left - nirvana, which cannot even be compared to r9. the devs seem just to force pepole use the arcane build...
    so now i am full of doubts whether go heavy or not.
    any opinions r welcome...

Honestly R9 for the veno isn't worth the money even R8 isnt worth the money. For arcane venos tt 99 and nirvana arcane are still superior to the R8 armer and there are many superior weapons avaiable instead of R8 pataka one being the R6 mag sword which due to the increase of badages of bravery that poppped up during the "ghost of christmas packs" sale made the R6 weapons cheaper to aquire. The high end mag attack of a +10 beefhoof slicer might be slightly lower then a high end of a +10 R8 pataka but the add ons the R6 mag sword gives are much superior to the Pataka's add ons.

Now back to the armour. R8 gives a slight bit of magic and a slight bit of channeling on the chest piece. Whoopty-doo channeling.... You being a Light armer veno and me being a HA veno. In the case of PVP youde probly want the increased survivability from your LA just like i want the increased Survivability from my Nirvana HA.

As for R9 if you have enough money when the sale was on to get R9 Don't get it on your veno, make a character that would benifit more from it. such as a bm, a barb, sin, or archer.
    ouka - 101 HA veno - " Squeek, I'm A Fox!"

ouka__ - 103 vit barb- "Nom Nom I'm A Panda!"

People need to learn how to control their stupid
  • Susukos - Lost City
    Susukos - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nice guide
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Pray tell me oh miss omnipotent vit-arcane or full arcane venomancer, how inferior is my veno's build compared to yours? I'm still working on a few pieces of TT99 as you can see. You want channelling, my veno has it. You want m- atk, my veno has it with only a level 90 magic sword. You want p-atk, my veno has it. You want survivability, my veno has it. You want p-def, my veno has it. You want m-def, my veno has it. So pray tell, how inferior is my veno's build?

In full heavy setup http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=890aefe9fc2d25f8

In full arcane setup http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=abb0f41e8ab8775a
    wow, fully buffed on each of those builds, your arcane build only does about 300~ more min and max magic damage, way to go HA build <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lizrau wrote: »
    wow, fully buffed on each of those builds, your arcane build only does about 300~ more min and max magic damage, way to go HA build <3

This is the truth.

The build really doesn't shine until later, though. I abandoned PW for the longest time and only came back when I heard they finally made a good decision for once (erasing the monopoly on TW, making the rewards worthwhile again), and I wondered if people are still working on this build.

95+ is when it shines. You know, when you do the exact same damage in human form as an ordinary veno but have PDEF to back you up.

I hope this build is becoming more accepted. Last I was here, it was a "I need to see it to believe it" thing.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I hope this build is becoming more accepted. Last I was here, it was a "I need to see it to believe it" thing.

There are always people who think it's stupid, even some veno's think that way. But most people respect this build. Most important is that it's compatible with your playstyle and that you have fun with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There are always people who think it's stupid, even some veno's think that way. But most people respect this build. Most important is that it's compatible with your playstyle and that you have fun with it.

Absolutely. b:chuckle
  • Solaraura - Heavens Tear
    Solaraura - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This will be a fun build to try out.

I'm up for a challenge with a 1-79 HA build, but I'm still working hard to learn the game mechanics as I play. My old barb is bit higher than the current one I'm posting on, just so you know.

It's nerving to pull off such, but maybe Arcane is better in the long run. That I can't decide, but I know I'll be encouraged to go Arcane ;-)
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This will be a fun build to try out.

I'm up for a challenge with a 1-79 HA build, but I'm still working hard to learn the game mechanics as I play. My old barb is bit higher than the current one I'm posting on, just so you know.

It's nerving to pull off such, but maybe Arcane is better in the long run. That I can't decide, but I know I'll be encouraged to go Arcane ;-)

My main veno is level 100. I made this one HA/AA with up-to-date wep and nearly up-to-date armor. I made a thread with the stat points for level 15-50. So just search the next 3 pages if you want a bit of help.

EDIT: Sadly, one of my faction mates on my main veno was why are you making another veno? Then I questioned myself and found I didn't really want to go through it all again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    restat your main >:|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    EDIT: Sadly, one of my faction mates on my main veno was why are you making another veno? Then I questioned myself and found I didn't really want to go through it all again.

If you're questioning it...
    restat your main >:|

This. :P

Although I guess that means I won't be helping you with culti any more. b:sad
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you're questioning it...

This. :P

Although I guess that means I won't be helping you with culti any more. b:sad

You can always help me with my wizzies cultib:avoid, should be finished the 39 one soon. Then the level 49 bossesb:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can always help me with my wizzies cultib:avoid, should be finished the 39 one soon. Then the level 49 bossesb:lipcurl

Sure thing. I might be on my sin though, trying to push her up to 100. Ping me in game anytime. If you still have the name. :P
  • felozial12
    felozial12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My current build in PW-BR:

http://pwcalc.com/80b1c97009150692

and what to do is this:

http://pwcalc.com/ecc1096e2210df63

Comment

By: Felozial
    PW-BR -Lynx
    edited March 2011
    Options
    repost build using pwcalc.ru/pwi

pwcalc.com is still really buggy, automatically puts veno in foxform, with no option to select level, no melee mastery options
    cube neck is displaying with 2x +5% hp
    stats aren't displaying on wrists at all.

edit: nevermind, apparently pwcalc.com is the only one available, bummer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • felozial12
    felozial12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    pwcalc this means the buggy, but my status are approximately those

I will temporarily place a ss here ...

20110315210707.png

please post opinions, suggestions or criticism
  • Suychan - Dreamweaver
    Suychan - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I want to do this with my veno one of these days:

http://pwcalc.com/6336183996f8c792

:3
  • limeball
    limeball Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow.......

I didn't think this thread would still be around. I thought it'd be, like, dead by now. Haters still seem to be around. :d

If I can remember my old account I think I'd have to update the fact that Reikara is a retired character so people direct their questions to other HA venos instead.
    Previously known as:
    Reikara - Lv. 94 HA/AA Venomancer
    Limeball - Lv. 80 Assassin

Quit and came back.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i saw Reikara online today, no HA tho b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mihuo - Heavens Tear
    Mihuo - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this does bring some old memories back b:sad
  • limeball
    limeball Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MIHUO! You still play? I remember you!!! :D

Wow some more familiar names around, still! :P

Reikara retired as an AA farmer sadly given to a friend. I was dumb enough to let guild mates pressure me into going a fully arcane build for PvP which ultimately made me rage quit in the end because I had spent so much time effort into researching and making this totally awesome build suited for my play style to strip it back into what I essentially hated and considered weak 'cuz it got steam rolled by nearly every class.

So lesson to younger HA venomancers: Don't listen to trolls or haters. They're only mad because you don't play by their rules. What ultimately matters in the end is that this build is something you enjoy and it suits your gaming ( PvP / PvE) style. /Oprah

Ok so AA builds aren't weak, it's just not my thing. I dislike pure arcane characters. I'm back...just not as a HA veno anymore. Please don't kill me! D:
    Previously known as:
    Reikara - Lv. 94 HA/AA Venomancer
    Limeball - Lv. 80 Assassin

Quit and came back.
  • Mihuo - Heavens Tear
    Mihuo - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    limbell, are you rae?
    and no, i havn't touched pw for years, right now i'm pretty busy , i havn't played any mmo for the past 1 year, recently play ARGO for 3 weeks and have a lv 26 druid but quit that as well. (saw your xfire, tried to pm you but we on enermy side), now started to play eden eternal and have a lv16 in there
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This thread is still sticked?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I guess it is. I updated the first part to make it a little less condescending, which this guide had a massive problem with. I really need to fix up a whole lot of stuff. I know there's many things in it I no longer agree with. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Welcome back Rei.

As you see lots of things changed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    [COLOR
    ="Teal"]I guess it is. I updated the first part to make it a little less condescending, which this guide had a massive problem with. I really need to fix up a whole lot of stuff. I know there's many things in it I no longer agree with. >_>[/COLOR]

R9 happened

R9 R8 ups happened

HA has to step up to the times to compete with them.

But HA still can cause headaches in TW as well, my R9 seeker friend is still cursing that HA veno that purged and amped him before an armabarb dropped by and smashed him to bits b:chuckle
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    arcane veno = fail
    LA veno = fail
    HA veno = fail