What about Game Advisors ?

Comments

• Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote:
    Yes but no offense based on what we have seen from this Secret Passage blunder... and you push the poll on moving PK to yet another place were quests are located and wont even support the poll YOU should have initiated when this blunder was discovered or before the blunder happened which is:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1180731&page=9
    What he said.
    KrittyCat wrote:
    Anyway, it's time for this thread to go to the place where it belongs, the Suggestion Box.
    Okay... I see.... You don't support the idea so you bury the thread... Nice, you should really work at PWE for good, you have the method already.
    We all know the Suggestion Box is not checked by anyone, even less Frankie.

I'm honestly starting to be sick and tired of all this bs.

I'm going to tell you what makes a huge difference between a GA and a forum mod : a GA uses his brain to satisfy the players within the rules of the game, while the mods just enforce the rules of the forum without thinking.
    Let's put it this way : mods are robots, GAs are powered with quadri-core Intel processor.

Other games use GAs and mods and GMs. Their community works far better.
    You still think "it's good the way it is" ? Look at the topics and the posts and tell me if the players seem very happy.
    No offence KrittyCat, but I think you want to hide this thread just to keep your little power in this game. But understand one thing : when it will get to the point where people will start to leave massively to go to a F2P game that actually HAS a real community, you will find yourself moderating an empty forum.
    I happened in the past to several games, and PWI is taking the very same path.

All this to say : I want an official answer from Frankie, because he's the only one here who really has power on this game.

Drak.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What he said.

Okay... I see.... You don't support the idea so you bury the thread... Nice, you should really work at PWE for good, you have the method already.

I'm going to tell you what makes a huge difference between a GA and a forum mod : a GA uses his brain to satisfy the players within the rules of the game, while the mods just enforce the rules of the forum without thinking.
    Let's put it this way : mods are robots, GAs are powered with quadri-core Intel processor.

You still think "it's good the way it is" ? Look at the topics and the posts and tell me if the players seem very happy.
    No offence KrittyCat, but I think you want to hide this thread just to keep your little power in this game. But understand one thing : when it will get to the point where people will start to leave massively to go to a F2P game that actually HAS a real community, you will find yourself moderating an empty forum.

All this to say : I want an official answer from Frankie, because he's the only one here who really has power on this game.

Drak.

My suggestion got moved right away too, it sucks but you can at least bump it to keep it to the first page. At least yours wasn't moved until it got an initial reply from Frankie, though I also wish he would give a follow up reply to this thread. Unfortunately, if you're going to be a PWE volunteer or employee, sometimes you gotta do stuff that sucks because that's the current rules of the game. We players are the same way. Like I won't send tickets about individual players pking in sp, because it's allowed. It sucks, but it's allowed. Same thing Frankie never answering about the ticketing thing with cube or taking until August to followup on an email about bases he sent in April. I actually think this is one of the reasons we need a GA. So that we can get followup on things that are important. Instead of them making an initial reply and then not bothering to read through the pages of angry/supportive replies to see what concerns arose from their initial ones. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am fufilling this role as best as I can. And I work for free.Actually, I do it for fun. It is the best kind of fun for me to find mistakes and lazyness.So im a GA. How can I help you?

I admit it is up to players to catch mistakes in this game.Unless a pro is hired.
    You can thank Tigercritty for moving your post here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    What he said.

Drak.

Ouch, don't have to hate on all the mods. b:surrender

I genuinely support this idea, and I will see to it (if Kritty hasn't already beaten me to it) that Frankie has a look at this thread.

I disagree about the "power" comment, because all we are is "moderators", which are part of the community just like you guys are. We disagree with many of the things that you guys do, and have expressed ourselves and our comments here on the forums. Just because we are moderators doesnt mean we're robots, we all were general forum people just like you. b:worried
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Ouch, don't have to hate on all the mods. b:surrender

I genuinely support this idea, and I will see to it (if Kritty hasn't already beaten me to it) that Frankie has a look at this thread.

I disagree about the "power" comment, because all we are is "moderators", which are part of the community just like you guys are. We disagree with many of the things that you guys do, and have expressed ourselves and our comments here on the forums. Just because we are moderators doesnt mean we're robots, we all were general forum people just like you. b:worried

I don't hate on all the mods, but sometimes you guys really act like robots... This thread was not doing anything wrong being on the General forum, that's what I was saying.
    If I over-react, it's because it kind of bugs me when I see mods/gms give more damn about how the things look than to take care of the game itself.

Thanks for your support Krisnda.

About the power comment, I can't say, I call what I see. You are part of the community, but you have also the power to bury ideas by moving, deleting, editing, etc... You have more power than us, therefore it can be taken the wrong way when you disagree on a suggestion that could create a position more powerful than you or equivalent. Stupid, I know, but can't help it.
    Blueturtle wrote:
    I am fufilling this role as best as I can. And I work for free.Actually, I do it for fun. It is the best kind of fun for me to find mistakes and lazyness. How can I help you?

I admit it is up to players to catch mistakes in this game.Unless a pro is hired.
    You can thank Tigercritty for moving your post here.
    Did i miss something here ? b:question

edited September 2011
    Did i miss something here ? b:question

Nope.You are perfect.Dead on.
    I was doing the job,You named the job.Thanks!

But i do it for fun,not money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Nope.You are perfect.Dead on.
    I came up with the idea before you did.You named the job.Thanks!

Well... Explain how I never heard of it and why it has not been implemented ? No actually don't, it's not worth it.
    You're not making any sense to me, so whatever... b:puzzled

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well... Explain how I never heard of it and why it has not been implemented ? No actually don't, it's not worth it.
    You're not making any sense to me, so whatever... b:puzzled

I didn't create this job nor you did, I just saw it in another game and thought it would really fit here...
    Don't be childish man, trying to take credit for an idea and self-proclame yourself GA out of nowhere, it's just sad.

I think he means hes been dispensing out advice and sending tickets over stuff, like every other player. Not what this idea is dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited September 2011
    I think he means hes been dispensing out advice and sending tickets over stuff, like every other player. Not what this idea is dude.

Oooooooh I get it now... Sorry, English is not my primary language, what he said was way too ambiguous for me (it still is, but anyway...) b:shutup

@ Blueturtle : In any case, reporting stuff is just a little part of the job. It's not because you found a bug and reported it that you are anywhere close to what a GA is, sticking to the definition i gave by mixing all the comments that were posted. That makes you a good and active member of the community ! Moreover, have you gotten any interesting feedback on your tickets ?

• krisnda
    edited September 2011
    *yawns* good old Monday bump.
    edited September 2011
    Oooooooh I get it now... Sorry, English is not my primary language, what he said was way too ambiguous for me (it still is, but anyway...) b:shutup

@ Blueturtle : In any case, reporting stuff is just a little part of the job. It's not because you found a bug and reported it that you are anywhere close to what a GA is, sticking to the definition i gave by mixing all the comments that were posted. That makes you a good and active member of the community ! Moreover, have you gotten any interesting feedback on your tickets ?

Shure,ive gotten lots of feedback about bug fixes and improvements i've come up with,but most of the time it takes two years for the game makers to fix bugs. Improvements? Players like them,but most of the time game companies don't have any plans to improve and dont want to improve,even though it would benifit them. Seriously, SOME people need to be work addicted! b:chuckle

I guess im a community improver,then,not a GA. Or am i a community GA?I am confusing myself. :X

Still there is a difference:GA's know thier companies limits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    As I expected, the thread died, it got burried in the constant QQ flood and forgotten, even though Krisnda has a link on her signature.

I don't expect an answer from Frankie or anyone from PWE now... Until proven wrong, I'll just give up about this idea to improve something not for my little self but for the whole. I'll go back to questing/FFing until I find something better to do (aka, a better game to play) and I'll finally quit this game hosted by the failure called PWE.
    Yeah, call it ragequit if you want. I gave enough of free will to fix this game, and PWE is breaking it even more each time they do something. They don't want my help to keep customers, too bad.

Meanwhile, have fun everybody.

Drak.

• krisnda
    edited September 2011
    As I expected, the thread died, it got burried in the constant QQ flood and forgotten, even though Krisnda has a link on his signature.

I don't expect an answer from Frankie or anyone from PWE now... Until proven wrong, I'll just give up about this idea to improve something not for my little self but for the whole. I'll go back to questing/FFing until I find something better to do (aka, a better game to play) and I'll finally quit this game hosted by the failure called PWE.
    Yeah, call it ragequit if you want. I gave enough of free will to fix this game, and PWE is breaking it even more each time they do something. They don't want my help to keep customers, too bad.

Meanwhile, have fun everybody.

Drak.

Its ok, I did let Frankie know about the thread (whether he looked at it or not, idk) though. Idk when this game will, as everyone says, "die", but until that happens, i'm going to play this game until the end. Games don't last forever, but if this one did you could be sure to see me on here. Never give up on your dreams, who knows, something may happen b:begb:worried.
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Its ok, I did let Frankie know about the thread (whether he looked at it or not, idk) though. Idk when this game will, as everyone says, "die", but until that happens, i'm going to play this game until the end. Games don't last forever, but if this one did you could be sure to see me on here. Never give up on your dreams, who knows, something may happen b:begb:worried.

Oh sorry I assumed you were a female because of your avi b:surrender

I've never lost faith in PWI in the whole time I've been playing it, which is like 2 and a half years now, but only log into the forums and browse a little in the topics give me the impression of an upcoming doomsday... I see how people get their account ****, how people get banned for standing up for what they think of PWE, how people don't care anymore about the game and only about the % they get from FFs, how they call each other by their class instead of their IG name, I see how people that want to keep the game fun are ignored by PWE instead of making them their allies to earn more money, how the sales break the economy each time more, how Gold has reached such heights that the smallest little thing has a price with 6 zeros, how the GMs are never there to take care of the important stuff but are here to ban people exploiting a glitch that they don't know how to fix (which is their fault, not the player's), etc....

After all this, if they don't think they need help, what can I say ? My dream was to fix PWI, but I guess it's not going to happen, because from where I am, I can't do anything.

Drak.

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can't take the title seriously since that's what my title was when I worked at GameStop and it reminds me of gutting games all the time. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
    edited September 2011
    Has PWI hired a GA? Or are they going to leave the fighting of bugs up to the players? 'cause i got a whole list of them.And it needs to be done.Soon. I dont have that much time, unless i quit my current job and be a GA myself...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Has PWI hired a GA? Or are they going to leave the fighting of bugs up to the players? 'cause i got a whole list of them.And it needs to be done.Soon. I dont have that much time, unless i quit my current job and be a GA myself...

I'll bug Frankie later :D.
    edited September 2011
    Hey,
    Please,there is no such thing as "later".There is a "in a week",There is a "in a few days". But "later" could mean an infinite amount of days, until you forget it altogether!
    Who is this Frankie you are talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Hey,
    Please,there is no such thing as "later".There is a "in a week",There is a "in a few days". But "later" could mean an infinite amount of days, until you forget it altogether!
    Who is this Frankie you are talking about?

Calm down, I already talked to Frankie who is a GM/CM (whichever one you want to call him) and he said that he has looked at this thread, that's about it. If you want to pm him, feel free to do so, but don't blame me for anything that may or may not happen as i'm just a volunteer moderator.
    edited September 2011
    thanks! Whats his pm name?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    thanks! Whats his pm name?

frankieraye

There you go.
  • Divine_Mage - Raging Tide
    Divine_Mage - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Bump.

I really think this would be a good idea, if we could have game adviser's who were active and well known on each server. My idea is one for each class per server, since they would be able to locate bugs or anything not working and possibly even b:shocked balancing b:shocked.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Bump.

I really think this would be a good idea, if we could have game adviser's who were active and well known on each server. My idea is one for each class per server, since they would be able to locate bugs or anything not working and possibly even b:shocked balancing b:shocked.

Or ( and I have 2 ideas ), Either make the mods do it, since we are already very active on the forums and in-game (I assume), or some kind of voting thing (don't like this much).
    edited September 2011
    Product testing.The more,the better.
    Even after a product is released, there always is some glitch that goes unseen by production. Believe me, my alarm clock goes 10 minutes faster every day when I turn the volume up high!Set to "off",it goes only 15 seconds faster every day.

Again,if you test a game,there are bound to be those glitches if there is no testing.
    Moderators are the control,not the test.b:scorn
    GMs are the oil that makes it work.
    GAs......you dont have any yet? OOps,because they ARE the test.b:scorn
    Say,one GA per 2 servers? One per each server is digging the pockets of PWE and a promise to have them laid off in a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Would GAs look at the suggestion box? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
    Would GAs look at the suggestion box? :)

They should, and like the moderators, they would tell the GM's about good ideas in here like this one. b:surrender
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    sign me up i'll do it
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    pm me the game name pls, i will switch to it, couse this game is EDITED and noone cares here
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • krisnda
    edited October 2011
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    About the only thing I think this would be useful for would be an in-game moderator to clean up WC and gold spam bots. I don't think a link to the GMs would be useful since the GMs in this game aren't capable of doing anything but make cash shop sales.

What is actually needed is a strong voice in china to represent PWI players' interest but a "GA" isn't capable of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html