PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok i have another question. I went to do the little fire thing quest in sq I get hit by a lvl 100 plus seeker who coudln't kill me cause i ran away and I was a barb. So he is chasing me how is that fun ...

Apparenlty these people who liked trying to pk my barb didn't like geting ganged up on by a rank 9 almost full vit stone barb and a 101 nuking demon cleric! b:angry
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Apparenlty these people who liked trying to pk my barb didn't like geting ganged up on by a rank 9 almost full vit stone barb and a 101 nuking demon cleric! b:angry

This is pretty much why they're PKing nubs.

Was trying to convince my faction to go in and Clean Out the PKers, but... We all fail for the most part. >_> (faction wipe? probably would have happened.)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is pretty much why they're PKing nubs.

Was trying to convince my faction to go in and Clean Out the PKers, but... We all fail for the most part. >_> (faction wipe? probably would have happened.)

We killed them all they called us names and was like why did you gank us and was like all how it wasn't fair, we went back and forth they couldn't kill any of us. It was sad noobs that plvled there toons and don't know how to kill people who have played there toons for so long. >_> I know how to know die... cause I have died a lot b:shocked i got the death expenses te he . but yeah they went down from my cleric in 2-4 shots.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • hardtoyawn
    hardtoyawn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People are really quitting over this wow x/x

Packs? I hate the economy anyways!
    Op sins? Make your own sin noob, soloing harpy wraith is as easy as soloing kunkun!
    5 aps? Barbs aren't tanks why do they need aggro anyways!
    Soulforce silence on every second hit? Just 1 shot them through the 100+ defense levels you baddys! ;P

Wait you can pk someone in an instance and still report for harassment if they camp you? PWI MUST BE DEAD =/
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For all the people (regardless of PvP or PvE) that says that this new SP is fun and that there shouldn't be anyone whining about it, I dare you.

Yes, I dare you to create a toon in Heaven's Tear server (that from what I gather, it's the server with the most players abusing this rule), level it up till 30 or 40 and then enter SP AND try to reach Dismal Shade, Shade Eido or Silver Frost without getting one shotted by a random happy camper.

Or getting into FB29 without being mauled by mobs lurking near the portal where you are dropped for a couple of seconds.

Please, do so, and if you succeed, take screenshots and post them. Show us how much EASY (your words) is to have campers leave you alone to quest.

I really feel pity for the REAL PKers, who either are in PvP or aim only at red names that are around their level. Because of ignorant, coward and with no real life players, they are getting an earfull too.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hardtoyawn wrote: »
    People are really quitting over this wow x/x

Packs? I hate the economy anyways!
    Op sins? Make your own sin noob, soloing harpy wraith is as easy as soloing kunkun!
    5 aps? Barbs aren't tanks why do they need aggro anyways!
    Soulforce silence on every second hit? Just 1 shot them through the 100+ defense levels you baddys! ;P

Wait you can pk someone in an instance and still report for harassment if they camp you? PWI MUST BE DEAD =/

This^ x.x
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This sucks... It's totaly screwed up for the ones who need chrono culti in there... All you PvPers (the abusing kind) laugh while your at it but wait till another OP class comes out and you wanna get his chrono quest done when he's higher... We'll see who'll be laughing then... b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Umaulee - Raging Tide
    Umaulee - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think allowing full PK in Secret Passage shows a lack of concern for the new / low level players. How are they supposed to get thier cultis done? Why give high level players anotrher PK area? I'm a player who's not into PK, hence the reason I play on a PvE server. I don't like being forced into PK just because i'm trying to help a low level friend with thier culti. They way I see it if people want to engage in all out PK they should move to a PvP server. Why not let them have thier pk in there....but leave the blue names out of it. b:angry
  • hardtoyawn
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I want to see all pve servers turned into pvp ones. THAT would be funny QQ. If a single instance, you visit maybe 3 times in your pw play, is changed to pvp makes you all like this.

I'm setting up zhen with mana charms in one of the sp halls lol.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since I am new to PW and have not had the enjoyment of these quests, it sounds as though this now PK area on a PvE server, would be equated to teaching a toddler with a bleeding boo boo how to swim in a pool filled with starving piranhas. And as a company, if 75% of your customers hate a major change, its best to fix what upset them. In the case of the MMORPG world, there are many games going F2P, so competition is growing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Umaulee - Raging Tide
    Umaulee - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I want to see all pve servers turned into pvp ones. THAT would be funny QQ. If a single instance, you visit maybe 3 times in your pw play, is changed to pvp makes you all like this.

It's plain to see that you've never helped a lower level player with thier cultis. Your comment shows that you are a uncaring self centered person who refuses to see how this effects low level players.
  • hardtoyawn
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's plain to see that you've never helped a lower level player with thier cultis. Your comment shows that you are a uncaring self centered person who refuses to see how this effects low level players.

Uhm what lol. I level'd a blademaser recently and went through that cave unharmed more than a few times ty. Jumping to conclusions and making random accusations that i'm some evil self abosrbed baby, sooooooo accurate. (And not at all self abosrbed yourself *rolleyes*)

Look I can do what you did to.

It's plain to see that you've never eaten skittles. Your comment shows that you are an uncaring self centered person who refuses to see how not eating skittles effects the rainbow.
    Since I am new to PW and have not had the enjoyment of these quests, it sounds as though this now PK area on a PvE server, would be equated to teaching a toddler with a bleeding boo boo how to swim in a pool filled with starving piranhas. And as a company, if 75% of your customers hate a major change, its best to fix what upset them. In the case of the MMORPG world, there are many games going F2P, so competition is growing.

oh +1 to that though i've found 2 mmo's i've been looking into during my ban time and one of them I really like atm! maybe bye to pwi
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Let's stop this at that, shall we, hardtoyawn?
  • hardtoyawn
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Let's stop this at that, shall we, hardtoyawn?

No way i'll make a blue name and camp you in secret passage with it.b:cute
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since when have pkers hung around silver frost, they hang around the entrance, even if the lowbies get pked a few times they will eventually be able to enter, also note to kill silver frost they will need high lvl players with them, since theres no penalty for pking in secret passage now surely they would help the low players by killing the pkers...

Use your common sence.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Options
    theres no penalty for pking in secret passage now surely they would help the low players by killing the pkers...

Except they will be constantly annoyed by having to put up with campers going for them and wasting their time while trying to help low levels. So why bother helping people, anyway?

Like you said,
    Use your common sence.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When PWE is bombarded with tickets about griefing in SP, I'm sure there's a chance that they'll think about the possibility of maybe contacting the Chinese Devs and asking to have it moved. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since when have pkers hung around silver frost, they hang around the entrance, even if the lowbies get pked a few times they will eventually be able to enter, also note to kill silver frost they will need high lvl players with them, since theres no penalty for pking in secret passage now surely they would help the low players by killing the pkers...

Use your common sence.

For the umpteenth time, the PvP servers don't have this problem.

It's the PvE servers that have it.
    People sign up for PvE because they want to enjoy following a story, not run around watching their back because there is a random killer behind the random corner.
    And Heaven's Tear, being one of the oldest servers, has a situation that is progressively getting out of hand. I'm not sure at what point it is now, because I gave up in trying to enter SP as soon as someone said "Stop killing the noobs" and someone else replied with a "lol!"

I play this game to have fun and meet nice people and help others, not because I want to escape from jerks in the real life only to deal with more jerks ingame.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For the umpteenth time, the PvP servers don't have this problem.

It's the PvE servers that have it.
    People sign up for PvE because they want to enjoy following a story, not run around watching their back because there is a random killer behind the random corner.
    And Heaven's Tear, being one of the oldest servers, has a situation that is progressively getting out of hand. I'm not sure at what point it is now, because I gave up in trying to enter SP as soon as someone said "Stop killing the noobs" and someone else replied with a "lol!"

I play this game to have fun and meet nice people and help others, not because I want to escape from jerks in the real life only to deal with more jerks ingame.

This is why PvE servers shouldn't exist. If you all had the capability to PK freely the people camping SP right now would have already gotten their fill of massacring newblets and your situation wouldn't exist. But hey that's just me never cared for carebear servers anyway. Let the PvP hate on PvE begin. :D
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is why PvE servers shouldn't exist. If you all had the capability to PK freely the people camping SP right now would have already gotten their fill of massacring newblets and your situation wouldn't exist. But hey that's just me never cared for carebear servers anyway. Let the PvP hate on PvE begin. :D

I seriously don't see the problem in wanting to pit myself against environment monsters rather than human players. Ignoring the fact that I'll probably suck at it, and I don't hide it, I just don't like it.
    I signed up for PvE for this reason, otherwise I would have gone for another game altogether. The fact that there are jerks in PvE that have no courage to go into real PK or the real PvP servers doesn't mean that PvE should be eliminated.

You have made your choice of doing PvP, don't force it down the throat of those that doesn't share in your own opinion.

Would it be fun for you if all the PvP servers suddenly became PvE without the chance of turning on PK? I doubt it.

No one ever forced you into PvE, anyway. So why force PvE players into PvP, even if in only one instance?

So yeah, to each his or her own way of having fun.

And mine is to play quests without the worry of someone stabbing me in the back when I get inside a low leveled instance like SP.

It's all about people respecting each other and their opinions.

You want your free PK instance where you don't drop a thing? Fine, I'm all for that, but for the love of the greater good, don't trample on the rights of other players!
  • NeoEsus - Harshlands
    NeoEsus - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well i play on French server Lothranis and on Harshland too, i've to said: "omg a new arena, it's very a great thing". But why you don't open the fomer arena for pvp?

And why secret passage it's the new arena? Because many low lvl have a quest to do in this place. And if we want to kill the boss for OHT, it's very hard now xD
    Because we have to kill the boss and players near the boss b:laugh

Btw i think the instance(i forgot this name in english), near the Fb 89 devil, it's a better thing for to be a new arena:

1)Players(80+) have in this place one quest and if i remind, this quest has a bug.

2)Players(80+) have a few contract divin in this instance but it's for lvl 85+.

3)They are in area for lvl 80+, so no newbie will come in this instanceb:chuckle

So why sadistic cave(i think it's the name of this place in english) is not a new arena? It's a better place than SP.

PS: sry for my english ^.^
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

PvE servers exist. People who don't like Pking exist also. I'm one of those people. If I get seriously bored of being here and want to be able to kill people when I want, I might move to a PvP server.

But seriously don't you think your aim should be on the Pkers who are getting their fill of massacring newblets on a PvE server? Shows how scared they are to actually try out your server, right? Then maybe as you said, the situation wouldn't exist. But we can't cure PW of scared "carebears" who don't have the balls to jump in front of you now can we?

Thanks for supporting us by keeping our QQ thread alive. Almost 100 pages!

b:bye
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You have made your choice of doing PvP, don't force it down the throat of those that doesn't share in your own opinion.

Would it be fun for you if all the PvP servers suddenly became PvE without the chance of turning on PK? I doubt it.

No one ever forced you into PvE, anyway. So why force PvE players into PvP, even if in only one instance?

Quoted for truth.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

The polls on the threads say otherwise frankie.........
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Visit it 3 times huh? Let me think: Dismal Shade, Shade Eido, Token Quest, Silver Frost and that one quest that requires killing a bunch of those little ghoul things. Oh.. and I forgot the countless times you might want to go in there to HELP other people with said quests. But then again.. apparently you don't help anyone or care about anyone but you. Go ahead and set it up.. if I was on your server, I'd AD past your zhen and knife throw you/ interrupt your channel (since I have demon with 100% interrupt) then swiftly kill you; every time I saw you there. YOU FAIL.

I think this is why the majority of us play on PVE. Those who would be pkers on the PVE servers who are doing this, are scared of actual PVP .. otherwise; that is the servers they'd be on.

No, this is why there should be strictly, PVP or PVE server. There should not be a server in which you can combine the two other than TW. Then we wouldn't have this problem at all. Furthermore; where do you get off trying to tell the rest of us how we should spend our free time. I'm not sure if Lost City is a Pvp server or not, but if it is.. apparently YOU got to choose what you liked.. we did too on the PvE.. till we keep having PVP slammed down our throats in the case of the cube rooms and now the SP.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Making all the servers PvP would be a bad idea.

Call me a carebear all you want, but I picked PvE server for a reason. I was going through some stuff when I started playing and being able to get lost in a new game and do quests without worrying about others ruining my day was great. Forcing PvP on me will definitely cause me to pack up and leave. There's nothing I love more than being ganked by several people while I'm minding my own business. Been there, done that, and bought the tshirt while playing another MMO. I definitely prefer games that don't force players to do PvP. I have horrible luck with drops and I don't have the income to afford the best gear that money can buy. I don't need to get owned by a bunch of 100+ people that are in full r9 gear with +10-12 refines to know that I don't stand a chance. My credit card mastery probably won't ever be as high as theirs! I accepted that a long time ago.

HT is swarming with people that have absolutely no respect for anything. The issue with SP only made it more apparent. Check out the rankings and see if you can figure out what else these idiots have been doing.

I play by the rules and there's no way people like me can compete with people that don't. HT would be a nightmare if it was turned into a PvP server. Some of you are more than a little naive if you think the trolls on HT would suddenly grow up if the server was switched to PvP.

It's nice to know that every server isn't experiencing the problems that we are, but the reality is that ours seems to be loaded with a bunch of arrogant pricks that don't care about anybody but themselves. I even heard from a couple of sources yesterday that they were actually starting to charge 200k to pass through SP without being killed. I didn't witness it, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was the truth. What I have witnessed were several people saying "I need to do a quest, please don't kill me!" that were instantly killed as soon as they left the safe zone... sometimes several times if they attempted again. FFS most of them actually said PLEASE!
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Visit it 3 times huh? Let me think: Dismal Shade, Shade Eido, Token Quest, Silver Frost and that one quest that requires killing a bunch of those little ghoul things. Oh.. and I forgot the countless times you might want to go in there to HELP other people with said quests. But then again.. apparently you don't help anyone or care about anyone but you. Go ahead and set it up.. if I was on your server, I'd AD past your zhen and knife throw you/ interrupt your channel (since I have demon with 100% interrupt) then swiftly kill you; every time I saw you there. YOU FAIL.

I think this is why the majority of us play on PVE. Those who would be pkers on the PVE servers who are doing this, are scared of actual PVP .. otherwise; that is the servers they'd be on.

No, this is why there should be strictly, PVP or PVE server. There should not be a server in which you can combine the two other than TW. Then we wouldn't have this problem at all. Furthermore; where do you get off trying to tell the rest of us how we should spend our free time. I'm not sure if Lost City is a Pvp server or not, but if it is.. apparently YOU got to choose what you liked.. we did too on the PvE.. till we keep having PVP slammed down our throats in the case of the cube rooms and now the SP.

Constantly with PvP slammed down your throat phrase.................b:scorn I'm sure it could be arranged but its not whats happening. b:surrender Unless thats your thing and your doing it to yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sweetfoxxy
    sweetfoxxy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On one of my toons I have a quest that the mobs are inside of secret passage and not located in the area via stone, Ancien Evil. I find it very frustrating that those people kill the noobs that are trying to do there quest. If they want to pk that there business but STOP KILLING BLUE NAME IN SECRET PASSAGE. This game for everyone to have funn not just for a few. Please have this amended please cuz its so frustrting for blue name being killed in there. It they want to pk in there please select a specific room for them so us blue name can do our quest, bh, fb in peace.

Tyvm for taking this in consideration.
  • daisyflower
    daisyflower Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sry but Secret Passage as a PVP Area ist just STUPID.
    Because:
    1.There are Quests for low lvl and other a bit higher ones. You want to punish the people don't using Hyper in lower lvl?
    2.Open the Arena and you don't have a Problem with finding a new PVP-Area, Why is there an Arena in the Game when you don't use it?(and there were so fun events in the arena...)
    3. Use Teleport in Archo...HAHAHAHAHA Try to Port a little lvl 29 Psy/Mage/Veno/EP in there...after the loading screan you are.....DEATH?!<- because of MOBS
    4.Why do you have a PVE server? SP as pvp destrois the fun of this little room and people will leave.

Sure i understand why you need a pvp area, but NOT in a Low-Lvl Area! Thats so damn stupid and not good! Open the Arena, no guild will occupie the arena, it would be nonsense.
    If you need more reasons: ask. My whole guild can give you reasons and we are 200 people and ALL are so frustrated because of this idea.
This discussion has been closed.