How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Options

Comments

• Zozun - Heavens Tear
    Zozun - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hi im Zozun from heavens tear i came on a pve server to avoid pk now pwe is forcing us not only by makign a public area pk enable but doing so in a low lvl area that every char comes through at there weakest moments in there chars life.PWE your sick very very sick to violate the trust of ur users like this is horrible action that like changing TW will come back to bite u in ur rear.
    My Motto- Barb's are the shields to the warrior that is the squad!!!b:cool
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dustinashe wrote: »
    um, the lowbies do!
    you were there once too.
    ya see? that is what happens when you get higher level. you forget your roots.

that is why my friends are my friends, they are cool and dont treat ppl that way.
    behind the toon is a PERSON!

dont be a jerk.

Um He is on a PvP server, where its common to get killed a lot after one turns white name at level 30. You see, all these people from PvP servers implemented an advanced strategy apparently unheard of in the PvE servers(judging by the uproar, that is), a strategy so amazing that it lead them to be able to even level and continue playing the game despite the horrors of open PvP, this strategy I will share with all of you now, is called DEALING WITH IT..... FFS.

ok I'm good now, had to let that out :)
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Um He is on a PvP server, where its common to get killed a lot after one turns white name at level 30. You see, all these people from PvP servers implemented an advanced strategy apparently unheard of in the PvE servers(judging by the uproar, that is), a strategy so amazing that it lead them to be able to even level and continue playing the game despite the horrors of open PvP, this strategy I will share with all of you now, is called DEALING WITH IT..... FFS.

ok I'm good now, had to let that out :)

I am sure thats what your boyfriend said before he started fisting you.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I love it. My faction held a PK party the other day (both noobs and experienced members) and had our little fun. We just went towards Shade Eido so we could have our peace. We died many times and obviously had to run back. During that time only one of our members were killed by an Assassin who stalked her.

Yesterday, one of my faction mates got killed a few times indeed. While a couple of hours earlier, a different one made a test and run through (and even stood there) with her lowbie lvl29 seeker. She didn't get killed...actually someone offered to help her lol!

So I suppose it just depends on the time you're there. You might find some of those people who try to increase their PK count and think 1-shoting low level people is fun because they can't kill people of their own level b:chuckle

In conclusion, so far from my experience and those of my friends or faction, things haven't been too bad. Of course I'm in no position to judge it just yet but I thought I should share this here.

I wouldn't mind moving this instance somewhere else or copy&paste it somewhere and make it a PK specific instance but I'm alright with the way things are too.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    I am sure thats what your boyfriend said before he started fisting you.

mmmmm you have no idea b:cute
  • Orintaz - Archosaur
    Orintaz - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i was lazy to read all the posts :< but they should open The PWIC arena ._. there are stakes to get chi on etc etc flying normal jumping expel works normally blahblah blah and everyone would be happy
  • Batini - Archosaur
    Batini - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i was lazy to read all the posts :< but they should open The PWIC arena ._. there are stakes to get chi on etc etc flying normal jumping expel works normally blahblah blah and everyone would be happy

Good to have a PK area with less lag since most people are too lazt to move from West Gate, ffs Silver Pool, no lag, close respawn all NPC's you need.... sigh

But yeah I concur with Orin on this. Just fix the Arena and be done with it, in PK there should be risk at the moment while it is kinda fun aoeing the entire first room from time to time, it kinda gets boring...unless these kills count towards PvP rank...which it doesn't, cos it is still broken....
  • Batini - Archosaur
    Batini - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Also a place for guild to practice for TW etc.....which at the moment, there is none...
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Seriously all this QQ about something that is actually good for once. Maybe the placement isn't ideal for all, but the idea is a good one. If you need BH you can port in. Seriously it has to cost 10k or less to port there, and if you can't be bothered to grind 10k then you should have quit the game already. There are a rare few that actually do all their quests, but for the most part no one does those lowbie quests anymore.

You PvE servers need to get your **** together. Stop going ape **** on each other and have fun lol.

eeew and I found your pwic post witty, shame on me, seems like the brain function went down after the tournamentb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Worst thing thats happened in PW EVER!!!

For goodness sake if the PVP minority MUST have this "fun" then put in PVP servers where it belongs and keep PVE servers clean of this rubbish.

Having said that, even on Lost City the majority DON'T PVP by choice and I have friends there that think this is just as stupid!

Personally I play on a PVE server because I have no intention or desire EVER to resort to PVP !! As I'm sure the vast majority of others do too.

PW have ruined the fun for the majority of players to help friends/guildies in there just to satisfy the small percentage who havent grown out of pewpew games.

GET RID OF IT!!!!
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lissajane wrote: »
    Worst thing thats happened in PW EVER!!!

For goodness sake if the PVP minority MUST have this "fun" then put in PVP servers where it belongs and keep PVE servers clean of this rubbish.

Having said that, even on Lost City the majority DON'T PVP by choice and I have friends there that think this is just as stupid!

Personally I play on a PVE server because I have no intention or desire EVER to resort to PVP !! As I'm sure the vast majority of others do too.

PW have ruined the fun for the majority of players to help friends/guildies in there just to satisfy the small percentage who havent grown out of pewpew games.

GET RID OF IT!!!!

^ This +10 ^

I certainly won't be going into SP anymore just to be a PK victim for small-minded epeen strokers.

And i damn well wont be paying just to avoid them (PW seriously expect low levels to spend valuable coins to avoid PVP on a PVE server??!!)

Utter madness b:angry
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So after years of QQing for endgame activity on PvE servers, apparently all of you would rather get rid of this nice zone we've gotten to save about 4 or 5 noob quests, at a stage when their number of quests is infinite....

I am disappointed.
  • unohu
    unohu Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So after years of QQing for endgame activity on PvE servers, apparently all of you would rather get rid of this nice zone we've gotten to save about 4 or 5 noob quests, at a stage when their number of quests is infinite....

I am disappointed.

Its NOT end-game activity though is it?

It involves EVERYONE...not just bored end-gamers who think its fun to gank newbies b:sad

I'm disappointed you cant see past the end of your nose (or e-peen lol)
    edited September 2011
    Options
    unohu wrote: »
    Its NOT end-game activity though is it?

It involves EVERYONE...not just bored end-gamers who think its fun to gank newbies b:sad

I'm disappointed you cant see past the end of your nose (or e-peen lol)

Then..even more reason to leave it? My attachment of "end game" to the statement was simply because this counts as content for endgamers, something which the absence of has been made a big deal of in the past by this same community.

What if they get it their way, they get to do their handful of quests with no threat of PvP(heaven forbid), it takes one hour or so, they go about their day. It's the rest of us that really miss something if the penalty free pvp aspect is taken out, and the noobs will realize this too later when they level up a bit and see there isn't much else to do here. It is not a fair trade off. I'd rather Arena get opened as well, but this is what we have got for now.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    meh, nothing different from outter west arch, hidden orchid, silver pool, orchid temple, and other PK territory areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • unohu
    unohu Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Then..even more reason to leave it? My attachment of "end game" to the statement was simply because this counts as content for endgamers, something which the absence of has been made a big deal of in the past by this same community.

What if they get it their way, they get to do their handful of quests with no threat of PvP(heaven forbid), it takes one hour or so, they go about their day. It's the rest of us that really miss something if the penalty free pvp aspect is taken out, and the noobs will realize this too later when they level up a bit and see there isn't much else to do here. It is not a fair trade off. I'd rather Arena get opened as well, but this is what we have got for now.

OMG (face-palm...)

Bored end-gamers are a very small minority - lvl 100+ ppl that i know are not bored. They enjoy helping others in FC - Nirvana - whatever. And because they actually still enjoy the game they make alts and enjoy themselves all over again.

If you MUST have somewhere to do your Pathetic Killing then yes there should be somewhere to go for you poor souls, but it should be well away from the vast majority of other players who simply want to play the PROPER game and NOT slap bang in the middle of an area mostly used by low levels for you to gank just to relieve your boredom.

Not to mention of course that it simply should NEVER BE IN A PVE SERVER ANYWAY!!!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Come there and I will kill you over and over and over again, see how you like it, especially if you have just started playing without a high - lvl character to support your coins, whatever, thought you are a bit smarter than this...
  • hardtoyawn
    hardtoyawn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Come there and I will kill you over and over and over again, see how you like it, especially if you have just started playing without a high - lvl character to support your coins, whatever, thought you are a bit smarter than this...

That's still bannable as greifing. PVE servers must be filled with jerks because no one on lc is just sitting in sp waiting for a blue name to walk in =/ lost city pvp'ers like...things that can pvp back. (It would be fantastic for 200 blue names to zerg someone there though!) lol =]
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hardtoyawn wrote: »
    That's still bannable as greifing. PVE servers must be filled with jerks because no one on lc is just sitting in sp waiting for a blue name to walk in =/ lost city pvp'ers like...things that can pvp back. (It would be fantastic for 200 blue names to zerg someone there though!) lol =]

Only people who were probably molested as kids like to do this kinda thing that griefs other players, would like to see how they feel if smb would do it to them, all in all, this stupid instance needs 2 be made a no pk zone!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So, I am a noob Rpker for supporting our game's only 24 hour penalty free PvP zone?

End-gamers(100+) are vast minority?

Hm, guess any attempts to explain how much is wrong with all of this would be pathetically futile with the thinking capacity(specifically, a lack thereof)I'm seeing here.
  • hardtoyawn
    hardtoyawn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Only people who were probably molested as kids like to do this kinda thing that griefs other players, would like to see how they feel if smb would do it to them, all in all, this stupid instance needs 2 be made a no pk zone!

Did you just say sanctuary server were all molested? *confused*

Because you're making it out to be theres a team of campers waiting for blue names, the blue name killing squad. Maybe there is on sanctuary idk =/ Not here.
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Possible simple solution: Add an NPC at the entrance that 'activates' or 'deactivates' the free PK mode in Secret Passage for each individual player? Higher levels keep their PvP playground, and lowbies can go about their business in peace. =O
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hardtoyawn wrote: »
    Did you just say sanctuary server were all molested? *confused*

Because you're making it out to be theres a team of campers waiting for blue names, the blue name killing squad. Maybe there is on sanctuary idk =/ Not here.

There is always somebody, last I heard from a guildie a stupid sin was killing her over and over, pve server is just pu ssies, they can kill a blue name but when that person seeks a revenge, for example, can you kill it? No because you need to catch that person again there, same goes for cube on a pve server, either make all server pk enabled or gtfo, why the devs need to fu ck with it, I can`t understand?
    If I had quests there as a newbie and some **** would kill me over and over there, I`d probably say fu ck this game and move along, simple as that, and I`m sure by making the instance pk enabled this the company isl loosing players (who get killed over and over there), thus, potential mall buyers.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Possible simple solution: Add an NPC at the entrance that 'activates' or 'deactivates' the free PK mode in Secret Passage for each individual player? Higher levels keep their PvP playground, and lowbies can go about their business in peace. =O

We have pk button for it, if higher lvl players like to pk the **** out of each other, why not go into pk mode, it`s made for that specific reason.
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We have pk button for it, if higher lvl players like to pk the **** out of each other, why not go into pk mode, it`s made for that specific reason.

I believe you answered yourself with your last post...
    There is always somebody, last I heard from a guildie a stupid sin was killing her over and over, pve server is just pu ssies, they can kill a blue name but when that person seeks a revenge, for example, can you kill it? No because you need to catch that person again there, same goes for cube on a pve server, either make all server pk enabled or gtfo, why the devs need to fu ck with it, I can`t understand?
    If I had quests there as a newbie and some **** would kill me over and over there, I`d probably say fu ck this game and move along, simple as that, and I`m sure by making the instance pk enabled this the company isl loosing players (who get killed over and over there), thus, potential mall buyers.

That being said, can you offer a reason as to why there CAN'T be a compromise made here? Sure there's the PK mode button, but that has a fair bit of red tape that most people just can't be arsed with. =/
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At the end of the day this argument is pointless. You have the choice to not go in SP at all. There are no culti quests that absolutely require you to go inside SP. It is your choice to do all the lowbie quests. They aren't necessary. Sure you might miss a bit of the story line but I guarantee 99% of the people who do quests don't read EVERY single word of the story anyway. Stop the mass QQing you are all looking like cry babies now.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At the end of the day this argument is pointless. You have the choice to not go in SP at all. There are no culti quests that absolutely require you to go inside SP. It is your choice to do all the lowbie quests. They aren't necessary. Sure you might miss a bit of the story line but I guarantee 99% of the people who do quests don't read EVERY single word of the story anyway. Stop the mass QQing you are all looking like cry babies now.

Damn straight we are. So? Why do you care? If it does disappear, what will that do to you? Aren't you already on a PvP server? LOL I'm so confused on why you keep coming back here? I would say that maybe your actually scared that we will accomplish something, but again your on a PvP server???b:puzzled PKing must not be that fun if you keep running back here.

But seriously, we don't like it. So we are expressing why we don't. You can't really expect everyone to stop on your command? If you don't remember, here is a reminder: There are people who enjoy doing ALL of their quests. Either for the extra exp, extra spirit, and simply because they know that they won't have the money to power level or don't want to. It is THEIR choice. And they should be free to do it without being harassed for doing so.

b:bye
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Damn straight we are. So? Why do you care? If it does disappear, what will that do to you? Aren't you already on a PvP server? LOL I'm so confused on why you keep coming back here? I would say that maybe your actually scared that we will accomplish something, but again your on a PvP server???b:puzzled PKing must not be that fun if you keep running back here.

But seriously, we don't like it. So we are expressing why we don't. You can't really expect everyone to stop on your command? If you don't remember, here is a reminder: There are people who enjoy doing ALL of their quests. Either for the extra exp, extra spirit, and simply because they know that they won't have the money to power level or don't want to. It is THEIR choice. And they should be free to do it without being harassed for doing so.

It is there choice I completely agree. They can choose to not go in Secret Passage. Thanks for agreeing with me.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It is there choice I completely agree. They can choose to not go in Secret Passage. Thanks for agreeing with me.

LOL glad we agree on something. But it still won't stop us from QQing about getting rid PK in Secret Passage. :)

Have fun trying to get us to stop though.