PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage.

This is false.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It shows how out of touch the PWE management is. They screwed up the coding and rather than fixing it and giving people a proper place to practice PvP like the original 2008 Arena (if PWIC is their lame reasoning, then an Arena and FORCED same level restrictions, APS caps etc. should be in place. Then skills alone would be the factor.)

PWE doesn't do the coding smart one. How many times do I have to repeat this?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i'm friends with Almon a R9 BM from ChinaTown one of the land owning factions on Lost City. the character he knows me best on is lvl 38 (being this wizard) i met him at lvl 20. all it takes is be social. if your to bored with quests find where people group together (like west gate pk on Lost city) sit down and chat. It's what i did and now if i had trouble with ChinaTown in Sp i could probably just pm Almon since his director and ask if he could give a msg to faction to let me pass and good chance ill get an ok

Chances are you will be completely ignored, or ridiculed on our end of the server pond.
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is false.

i think by that he means solo silverfrost. if your doing it by squad as Quilue said one person in your squad should at least have a contact or two they can use to get by

@shelly: seems like people should come to the PvP servers then it seems we have a much nicer player base
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

If I remember well, I was able to solo SilverFrost in my early 80's

Please explains us how a veno level 85 can hope to survive more than one hit form a level 105 assassin with R8 or R9 gear??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    @shelly: seems like people should come to the PvP servers then it seems we have a much nicer player base

I like my gear safe with my character, thank you b:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why do you assume lvl 101-105 like to waste time on fighting 8x?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2011
    I like my gear safe with my character, thank you b:chuckle

pfft with the amount of people who use Safety locks now days your lucky to see any one drop anything any way.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWE doesn't do the coding smart one. How many times do I have to repeat this?
    Whatever *rolleyes* Just because you a Stealh and kill Sin on a PvP server like to grief Noobs, you don't need to nitpick to try and support your case.

PWE is the US subsidiary, yes they don't do the coding so whatever, what I meant is PW China devs, if that makes you happy. But if PWE management really has so little influence on the parent company then the US subsidiary is more fail than I thought.

The point is still it was a stupid management decision.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You value PvPer's on any server's time and effort at exactly zero. You honestly think PKers wait in the same spot for several hours especially on a PvE server to pinch out some lowbies at precisely the 5 minutes of time they spend in there out of thousands of hours? That defeats the purpose of effort being put into PvP on a PvE server in the first place.

By that logic PvPers do not do anything else in the game besides camp. PvPers waste 10,000 times more time than a person going to town for 30 seconds after dying. Apparently people on PvE servers view PvPers as people who are dedicated and hard core enough wait for hours to kill a person.

The reason why it isn't significant to me is that for every 30 seconds a noob dies and goes to town, a PvPer would have to wait for hours just to kill someone. Clearly you did not think this through yourself the multiplied effort a PvPer would need to maintain to get the gratification of one kill... Do you think PvPers think it's worth it to wait hours for a kill? You're delusional. The time someone would have to wait killing someone in a PvE server would have already granted them the ability to re-roll a PvP server.

I PvP a lot myself, but when I PvP, I go where the PvP is at. Silver Frost is where the PvE is at, so it makes no sense to look there. The PvP zones are west arch and silver pool for the most part.

Yes ... Members of Enrage and GoldDigrz camp out waiting for low lvl victims on Heavens Tear server. They are the 2 most powerful guilds on the server and they want every low lvl person to know it. I am sure they are probably setting up a fee for safe passage for those willing to spend 1 million coins or more to do their quests.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Not only did I get pk'd while trying to help a faction made with Dismal Shade, now my password isn't working. Now this **** has to pop up? Frankie will you please explain to me what the hell is going on? lol
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why do you assume lvl 101-105 like to waste time on 8x?

what makes you think there's any assuming going on? all we need to do is stick our heads into SP and try to see who kills us... before we're teleported out. (if there's not enough time to get a look at them, well, that in itself is telling.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited September 2011
    Not only did I get pk'd while trying to help a faction made with Dismal Shade, now my password isn't working. Now this **** has to pop up? Frankie will you please explain to me what the hell is going on? lol

its Simple. The devs are tired of the complaints about blue names picking up pvp drops so now they made blue names free game for every one b:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Idgaf about the quest stuff. I like it.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011

dunno about shelly, but i can think of a couple whole TW guilds on heaven's tear you'd be more than welcome to have...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited September 2011
    1. This is the way the developers preferred to implement it. Still, we can bring this up as a possible alternative.

2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

3. Weapon token quest can be obtained at 19, right? You can tele in at 21, so yes, you would need to wait a couple levels to be able to bypass SP.

I'm compiling a list of your complaints and I'll forward them to the devs. We'll see if we can't resolve some of these issues in some way or another.

Please continue discussing; we're all ears.

Yep ... any lvl 70 who gets the quest for Silver Frost should have no problems handling a gang of invisible lvl 101+ sins with all +12 high rep gear that was purchased with daddy's American Express card. Piece of cake.....
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests.

Here is a statement which errs on ignorance.

People who are strong enough to kill silver-frost are not strong enough to defend themselves in PK.

1) How do you defend yourself against the numerous 105 sins that you've allowed to be created in this game?

2) How do you defend yourself against the $1000+ super-shopped rank 9 characters?

3) More variations on numbers 1, 2, except with all classes.

People doing the silverfrost quest today are not people who super-powerful characters to defend themselves with. PWI has created two tiers of players at level 10x. Those with rank 9 and uber-gears and those without.

You might as well be level 20 as a level 100 facing a super-geared rank 9 character. So you honestly think your level 7x, 8x, 9x are going to be able to defend themselves?

REALITY CHECK: If your able to defend yourselves against super-shopped characters - you most likely don't need to do your cultivation anyways. If your doing your OHT cultivation for your 3rd fairy and are on Silverfrost - you likely don't have the gears to be fighting rank 9 characters.
    edited September 2011
    dunno about shelly, but i can think of a couple whole TW guilds on heaven's tear you'd be more than welcome to have...

send em over tbh Lost city could do with some more major Rpk factions to bring back the world pk
  • DreamyVixen - Heavens Tear
    DreamyVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage.

now i dont usually post on here, but when high lvls are helping a friend or faction mate kill silver frost, do they really need to be worried about getting pked at the same time? that seems stupid to me. but hey, i started playing on a pve server to avoid pvp, but it looks like i was wrong in doing that.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Here is a statement which errs on ignorance.

People who are strong enough to kill silver-frost are not strong enough to defend themselves in PK.

1) How do you defend yourself against the numerous 105 sins that you've allowed to be created in this game?

2) How do you defend yourself against the $1000+ super-shopped rank 9 characters?

3) More variations on numbers 1, 2, except with all classes.

People doing the silverfrost quest today are not people who super-powerful characters to defend themselves with. PWI has created two tiers of players at level 10x. Those with rank 9 and uber-gears and those without.

You might as well be level 20 as a level 100 facing a super-geared rank 9 character. So you honestly think your level 7x, 8x, 9x are going to be able to defend themselves?

REALITY CHECK: If your able to defend yourselves against super-shopped characters - you most likely don't need to do your cultivation anyways. If your doing your OHT cultivation for your 3rd fairy and are on Silverfrost - you likely don't have the gears to be fighting rank 9 characters.

+1000 on this.

I remember when I first did Silverfrost in the old days with a full squad (of not uber chars) it took us like 15 minutes. It was a lot of fun and we barely made it. Now throw in a Sin that stealths in and Pks you when you health is at it's lowest.

This policy is simply enabling bullies to have their way.

Even if you have a R9 105 helping you in todays world, it doesn't mean that your char wont get killed if you are not prepared for PvP and uber geared, or are at low health.
    edited September 2011
    i think by that he means solo silverfrost. if your doing it by squad as Quilue said one person in your squad should at least have a contact or two they can use to get by

My veno does solo Silver Frost and she can not handle a group of Sins and BMs above her lvl
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011

now i dont usually post on here, but when high lvls are helping a friend or faction mate kill silver frost, do they really need to be worried about getting pked at the same time? that seems stupid to me. but hey, i started playing on a pve server to avoid pvp, but it looks like i was wrong in doing that.

Let's imagine the worse case scenario -

You managed to get a couple of level 90+ to help you with Silver Frost. You're down to half of its HP or better yet, the last 1% of it. A stealthed 10x+ Sin appears and kills all of you, if Silver Frost hasn't already because you were distracted. Quest incomplete, frustration levels are maxed.
  • IceBleyed - Raging Tide
    IceBleyed - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    First, like many folks, I don't agree with Secret Passage as a good location. If you want a place for it, link one in with the Arena teleporter or other NPC.

Another problem I have is wanna-be pvp'ers who snipe out lower levels because they 'can'. I went through with my (then-)56 'sin and was pk'd twice by the same *** of a bm <would name him but not allowed> while I was blue-named. (The first time I was stealthed for the mobs.) Granted, I wasn't too kind with my reply, but I bluntly told him I wasn't there for pk and that I wasn't happy. When he hit me the second time, I decided to switch to my main, but by the time I got in there, he was either bored, scared or whatever and had already left. The problem was I was TRYING to help my r.l. wife and her <newer> character get some mobs/drops/whatever it was inside the Passage.

In the grand scheme, I give a rip about pvp - if someone else wants to do it, fine, whatever, good for them. I don't care to. If I did, I'd switch modes, lock my gear and have at it. But I'm not a pk'er, and don't want to be, so it needs to change that blue-names cannot be targeted. Someone wants to duel me? Sure, challenge me outright - don't just walk up and hit me. If you did that in real life, damn sure you wouldn't be able to twice. You'd be dead or I would.

As other folks have brought up, as well, there are mandatory quests within the secret passage area not including Deception/Qingzi. From Silverfrost to Shade Eido and Dismal Shade, solo's and squads alike have enough to do without having to watch their backs for jackasses who decide it's their turn to create a squad wipe by pk'ing a cleric in BB.

The long and short of these examples is that - quite simply - pk'ing allowance in the Secret Passage is garbage.
  • ZSin - Harshlands
    ZSin - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what about blue names, they are able to attack us as well as were able to attack them, i know i have accidently attack via tab control and 1 hitting them, i try not to kill and help them when needed but sometime its unavoidable. Im sorry if this has bee posted before i didnt see when i searched. Just leme know if its allowed.
    edited September 2011
    What does it have anything to do with support? I'm a player like yourself. A unpaid volunteer. Resigning will do nothing, and no, I don't plan on doing such thing any time soon.

A lot of us realize that you are trying to be a voice on our behalf and we appreciate what you are doing ...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Let's imagine the worse case scenario -

You managed to get a couple of level 90+ to help you with Silver Frost. You're down to half of its HP or better yet, the last 1% of it. A stealthed 10x+ Sin appears and kills all of you, if Silver Frost hasn't already because you were distracted. Quest incomplete, frustration levels are maxed.

Try to pull it to SZ before you start? If you get stopped before you can do that, probably a bad time to do Silverfrost.
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I was planning to eventually spend more money on this game while I make my slow way up the chain of levels. I love my faction mates and I find the occasional territory war to be fun even though I get one shot constantly, so far I have done nearly every quest available for my main and all of my alts but since that is no longer possible I will be retiring my alts and only playing my main without spending a cent until I find a game worth my time and money.

Have a nice day.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one.

This is not surprising at all, some players have been badmouthing pwi for some time, and I used to disagreed but now I realized how wrong I was.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Try to pull it to SZ before you start?

Or better yet, have PWE do all they possibly can to revert the situation so people won't have to get creative in order to complete a mandatory quest.

People live in different time zones, sometimes it means not doing it at all because the place is hoarded with PKers, or because you didn't manage to get enough people to help you with it due to time differences.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well well, the forums have been buzzing lately.

The idea for an open PK instance with the mechanics that the Secret Passage now has is a good idea, but has been poorly implemented. I always thought that we were going to get a new instance, a copy of the PWIC arena that works like the Secret Passage right now.

The devs back in China could have done this, but didn't, they must have had a reason. I wonder, how is China taking this? They also have a playerbase that does quests and help others do theirs. They have the same problem, but how are they dealing with it?

I'm sure that frankie and the rest of the team have heard us and have taken the appropriate measures to fix this issue. Now we have to play the wating game with China again. In the mean time lets stay calm. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
This discussion has been closed.