Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wierd, aparently we can talk about this but not the rb thing, oh well bump this one then
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    another this is if they cant fix it. then take the exp out of doing the fc and give some sweet reward at end of exp and spirit .

I actually really like this idea. It would stop the selling of heads, fix the glitch, and encourage people to run the entire instance (there could be a quest at the entrance that requires all the bosses or something, to stop people from just selling the last room).

@Razorburn - just want to say it is ridiculous that your thread, with a legitimate question, was closed for the reason that we cannot discuss a glitch on the forums. HELLO MODS, what is this thread doing open then? Hypocritical. I too am curious about the so-called "glitch" in RB. I have heard about it and what it entails; I'm not sure but I suppose it would fall into the category of glitch. However you are not killing mobs that don't fight back, you are just distracting them as it were, and killing the bosses. So I would be curious to know what is thought about this, if it is bannable etc. (A lot of squads do RB this way now and I would like to know *before* I consider joining if this is going to be considered a bannable glitch.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I actually really like this idea. It would stop the selling of heads, fix the glitch, and encourage people to run the entire instance (there could be a quest at the entrance that requires all the bosses or something, to stop people from just selling the last room).

impossible, people will charge less without fc
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Discussion of glitches/exploits/hacks is not allowed on the PWI forums.

Closed.

So uh Kritty... why uh... why is this thread still open? I mean.. not to be a **** to the guy that made this one and the people that have posted here but... isn't it a bit messed up to just pick and choose what threads you close when they each violate the same rule?

Just sayin'

'cause you know..

I just love callin' you on ****..

and stuff..
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rarely do I ever agree with Zan, but I do now. Close this thread.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well the fact that one gets closed-they probably don't know how widespread the other is- oh, and the rb thing makes players money-not pwi so much so...go figure.
    Anyways the selective enforcement is a large part of whats wrong with the way pwi choose to handle this. They could have came down super widespread an harsh to strike fear into stoping it or said sorry its ok for all to do. They choose instead to create inequality between players. Pwi is not stupid-they know that the general public is not going to not do something just because its not moral when the game is a competiton of sorts.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So uh Kritty... why uh... why is this thread still open? I mean.. not to be a **** to the guy that made this one and the people that have posted here but... isn't it a bit messed up to just pick and choose what threads you close when they each violate the same rule?

Just sayin'

'cause you know..

I just love callin' you on ****..

and stuff..

It's the same as the anniversary QQ (which was actually legit).
    It's much easier to confine all the comments to a single thread where they can be ignored.

It also gives them an excuse to close every single other thread. 'Keeping forums clean etc'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this topic is too epic to close it and bug is still not fixed
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh, they could 'fix it, the way the FB out in Buried Bones or Dawns Cry Isle are fixed-by closing them down. but i have a feeling that if there is a way to milk it for more money, it will remain unfixed. for my part,its not one i can run alone, even if i really wanted to. this game is intended to be all about teamwork among the various peoples, not a race to lv105. what is the point of going so fast to that goal? just so you can be bored?

in PW, its the journey, not the end, that is the real goal.
    There is a very easy fix....if they seriously can't think of it there is something very wrong with their devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh, they could 'fix it, the way the FB out in Buried Bones or Dawns Cry Isle are fixed-by closing them down. but i have a feeling that if there is a way to milk it for more money, it will remain unfixed. for my part,its not one i can run alone, even if i really wanted to. this game is intended to be all about teamwork among the various peoples, not a race to lv105. what is the point of going so fast to that goal? just so you can be bored?

in PW, its the journey, not the end, that is the real goal.

all i am saying is this
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=312341 +
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=305901 +
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=293641 =
    PROFIT
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Glad to see this glitch is still around and about. Isn't level 105 just a-a-amazing!? b:victory
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Personally I'm kinda worried that they are going to ruin one of the most fun things about FC when they get rid of the glitch. The boxes. I got my auspicious ring: order that way. I like them a lot and they add a nice reward for actually doing the whole thing instead of quitting at the heads. It's a great alternative or in conjunction with rank gear. But I get the feeling they are gonna just get rid of the stupid thing, :\ Even though the obvious answer would be to just make the goons worth 1 xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sooo about closing this thread for the discussion of a glitch.....
  • decpicable
    decpicable Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hmm maybe if they made the mob lets say Rage if active longer than say 20 minutes it would end the exploitation of the glitch? Party wipe after party wipe seems like a reasonable reason to stop.

Or similar to the secret boss in SoT has to be activated in x amount of time or is not there and if not dead in x amount of time make it go away.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Remove it from spawning any dragoonz would have taken 1 patch. From their get your proper fix and all was right with the world or something like that. Don't mind me I'm just making complete sense right now.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Remove it from spawning any dragoonz would have taken 1 patch. From their get your proper fix and all was right with the world or something like that. Don't mind me I'm just making complete sense right now.

This. And hey, they could even make the removal of the spawn the fix... sure that boss would be more boring, but it's not like having to kill two dragoons while you kill it was much of a challenge in the first place.

But they have let it go too long, and fixing it is no longer the issue now. Like someone said previously, if they don't roll back the levels of everyone that abused this glitch, they might as well just legalize it or it is not fair to everyone who won't break the ToS to level and thus gets left behind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

QFT, even when putting up a front that they actually want to fix this glitch, PWE shamelessly continues to milk it for all it's worth.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Goons goons goons. God, goons are a blast to kill! b:victory
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Goons goons goons. God, goons are a blast to kill! b:victory

goons have warsoul.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    goons have warsoul.

Yeah.. but then he went R9
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have no troubles believing that a few people have been doing the glitch for a year or so. A year ago, you probably needed to gather a full squad of the very best geared people on your server to actually handle the glitch. So it makes sense to keep it within said people.

Nowadays - at a time when everybody is R9 +10/+12 - the amount of people who can actually handle the glitch is much, much greater and hence most everyone is doing it. Truth is the glitch has probably been around since the last time Frost was changed.

I wouldn't be surprised either if a few months from now we find a glitch in Nirvana too. Come to think of it I can't think of an instance that doesn't have a part of it that can't be glitched.

PS : I was truely amused by the different sales PWI released during this whole month, shortly after acknowledging the "glitch problem", i.e Hyper Sales and what not. Hilarious.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ps yeah charms an hyper sale right after glitch becomes most popular....waiting on irongaurd an vacuity powder to hit boutique an go on sale
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    well, since frankie is blessing us with his once-a-month presence on forums, care to update/comment on this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I figure out, that everything is allowed in this game. Regardless of TOS. FC glitch is clear prove. So people don't hesitate to break TOS. Nothing can happen to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prien - Lost City
    Prien - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I figure out, that everything is allowed in this game. Regardless of TOS. FC glitch is clear prove. So people don't hesitate to break TOS. Nothing can happen to you.

i beg to difeer on that issue Mum i just got my sin back from such a incident
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    well, since frankie is blessing us with his once-a-month presence on forums, care to update/comment on this thread?

" We are under invest.. bla bla bla.. the dev on Ch... bla bla... " b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Prien - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    moon i can vouch for the fact that gms are watching us. i just got my sin back from ban for wc fc glitch. trust me they are watching us
  • Prien - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    glad to see some lost city in forums cheze
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I know they always watching us. b:cute b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    moon i can vouch for the fact that gms are watching us. i just got my sin back from ban for wc fc glitch. trust me they are watching us
    With so many hitting 105 and pretty much zero world chats anymore I would say you obviously weren't very discrete about it. Most of the people I know are doing it are leveling in specific squads that stay hush hush and don't make much noise about it. They certainly haven't been banning based on how quickly people are attaining levels 103-105, which is obviously the most logical way to deduce who is doing it.