[Promotion] Facebook Connect - Receive Jones' Blessing!

Comments

• Artras - Lost City
    Artras - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Still the same **** >> You must like the PWI fan page to get your reward.

b:infuriatedb:infuriated
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I just wanted to point out that I created a Facebook account explicitly for these blessings. (I have zero intention of Facebook having anything to do with my life, but there's no other way to get these blessings. b:surrender)

I was able to get them fine the first 2 days, but not since. I've tried different browsers (IE 9, Mozilla Seamonkey [PC/Mac], Opera [PC/Mac], Safari [PC/Mac], IE Mobile 6), I've tried using computers in other locations, I've tried the suggestions to unlike and relike, I've tried everything I can think of. Nothing shows up in my news feed, but the page tells me "Post limit exceeded for this Facebook account. Please wait one day."

All I really want is a semi-permanent Anni Blessing (now that they're back with a new name, this somewhat pleases me...), but I was willing to take Jones's Blessing without the def lvl. I don't want to be stuck making accounts on third-party websites just for the e-peen stroking of "look how popular sock puppet accounts make us look!" And I don't want to be at a severe PvP disadvantage just because some people have looser values/morals/whatever.

So, I created a facebook account to give in to the last point and fulfill the first point, grudgingly. The least that PWE could do is actually give me the item. Please? b:sad

As a data point: in some cases, it seems that my login to the site via pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook doesn't actually "stick"; I'm still logged out if I navigate to a different page.

PWE, why can't you just stick them in the Event Boutique or something? b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've tried this time and time and time again, I cannot get this blessing. This is extremely frustrating and I have tried every method possible of obtaining it.

FIX THE ****ING JONES BLESSING PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    COPIED & PASTED from my own post on the O'Malley blessing thread - and tested again today and this method does seem to work just fine.

I THINK I've figured away around this issue as I finally was able to get a blessing last night.

Start by making sure you are logged out of PWI site, then go to facebook and find any previous posts by PWI and revoke their publishing rights on your facebook.

Then LOG OUT of facebook.

Then go to blessings page and log in to PWI site. When it asks you to log in to facebook, make sure the box for "keep me logged in" is UNCHECKED.

Click like.

You should then get the option to choose your blessing, server, and character. Viola! Blessing in the mailbox.

Well, it worked for me, anyway. Everyone else try and let me know if it works for you, too :)

Edit: Note, I did this using Firefox. Also, if you've already tried today, forget it, it won't work. Wait until tomorrow and start fresh using the directions above - and please, post back and let me know your experiences with my little experiment.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    COPIED & PASTED from my own post on the O'Malley blessing thread - and tested again today and this method does seem to work just fine.

There's no need to spam multiple threads. And it doesn't work.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
    edited July 2011
    There's no need to spam multiple threads. And it doesn't work.

Considering you can't see the private messages between a mod and myself, maybe you should hush. I felt the need to post it in both the Jones' and the O'Malley threads because I posted it first in the O'Malley thread but it seemed the QQ was mostly only going on in the Jones' thread, so I added it there, too. It's fairly proven that the PWI player base doesn't always bother to use the search function and/or actually read every, single thread - just look how many "Blessing page doesn't work QQ" threads there are already.

And yeah, it worked for me no problem after weeks of not being able to get a blessing. If someone has logged in to PWI through the blessing page any time in the last 24 hours, no, it won't work, I tested it myself today - I was able to log in to blessing page, then facebook through the blessing page, and then it tells me posts exceeded for today (or w/e it says) because it had been less than 24 hours since I last logged in using that page.

It seems the blessing page is overly sensitive to log-ins, and if you at any time checked the box to "keep me logged in" on the facebook sign-in pop-up, it will not work for some reason. But when I started fresh, several days after my last attempt, and made sure I was logged out of all sites first, it worked exactly as it should. If it didn't work for you, sorry, but I'd still like others to try and let me know if it worked for them.

If I'm actually attempting to be helpful, I don't consider it spamming - your reply to me was really completely useless. But whatever makes you feel cool, I guess...
  • sonsofanarchy
    sonsofanarchy Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I never got either of mines although I clicked the "Like" and it added a post to my facebook, nothing in the mail b:cry - I did all the things Willow suggested but then came up i had exceeded my daily limit
    edited July 2011
    I never got either of mines although I clicked the "Like" and it added a post to my facebook, nothing in the mail b:cry - I did all the things Willow suggested but then came up i had exceeded my daily limit

Damn, sorry :(

I'm out of ideas now b:shutup
  • Naime/ - Sanctuary
    Naime/ - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    too bad HALF the people on pw cant even get it anymore. This sucks. Until this **** is fixed I'm unliking forsaken world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like a pie...
    Sometimes you want to enjoy it, and other times you want to shove it into someone's face. -.-

I LOVE YOU ALLEN!!!! ^.^
  • Naime/ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    *unlikes Perfect World On Facebook Until They Fix It*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like a pie...
    Sometimes you want to enjoy it, and other times you want to shove it into someone's face. -.-

I LOVE YOU ALLEN!!!! ^.^
  • Naime/ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Oh yeah forgot to mention I've ALSO tried every possible method of obtaining it. I'm SICK if being one of the few with lower attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like a pie...

I LOVE YOU ALLEN!!!! ^.^
  • lightcharm
    lightcharm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Done. I don't know what they did but this time when I tried to get it got stuck in a page load loop. Well at least my page didn't get spammed with the ad and I get no Jone's Blessing for the umpteenth time.
    "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." -John3:16
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Tried the new page today, whit IE. 1st I log out of FB. then I use google to find the blessing page. I log in the account, press the log in FB. Log in FB, then press the Like button, Small vid pop up to tell me it posted on FB. and .....

Nothing more.

It does not give me the server and character select.

So I tried again in opera. Post limit exceeded message.

So I'm starting to work on a voodoo drawer were I will sacrifice mouse to the FB god of the jone's blessing pretty soon. In hopping blood will make gods give me a virtual blessing. Hell why don't you just boost all the player skill 30% and be done whit that.

any way, still not fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Artras - Lost City
    Artras - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i have just created a new FB acc today... and worked to get that stupid blessing...

hope i can get it tomorow to...

SEEM THAT PW WANTS MORE LIKES ON FB....

dont think that those likes on FB will make PW more popular after all this trouble with those blessings...
  • MissMarch - Heavens Tear
    MissMarch - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2011

this is a good though

Thanks for nothing PWI

starts to make me think WoW is a better choiceb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • ciastko666
    ciastko666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm getting sick of waiting untill they fix it. I don't understand-why they put a limit on it? Because of it I am no longer albe to receive The Blessing-it says "You have to like PWI's facebook fanpage" or "Post limit blablabla". It's really frustrating and I'm tired of trying to get the blessing. I won't like ANY of Perfect World's games untill they fix that b:fatb y problem.
  • Juriana - Heavens Tear
    Juriana - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Psst, hey PWI...

Jones blessing is still not working for me. I absolutely refuse to create a new Facebook account just for this blessing, it's ridiculous and I should be able to get the blessing on my main FB. The PWI page is liked by my main page, yet when I go to get Jones blessing I still get the message "You must like the PWI fan page to get your reward." The 'Like' button is grayed out, meaning I have liked this page on FB.

I've unliked it, reliked it, cleared my cookies and reliked it, tried the three tabs thing (and failed)...My FB page gets spammed but I don't even get to the page where I'm asked to choose a server/character. Just what the hell?

Condensed: FIX PLZZZZZ.

Kthnxbb

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    tried again today whit opera this time, I log out of facebook. And I had remove the PWI from my like on facebook from my last try. It pop a window for autorisation then I click the like button cause it ask to do it. and got the same loop again, I get the same thing on the new blessing page.

I think I,ll just give up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orlet - Dreamweaver
    Orlet - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Tried all of the stuff on my main FB account, only creating a completely blank new one worked. C'mon, people, fix the darn thing!
  • XFiere - Heavens Tear
    XFiere - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I finally managed to get DeathsCreed method to work. It didn't work on Firefox for me so I tried Google Chrome and I made a new FB account. My suggestions (do all three):

1. Try a different Browser
    2. New FB account
    3. With DeathsCreed method make sure you haven't tried getting the blessing yet (i.e. wait 1-2 days)

Also there might be a delay, when you sign in at http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook the FB Log in (blue) button appears (DON'T CLICK IT) just wait for awhile and the options should appear soon.

Note: it seems I'm only able to get it every second day (otherwise it says Post limit exceeded).

I hope this helps?
  • Kalaigh - Sanctuary
    Kalaigh - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This flippin Bites!! It doesnt work for me anymore!!
  • GrungyPhReaK - Dreamweaver
    GrungyPhReaK - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Going on a couple weeks now and still not getting my blessings. Very upsetting seeing PWI not making an effort to respond to a problem.
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Broke again for me. Worked yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • Divedevil - Harshlands
    Divedevil - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It doesn't work .. I click on "I like" and came back to same page b:sad
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Ok so I got to try this again today.
    1 - went in face book deleted all the application for pwi.
    2 - Deleted all cookies and cache from opera, even run CCleaner to be sure.
    3 - Open opera went to the Blessing page
    4 - Log in PWI and Log in Facebook whit no problem
    5 - Press the allow button then the like button and here is what I have :

Blessing page
    Facebook page

So the publishing work but I never got button to select the server and character.

No loop this time, witch is probably good. I will try again tomorrow whit IE instead.

:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ferrismorgan
    ferrismorgan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    for the love of god, fix this problem there are many like me who need the jone's blessing b:sadb:sad

many of my friends stopped playing so, that is that some players stopped playing PW for the problem of Bless Box ....
    made a modification of the page ...
    What did not go through your mind all the complaints about the problem of jone's Blessing?
    and also ... I get tired of seeing the number of people rises to click "like" going to grow ...
    that's why they have not fixed?
    more than one and I are frustrated b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Divedevil - Harshlands
    Divedevil - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hey PWI .. fix your Jones Blessing getting loop after I press "I b:sadlike" It's not fair if some has it and some not .... wait what is "fair" in PWI ??
  • MissMarion - Raging Tide
    MissMarion - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Still doesnt work. Please do something.
    My facebook shows it as i have done it but i havnt gotten it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 103________Psychic 100
    Cleric 101______________Seeker 100
    Barbarian 101___________Mystic 100
    Blademaster 100________Stormbringer 100
    Wizard 100_____________Duskblade 70
    Assassin 100
    Archer 100
  • XFiere - Heavens Tear
    XFiere - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @TCHP try this:

Log out of Facebook and pwi.
    Then go to http://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO and click the like button. It'll ask you to log in, do so. (like button should have disappeared from the page)
    Open new tab and paste in http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook. Log in and this should appear http://i56.tinypic.com/51ufwx.jpg
    If this button appears (if it doesn't change browser/fb account) don't click it and wait until the options appear).
  • Delusive - Momaganon
    Delusive - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why don't PW staff just make a NPC in-game, from which we could get our blessings?!
This discussion has been closed.