New Forum Look...

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lets look at the benefits of this layout.
    -You can't hide text
    -no more troll looking avatars
    -The forum isn't even more glitched/broken then before
    -etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    -You can't hide text
    -etc.

-Actually, you can hide text...
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    -You can't hide text
    -etc.

and i totally loved the troll avatars. Anyway I'd like to hear official word about getting tiger smilies on these forums >.>
  • Appley - Lost City
    Appley - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:sad
    QQ.

I don't really like it. I liked the old style more. I don't really mind the colour, it's not that bad.
    But the troll/edit your char picture is really awfull. Adblocked them. b:surrender
    And the earthguard in header is way of for me. b:chuckle He's hovering about 2 inches up over the forum, hiding behind the game info/community/download/media bar. b:chuckle

And yeah, I don't really like the extra space everywhere.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Agrees with too much space.
    And I still got the problem that I just can't tell whats new and what's not. Or which page I'm on b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Thorogen - Archosaur
    Thorogen - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    First noticed the change when I went to refresh the DQ rewards page a few hours ago. Thought pw site was broken or something lol
    b:surrender

> The colors are ok. Makes it a bit easier for me to read actually.
    > Some of the menus seem more complicated than they need to be, and some of the links they go to don't even exist. Should just have them link to the corresponding wiki page o.o
    > Don't particularly like the font.

That is all.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    -Actually, you can hide text...
    What color is that and how did you select it.
    and i totally loved the troll avatars. Anyway I'd like to hear official word about getting tiger smilies on these forums >.>

Where did you hear about this tiger smiles?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So this was intentional??? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    b:sad
    QQ.

I don't really like it. I liked the old style more. I don't really mind the colour, it's not that bad.
    But the troll/edit your char picture is really awfull. Adblocked them. b:surrender
    And the earthguard in header is way of for me. b:chuckle He's hovering about 2 inches up over the forum, hiding behind the game info/community/download/media bar. b:chuckle

And yeah, I don't really like the extra space everywhere.

Pretty sure that's a female figure...at least, it looks like the same one that's been on the patcher since the expansion.b:shutup
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I still want to know if they are going to give special recognition to the child they picked from the local mental hospital to make this new design. It's a great public service they did by allowing a "special" child to design their forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I still want to know if they are going to give special recognition to the child they picked from the local mental hospital to make this new design. It's a great public service they did by allowing a "special" child to design their forums.

I just about spit my drink all over my computer!! b:sweatb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I hate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What color is that and how did you select it.

You actually took time quoting him, maybe you could have just looked what color code he was using? Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KolaKnight - Sanctuary
    KolaKnight - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I hope this isnt the best we got, over all its not too bad but the bugs need to be taken out

The General population of this place, is just plan rude as hell....am i the onle one to see this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Where did you hear about this tiger smiles?

Nowhere , I suggested it but want to hear official word on if my dream will become reality D:
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The new forum layout looks like ****. Anyone who says otherwise is trollin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    im ok with it.
    AT LAST i can login at work without the old website redirecting forum links to a googlead.somthing and never loading -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    im ok with it.
    AT LAST i can login at work without the old website redirecting forum links to a googlead.somthing and never loading -.-

Aw hell, is THAT why the forum would conk out? PWE, remember that some of us are on networks that block access to potential information leakage (such as google analytics...).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    im ok with it.

^ This.

I don't know what they did, but when they played with the forums, they fixed the ad redirect issue.b:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    <_< They seem to have broken the background in the last 2 minutes or so. =P
    :D Happy I can still hide text though!!
    I've been getting more loading lag now than with the old lay out (probably because of the tweaking, understandable), and I had to change my sig because of the mud colored background. ;_;

Edit: Why do I almost always get the first post on the new page? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I was wondering when this was gonna change into PWE's new layout for a while... Actually, it's not THAT bad, but this background color and text color makes my head hurt after a while. I also didn't expect for everything to be brown.

Okay really, the colors are hurting.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Samwen - Lost City
    Samwen - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can live with the crappy colours and stuff, it's the spacing thats bothering me hugely. Before you could see loads of topics on first page of general discussion. Now you see what, 10?

I HATE THE SPACING.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Using Opera 11.50, I am unable to login in the upper right corner of the forums. I have to use the login link.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Using Opera 11.50, I am unable to login in the upper right corner of the forums. I have to use the login link.

In 11.50, I see lots of black. All dead space above "Edit your avatar" :(

EDIT: Oh sure, I make a post about it and it brings back a couple of pieces. *sigh*
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Appley - Lost City
    Appley - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's a female figure...at least, it looks like the same one that's been on the patcher since the expansion.b:shutup

True. b:chuckle I only see hand/weapon and top of hair on forums. So forgott. b:chuckle
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i like the new website design, wish there was a bit less spacing between threads here on the forums however
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This forum update is good if you are 60+ years old and have sight problem...

Cmon, i can visualize a lot less topics and my screen is not that small (17")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    This forum update is good if you are 60+ years old and have sight problem...

Nope, then the low contrast becomes an issue. b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This forum update is good if you are a mod or a GM and you enjoying lying to the community about positive changes to these god awful forums

Yep, pretty much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011