[Server maintenance tonight!] 5-31-11 [COMPLETE]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all, we will be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And to start up the usual maintenance discussion:

What was the first class you chose to make when you first started playing PWI? Did you stick with it? Why or why not?
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Patch Notes Version 528
    Released June 1, 2011

Phoenix Valley
    Two more brackets have been opened up for higher level players within Phoenix Valley. Players that are Lv85 - 94 and Lv95+ will have access to their own version of Phoenix Valley.

Chronobike Dyeing
    Now that the Seamstress is looking good, she's got a new outlook on life and a new skill. Speak to her if you want to dye your Chronobike.

Pet Eggs
    It is now possible to bind Pet Eggs to yourself using Binding Charms.

Misc
    The Chieftain's Battlecat was unintentionally renamed Thunder Leopard. It should be fixed with the next patch.

b:thanks
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    YAY maintenance :D
  • Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear
    Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I chose a veno, I played it for nearly 2 years. Then made an archer and a Sin. I just grew tired of the veno, and wanted to play a Male char.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You're lateb:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just a friendly reminder:
    Tonight is the last night to cast your vote for the New Arrivals Video Contest.
    Opinions and (constructive) feedback are always welcome.

@question: Been a barb since Day One, and wouldn't trade my fur for anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Bananas!

*Throws them*

Monkey see, monkey get!

Oh, wizard. When I quit, it was when levelling was still hard and painful....and stuff.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    aww I was looking forward to no maintenance =\

oh well... yay for page 1 :D

[For some reason I lost my really long post I had in here so in summary (because I sure aint typin' it all over again)]:
    When I first started playing (I was not only new to PWi, but to MMO's as a whole), I picked a BM. When R/T came out (and the seemingly scarcity of clerics and barbs - since everyone ran off to make a sin or psy) I made a cleric and a barb. Later down the line I made a Wizzard and Sin for TW and PvP respectively. I also decided to make a Seeker when Genesis 'dropped'. Overall I am VERY glad I picked a BM (being that it was initially a blind choice since I was a complete noob when I made the decision)... He is still by far the funnest to play and my favorite till this day! My BM is in it for the long haul (105 baybee! [someday]) I would have to say my next favorite is the Cleric. There is nothing better than having the ability to give life -- or to TAKE IT *Evil Grin*... My Barb, Wizzard, and Sin -- Meh... I have not really played my seeker a whole lot, just seems too similar to the BM I guess. Although I have been told the seeker does better with no VIT than a BM... and ofc I've heard the standard line, that "they're OP"... So maybe I'll actively play my seeker when I hit 105 with my BM (I've had the goal to hit 105 since day 1 -- just because he's my first character if not anything else [and I'm in no hurry])...

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    <Chose a BM, still a BM b:victory
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Reserved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Started as a Wizard.. no knowledge of the game.. i screwed his stats lol
    Now a BM and Archer
    started a new wizard though
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    <Chose a BM, still a BM b:victory

Bloody Moderator.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My first was a barb, but I have tried almost every class (haven't tried a seeker yet)

My barb is 102...so yeah, stuck with that. also have a 95 sin, a veno and cleric in there 70s, and some other randoms.

Sin has kinda overtaken barb as my favorite...just because they are OP and moneymakers, where as barbs suck you dry.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    October 22nd 2008, heavy mage.
    Lost City server
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2011
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Bananas!

*Throws them*

Monkey see, monkey get!

Oh, wizard. When I quit, it was when levelling was still hard and painful....and stuff.

You ditched me like a cheap umbrella. Remember all the times we spent together? Where's the love?!? b:sad
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Yasrae - Sanctuary
    Yasrae - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Veno was my first, wasn't to keen on keeping her so made a BM which stayed and is lvl85, Also have a Mystic at 86. Have played almost everything except for barb.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I chose an Archer. I've since switched over to an Assassin as an Assassin characterizes best what I wanted to do in the game: A melee-range DD/tank hybrid. Originally, I was torn between a BM and an Archer and I was told that BMs are AoE tanks, so I picked an Archer instead. That was way before Anniversary Packs so at the time pretty much all BMs were axe builds.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hey all, we will be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

What was the first class you chose to make when you first started playing PWI? Did you stick with it? Why or why not?

Cleric. Healing and magical damage? Whats not to like? Turns out everything was not to like. Games full of *******s and because there are no limits on what skills you can obtain, you cant play a cleric and avoid healing :/

Shes now a 100 Level 8 BS/Tailor/Craftsman crafting character only. I will never play cleric again....

Also, tell us what you plan to not fix plox <3
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Veno wanted to be a solo class, and No because it coudlnt keep up with aps
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Veno, changed to sin after 5 months because of their OP ways
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Choose a veno, stuck with veno because i can still help people, and my pets are cool, + I haven't reached lv 100 yet, so there's still loads to do. ^^
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Choose a veno, stuck with veno because i can still help people, and my pets are cool, + I haven't reached lv 100 yet, so there's still loads to do. ^^

So naive.... Your innocence makes my heart weep for your futire...b:sad
  • Stassi - Dreamweaver
    Stassi - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My first class was Archer. I made it to level 25-30ish and decided to give up because it was too hard. Now I play Veno/Cleric/Psychic simultaneously.
  • Ashai - Dreamweaver
    Ashai - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I made a veno as my first class shortly before the tideborn expansion. I later made a psy, cleric, and sin all of which I love. Veno got very repetitive later on and I wanted something more challenging b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Was originally a veno over on MY. Became a cleric over here. Still love both classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    First was a BM. BM for life.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My first character was a Wizard; started reading the forums, read something about having having a Veno to make money for all your other characters, rolled the Veno for that purpose & fell in love:) Just started with the Wizzie again though; and got her up to level 77 so far, so I haven't forgotten about her completely. One day she will be as cool as that level 100 something Wiz from Calamity who soloed Mantavip for my veno & several others on one of their 'boss days" :D That was just awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Started on PWI a an archer. Eventually made everything else.

Still love and play my archer.
  • VitaNova - Archosaur
    VitaNova - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Was originally a wizzie, then TB came out and rolled a psy, then switched servers and made another psy, then switched servers and made another psy, then quit pwi came back and made a 4th lvl 100 psy... Moral of this story is, I really like psy's...