[Server maintenance tonight!] 5-31-11 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• lulubeth
    lulubeth Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I was invited by a friend to play PWI as my very first MMORPG. By that time, I didn't understand anything about the game and couldn't be bothered to research about it... The Tideborn was the newest race but I didn't know this as I joined the game a couple of months later after the two classes became available.

I always were drawn to magic, so naturally the magic classes stood out for me. I end up with a psychic because of mermaids being one of my preferred mystical creatures and one that can actually cast magic? Couldn't be more pleased! Until I bothered doing some research when leveling became a bit of a hassle and started to notice that magic classes weren't exactly wanted (with the exception for the abused cleric and sometimes veno xD). I end up messing up my char but still loves her and keep her as my main in hopes to fix her when time (and laziness) stops being a drag-queen. After all, I really enjoy playing her.

Oh, I also tried a veno, had lots of fun. Ditch her to keep playing my psy, then tried a cleric and died in the process. Keep playing my psy, got stuck on a culti, move on to mystic, had lots of funs again. Move on to veno again with the intention of farming 'cause I refuse doing me a sin for that. Not that I hate them. 8D

/Endof'asomewhat'dramaticstory

Psychic. Because magical mermaids are awesome and a challenge for the **** and the lazy. Like me. (In my PoV, of course). <--- Longstoryshort :o
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What the hell are you talking about? there's music!

Oh wait... no one listens to the boring *** game music after like a week at most.....b:surrender rofl

I stopped listening to that **** within the first 10 minutes of playing.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ergg what are we gonna do for another whole hour...
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    another hour???? Maint. is supposed to be over um.. now
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What the hell are you talking about? there's music!

Oh wait... no one listens to the boring *** game music after like a week at most.....b:surrender rofl

I never noticed it until it was gone. it's surprising how quiet it is without it. And yes, usually I have last.fm on in the background. But it's still nice having that music. A select few of us enjoy it. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Maralynne - Lost City
    Maralynne - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Servers are up!
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Servers are up.
  • Xyonz - Sanctuary
    Xyonz - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Maintance should b done by now, it's 1.05am now
    Server R UP Yay cya in game
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    another hour???? Maint. is supposed to be over um.. now

*points to forum clock* not according to pwi ;) maybe they're runnin on the dst-inept forum clock and thus, will take another hour to get em back online.
  • Gungi - Dreamweaver
    Gungi - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    in b:chuckle
  • monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Servers are officially up!

Thanks again folks.

b:victory
  • Maralynne - Lost City
    Maralynne - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    25 gold for a medal of glory, same as last time?
  • ElaWahya - Dreamweaver
    ElaWahya - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    my first class was a archer because i loved the crits and loved the style of game play they offer
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    last.fm? ewwwww i just searched for that station in Windows Media player. u call that music? made me wanna puke rofl...... srry i'm into Distrubed and Metallica and stuff... and trance. 1.FM and 1CLUB.FM... and try out a station called Agression Distortion.
  • RedFlash - Harshlands
    RedFlash - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i m updating the patch however i m stuck on "aipolicy.data" its not going any further n i get the error "file dwnlod error" tell me wht to do???
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    lulubeth wrote: »
    I was invited by a friend to play PWI as my very first MMORPG. By that time, I didn't understand anything about the game and couldn't be bothered to research about it... The Tideborn was the newest race but I didn't know this as I joined the game a couple of months later after the two classes became available.

I always were drawn to magic, so naturally the magic classes stood out for me. I end up with a psychic because of mermaids being one of my preferred mystical creatures and one that can actually cast magic? Couldn't be more pleased! Until I bothered doing some research when leveling became a bit of a hassle and started to notice that magic classes weren't exactly wanted (with the exception for the abused cleric and sometimes veno xD). I end up messing up my char but still loves her and keep her as my main in hopes to fix her when time (and laziness) stops being a drag-queen. After all, I really enjoy playing her.

Oh, I also tried a veno, had lots of fun. Ditch her to keep playing my psy, then tried a cleric and died in the process. Keep playing my psy, got stuck on a culti, move on to mystic, had lots of funs again. Move on to veno again with the intention of farming 'cause I refuse doing me a sin for that. Not that I hate them. 8D

/Endof'asomewhat'dramaticstory

Psychic. Because magical mermaids are awesome and a challenge for the **** and the lazy. Like me. (In my PoV, of course). <--- Longstoryshort :o

Way to type 99% of it in black so no one can see it and no one reads it thinking it's just blank space lol
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    http://youtu.be/Q2FibuOLy28

There are some good tracks in the game.

ijs
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    *points to forum clock* not according to pwi ;) maybe they're runnin on the dst-inept forum clock and thus, will take another hour to get em back online.

*points to threads that have been all over the forums for years now.* These forums are stupid and can't change when everyone else does (or i should say whoever's coding it, they fix it it breaks again, endless cycle...). It's always an hour behind half the year. lol
  • monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i m updating the patch however i m stuck on "aipolicy.data" its not going any further n i get the error "file dwnlod error" tell me wht to do???

Hi RedFlash,

Since the patch is a fairly large size, there is a chance that it hasn't fully propagated to all of our servers. Please try again in a few minutes and hopefully your problem will be resolved. If it hasn't, please try the other patch server that's available.
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Can you please stop changing the f*cking font every week? b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IsolateD - Lost City
    IsolateD - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    patch downloads but gets stuck on the auto patch and the manual patch says file corrupted idk what to do QQ
  • Brainphart - Sanctuary
    Brainphart - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011

-Headdesk- Weeeeell, you could, like myself, have the unfortunate dismay of a super slow net that can't support the patch. Last time I exceeded my bandwidth and then tried to do a patch I had to uninstall and reinstall. at, 111% it took nearly a weak to download it, not including the installation. Good on you Telstra and your stupid 12 gig plans for those of us in remote locations. We hate you. b:cry
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    ya what he said, i dl'ed fine, give it 5 ... ten minutes... if you're STILL stuck every time.... reinstall. b:surrender I think in that circumstance the only thing you'll have to redo is your combos (macros). Pretty sure everything else is saved server side or can be reset to how u like in a couple seconds in the UI.

As for the in-game music.. holy **** u guys are right, there isn't any! LOL! Way to go brainless devs... how do you keep managing to BREAK **** you shouldn't even be TOUCHING? b:laugh b:laugh
    ya like they're gonna read that anyway... b:surrender
  • lulubeth
    lulubeth Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Way to type 99% of it in black so no one can see it and no one reads it thinking it's just blank space lol

I did not do it with that in mind, though. 8D
  • RedFlash - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    -Headdesk- Weeeeell, you could, like myself, have the unfortunate dismay of a super slow net that can't support the patch. Last time I exceeded my bandwidth and then tried to do a patch I had to uninstall and reinstall. at, 111% it took nearly a weak to download it, not including the installation. Good on you Telstra and your stupid 12 gig plans for those of us in remote locations. We hate you. b:cry

Right now i cancelled all updating n restarted my pc now it seems to work fine...
    u hv a telstra line. which state r u frm?? Optus doesn't provide service thr???
  • Brainphart - Sanctuary
    Brainphart - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Right now i cancelled all updating n restarted my pc now it seems to work fine...
    u hv a telstra line. which state r u frm?? Optus doesn't provide service thr???

HAHA! I wish.
    Sadly no. And I don't have a 'line' I have a Usb stick that is evil. The slightest touch will result in disconnection from the net. As for where you would have to move to receive such crummy service.

. . . You don't want to know. Lets just call it the scourge of civilization.

Oh and the restart thing doesn't work or I would have done so. It currently takes just under, 4.5 minutes to load the page we are on, so yeah.. imagine my poor abused net trying to handle a patch.
  • RedFlash - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    i understand ur situation even i face problms when i use Usb stick. however how long will it take to patch??
    any idea?
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Mara is my 1st toon on PWI

Love been a Veno solo alot things and grind huge amounts of mobs with herc
    Few said i couldnt do HA veno from lvl 1 and was silly & why go HA so i stuck with her to prove a point b:cute it could be done hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peterkw
    peterkw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I actually just started yesterday... my first character is the Seeker.

Seems like I'm the only one b:bye
  • RedFlash - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    peterkw wrote: »
    I actually just started yesterday... my first character is the Seeker.

Seems like I'm the only one b:bye

even my first char is a seeker b:victory
    just tht i m learning ingame things 1 by 1b:pleased