-noms on tearle-

*bumps again*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes Id like to know if they were considering or discussing this, its kind of tedious waiting for something to happen with no updates from the officials.

Here is the "INI Edit Bill of Rights Type Thingy" once again
    As always, feel free to suggest improvements , specifications, clarifications, things I may have left out, etc.
    As the current rules stand, harmless INI edits are not handled justly. Some people are banned for benign modifications, while others are left alone after repeatedly being reported. GMs themselves can use advanced modifications. There is obviously no harm in the modifications we want to be able to do, and thus no necessity for this unjust, unequal, and inconsistent enforcement that is in practice today.

If, hypothetically, the GMs were to start equally banning every player who used an INI edit on their game characters, then quite a large percentage of the game's population(paying customers) would be banned. The current rules against INI edits are simply inappropriate, outdated,and unenforceable.

Other versions of this game have allowed INI edits; and as far as we know, which in this subject is pretty far, there is no reason why the moderate edits listed shouldn't be allowed here.

1. We want to be able to put any race's hairstyles and facial hair, such as that of EG's and TB's, onto any other classes/races.

2. We want to be able to modify our eye textures.

3. We want to be able to freely modify our skin, eye, eyebrow, hair, facial hair, lip, and eye makeup colors using any dimensions of the colors given on the full spectrum.

4. In accordance with the common idea, body size INI edits would not be allowed as they have the potential to be abusive.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nothing to add to the rules I guess.. they are oke imo...

Also bump xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Tsumika - Dreamweaver
    Tsumika - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I like this idea, bump b:pleased
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Seems it's time to bump this again...
    Still hoping for a new reply from frankie...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Anzillu - Raging Tide
    Anzillu - Raging Tide Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Allow us the liberty and freedom to ini edit our characters.

There was this one guy that i sent multiple tickets about over the course of a year (for him having tideborn hair) and nothing was ever done to him or about it. Yet some people are getting banned now for putting earthguard eyes on their other classes. This is a gross injustice.

i believe you just contradicted yourself. you want people to have freedom to edit their character as they choose, but you whined about someone doing that exact thing? hypocrisy FOR THE WIN!!!!
    Dark for fear of failure
    An inner gloom as wide as an eye of fermenting
    Roiling hate
    Death grip in my veins
    Unveiling rancid petals
    Flowering fourth foul nectar
    Space between a blink and a tear
    Death blooms
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i believe you just contradicted yourself. you want people to have freedom to edit their character as they choose, but you whined about someone doing that exact thing? hypocrisy FOR THE WIN!!!!

This is a hasty conclusion to make, as the dates when the OP reported this guy, and the date she decided that INI edits should be allowed are not specified. Generally, it can be assumed that they did not coincide and you have overlooked the possibility that the OP could have thought differently about INI edits then changed her mind, thus not making this action hypocritical.

ijs, dont really wanna argue tho >.>
  • morrinarian
    morrinarian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Read threads before posting annoying snide comments
  • hydrolace
    hydrolace Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Another important thing, pwi probably wouldn't want people to do the 'hair ****' where you can put any of the head fashions (male/female) even if you don't have them, on your character. I highly doubt they would keep this change up long if they lose money from people doing that.
  • Syrinnium - Sanctuary
    Syrinnium - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I vote hell yea, Like most people in this thread i agree that editing of the eyes, hair and colors should be allowed but limiting it at that. i.e. no super huge/skinny characters. I think it would add more depth to the game and may even get more people playing, not to mention it would make the players happier. Yes, you will get the people who will rant on and on about how stupid PWI is about doing this (like we have seen at every update) but i feel the majority of people will be happy with this idea. If not editing the .ini's at least a new section should be added to the character creation screen (as prebiously suggested by quite a few people) that would allow us to use the other hairstyles or eye textures.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hydrolace wrote: »
    Another important thing, pwi probably wouldn't want people to do the 'hair ****' where you can put any of the head fashions (male/female) even if you don't have them, on your character. I highly doubt they would keep this change up long if they lose money from people doing that.

True... but then again, many of us do run around with multiple head fash to change on the fly. So I don't think a large amount of people would do this simply because they'd need a makeover scroll every time they wanted to change their hair... which means either lots of DQ grinding and tele stone spam, or they simply say **** it and get the wigs the normal way.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hydrolace wrote: »

What's stopping people from doing that now? Not like anyone can tell the difference if hair is **** or bought. What we want is to be able to use available ones.

There's nothing in there our efforts that would allow this.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What's stopping people from doing that now? Not like anyone can tell the difference if hair is **** or bought.

If you have your armor visible instead of being in fashion all the time, it becomes painfully obvious that you altered the hair since they're considered fashion (and yes, some people are stupid enough to do this). b:chuckle
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *raises hand* I would be stupid enough to forget about it ^^ However I'm smart enough not to **** it on xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    edited May 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    If you have your armor visible instead of being in fashion all the time, it becomes painfully obvious that you altered the hair since they're considered fashion (and yes, some people are stupid enough to do this). b:chuckle

I had assumed no one would be o.o lmao
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree!

I want the pretty EG eyes on my other chars. They're so full of life and IMO adds to characters. Makes me want to edit the INI file but huh... I don't wanna get banned DX.

They're just eyes and hairstyles...

Options: Make them available for all classes. Simple as that... DX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree!

I want the pretty EG eyes on my other chars. They're so full of life and IMO adds to characters. Makes me want to edit the INI file but huh... I don't wanna get banned DX.

They're just eyes and hairstyles...

Options: Make them available for all classes. Simple as that... DX

Fully agreed.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fully agreed.

At most, what they could really do, is put them in the cash shop.

- Old hairstyles for new classes pack.
    - New hairstyles for old classes pack.
    - EG Eyes for old classes.

Though I feel it should be free. It's all in there already, available for free. Personally, I'd pay for the freaking eyes. The others are so lifeless and really don't color well. >_>;;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Syrinnium - Sanctuary
    Syrinnium - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'd pay for the freaking eyes. The others are so lifeless and really don't color well. >_>;;;

i believe that's a point well stated right there b:surrender
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Imo putting the option in cs would be silly, people could just INI edit for it and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference o.o
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Imo putting the option in cs would be silly, people could just INI edit for it and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference o.o

Fair enough... wasn't thinking too much when I wrote that I think...

But at least it'd make it "legal" in some way.

I just want the eyes without getting banned DX...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As the server stands, I cannot go to a city without seeing an INI edit. o.o

It's kind of a gamble but I suppose, its less likely to get banned than likely.

I'm on the verge of making changes myself p-.-p

Can't be waiting here for a response we know were never gonna get for the rest of my time playing this game.
  • bigboy218
    bigboy218 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I would like to know why it is ok in PW Malaysia but not ok for PWI.
    This confuses me.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bigboy218 wrote: »
    I would like to know why it is ok in PW Malaysia but not ok for PWI.
    This confuses me.

Its ok in CN too, I would also like to know why it's not ok too o.o

But we didn't get any real answer the one time Frankie did reply to this thread weeks ago. Just said something along the lines of "its always been this way"...which is like an anti-answer.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The reasoning behind the multi-client rule change was not "to be more like China", but to account for the fact that modifying game files was no longer necessary to multi-client.

Editing game files has always been against the rules, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon-

This is the only reply we got... It basically tells us no reason at all why it wouldn't be changed. "It's always been that way" isn't exactly a good reason. The world keeps changing and traditions are being broken all the time.
    It's about time they would allow .ini edits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • varenique
    varenique Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This is the only reply we got... It basically tells us no reason at all why it wouldn't be changed. "It's always been that way" isn't exactly a good reason. The world keeps changing and traditions are being broken all the time.
    It's about time they would allow .ini edits.

b:angryb:cry I guess this is just their way of avoiding the question
    or avoiding answering it fully
  • bigboy218
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its ok in CN too, I would also like to know why it's not ok too o.o

But we didn't get any real answer the one time Frankie did reply to this thread weeks ago. Just said something along the lines of "its always been this way"...which is like an anti-answer.

Yea I hated that GMs 'response.'
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is CN?
    Is that another version of PW or something? If so, which one?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CN is the Chinese version of pwi ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • bigboy218
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I went to go make a barb and realized they put in a preset..obviously ini-edited.
    So...they can do it but we can't? Wtf?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yeps... We are allowed to use that barb preset because it was an error from their side. However we're not allowed to edit files ourselves b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
This discussion has been closed.