Change the rules for INI edits

Options

Comments

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bumped until the GMs change the rules regarding this.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is no one ever happy with what they have? Next thing you know you'll be asking to re-skin TT99 to look like Nirvana.

Think of the Thunder Ponytail, everyone got it and thought their char looked awesome. Emphasize on the "everyone" and now realize you look incredibly boring with one.

In my opinion EG eyes and TB hair is nice, but if I started to see 9/10 people with it, I'd just leave my customisations off.

I do not support this thread. EG and TB should remain unique.

And INI edits are already allowed in just about every other version of PW, making me question the reasoning behind it still being illegal here. It would be much simpler to just change the rules than to ask for anyone to actually get up and DO something.

Then go play another version of PW, this is the only version of PW where the GMs actually take the rules set seriously.
    No point QQing Is there? (:
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is no one ever happy with what they have? Next thing you know you'll be asking to re-skin TT99 to look like Nirvana.

Think of the Thunder Ponytail, everyone got it and thought their char looked awesome. Emphasize on the "everyone" and now realize you look incredibly boring with one.

In my opinion EG eyes and TB hair is nice, but if I started to see 9/10 people with it, I'd just leave my customisations off.

Then go play another version of PW, this is the only version of PW where the GMs actually take the rules set seriously.

Funny, the little nothings presented as evidence to back a needless and absolutely nonsensical argument in the biggest display of anti-logic I have ever seen in this part of the forums.

What is the harm in allowing benign customizations? there is none.
    And yet you find some strange point of view, which I can hardly call an argument, to attempt to obstruct the ideas of progress and fairness that are key in this movement.

You explain to me the reasoning behind leaving your customizations off just because you see hair and eyes that you personally think are nice everywhere. You don't want to see things you think are visually pleasing?

I don't like it so I should just go to another version? A lot of us don't like it. And if we all took that advice, that'd leave you here in a dead empty game. Hence, the reason even the GM's can't evenly enforce this.

AND had you paid attention to this thread at all, you'd have seen examples of this very rule being taken the very opposite of seriously in many cases, this is the unjust enforcement I've been talking about. It is one of THE main reasons why we want these rules changed.

I understand that some people say they don't want it to happen. And presented with a good argument backed by solid reasoning, I might even change my opinion.

But to be honest, this argument is even more brainless than the "no ugly chara" one.

This is just,

Words can't describe the failure in reasoning in this stand you have taken, nor the self-contradictions.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options

False dichotomy. Did you even bother to read the thread? This isn't about the Earthguard and Tideborn, or about us wanting the hairstyles of those two races. This thread is about taking a stand in order to get a rule changed that is unfairly and inconsistently enforced to begin with, and also does not harm the players, when allowed under a set of guidelines.
    There are many of us who find the male tideborn hairstyles to be hideous, and therefore want different options, as well as facial hair options. And while I am on that point, male Earthguards get the SAME facial hair options as Human males.
    Also, there are those of us who want more color options. One person mentioned they wanted theyr archer to have fire truck-red skin, while another mentioned an Assassin with jet-black skin, like a shadow. I myself would love to make a wing elf with actual gold skin.
    This want for more colors is also present with hair and eyes. Check out this character:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5030/archertaunt3.jpg

According to the current rule regarding ini editing, this is a bannable look because the reddish color of the hair is not obtainable without such file editing. As well, the pretty eyes of the Earthguard and Tideborn look much more vibrant and full of life, and many want to have those eyes for the older classes.

I will also mention that one of PWI's biggest selling points to new players is it's customization, and the rule as it stands only serves to counter that selling point.

The "go play another game" argument is extremely pointless; We aren't taking a stand for another game now are we? Not to mention, your comment about "QQing" is extremely unintelligent and ad hominem.
    Also, your little argument that "GMs take the rules set seriously" is also invalid, which you would have known had you bothered to read the thread. This is because the rule is unfairly and inconsistently enforced; many get reported, some multiple times, yet no action is taken against them, not even a warning. While others are warned or even banned almost instantly. Most of the time, this rule is disregarded. A few mods have even come into this thread and given positive input in regards to changed being made to this rule. Which is all we are asking for. We don't want this rule abolished, as it is there to prevent certain edits that would cause actual issues related to gameplay. What we want, is to be allowed to use any hairstyle on any race, as well a being allowed to use the new eyes on old classes, and give facial hair to male tideborn. We want the to be allowed to freely choose our color options, from skin and lip colors, to hair, eyebrow, facial hair and eye colors. And obviously, guidelines would be put into effect, leaving other edits, such as size edits, still against the rules.
    And this is in light of another such rule finally being changed in light of the players' voices. Multiclienting was completely against the rules until recently, and many called out for the rule to be changed. And now, the rule has been changed, as we are now allowed to multiclient, with certain guidelines still in place. Yes, multiclienting is now allowed, but only two clients may be run at any given time. Just like ini editing, we want to be able to make edits, limited to only cosmetic changes and not size changes.
    And finally, your argument that everyone will look alike is highly assumptive and invalid. Just because everyone can, does not mean that they will. If anything, allowing this will create more diversity, as everyone will have more options to choose from.

Bottom line, this thread is a movement of sorts, to bring about changes to the rule regarding ini editing just like multiclienting was edited, so please read the thread before making uninformed fallacious complaints.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Funny, the little nothings presented as evidence to back a needless and absolutely nonsensical argument in the biggest display of anti-logic I have ever seen in this part of the forums.

And yet you find some strange point of view, which I can hardly call an argument, to attempt to obstruct the ideas of progress and fairness that are key in this movement.

You explain to me the reasoning behind leaving your customizations off just because you see hair and eyes that you personally think are nice everywhere. You don't want to see things you think are visually pleasing?

I don't like it so I should just go to another version? A lot of us don't like it. And if we all took that advice, that'd leave you here in a dead empty game. Hence, the reason even the GM's can't evenly enforce this.

AND had you paid attention to this thread at all, you'd have seen examples of this very rule being taken the very opposite of seriously in many cases, this is the unjust enforcement I've been talking about. It is one of THE main reasons why we want these rules changed.

I understand that some people say they don't want it to happen. And presented with a good argument backed by solid reasoning, I might even change my opinion.

But to be honest, this argument is even more brainless than the "no ugly chara" one.

This is just,

Words can't describe the failure in reasoning in this stand you have taken, nor the self-contradictions.
    He couldn't come up with much better than straw men and red herrings. I think that was just a weak attempt at getting a higher post count while pretending to suck up to the GMs. Don't worry too much about him.
    Our voices are being heard, as shown by the recent input by a few mods. I for one will not be giving up.

On topic, anyone have any sexy pics of male tideborn with facial hair and a non-tideborn hairtyle(including the fashion hairstyles)?
    edited May 2011
    Options

Try to imagine this, I understand it can be hard but give it a go.
    Every single player on PW is a wolf barb. Not very interesting is it?

What's one of PW's features that stands out compared to other games? I can tell you the main one is the in-depth character creation. The reason there character creation is so customisable is so everyone can look different. (or so I like to believe)
    First of all, I wasn't explaining squat to you.
    Secondly, Things are only visually pleasing temporarily, people get bored, need a change. Why do you think makeover scrolls are so overly used? as well as new fashion constantly being added.
    If everyone is going to look the same, might as well turn off customisations, wouldn't make a difference.
    I don't like it so I should just go to another version? A lot of us don't like it. And if we all took that advice, that'd leave you here in a dead empty game. Hence, the reason even the GM's can't evenly enforce this
    It's better you go play another version and play with your ini files than sit here and QQ about it.
    also I love the way you said " that'd leave you here in a dead empty game" when the forum poll only has 223 people in support of the rule change and to that I say -
    absolutely nonsensical statement in the biggest display of anti-logic I have ever seen in this part of the forums.
    AND had you paid attention to this thread at all, you'd have seen examples of this very rule being taken the very opposite of seriously in many cases, this is the unjust enforcement I've been talking about. It is one of THE main reasons why we want these rules changed..

You break the rules, you get banned as you should. If are implying rule-breakers being banned is unjust your logic is flawed. However if you are implying rule-breakers not being banned is unjust then you are simply agreeing with me. lol
    Words can describe anything, provided you have a wide enough vocabulary, which you clearly don't.

As I said before, stop QQing and enjoy the game it was meant to be played or GTFO. kkthxbai
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You guys should know, especially with all the same sex marriage threads, these threads are pointless, stop wasting your time.

Quit QQing and just play the game.

The "go play another game" argument is extremely pointless; We aren't taking a stand for another game now are we? Not to mention, your comment about "QQing" is extremely unintelligent and ad hominem.
    Also, your little argument that "GMs take the rules set seriously" is also invalid, which you would have known had you bothered to read the thread. This is because the rule is unfairly and inconsistently enforced; many get reported, some multiple times, yet no action is taken against them, not even a warning. While others are warned or even banned almost instantly. Most of the time, this rule is disregarded. A few mods have even come into this thread and given positive input in regards to changed being made to this rule. Which is all we are asking for. We don't want this rule abolished, as it is there to prevent certain edits that would cause actual issues related to gameplay. What we want, is to be allowed to use any hairstyle on any race, as well a being allowed to use the new eyes on old classes, and give facial hair to male tideborn. We want the to be allowed to freely choose our color options, from skin and lip colors, to hair, eyebrow, facial hair and eye colors. And obviously, guidelines would be put into effect, leaving other edits, such as size edits, still against the rules.
    And this is in light of another such rule finally being changed

1) I said play another version of PW, which is the same game, but without the GMs and rules you constantly complain about.
    2)Compared the GMs on PWI to PW-MY, you'll see alot more hacking and bug abuse on PW-MY compared to PWI.
    3)You say many people are banned instantly and many aren't banned even after being reported. Something as ridiculous as this needs some form of evidence or might as well be completely disregarded. (That or the ones who remain unb& have charged alot of gold.
    4)Yeah, same sex marriage wouldn't hurt the game either in modern society but you don't see them changing that do ya?
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options

This has absolutely nothing to do with amending the rule against ini editing.

What's one of PW's features that stands out compared to other games? I can tell you the main one is the in-depth character creation. The reason there character creation is so customisable is so everyone can look different. (or so I like to believe)
    And allowing us to make cosmetic changes such as color and hair edits would increase the amount of visual variety to the playerbase.

back on topic, when the rule finally gets amended, I plan to make my psychic. He will be nice and burly muscled(NOT edited, of course) with nice caramel tan skin, a golden blonde shade of one of the male human hairstyles, and a matching beard(human/earthguard male)
    Secondly, Things are only visually pleasing temporarily, people get bored, need a change. Why do you think makeover scrolls are so overly used? as well as new fashion constantly being added.
    If everyone is going to look the same, might as well turn off customisations, wouldn't make a difference.

Appeal to probability, and also false dichotomy. Just because everyone can, does not mean that they will. And regardless, this is not even relative.
    It's better you go play another version and play with your ini files than sit here and QQ about it.
    Ad hominem. Again, a pointless comment.
    also I love the way you said " that'd leave you here in a dead empty game" when the forum poll only has 223 people in support of the rule change and to that I say -

You break the rules, you get banned as you should. If are implying rule-breakers being banned is unjust your logic is flawed. However if you are implying rule-breakers not being banned is unjust then you are simply agreeing with me. lol

Appeal to consequences, you seem to enjoy throwing out red herrings.

And you failed to read the thread, or look into the enforcement status of the rule. Most people who "break this rule" don't get banned, or even warned. It's enforcement is highly inconsistent, which is indeed unfair to the few individuals who do get banned.

Words can describe anything, provided you have a wide enough vocabulary, which you clearly don't.

As I said before, stop QQing and enjoy the game it was meant to be played or GTFO. kkthxbai

Once again, ad hominem, to the extreme.

Stop poisoning the well with your kettle logic. This thread is for intelligent and informed discussion of the rule, and possible amendments to the rule. Your constant use of fallacies and ad hominem attacks on blood_rain are extremely immature.
    You guys should know, especially with all the same sex marriage threads, these threads are pointless, stop wasting your time.

Quit QQing and just play the game.
    Another pointless comment, and amusing, as this thread stood on the front page of General Discussion for over a week. Also, a few mods have even given positive feedback. And finally, the only person "QQing" is you. We are having an intelligent and informed discussion on possible amendments to the editing rule.

back on topic, when the rule finally gets amended, I plan to make my psychic. He will be nice and burly muscled(NOT edited, of course) with nice caramel tan skin, a golden blonde shade of one of the male human hairstyles, and a matching beard(human/earthguard male)
    edited May 2011
    Options
    huh?

This only supports my argument to give us more options for customization

I was asking for an explanation, though the fact that you didn't understand that isn't surprising. And turning off customizations because everything looks the same, sounds like it would be a bit counter-productive.

By that logic, people in a country with unfair voting rights would be told to leave rather than to try to get voting rights. It's anti-progressive and senseless. And Once again, had you paid attention to this thread, you would have realized that the statement I made was not based on the poll numbers, but on the amount of in game players who currently have INI edits on their characters. You've never been on a PVP server have you? Namely, Lost City.

Many people break the rules, get reported repeatedly and face no consequences. Some are banned and some aren't, this is the biggest issue with it. GMs themselves can have "advanced modifications" You're telling me this is fair?
    And no, I don't have a wide enough vocabulary to describe this...Diarrhea of the Cranial origin that I have read in your post.
    And for the record, you don't know anything about how this game was meant to be played if you are so strongly opposed to this.

That's my final response to this kind of nonsense. I won't be a factor in turning this thread into debauchery.

Give me a reasonable argument, and I will acknowledge.

But give me this? I will acknowledge no more.

And @ Bellarie

I've actually never seen a male TB with facial hair lol
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That's my final response to this kind of nonsense. I won't be a factor in turning this thread into debauchery.

Give me a reasonable argument, and I will acknowledge.

But give me this? I will acknowledge no more.

Agreed. So, shall we bump our rumps for future amending of the rule against ini editing? Fire Red Archers, Bright Fuchsia Blademasters, Jet Black sins and much much more!
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This has absolutely nothing to do with amending the rule against ini editing.
    I never implied it was, your statement was completely irrelevant.
    And allowing us to make cosmetic changes such as color and hair edits would increase the amount of visual variety to the playerbase.
    No, lol. I am saying tideborn hair is unique to tideborns, EG eyes are unique to EG. Unique being the key word.
    It would be similar to giving Mystics the ability to use a herc.
    Appeal to probability, and also false dichotomy. Just because everyone can, does not mean that they will. And regardless, this is not even relative.

Of course not every one will, some people like to be unique But just look at the majority of people using the Thunder Ponytail, I can picture 80% of people using TB hair and EG eyes.
    Appeal to consequences, you seem to enjoy throwing out red herrings.

And you failed to read the thread, or look into the enforcement status of the rule. Most people who "break this rule" don't get banned, or even warned. It's enforcement is highly inconsistent, which is indeed unfair to the few individuals who do get banned.

Those people who were banned knew the risk, they shouldn't have edited the ini files. If they never broke the rules they would still be playing the game. Hair and eyes sounds stupid to risk your account over lol.

Play the game, enjoy it, stop complaining and everybody's happy. (:
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Agreed. So, shall we bump our rumps for future amending of the rule against ini editing? Fire Red Archers, Bright Fuchsia Blademasters, Jet Black sins and much much more!

xD Let the Rump Bumping Resume!!

I want to see people unafraid to get more creative with their characters
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    xD Let the Rump Bumping Resume!!

I want to see people unafraid to get more creative with their characters

ROFL at Stewie's sexy parties! I love ****ing Family Guy.

After a brief intermission. I drank too many BH wines!
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We are currently not allowed to use EG and TB hair on other races. The consequences, however, are always inconsistent. Some people get left alone and others get banned almost immediately.

...Part of the reason why we'd like these changes.

@ Kyna:
    Your older suggestion isn't much like this as it doesn't have to do with unjust and unequal enforcement of rules, allowing INI Edits, or rule changes.
    It would be much simpler to have a rule change made than to actually ask the devs to create something for us like this. You know they never would. They gave us a re-skin of an old mount to compensate for major obstruction to obtaining r9 ffs. I highly doubt they would ever genuinely actually create something just for us.

And INI edits are already allowed in just about every other version of PW, making me question the reasoning behind it still being illegal here. It would be much simpler to just change the rules than to ask for anyone to actually get up and DO something.

I do think that my suggestion is better and deserves more attention than this since changing the rules on ini edits would leave it WIDE OPEN to be thoroughly abused by people that are too stupid/lazy to read all the rules involved or ignore them.

My suggestion would keep the races looking different as they are supposed to but up the appeal of the old classes by way of looks; some of the character attributes are race specific for a reason. Watching a cleric run around with her hair full of seashells is a bit out of place. My suggestion would be slightly more involved than changing ini edit rules, but it would get rid of the need to do so in the first place. That way having a character with gargantuan **** or other dumb proportions would still be bannable and quite possibly the only type of ini editing after a nice update with just a few more customization options.

And yes they will never create anything for us, but they would never change rules for us either. So I suppose in the end none of this really matters. =_= we all know PWE put the suggestion box here just to make us FEEL like we're involved. They don't actually care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just pointing out, they did change the multiclienting rule.
    Tbh I think rulechanging is more likely to happen. Either way... I support both ideas and would like at least 1 of the 2 being implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1. We want to be able to put any race's hairstyles, such as that of EG's and TB's, onto any other classes/races.

2. We want to be able to modify our eye textures.

3. We want to be able to freely modify our skin, eye, eyebrow, lip, and eye makeup colors using any dimensions of the colors given on the full spectrum.

4. In accordance with the common idea, body size INI edits would not be allowed as they have the potential to be abusive.

Just bumping the little bill that Blood came up with b:cute

wtb frankie up in hurr or any GM in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Indeed, at the very best I think they can amend the rule but if it requires coding / programming (the other idea that was proposed) it is never going to happen.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh come on pwi has one of the most detailed char creation i've ever came across
    i mean by using the advanced options of the customization functions there can already be
    done a lot. Do you really need more ?
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh come on pwi has one of the most detailed char creation i've ever came across
    i mean by using the advanced options of the customization functions there can already be
    done a lot. Do you really need more ?

lol, this again.
    Well let me ask you
    Why are you level 100?
    Wasn't level 95 enough?
    Did you really need more?

This kind of argument will only drive the issue in circles. It isn't exactly a valid one as it completely goes against the human nature of seeking out improvement. We are simply trying to improve our situation, and questioning effort for improvement and progress like this will not get anyone anywhere. Not to mention, it can be applied to just about any accomplishment or effort for improvement. We must move forward :O we can't stand still and be satisfied with mediocrity.

And no, amending the rule does not require coding, would't take any work at all.

And Kyna, yes I like your suggestion. But it is...very ideal. I wouldn't see the Dev's doing something like that(and the "out of place" argument doesn't work well in Pwi. It's a fantasy game with punk and spartan outfits mixed in the same environment....out of place stopped mattering a long time ago lol)
    However, as Bellarie pointed out, some rules regarding multiclienting have recently been changed, as have a few other policies. Therefore, I believe a rule change regarding this has at least a fighting chance. It really would be better if they just updated the graphics, but truthfully do you believe they ever would just because we told them to?
  • hydrolace
    hydrolace Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Since some of our biased mods don't seem to give a damn, bump for justice.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hydrolace wrote: »
    Since some of our biased mods don't seem to give a damn, bump for justice.

You do realize that saying we are "biased" and "don't give a damn" isn't really going to help?b:bye
  • hydrolace
    hydrolace Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    You do realize that saying we are "biased" and "don't give a damn" isn't really going to help?b:wave

Nothing else we say seems to make a difference either.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You realize the mods are just forum moderators and can't effect the GM and dev decisions in any way, shape or form? If so, then your previous comment was certainly unnecessary.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hydrolace wrote: »
    Nothing else we say seems to make a difference either.

Please stop picking on the mods.
    This isn't the kind of thing we want going hand in hand with this effort. The mods closing the other threads were just doing their jobs, as this original thread is still going.

Previously, certain mods had posted in this thread with input and opinions. It's not like they don't give a damn as you said. Please show them some respect.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just did BH 69 and noticed the veno was using TB hair with seashells, the BM had EG hair and eyes and cleric had shiny EG eyes as well. LOL b:embarrass b:sweat

I guess that it won't be long till won't be able to see a char who hasn't edited his or her .ini files. b:chuckle
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just did BH 69 and noticed the veno was using TB hair with seashells, the BM had EG hair and eyes and cleric had shiny EG eyes as well. LOL b:embarrass b:sweat

I guess that it won't be long till won't be able to see a char who hasn't edited his or her .ini files. b:chuckle

Lol its actually been this way for a while, more so depending what server you are on.
    This is part of the reason why the current rule is outdated and unenforceable. It needs an update.

NOTE: For those of you who haven't been following through the course of this thread, please read the little "Bill of INI Edit Rights Thingy" below to gain basic knowledge on the issue; what we want changed and why we want it changed. There have been arguments and comments made in ignorance of the key reasons why we want the current rules changed and I would like to lessen those incidents if possible.
    As the current rules stand, harmless INI edits are not handled justly. Some people are banned for benign modifications, while others are left alone after repeatedly being reported. GMs themselves can use advanced modifications. There is obviously no harm in the modifications we want to be able to do, and thus no necessity for this unjust, unequal, and inconsistent enforcement that is in practice today.

If, hypothetically, the GMs were to start equally banning every player who used an INI edit on their game characters, then quite a large percentage of the game's population(paying customers) would be banned. The current rules against INI edits are simply inappropriate, outdated,and unenforceable.

Other versions of this game have allowed INI edits; and as far as we know, which in this subject is pretty far, there is no reason why the moderate edits listed shouldn't be allowed here.

1. We want to be able to put any race's hairstyles and facial hair, such as that of EG's and TB's, onto any other classes/races.

2. We want to be able to modify our eye textures.

3. We want to be able to freely modify our skin, eye, eyebrow, hair, facial hair, lip, and eye makeup colors using any dimensions of the colors given on the full spectrum.

4. In accordance with the common idea, body size INI edits would not be allowed as they have the potential to be abusive.
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I put EG eyes on my other chars, but not hair...Ban me...It doesn't matter...No one even seems to notice so far except me, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    You do realize that saying we are "biased" and "don't give a damn" isn't really going to help?b:bye

*Pat's head and gives you a fish* don't worry, thoseof us who are fighting the hardest know you peeps support the idea of amending the rules within reasonable guidelines. After all you guys have already given positive input in your previous posts in this thread.
    Just know we appreciate the fact that you guys care enough to give this a chance.

Back on topic, I actually do like some of the original hairstyles. The two small pigtails in the back, would look cool on a female seeker IMO, and the slicked back hairstyle for male humans is what I'd give to a male tideborn.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    My Suggestion is still better with more clear cut rules. PWE is just lazy. They may have changed rules on multiclienting but there's really no easy way of spotting that. This would leave too much room for abuse of the customization system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hm I voted not sure a while ago because I simply was not sure if its worth it, given the downsides it brings.

But I agree with _blood_rain's points. I do not want to see extremely anorexic chars running around. But I'd like to see better hairstyles and customization available for the old races.
    Yes, my main is a veno, not a newer class >< And as much as I love her current look, I would like to have a hairstyle that looks nice enough so I do not have to wear cs hair 100% of the time...

And lets be honest: There are so many people running around with earthguard eyes or hair...
    Either allow it already or ban them all. I am sick of seeing people run around with obviously edited characters but not being able to do it myself without fearing consequences.
    At least be fair to everyone...

Supported.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
This discussion has been closed.