• KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Dont let this one fail like all our other attempts at freedom!!!! >_<

/being overly dramatic ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lack of persistence is virtually the same as giving up, at least as far as this issue goes.

I was talking about the person who keeps publicly posting directions to do an ini mod in this thread, keeps getting their post removed, and keeps reposting.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was talking about the person who keeps publicly posting directions to do an ini mod in this thread, keeps getting their post removed, and keeps reposting.

Oh, lol, my apologies then. I actually have to give props to that person for having the balls to post that.
    edited April 2011
    Oh, lol, my apologies then. I actually have to give props to that person for having the balls to post that.

Indeed, that person deserves a medal and a cookie
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wont cause any kind of interference in anyone's Freedow

Totaly agree

ps: nice post to show to everybody who are the GM's KSkrs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    +1 to this.

+2 to this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD
  • Tzaphion - Raging Tide
    Tzaphion - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    +1 to this~
    ~**Quote Space**~
    {"Beauty is no quality in things themselves. It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them."} - David Hume

{"Revolutions are the locomotives of history"} - Karl Marx

{"Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination."} - Immanuel Kant
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Darling just wants bigger ****... ears on her veno. For shame, I like your... ears as is.

LMFAO! i love you too <3

Well they have this allowed in like all other versions. I wonder what makes this any different?

and +9000 to this. in other versions you can even use cross-GENDER hair. get with the program PWI -.-
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There was this one guy that i sent multiple tickets about over the course of a year (for him having tideborn hair) and nothing was ever done to him or about it.

Some people really have nothing to do...

Sent multiple tickets about over the course of a year.. Hate much b:question

Its a game, and changing the hair is the least thing to worry about the game. Theres way more things you can do in this game, if you knew all the "exploit bugs". lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Maybe you should draft some rules for allowable edits?

I don't think anyone wants totally free editing to be allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I think the general consensus is to allow edits for color coding (hair, eyes, skin), hairstyles, eyeball texture, which is really all I was asking for to begin with.

Fear or dislike of "abominations" is irrelevant in my opinion, because we already have plenty of those without the help of INI edits.

There's this seeker on our server.. he's green, and his face is puckered so that it looks like he has 2 bucked teeth poking out.. I keep forgetting to get a screenshot to post here. *commits it to memory*
    edited April 2011
    I loled ^

Inb4 removed post and ban b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damel1
    damel1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Check the edit grasshoppah They can't ban me because I've done nothing wrong :)

Edit: No I'm NOT encouraging .ini editing, It is something that these people will want to do on their own regardless of consequences anyway. As I said, I merely provide knowledge of the CORRECT way to do so.
    edited April 2011
    b:avoid Your missing a file that makes Normal Customing .. like the Advance customing

b:surprised b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think the general consensus is to allow edits for color coding (hair, eyes, skin), hairstyles, eyeball texture, which is really all I was asking for to begin with.

Fear or dislike of "abominations" is irrelevant in my opinion, because we already have plenty of those without the help of INI edits.

There's this seeker on our server.. he's green, and his face is puckered so that it looks like he has 2 bucked teeth poking out.. I keep forgetting to get a screenshot to post here. *commits it to memory*

I don't really want to see skin color changes. Everyone will just try to look "cool" in all black or red and it would be ugly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2011
    I don't really want to see skin color changes. Everyone will just try to look "cool" in all black or red and it would be ugly.

That is .. like the worst custom you can get.

Theres a guy that i know.. that makes Homer, Santa, hulk, chuck norris and more... He even made Obama. Pretty epic job.. But hey.. Lets stick with the "Default basic customizing.." Cause its awesome.

Your post got removed.. told u lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Moved to the Suggestion Box.
    edited April 2011
    Well, I'm honestly surprised that people have a problem with freedom of customizations if it doesn't exactly appeal to their aesthetic tastes.

If given a decent, honest, logical reason why those kinds of customizations shouldn't be allowed other than the usual -oh me no likey no pretty char ugly ugly poo poo-then I might consider actually changing my opinion.

As previously pointed out, abominations can already be made without ini edits, and the problem with outlawing looks just because they are "ugly", is that it is arbitrary, nonsensical, and people have varying tastes that it would tread upon.

There is an option to turn off the customizations of all the chars around you if it bothers anyone THAT severely.

Take for example, earlier Asterelle said that allowing color mods would lead to ugly chars.
    I disagree as I've seen very nice looking chars in red, green, yellow, black, and just about any color you can think of. So because there are varying tastes, it wouldn't make sense to make restrictions based on that standard. Please guys, I honestly can't believe that's an issue here.

On a different note, We should come to an agreement on a standard of rules.

Edit: see This was created by me with no ini edits...what difference would it make if her skin was ini edited bright green.
    Heres her lovely profile view

And here is yet Another abominable creation done without any ini edits.

And One more for good measure. Without ini edits as well.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Well, I'm honestly surprised that people have a problem with freedom of customizations if it doesn't exactly appeal to their aesthetic tastes.

If given a decent, honest, logical reason why those kinds of customizations shouldn't be allowed other than the usual -oh me no likey no pretty char ugly ugly poo poo-then I might consider actually changing my opinion.

As previously pointed out, abominations can already be made without ini edits, and the problem with outlawing looks just because they are "ugly", is that it is arbitrary, nonsensical, and people have varying tastes that it would tread upon.

There is an option to turn off the customizations of all the chars around you if it bothers anyone THAT severely.

Take for example, earlier Asterelle said that allowing color mods would lead to ugly chars.
    I disagree as I've seen very nice looking chars in red, green, yellow, black, and just about any color you can think of. So because there are varying tastes, it wouldn't make sense to make restrictions based on that standard. Please guys, I honestly can't believe that's an issue here.

On a different note, We should come to an agreement on a standard of rules.

Edit: see This was created by me with no ini edits...what difference would it make if her skin was ini edited bright green.
    Heres her lovely profile view

And here is yet Another abominable creation done without any ini edits.

Agreed. There are already people running around with toons who have abnormal skin colors. It's just the spectrum available to us in the in-game thing is limited. This goes for all the color fields. Personally I don't care to see blue or green skinned toons, but I don't particularly mind them either. Also I don't think that allowing us freedom to ini edit color is going to create more people with weird skin colors. Just maybe the people who already have weird colors may pick weirder colors, but I don't think that is such a big deal.

Also.. I am relatively disappointed that this was moved to the suggestions box. I guess the GMs told the mods to make this thread die.
    edited April 2011
    yea I also noticed that and was dissapointed.
    The suggestions box.....

Here we are lumped together with the people who keep asking for male venos and wolf barbs that actually turn into wolves for true form.

This thread could probably resort to mudslinging and debauchery now and no one would even notice(except maybe grim)

*kicks passing tumbleweed*
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Also.. I am relatively disappointed that this was moved to the suggestions box. I guess the GMs told the mods to make this thread die.

Actually, I moved it here of my own accord, because it is a suggestion. Similar topics have been moved here in the past, and I felt that this thread had been left in the General Discussion for long enough.

If you have a question about why something was moderated the way it was, please either PM the moderator involved or frankieraye. This will ensure your question is answered the best way it can be.

Thanks!b:thanks
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Actually, I moved it here of my own accord, because it is a suggestion. Similar topics have been moved here in the past, and I felt that this thread had been left in the General Discussion for long enough.

If you have a question about why something was moderated the way it was, please either PM the moderator involved or frankieraye. This will ensure your question is answered the best way it can be.

Thanks!b:thanks

Moved to the suggestion box, the place where suggestions are NEVER noticed.

The only suggestions that have been taken into consideration are those that were voiced in the General Discussions. The removal of Perfect Horns are a good example of one of them.

I think you guys do a great job given the circumstances, but this issue is ultimately up to you guys, not the devs or the marketing team, and we will not be letting it die. Frankie hasn't even managed to counter the facts that this rule is not even properly enforced, or the fact that the customizations could simply be given a set of guidelines like multiclienting has been given(only 2 clients open at a time, in comparison with only customization of the face, hair, and color)

So I personally view this topic being moved as a big "we don't care, this will remain a rule even though it is improperly enforced and has no good reason behind it"

So I will keep this thread up, even though I have little hopes that it will ever be noticed again.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lolz, who reads the Suggestion Box? No GMs as far as Ik. Its almost as bad as the lower depths .-. Only suggestions that get noticed, as stated by Bellaire, are the ones that are put into the general forums. Almost everyone reads the general forums, while not many do read the suggestion box.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
    edited April 2011
    Lolz, who reads the Suggestion Box? No GMs as far as Ik. Its almost as bad as the lower depths .-. Only suggestions that get noticed, as stated by Bellaire, are the ones that are put into the general forums. Almost everyone reads the general forums, while not many do read the suggestion box.
    b:surrender

Yea, from what I've seen of the handling of suggestions here, this might as well be called "The Lower Depths: Efforts and Ideas Edition".

Even in non-virtual situations such as the work place, suggestion boxes are commonly thought of as a middle finger to people who wish for changes to be made or for their voice to be heard.

But lets try to remain active in this issue, I will for as long as it is a reasonable effort to stand behind.

And for the record, I do respect Kritty's mod-ness. Just wanted to make that clear that I'm not trying to start any mess here.

Just saying it would be nice for authority to pay attention to this section >.>
  • Tzaphion - Raging Tide
    Tzaphion - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How depressing.
    Will there ever be hope? D:
    ~**Quote Space**~
    {"Beauty is no quality in things themselves. It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them."} - David Hume

{"Revolutions are the locomotives of history"} - Karl Marx

{"Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination."} - Immanuel Kant
  • WingedXepher - Dreamweaver
    WingedXepher - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was asking this... i don't feel like changing my hair style anymore, i have Earthguard hair right now, and idc if i get banned, all you will do is lose a player, all for a hair... it's... ridiculous.

Plus, hell i'm paying MY money, and i want my toon looks like i want.

And by the way, if you don't want us to edit the INI file, just add them to the normal character customization, is it that hard?... lol...

Of course, i don't want a toon supa' fat, or stuffs like i saw, but that could be solved by adding the hair styles to the normal character customization, plus the eyes.

PWE will always have the same issue if they don't fix it now, because everytime we get something new (talking about races) those threads always come up, and people will keep doing this.

Seriously, as i said, i'm paying MY money, and i want to feel confortable.

Thats all.

[edited]

This is how my toon used to look with Earthguard Hairstyle and eyes (changed it because i have a wedding and i don't feel like leaving my wife alone)

mitoon.jpg
    edited April 2011
    thanks for any support but I still have yet to hear anyone give me a logical reason why "cool" mods like out of race hair and eyes should be allowed while "ugly" mods shouldn't.

So let me get this straight, you guys would ban someone or agree that they should be banned if their mod was ugly?

Someone give me a good reason for this.
  • WingedXepher - Dreamweaver
    WingedXepher - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't know, i will put my toon with EarthGuard's hair back when i get done with my wedding, and i will use it untill i get banned, THEY are losing a player, i'm not losing anything, because if i can't use what i want it means i don't need it.

I like how my toon looks like, and... they are going to ban me because i like my toon? because i'm having fun? hahaha... ridiculous... go ahead then.

I want to enjoy the damn game, i'm not using a ****, i'm not taking advantage of something that change the gameplay, i'm just using a damn hair which is pretty, and a pair of eyes.
    edited April 2011
    I don't think you read my post lol
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    -.-

Had a hard time finding this thread.

The suggestion box really is a cess pool.
This discussion has been closed.