Multi-Clienting Rule Changes

Options

Comments

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I got question I want to know, only really bout what is convient to me. I got 3 accounts, all prior to this change. 1 of those have my barb, herb bank, likely creating new banks to this. Other is my old bank account basically + I got BM there for buffs. Third got sin, the alt I mostly play. So I have my barb as a kitty shop mostly, I use it for buffing my sin too and at times I log my BM to buff too, when I need it. Now my question is, am I allowed to log for that 20s to buff or do I need to log off my barb to buff my sin? Start the safety lock again, which can be irritating. Kitty believers he will have to deal with the inconvience but one can always ask =).
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    Why are people complaining about this change?
    They've removed a silly rule which rewarded people for having multiple computers, and made it consistent across all players, while also letting people with only one computer also dual client.
    This is a bad thing? It's better for only a minority of people to be allowed to multi client, and to run as many as they have computers?

Why do they complain? Because some people, like a close friend of mine, put a lot of money and time into his three-character playstyle and that is how he enjoys playing. He doesn't farm instances with 5 chars or run 10 catshops or whatever their issue might be. But the fact of the matter is, for *years* it was okayed, even encouraged, and so people put their money into it (game and real) and now PWI comes along and essentially strips away something that he and other people worked hard for. Sure, it doesn't bother you; you aren't losing here. And to be honest it probably wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't seeing a good friend of mine getting hurt by it, when his playstyle wasn't hurting anyone in any way (rather, he spent his time helping people). He created these characters to play together; that is how he has always played, and the only way he enjoys playing. Would you not be upset if PWI suddenly denied you the use of one or more of your characters? That is how it feels to him.

Why else to they complain? Families that play PWI are now on edge, worried that they will have to prove themselves the minute they start playing or get banned simply because they have three people in the household that play at the same time. No mention here of how this proving will be done has caused further worry. I believe they have a right to be upset also, unless we get some answers on that score.

I do agree it is ridiculous for people to have 6-7+ catshops or people running around. I just don't see the problem with 3-4, and I think this new rule of two is severe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont know why I never thought of this b:sad

I instead created multiple characters on the same account and since there were more than 8 classes, I created it on another server instead of the same one b:cry

So I cant use 2 at a time... however is there a way you think this can be setup??? b:mischievous

That would be awesome so I can then play at least 2 characters at a time.

Question: Is there anyway to transfer gold from one server to the other??

I have quite a few good items that i could make a pretty penny on one server but hardly play on it. So I want to get it over to the server that I play on.

Thanksb:thanks

Oh and:
    Why do they complain? Because some people, like a close friend of mine, put a lot of money and time into his three-character playstyle and that is how he enjoys playing. He doesn't farm instances with 5 chars or run 10 catshops or whatever their issue might be. But the fact of the matter is, for *years* it was okayed, even encouraged, and so people put their money into it (game and real) and now PWI comes along and essentially strips away something that he and other people worked hard for. Sure, it doesn't bother you; you aren't losing here. And to be honest it probably wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't seeing a good friend of mine getting hurt by it, when his playstyle wasn't hurting anyone in any way (rather, he spent his time helping people). He created these characters to play together; that is how he has always played, and the only way he enjoys playing. Would you not be upset if PWI suddenly denied you the use of one or more of your characters? That is how it feels to him.

Why else to they complain? Families that play PWI are now on edge, worried that they will have to prove themselves the minute they start playing or get banned simply because they have three people in the household that play at the same time. No mention here of how this proving will be done has caused further worry. I believe they have a right to be upset also, unless we get some answers on that score.

I do agree it is ridiculous for people to have 6-7+ catshops or people running around. I just don't see the problem with 3-4, and I think this new rule of two is severe.

He can now use 2 at a time (doesnt mean he has to delete one they say you can only run a maximum of 2 @ a time), and tell him to accept the changes and quit QQ'ing

I hate when ppl complain complain complain about business. Sure it may seem like they dont care and I do understand them doing certain things that may seem unfair to us, but remember they are a company and as times get harsh they need to find new ways of keeping the company running. This usually means more money. And more money means more ways to have us pay in some way or another.

So every1 who is QQ'ing all the time, just quit then.... oh and BTW u mind as well quit life too since its always unfair and changing.

Especially those that are 18 or older that are QQ'ing... I really feel sorry for u guys/gals. You guys should create your own game/business and you will see very quickly how much changes you will have make.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The rule change is meant to level the playing field so that the only thing separating the rich player and the poor player in terms of how many accounts they can have running and thus their earning potential are the same. Now it really doesn't matter if you have one computer or 10, you can have the exact same number of characters on at the same time. You can only sell the exact same number of items at one time. You have to have the right gear to be able to solo everything, you can't have a character with the same **** gear as someone else but earn a billion times more coin they do because you can have 6 computer and can be the entire squad all by yourself.

I personally think its a great rule change. Sure they can't and shouldn't completely level everything, but now everyone has the exact same opportunity as everyone else does. It all comes down to skill, and whether or not you have money to help you startup from hard work in real life. And thats the way it should be I think. For example, I know in lost city there is person who has 6 catshops surrounding the blacksmith at any given time selling anything everything you could want to buy. She had 6 times the amount of sale space as someone who only had one computer. Other newbie players probably couldn't compete with that. Now they both can sell the same exact amount at the same time and its all a matter of who can do it better to determine who gets more in game coin, as it should be.

Also for those of you who are worried about family members playing, every single member of your family can run two accounts at the same time if they wish. For those of you who shared account information, that is bannable and it doesn't matter if they aren't going to **** you or not. It gives that character an unfair advantage in that it is worked on by two people, and two people can easily do more work on the character than one. For those of you who made an account for people who weren't supposed to have accounts anyway because of legislation in this company's home country (the united states) that put the age requirement for this kind of signup info at 13, than that was also always against the rules. You were already in violation of the rules, so you don't have any reason to complain that you are now in violation of two rules. IJS. For those you saying that you've had the multiple accounts for years, keep them. You are grandfathered in, just remember that you can no longer been on more than two at the same time.

As for faction leaders, you can always have the directors and marshalls have a bank alt. You can always mail things to each other, and use mail as storage. You can always sell the items in the AH and take the small profit lost. You don't have to hoarde everything all by yourself. And those faction leaders with the bigger factions who have been powerhouses from the beginning? You still have all those characters, you can still have all those characters. You just can't be on all 5 faction banks at the same time.

TLDR: 2 accounts per person, not per household people. Also, I support new rules because they are meant to level the playing field. For people saying that they account share with someone in their family, that has also always been against the rules. As is making accounts with your info because you kid was always banned from playing for being too young. So it was always against the rules, even before this. Why get mad about it? Faction leaders? Start giving stuff to your officers to hold onto, you shouldn't be promoting officers you can't trust or who are volatile anyway. There is also the mail system, and the auction house.

Quoted so people can stop asking the same question so many pages in. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In order to level the "playing field" and stop all those QQ'ng bout it why not just remove the abiltiy to multi-client and only allow 1 character to be active and 1 account running at anytime.

I have been doing this since I started b:laughb:pleased
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In order to level the "playing field" and stop all those QQ'ng bout it why not just remove the abiltiy to multi-client and only allow 1 character to be active and 1 account running at anytime.

They'd lose a lot of players. If they did that I would uninstall the game without hesitation.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I am very glad to be able to run 2 at once now. this means I don't have to call on <insert friend here> to level my lower characters, or help with <some boss here> I now don't have to rely on my friends and stop them from doing what THEY want to do. this really benefits everyone. Can't find a cleric/barb for buffs? Make one and buff yourself. Need a rez and no friends or faction clerics online? oh look, you have a cleric to rez yourself with. I think it's great

note to all my friends who read the forums: I love you all to death and you're amazing friends, I just hate having to bother you all the time for things
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I hate when ppl complain complain complain about business. Sure it may seem like they dont care and I do understand them doing certain things that may seem unfair to us, but remember they are a company and as times get harsh they need to find new ways of keeping the company running.

i hate when people make excuses for any damnfool thing a corporation might do just because "they have to make a profit". guess what, if they can't make a profit by treating their customers fairly and sensibly, then maybe they DESERVE to go bankrupt.

"keeping a company running" does not and should not excuse just any old thing that company might do. that's how we've ended up with corporations which (1) are considered as "persons" under the law, and yet (2) would be diagnosed as sociopaths by their behavior if they were human individuals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    Why are people complaining about this change?
    They've removed a silly rule which rewarded people for having multiple computers, and made it consistent across all players, while also letting people with only one computer also dual client.
    This is a bad thing? It's better for only a minority of people to be allowed to multi client, and to run as many as they have computers?

Because a few months after I started playing I got bored playing just one character, smashing the same key to spam skills so I stoped playing.

Then like 8 months later I started playing a second character simultaneously, and after 3 months or so I started getting bored and stopped playing again.

Then, like 8 more months again, I got a netbook for my work and tried adding a third character, . This time I found I reached the limit of characters I can *actively* play as a squad, each using their skills and bla... bla... bla... and even doing different things in separate places.

It's just what keeps my braincells busy and stimulated, so I just stopped playing since this rule came to be.

b:bye
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This rule is proving to be more counterproductive then usefull:

Example (me and my family) have access to 4 accounts.
    Current rule makes me edgy as I have to prove if all those accounts get online them being legit.

I am starting to play a pay-to-play game with monthly fees.
    If I like it, it might turn into 3 accounts being active within my household again all paying monthly fees simple as me and the rest of the family can without us being asked to prove ourselves to the game-company.

The irony:
    * Before rule no cash spent on 4 accounts played/active at the same time within 1 household.
    * After rule change possibly 3 paid subscriptions for several months to a game company that does not care about 2 or more accounts being online/active at the same time within 1 household.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • ArqueiroVerd - Dreamweaver
    ArqueiroVerd - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I, my family and my friends stop playing until you change the rule.
    Freedom for the players!
    No more draconian rule!
    The game has 10 classes, so everyone has a right to know the 10 classes!
    No catshops, no freedom of business, it's insulting to those who favor capitalism.
    juanpancho wrote: »
    Because a few months after I started playing I got bored playing just one character, smashing the same key to spam skills so I stoped playing.

Then like 8 months later I started playing a second character simultaneously, and after 3 months or so I started getting bored and stopped playing again.

Then, like 8 more months again, I got a netbook for my work and tried adding a third character, . This time I found I reached the limit of characters I can *actively* play as a squad, each using their skills and bla... bla... bla... and even doing different things in separate places.

It's just what keeps my braincells busy and stimulated, so I just stopped playing since this rule came to be.

b:bye
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if updating a 3rd client WITHOUT LOGING IN gets me into trouble already?

This morning I was logged in on 2 of my 3 accounts for a daily and I started a 3rd client on my laptop.
    Hell in my home I have access to 10 PC's and 5 of those have the client software installed simple as members of the family or me like to log on to the game within the house.

Basically I have 2 laptops with the client installed just in case I am to play somewhere esle but home and other PC's of various age and different locations within the household so I can always keep my eye on the game while doing the laundry, making dinner and what not...)

(I hate this new rule, I do.... Starts paid-to-play game to loose aggravation.)
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if updating a 3rd client WITHOUT LOGING IN gets me into trouble already?

i don't know (probably nobody knows, tbh) but i can't see how they'd know whom to give trouble for if you don't log in and thus provide them with an account to investigate. sure, they can tell that a client connects to their update servers from your IP address, but people have already noted they can't make this determination based on IP addresses alone due to NATting and multi-member households, so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just read this... Best news of this game's history so far... Finaly I can have my characters play with my mystic... But one question... When you want prove of diffirent famely members multi-clienting... What kind of prove are we talking about? Just make a picture while me and mom are playing or something? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Raiyylah - Archosaur
    Raiyylah - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i i have just 1 account,and i want to use 2 charcaters in the same time.can i use 2 charcacters in the same time?and if i can how can i do it?
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i i have just 1 account,and i want to use 2 charcaters in the same time.can i use 2 charcacters in the same time?and if i can how can i do it?

You can't play two characters at a time if they are both on the same account (and on the same server, I am assuming). For multiclienting, you generally need to have two accounts.

Most of my characters are on one account. I feel your pain. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • dstrkr
    dstrkr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i hate when people make excuses for any damnfool thing a corporation might do just because "they have to make a profit". guess what, if they can't make a profit by treating their customers fairly and sensibly, then maybe they DESERVE to go bankrupt.

"keeping a company running" does not and should not excuse just any old thing that company might do. that's how we've ended up with corporations which (1) are considered as "persons" under the law, and yet (2) would be diagnosed as sociopaths by their behavior if they were human individuals.

b:laughb:laugh Okay then do something about it instead of complaining all the time..b:laugh

To: Promivius - Dreamweaver Yes you can install 20 different clients if you want but you can ONLY use 2 at any given time.

To: Annalyse - Heavens Tear & Raiyylah - Archosaur I do feel your pain as well I have 8 characters in 1 server and 2 in another server but on the same account and cant even use a character in each server at the same time b:cry

But you got to adjust. Thats what life's about. b:pleased
  • jagnar2011
    jagnar2011 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sachita View Post
    I checked whole thread now and found no answer from GMs for question "what about families". I have three sons, atm two of them are interested to play with me. so if we wanna play together would mean three accounts in one household. How could I prove we are different players? behind a router with lan-connection you allways have same IP and would like to prove, BEFORE we all would be banned maybe
    would be nice to get an answer for a question I found ceveral times on this thread, and hope my question will be read between thousands of discussions
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'll talk to frankie and see if we can't get some information posted up here.b:victory

Still no answer to this?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jagnar2011 wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sachita View Post
    I checked whole thread now and found no answer from GMs for question "what about families". I have three sons, atm two of them are interested to play with me. so if we wanna play together would mean three accounts in one household. How could I prove we are different players? behind a router with lan-connection you allways have same IP and would like to prove, BEFORE we all would be banned maybe
    would be nice to get an answer for a question I found ceveral times on this thread, and hope my question will be read between thousands of discussions

Still no answer to this?

Hey guys, we realize that you're concerned with exactly how you would have to prove what situation your particular household has for multiple people playing. The proof would be done on a case-by-case basis, depending on how the GM team decides to move forward with the situation.

If you are suspected of running more than 2 clients as a sole person, your account(s) will be temp banned, at which point our GM team will be in contact with you about your next step.

According to the GM team, basically the more suspicious your activity with multiple accounts is, the more likely it is that they'll have to get in contact with you. They do suggest that the different members of your household register their accounts with accurate information, as opposed to, say, making 6 accounts all under the same name.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So basicly family members that are about the total oppisite of eachother don't have to worry about this? Well that's a relief... At least for me... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • jetjar
    jetjar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They do suggest that the different members of your household register their accounts with accurate information, as opposed to, say, making 6 accounts all under the same name.

I have 3 accounts under my name and info. One my son uses. He is over 13, but due to some problems in the past I am very strict with his internet usage and he has no email. I guess this means I'll be temp banned and questioned if he is on and I am on my main and cat shop at the same time. b:surrender
    edited April 2011
    Options
    depending on what tools PWE have at their disposal, it may be relatively easy --- or effectively impossible --- for them to tell how many different humans are controlling any set of N different logged-in characters.

for instance, if they're able to tell that two characters are receiving command inputs at the same time, while not gaming near each other / helping each other and neither of them appearing to be controlled by a bot (anti-botting measures being a different issue, which PWE have good reasons to be investing in anyway) then it'd be pretty clear you were dealing with two gamers. but if all they're able to tell is that the two characters are logged in at the same time and neither of them catshopped, they might have a harder time verifying what's going on.

it comes down to (among other things, but not least among them) what manner of tools they've built for themselves to enforce this policy with. let's hope they build their in-house tools better than they design their in-game maps.
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    As long as you guys used real info when you registered (i.e. all four accounts do not have the same registration info across the board), you'll definitely look less suspicious than the average abuser.

The GM's will try to take all things into account before banning.

Oh yeah, sounds like 'you'll be judged fairly and banned' b:surrenderb:surrender
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey guys, we realize that you're concerned with exactly how you would have to prove what situation your particular household has for multiple people playing. The proof would be done on a case-by-case basis, depending on how the GM team decides to move forward with the situation.

If you are suspected of running more than 2 clients as a sole person, your account(s) will be temp banned, at which point our GM team will be in contact with you about your next step.

According to the GM team, basically the more suspicious your activity with multiple accounts is, the more likely it is that they'll have to get in contact with you. They do suggest that the different members of your household register their accounts with accurate information, as opposed to, say, making 6 accounts all under the same name.

will you give players a facility to change this info to the correct one, rather than having to break a rule to create a new account with the correct information.

becasue i never use my real information when registering for somthing on the internet just out of habit.
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Frankie? What if I want to have Sage and Demon toons for each class (i.e 20 toons!!!)? b:laugh

There's a total of 10 classes but each account can hold up to 8 maximum classes b:chuckle

Unless PWI upgrade the accounts to hold 10 maximum toons, people would still create more accounts if they wanna have Sage and Demon toons of each class b:chuckle. But let's say it's fair as long as 2 accounts are running at same time...

Fruit for thought to GMs b:laughb:laugh
    edited April 2011
    Options

Lol. That seems rather harsh... jump right in there with a temp ban before you even find out anything? You do realize that there are a *lot* of families out there that set up accounts for their kids? Sure, maybe it wasn't the best idea, but they had no way to know this would happen and it is too late now. If this is the way things go, now you will just have a lot of scared people out there.

And how exactly are people supposed to do that if accounts are already made and only 2 per person are allowed? This information does not help those that are in the predicament listed above. That is where the current problem lies, not with new people registering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RauI - Archosaur
    RauI - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    about the rules this means you can create 2 accounts with the same email?
  • WingedXepher - Dreamweaver
    WingedXepher - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So if i have 8 brothers playing in the same home, i will have to show you all my family to prove i'm not the one using the accounts? ._.
    Isn't it a game? xD
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Can't I just show you a picture of my family members now? I wanted to defend you guys but how are we supposed to do things like get screenshots if we are banned? It's wrong to BAN someone as guilty before proven innocent. I had hoped you guys would do it the way you do .ini edits (even though with those it's so obvious that they are violating the rules) so that you aren't banned before you have a chance. In fact I would support you more if you flipped these banning rules since you can take one look at a player and tell that they .ini edited but something like playing with family members is something that require time to prove and possibly screenshots from the player.

Why ban innocent people but allow people who are obviously breaking the rules off with a warning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • terrorsine
    terrorsine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Interesting rule-change, I hope it turns out to be positive.