Petition to remove Jones Blessings

Comments

• Honourless - Heavens Tear
    Honourless - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I guess you couldn't comprehend the part about making warsoul power affordable.

And nowhere does it say that RPG battles should be longer. Thats just your preference. Some people would prefer it to be shorter.

And just as a crappy player in FPS can take 3+ seconds to kill someone with prey and spray, a crapply geared PWI player can do the same.

There is no difference if their facing someone who outclasses them. They'll just turn around and kill you with their accuracy in FPS, or with their insane gears in free MMO's.

Only difference is a Jones Blessing gives the underdog a handicap - letting them deal more damage. There is no handi-cap for a crappy FPS player except an aimbot.

Not true,there are many popular fps with handicaps/noob aids/ whatever you want to call them.

Just 1 example,some new player on call of doody mw2 can simply pick up a supply crate and get a chopper gunner.

Most fps these days all come with aim assist...in multiplayer lol
    How to be pro at all recent COD games,lay claymore behind you at exit to room,lie down and shoot anyone coming in front door,rinse and repeat.
    Host advantage get you killed?Never fear,with a 50% chance of spawning in behind your killer revenge will surely be yours.
    Can't aim for ****?Never fear.aim assist and cursor magnetism!
    Best of all,after a few kills the game will play itself and bump your k/d to new highs with its killstreaks system!
  • _SupaShot_ - Sanctuary
    _SupaShot_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTF Jones blesing is **** everything up, I agree they should just remove it, especially when some can get it and others can not
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:question Just passin thru. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • Bramir - Dreamweaver
    Bramir - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The only evidence needed of OP aps DDs is that they can solo squad instances. That is so obviously broken I can't believe it hasn't been fixed.

Regarding Jones blessings, people used to get in actual squads and finish instances without them, even if it was hard (some still do). If you take them away people will figure out how to do it again and it might even be fun.
  • Chrystin - Raging Tide
    Chrystin - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Of the six alts I'm actively playing, the only one upon which I keep a Jones Blessing is my barb. I feel compelled to do that only because it's a bit easier to keep aggro from other squad members who are also using the Blessing.

I have NO problem with having the Jones Blessing removed, but I think PWI should announce any changes well in advance and deactivate all Jones Blessings in-game at the same time. I'd rather not have to contend with all those with multiple Facebook accounts who've stockpiled the blessings.
  • zmanctz
    zmanctz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a lvl 100 barb who with the jones blessing TANKS just great. Maybe if you thnk the cant you just see crapy barbs, as of flesh ream it can be spammed and at lvl 11 it holds agro just fine. As far as pvp goes i have rank 8 weap one day nirvanna bc r9 weapon in my oppion is a joke. I handle myself just fine agqain and my weapon isnt plused up but to like 3. So once again idk what barb's you know but truth is you dont need r9 weapon + anything, all you need is tht beautiful jones blessing to add tht lil extra punch and BAM i am one the best TANKS . So next time dont argue for no jones blessing for all barbs next time just say the crapy ones you know.b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Ostina - Raging Tide
    Ostina - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Remove att/def lvl from game at all. To have +100% dmg and + 100% def when lvl100 is fighting lvl1 is stupid enough. I dont wanna talk abouth jone's and something like that. Better gear and attribute grow should be enough.
  • Heloinaa - Sanctuary
    Heloinaa - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ya ,remove that now.
    signed
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    signed

zmanctz wrote: »
    I have a lvl 100 barb who with the jones blessing TANKS just great. Maybe if you thnk the cant you just see crapy barbs, as of flesh ream it can be spammed and at lvl 11 it holds agro just fine. As far as pvp goes i have rank 8 weap one day nirvanna bc r9 weapon in my oppion is a joke. I handle myself just fine agqain and my weapon isnt plused up but to like 3. So once again idk what barb's you know but truth is you dont need r9 weapon + anything, all you need is tht beautiful jones blessing to add tht lil extra punch and BAM i am one the best TANKS . So next time dont argue for no jones blessing for all barbs next time just say the crapy ones you know.b:laughb:laughb:laugh

haha,lies...

in urdreams your lvl 11 flesh ream hold agro agains a 5.0 +5 daggers,
    as an experienced cleric i know what to do:
    1- ignore barb
    2-IH best aps/sin

btw in tw i usualy 1 shot full buffed barbies with tempest +r9 wep .even the" super pros "like you =*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD
  • ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear
    ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They should make Jones Blessing both +30 attack AND defense levels (or 20/20, whatever sort of combination they come up with). This would cancel out in PvP but still be beneficial to PvE. I'm sure this has been stated before.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Remove att/def lvl from game at all. To have +100% dmg and + 100% def when lvl100 is fighting lvl1 is stupid enough. I dont wanna talk abouth jone's and something like that. Better gear and attribute grow should be enough.
    This.

For the life of me I can barely understand why these stats even exist. Almost every legitimate purpose they currently serve (such as Voodoo) can be accomplished through increases and reductions in the core stats (e.g. Black Voodoo could boost patk/matk while reducing pdef/mdef, and this could exist as a separate buff like it does already). Those core stats are designed to be used in standard damage calculation formulas; Atk/Def levels are factored in as a separate multiplier after that's done.

We already have that, though... it's called damage amps (and, conversely, damage reduction buffs).

So in effect, it's just a method of damage augmentation that supersedes all other stats, not to mention completely ignoring the law of Diminishing Returns. Can there be legitimate uses for such a thing? Maybe, if you make it temporary. Notice how those damage buffs/debuffs are usually very short-term (except in the case of BB's Bless, but that requires a continuous cast). Something like attack level, I think, should only be implemented as a temporary buff (if it were up to me, I'd add such a buff to Sage Spark to make it more even with Demon Spark, but ehh)... or, say, in small amounts for a short time per day (Roll Call bless boxes, anyone?).

But PWE has effectively made this "buff" (as they put it) available permanently to anyone with a dummy Facebook account and an empty mailbox (or, hell, a mule character with an empty mailbox and an Account Stash). So in the end, it's just another would-be-salvageable game mechanic that's been abused by the PWE marketing team (see also: r8).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They should make Jones Blessing both +30 attack AND defense levels (or 20/20, whatever sort of combination they come up with). This would cancel out in PvP but still be beneficial to PvE. I'm sure this has been stated before.
    what about http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12868981#post12868981 ? do you like the idea ?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • galilson
    galilson Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    psh ... you make it sound as if jones blessing is evil ... if u know how to play, it wouldnt annoy you in PvP , dont have any problems PvPing on HA, LA or arcane classes .. i dont know whats your problem xD ... if a barb cant hold agro, it doesnt mean that jones blessing have to do with it ... i mean u got interval sins and archers .. and psys with fast chenneling ... i mean Y R U HATEING ON JONES BLESSING? >.> enough said.
    Wonder why Neverwinter staff dont like me >;O
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This.

For the life of me I can barely understand why these stats even exist. Almost every legitimate purpose they currently serve (such as Voodoo) can be accomplished through increases and reductions in the core stats (e.g. Black Voodoo could boost patk/matk while reducing pdef/mdef, and this could exist as a separate buff like it does already). Those core stats are designed to be used in standard damage calculation formulas; Atk/Def levels are factored in as a separate multiplier after that's done.

We already have that, though... it's called damage amps (and, conversely, damage reduction buffs).

So in effect, it's just a method of damage augmentation that supersedes all other stats, not to mention completely ignoring the law of Diminishing Returns. Can there be legitimate uses for such a thing? Maybe, if you make it temporary. Notice how those damage buffs/debuffs are usually very short-term (except in the case of BB's Bless, but that requires a continuous cast). Something like attack level, I think, should only be implemented as a temporary buff (if it were up to me, I'd add such a buff to Sage Spark to make it more even with Demon Spark, but ehh)... or, say, in small amounts for a short time per day (Roll Call bless boxes, anyone?).

But PWE has effectively made this "buff" (as they put it) available permanently to anyone with a dummy Facebook account and an empty mailbox (or, hell, a mule character with an empty mailbox and an Account Stash). So in the end, it's just another would-be-salvageable game mechanic that's been abused by the PWE marketing team (see also: r8).

You don`t even need acc stash I bet 100 pct they haven't fixed that "bug" "exploit" call it what you want when players can trade/sell the blessings.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This.

increase of attack buff is an increase of weapon attack, and it can be purged, decrease of pdef/mdef is from equipment, and that can be purified.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    increase of attack buff is an increase of weapon attack, and it can be purged, decrease of pdef/mdef is from equipment, and that can be purified.
    Is this supposed to be a point in favor of Atk/Def Lvl and Jones Blessings? o.O Given the QQ about Psy buffs being unpurgable, you'd think that'd be a good thing. Or if you're implying that you can get the positives while purging the negatives, ala Dragon Bane, that wouldn't be an issue if it's all contained within one buff.

IIRC Voodoo is purgable, though, so I guess I'm not sure where you're going with this.

EDIT: If you're just referring to the general nature of Atk/Def level bless boxes as unpurgable being a good thing, I would disagree... not much else to say there. o.O

*fails to determine any other possible motive for your post*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    If you use a buff for the pdef/mdef increase and a debuff for attack decrease, or vice versa, a Psy can simply purify the debuff and keep the buff.

I'm also implying that the conventional buffs simply don't do what the voodoos are designed to do. an attack buff similar to titans is not increasing your damage by x%, it's adding your damage by x% of your weapon attack. There is no offensive buff other than attack level that increases your attack by x%.

for the def buffs, i guess you can use turtle or curse for increased or decreased damage taken, but that doesn't stack with sage spark or heaven's flame.

There's nothing wrong with attack lvl and def lvl, those were in the game from the beginning, evidenced by the fact that shards that increased attack and def lvl were always available by combining garnets.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There's nothing wrong with Jones Blessings THEMSELVES as far as balance goes. It's better to increase offense rather than defense. Why? Because if someone has outstanding offense, you can still beat them if you play your cards right. If someone has outstanding defense however, then there are times when you're literally helpless. PWI understands this and that's why you'll have trouble finding a class that can't one-shot people a fair amount of time.

However, one exception is of course, barbs. They have limited offense but the best defense in the game. I suggest keeping Jones Blessing, but also releasing a new blessing that either increases defense level OR HP by a certain %. The HP % blessing would specifically benefit barbs more directly whereas the defense one would just counter the Jones Blessing.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My vote is GTFO.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    If you use a buff for the pdef/mdef increase and a debuff for attack decrease, or vice versa, a Psy can simply purify the debuff and keep the buff.

I'm also implying that the conventional buffs simply don't do what the voodoos are designed to do. an attack buff similar to titans is not increasing your damage by x%, it's adding your damage by x% of your weapon attack. There is no offensive buff other than attack level that increases your attack by x%.

for the def buffs, i guess you can use turtle or curse for increased or decreased damage taken, but that doesn't stack with sage spark or heaven's flame.

There's nothing wrong with attack lvl and def lvl, those were in the game from the beginning, evidenced by the fact that shards that increased attack and def lvl were always available by combining garnets.
    I'll give you the point about voodoo, as it's a self-buff and one of the main mechanics of the psyhic class... though IMO it can still work just as well either way. My main problem is the fact that you can augment those stats to a significant degree, stats that IMO are designed to work with short-term buffs, permanently through use of gear pieces. R9 equips and constant access to Jones Blessings have not been in the game from the beginning, and every other method of permanent Atk/Def Level increase has been so small that it barely matters unless you pack 24 DoTs into your armor. And yeah, DoTs were in the game from day 1, but the only way to get 24 of them was something that planted it clearly in the "no sane person could ever do this" category.

Oops?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    That's like saying no sane person would even get R8 from the beginning.

I only answered to this:

"For the life of me I can barely understand why these stats even exist."
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    That's like saying no sane person would even get R8 from the beginning.
    Would it? I never looked into the specifics of farming that much rep back in those days. But I think my point stands - significant, permanent A/D Lvl increase is something the devs never intended when coding the stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    but then there was Warsoul...
  • Uriah - Raging Tide
    Uriah - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Jones Blessings are the only free thing in the game... I don't agree with taking them out of game. I do agree with giving the choice of an atk or def lvl blessing.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree that Attack Level / Defense Level adds a lot of unnecessary complication to the system. Perhaps alot of the complication is how it is presented as not factoring into your base attack or defense.

Really though I agree with Miugre in that it was a late addition to the game during development. If you look at how everything else relates to eachother (mag/str/vit/dex, weapon attack, base damage, weapon mastery, equipment defense, base defense) you will see everything is well-connected. Attack level and defense level aren't connected to anything else but eachother. It actually would simplify things if they were based off of some existing stat.

Actually in defense level formulas there is a separate attack rating mechanic based off of your level:
    % reduction = defense / (40*level + defense)
    That 40*level stat dictates how well you are able to overcome the opponents defense and I think things would be simplified if they used this stat instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    >level 97

>not endgame

>talking about something he's never experienced

Too bad high aps isn't even common until 99/100, don't talk about things you don't know about kthxbai.

Also, we don't really need to remove jones blessings, just give us a choice of getting a jones or a +30 DEF level blessing.

Don't worry Rawrgh is just mad he couldn't solo with the 5 APS barb and make money anymore cause of the +30 Attack level removal if this did happen. I see you're mad, bro, kthxboi. Don't worry you wouldn't lose your Jone's Blessing. China is pretty dumb struck by these posts anyway.

Its funny how one little item causes so much distraction and online petitions are useless its like protesting and waving a sign. Doesn't get you anywhere.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Don't worry Rawrgh is just mad he couldn't solo with the 5 APS barb and make money anymore cause of the +30 Attack level removal if this did happen. I see you're mad, bro, kthxboi. Don't worry you wouldn't lose your Jone's Blessing. China is pretty dumb struck by these posts anyway.

Its funny how one little item causes so much distraction and online petitions are useless its like protesting and waving a sign. Doesn't get you anywhere.

You high? I've been soloing 3-2 still for the past week and my jones blessing ran out like the day after the web page went down. I didn't get a new one until about 2 hours before the tiger event that I bought. The only difference is that a jones saves me maybe 10 minutes per run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why petition when **** is messed up with jones now? blahahah
  • Yhuna - Harshlands
    Yhuna - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm just gonna put in my two cents about the mage/psy thing.

IF they're OP enough to one shot you with a Jones..
    then wouldn't it make sense that they'd have quick enough channeling to 2-Shot you without?
    IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yhuna - 101 Mystic
    Elyzium - 100 Wizzie
    Demitrix - 100 Cleric
    Neidra - 91 Veno
    S N A K E B Y T E<3