Petition to remove Jones Blessings

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When 5aps archers take down 24k hp barbs in TW in seconds! That is OP for PVP. Ive seen it happen.
    And that barb didn't have bramble on because...........?

And forget taking them down in seconds. I've seen a 25k hp barb get one shot by an R9 mage. Forget seconds of auto attacking at close range, this mage stood at a distance and channeled sage bids and one shot him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Remove Jones' Blessing. Give me the blessing from CoA.
    b:chuckle
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As much as I love the dmg boost I get from this, I have to admit that it needs to go.

/Signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011

And forget taking them down in seconds. I've seen a 25k hp barb get one shot by an R9 mage. Forget seconds of auto attacking at close range, this mage stood at a distance and channeled sage bids and one shot him.

A cata barb in my guild got crit for 40k with sage BIDS from r9.
    Op.
  • Brus - Lost City
    Brus - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Remove them for donators, keep them for F2Players
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just make it so Jones doesn't stack with any other Att level increase Items ( Ie: R9, Nirvana Add's ) b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011

So now that we have decided that each class can take out another in seconds. Especially since 5aps can take out barb and by pass charm tick.Also melees get speed and casters dont. Blah blah blah...We determine they are equal in PVP.. Let's work out that PVE now.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    here simple solution to combat the attack level **** give out a choice of attack level 30 or defense level 30 on your blessing....also make it so you cannot switch them in combat.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When 5aps archers take down 24k hp barbs in TW in seconds! That is OP for PVP. Ive seen it happen.

and those archers are using claws in a tw why? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited April 2011
    and those archers are using claws in a tw why? b:chuckle

Ask cheze, its in one of his vids.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why take now jones blessing? are people tired to die fast to pkers? this post looks a little for QQers people and thats all. LOL
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well let the site stay down and the problem will solve itself b:chuckle

I do kinda agree that the Jones mess things up. I dont even think its needed to do the +30atk balance with adding a +30 def either. We do have Roll Call after all~

+8atk levels isnt the biggest difference, to me its still the lil difference I need to one shot most of my BM friends in a duel. Cant do it without it. Would also make the Roll call worth doing if it was the only blessing available.

As for 5 aps barbs... Squishy. Give me a real barb or a BM instead, or my favorite option: Let me tank >=3. Alot of the 5 aps barbs Ive encountered got even less HP than me, a Veno, and still cant hold aggro vs. BMs or fishies. A barb that can actually pull a catapult and not get killed by a lone ranger that easy is way more valuable b:dirty

For PvP the blessing do **** things up, but so does some skills that imo should be changed. Either that or let us get back some old functions. b:avoid

/signed
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    /Signed
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Removing Jones blessing will give R9's a larger advantage than they already have.
    They will be the only ones left with very high attack level.

Like R9 with bless isnt a problem
    /Signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Defense/Attack levels, -interval/-cast = all bad ideas, remove plox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    /all gear and weapons must be taken off in PVP, you are allowed to only no weapon punch each other to death.

This way we have no -chan OP mages or 5aps Sins/BMs/Barbs.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So now that we have decided that each class can take out another in seconds. Especially since 5aps can take out barb and by pass charm tick.Also melees get speed and casters dont. Blah blah blah...We determine they are equal in PVP.. Let's work out that PVE now.
    Equal? Are you insane?

First of all, a cata barb is only going to get killed by one 5 aps person in TW if he's a complete and utter moron. Second of all, he shouldn't be running around by himself. Third, he shouldn't be running around without bramble. Fourth, you easily overestimate the damage of fist/claws. Even with +10 TT100 fists an archer would still need a good 8 to 9 seconds to take down a cata barb. Fifth, seriously, how dumb was that barb to stand around and just let the guy hit him?

To do that an archer would have to get close, and if he somehow managed to do that without getting facerolled in 5 seconds, then either the other TW faction fails or his genie and apoth are on cooldown. Then he needs to consecutively attack the guy for an extended period of time.

Have you ever been in a REAL tw? Obviously not if you think aps is even slightly useful in TW to do more than kill the things you port to. In TW, mass PK, and even small PK fights, range is king. Taking the time to run up to someone puts a giant bulls eye on your head and 9 times out of 10 you will get facerolled before you even reach them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Remove Jones Blessings and cap aps after I get my Seeker his endgame gear quick and cheap plz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why dont we do like this ?

Jones blessing give +30 att. level AND +30 def. level...

this way no1 gets advantage out of bless beside for the PVE aspect of game which will be usefull to everybody

If you have r9 gear, nirvana or warsoul (lol), if you shard with all att./def. bonus you DESERVE to have advantage cuz your gear is high-end game and it costed a lot...

But with just +30 att. level some classes get more advantages than other.

With this bless, is like having no bless in pvp, but it will help in pve, so then every1 is happy. I like also the choice of 30/0 - 15/15 - 0/30
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Like R9 with bless isnt a problem
    /Signed

You have a better chance against R9 with jones actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Actually, because of Jones, I can kill the majority of R8 archers on my 88 mystic, who has a lvl 85 green Emerald pataka +3, before they can react, due to an 8 second seal plus high magic damage/pet damage. Also most of these archers don't even bother to refine their armors past +1/+2, because they know its pointless.

If they get the drop on me, I'm usually dead by the time stun is over.

From this, I have discovered that the majority of R8 archers on harshlands do not have absolute domain on their genies, and/or they cannot afford level 60 apothecaries.

That is... interesting?
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They should just put a channeling/interval debuff on the blessing itself. Make it like genies too, so you can't swap it for a free power-up during battle.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yeah remove those blessings *** gmsb:bye

I agree Remove It, And the comment about we non R9s not reaching near R9, when R9 people put on the blessing they will just be 1 infront of us just the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You have a better chance against R9 with jones actually.

This is the truth.

With Jones you have a chance of at least killing them.

Without a Jones Blessing you'll find that gap widen so large that Rank 9 QQ posts will popup all over the forums.

The rank 9's are still going to 1 shot you with their BIDS, or insane magic skills. They'll still kill you in 5-10 seconds with their god of frenzy hacks. They'll still debuff you and hit you for insane amounts of damage 5K+.

The only difference is you wont be able to hurt them as much now. Just try fighting someone with the equivalent of a level 10 seeker buff (+30 def levels).
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is the truth.

With Jones you have a chance of at least killing them.

Without a Jones Blessing you'll find that gap widen so large that Rank 9 QQ posts will popup all over the forums.

The rank 9's are still going to 1 shot you with their BIDS, or insane magic skills. They'll still kill you in 5-10 seconds with their god of frenzy hacks. They'll still debuff you and hit you for insane amounts of damage 5K+.

The only difference is you wont be able to hurt them as much now. Just try fighting someone with the equivalent of a level 10 seeker buff (+30 def levels).

So a regular joe with +5 R8 wep and jones blessing, has a chance to kill a R9 with 12-15k hp, and 10000+ in p. def and/or magic def? As if the jones blessing would make any difference.

Meanwhile *real* pvp, ie the ones between people with realistic gears, is still unfun because everyone still mostly gets one-shot. Then R9's one-shot you.

See where I'm getting at? RPG's aren't fun if everything is a 1-2 shot, the whole POINT of RPG battles is for it to take longer so you can, ehrm, "savor" the battle.

1-2 shot kills are nice for FPS, where the action is so fast that 10000 things happen in the 2-3 seconds 2 people are fighting each other.

Not so in PWI. Press one button. Dead. The action is too slow for everything to just die in 1-2 shots. That's why people say this game is so brainless and pointless.

How can you have a "real" fight when most fights last 3-5 seconds, and the average skill takes around 1-2 seconds to execute? Wheras in FPS you can empty an entire clip while jumping and strafing and aiming at a moving target in the 3-5 seconds you're alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There would be a lot more to do to re-balance, but it's a start.

/signed
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    with or without jonas blessing ur 1 shot to +12 r9 anyway.

So with jonas blessing u have better chance to kill a r9+12 with some help
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    with or without jonas blessing ur 1 shot to +12 r9 anyway.

So with jonas blessing u have better chance to kill a r9+12 with some help

R9 is insanely unbalanced regardless, and in the vast majority of cases the arrival of a R9 means the end of any pvp in that area. So I really don't consider that a factor. My most enjoyable fights are against equally geared BM's and Barbs, which are usually drawn-out battles with kiting, genie conservation, and strategic use of pots and sparks.

People on my server used to actually flock together and spectate battles between BM vs BM, Wiz vs Barbs, etc, because they were long and interesting to watch. On the other hand no one cares when an archer stunning arrow's the wiz and he drops, then the wiz comes back 2 minutes later and sutra-ults the archer and he drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Notion - Lost City
    Notion - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lets all just agree R9 was for the Chinese servers, as a fix. But a massive **** up for our servers. Hats off to the devs, again, for this bull****. Before rank 9 Jones blessings were fine, as it balanced damage and gear; so a BM could kill another one, if they're both charmed, instead of just hours of punching.

Flaming and trolling here is a waste of time. It'll just get the thread closed. Burnout asked for a signed/ unsigned, say it and leave.

BTW: /signed, I can't solo frost without one, yet.
    edited April 2011
    If you come across r9 anything, I recommend old school move called ganking.