Petition to remove Jones Blessings

Comments

• SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    >level 97

>not endgame

>talking about something he's never experienced

Too bad high aps isn't even common until 99/100, don't talk about things you don't know about kthxbai.

Also, we don't really need to remove jones blessings, just give us a choice of getting a jones or a +30 DEF level blessing.
    awesome idea blessing give 30+att lvl or def lvl you choose
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I could actually beat some r9's(only clerics lol xP) in 1vs1's but it looks like thats flying out the window if this happens =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary
    Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Umm... All of the arcanes need the Jones Blessing because with the addition of rank 9, we still stand no chance against all of the r9 archers, barbs, and BM's. The Jones Blessing gives us some form of an advantage because it means we might actually survive long enough to actually do something. Cata clerics, unless geared out the rear, can't tank a r9 archer and heal the barb at the same time. It just isn't possible. Even if the archer doesn't have a Jones Blessing. The Jones Blessing gives us an opportunity to take out those pesky r9 archers with +10 bow that can one shot almost any arcane >.> You think because people one shot you that the game is broken and everybody else is OP. The real problem is that you probably have **** gear and can't take a single hit. I have decent gear, I've cash shopped a bit, I can also take a few hits from a r9 archer if I time things appropriately. But without Jones Blessing, I couldn't take out cata barbs, stunning BM's, or those r9 archers that gear themselves to hell with jade of steady defenses. Those barbs with 35k hp, you try taking out one without a Jones Blessing while having 3 BM's trying to kill you, and an archer sniping you from the side.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    signed/
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So a regular joe with +5 R8 wep and jones blessing, has a chance to kill a R9 with 12-15k hp, and 10000+ in p. def and/or magic def? As if the jones blessing would make any difference.

Meanwhile *real* pvp, ie the ones between people with realistic gears, is still unfun because everyone still mostly gets one-shot. Then R9's one-shot you.

See where I'm getting at? RPG's aren't fun if everything is a 1-2 shot, the whole POINT of RPG battles is for it to take longer so you can, ehrm, "savor" the battle.

1-2 shot kills are nice for FPS, where the action is so fast that 10000 things happen in the 2-3 seconds 2 people are fighting each other.

Not so in PWI. Press one button. Dead. The action is too slow for everything to just die in 1-2 shots. That's why people say this game is so brainless and pointless.

How can you have a "real" fight when most fights last 3-5 seconds, and the average skill takes around 1-2 seconds to execute? Wheras in FPS you can empty an entire clip while jumping and strafing and aiming at a moving target in the 3-5 seconds you're alive.

I dont know whether you think its a good idea to bring a different game genre into this. But in First Person Shooters, if you suck at aiming of course it will take longer.

Otherwise, if your good at aiming it takes less time to kill someone than in PWI. A 0.1 second headshot <<<<< 3 second cast.

But I see your the kind of person who sprays and preys... Perhaps playing something else than Call of Duty would teach you how to be a better FPS player.

Lets all just agree R9 was for the Chinese servers, as a fix. But a massive **** up for our servers. Hats off to the devs, again, for this bull****. Before rank 9 Jones blessings were fine, as it balanced damage and gear; so a BM could kill another one, if they're both charmed, instead of just hours of punching.

Flaming and trolling here is a waste of time. It'll just get the thread closed. Burnout asked for a signed/ unsigned, say it and leave.

BTW: /signed, I can't solo frost without one, yet.

Wow... well I guess you never considered the fact that Warsoul was in the game... All rank 9 did was make Warsoul power affordable. Just be glad Lost City wasn't the server where people purchased warsoul items.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ...And put Dominance Blessings back into the game. The Jones blessings unbalance pvp by giving mages/psychics the ability to one-shot everything with fairly minimal effort, and destroy's the Barb's usefulness as a pvp tank. At the same time, they don't give barbs a high enough damage increase that they can actually be useful as a DD in TW's, except for the occasional armageddon (or if they have R9+12).

Jones blessings ruin class roles, by making barb tanking absolutely pointless. A barb IS NOT A TANK as long as Jones blessings are in the game. There is no point in even learning the skill Flesh Ream. Barbs need fists to hold aggro. It overpowers assasins by giving them so much DPS that they can solo instances and bosses simply by activating bloodpaint and going afk (coming back to press eruption every 12 seconds).

It removes the incentive to buy any armor at all, the majority of people in pvp just get a +10 weapon and mold armors, resulting in unfun pvp where everything dies within 3-4 seconds, charmed or not. This is not enjoyable pvp.

It skews the usefulness of certain attack and defense level buffs, Seekers have a HUGE defensive advantage in pvp that puts them almost at barb-level (just without invoke, of course) because of their ability to negate Jone's blessing with a single buff. Without Jones, stacking defense levels loses much of its usefulness because of diminishing returns.

Let us use Jones/Dominance blessings ONLY in pve instances, where they are greatly appreciated. But please don't ruin pvp just so we can make pve a little easier. Having balanced PvP encourages players to both invest in the game more and stay playing longer, keeping the game healthier overall. I know some of you don't pvp at all, BUT pvp'ers still comprise a significant portion of the playerbase.

In short, let us use Jones/Dominance Blessings in instances, but not in PVP.

/signed

Lol.... You fail good sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I miss the Anniversary Blessing I loved the Defense Level bonus b:sad

I don't mind the Jone's Blessing but there should be an option to have one with +30 defense level that would be nifty especially for the squishy cleric b:thanks

I would agree with the OP, but honestly it really isn't going to do much. Everyone with a FB account can get a Jones Blessing, so equal access to all. Even if they DID remove it completely, the APS people are still going to have the advantage tanking. I can really say about the PvP issue is, although take into consideration that Rank gear and aps continue to have the advantage in PvP.

I'm glad I don't pk ^^;;

+1

Without stacking IH, I die within 3-4 attacks. Which is bad when your level 27. ^ ^;
    When stacking with IH 25% of the time I still die, just from lagging. ^ ^;

Jones Blessing helped a lot by actually killing something off b4 I died. b:surrender
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Martincho - Heavens Tear
    Martincho - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sure remove it (sarcasm) and then those who aren't rich enough for R9 or any pro gear would kill flies only and they will still get killed by those R9 or any pro gear.. at least jones blessing helps those who aren't R9 and those for pve (i mean outside instances too).

I know, i've seen R9 or those who have pro gear killing ppl with 1 shot but maybe thanks to jones blessing 2 o 3 guys could kill that R9 or pro guy. Also, it's not the same ppl with R8/9 gear and ppl with 90 or 99 gear, there jones blessing benefits a lot to those with 99 or 90 gear also those R8/9.. i've seen a lot of pvp wars and mostly one side wins, then the other wins.. unless enrage calls all their fact members -.- but most of the times there is a balanced pvp war (at least from what i see on HT) unless of course there is 5vs2 or 2(R9)vs 4 (with not so pro gear).

Jones blessing have been here since a lot, ppl QQ about it (like this thread, that unbalance pvp, etc etc) but when there was no jones blessing (maybe cuz page was down) they QQ more than before

Go go go guys, insult me and tell me a lot of thing like everyone does :DD and for those that will tell that i don't know about this game and those things, i've been here for more than 2 years and also played on another server (not private server) for more than 2 years ;)

GM's don't listen to this QQ, jones blessing is great :D
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What I'm hearing in this thread is "Jones is bad, but R9 is worse." :P Well, duh.

Conclusion: Fair PVP is dead, concern yourselves with PVE. And in PVE, Jones Blessings are okay, but DDs should really learn to unequip them when dealing with a barb tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I dont know whether you think its a good idea to bring a different game genre into this. But in First Person Shooters, if you suck at aiming of course it will take longer.

Otherwise, if your good at aiming it takes less time to kill someone than in PWI. A 0.1 second headshot <<<<< 3 second cast.

But I see your the kind of person who sprays and preys... Perhaps playing something else than Call of Duty would teach you how to be a better FPS player.

Wow... well I guess you never considered the fact that Warsoul was in the game... All rank 9 did was make Warsoul power affordable. Just be glad Lost City wasn't the server where people purchased warsoul items.

That depends on the type of game. In games that allow you to jump most people will do it to be a harder target. Stop trying to stroke your ego by implying that you're some "l33t" FPS player. I was just trying to say that RPG battles should be longer and more strategic, and using counter-examples to compare it to.

Also $10-20 THOUSAND dollar warsoul is not a good comparison to R9 gear you can get with around $1000. How many people on your server have warsoul compared to R9?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Dominance Blessing all the way.

Signed.
    Packs World International
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    /signed....for all the good it will do...which is none :(
  • angellicdeity
    edited April 2011
    That depends on the type of game. In games that allow you to jump most people will do it to be a harder target. Stop trying to stroke your ego by implying that you're some "l33t" FPS player. I was just trying to say that RPG battles should be longer and more strategic, and using counter-examples to compare it to.

Also $10-20 THOUSAND dollar warsoul is not a good comparison to R9 gear you can get with around $1000. How many people on your server have warsoul compared to R9?

I guess you couldn't comprehend the part about making warsoul power affordable.

And nowhere does it say that RPG battles should be longer. Thats just your preference. Some people would prefer it to be shorter.

And just as a crappy player in FPS can take 3+ seconds to kill someone with prey and spray, a crapply geared PWI player can do the same.

There is no difference if their facing someone who outclasses them. They'll just turn around and kill you with their accuracy in FPS, or with their insane gears in free MMO's.

Only difference is a Jones Blessing gives the underdog a handicap - letting them deal more damage. There is no handi-cap for a crappy FPS player except an aimbot.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    *wave*

ya, for non sin meles jones bless = buttsexed before you can get into range. not exactly a fan of it, ability to kill the rank 9 dosent matter when the aready broken as hell attack level gets another 30 point jack up so your lieing on the ground dead at 30 meters from pyro+ gush

no really the amount of mages on sanc that can hit 5k+ non crit through 10k+ m def is disgusting
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited April 2011
    *wave*

ya, for non sin meles jones bless = buttsexed before you can get into range. not exactly a fan of it, ability to kill the rank 9 dosent matter when the aready broken as hell attack level gets another 30 point jack up so your lieing on the ground dead at 30 meters from pyro+ gush

no really the amount of mages on sanc that can hit 5k+ non crit through 10k+ m def is disgusting

One of the main jobs in TW for a Wizard is to take out BM's. If a Wizard can't hit hard, they are useless. A wizard can tank as many people as they want, but if they can't kill anything, there's no point in using the class. So quit QQing about us doing our jobs before I start QQing about how stun locks is "disgusting."
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    One of the main jobs in TW for a Wizard is to take out BM's. If a Wizard can't hit hard, they are useless. A wizard can tank as many people as they want, but if they can't kill anything, there's no point in using the class. So quit QQing about us doing our jobs before I start QQing about how stun locks is "disgusting."

L2shrinkijs
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    Fluxal - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Silly people, Jones Blessings weren't designed for the gamers already in the game b:chuckle

..Its an engenius advertising campaign that attracts new players and breaths new life into the game. It's unfortunate that it unbalances PVP, but none of us can afford to get rid of it.

//SIGNED (to make it a PVE only blessing)
    And I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger...the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.
    edited April 2011
    brent40 wrote: »
    L2shrinkijs

Can't use shrink when you're stunned. IJS.
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i like how all these melee guys talking about how bad the jones blassing is lol. Jones is like the last refusuge from being extinct. I have a r9 wizzy. Bms have found ways to run thruogh my fire, barbs if their not stupid fist ones can roll up to me if their charmed. Wizzys have by far the longest channeling time and theirs no r9 armour with channeling reduction. Wizzys still have fatal flaws, such as the orignal classes do. Jones bessings is one of the only ways original classes can get a bonus.

lets not forget

pys have a ton of new age buffs for the games new features
    sins never be seen without apo because they can raise their dection levels with a passive
    sins can spark and stun with stealth
    even mytics have a real knockback and skills that atuamatically do double damage
    seekers will have 50 to defense with r9 gear and self buff alone !!!!!

all these new chars have ways to get stronger, faster, better. Why would you guys QQ over something that can level the playing field. If anything the jones blesssing should only be for an original class lol
    Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    Can't use shrink when you're stunned. IJS.

windows of oppurtunity ijs...you always have it... and if your well enough geared, you can pretty much tank the first stun phaze...

Hammer it buddy....hammer it..
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    rate in the suggestions thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1058021
    will you be happy if it's that way ?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How about a petition to change it to +60 attack level and +30 def level?

Jones is kinda nice for the lower levels. b:surrender And that is where I'm spending my time right now, on my Sin. The pathetic +8 box that lasts 30 minutes is a joke. I open them just so they time out.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I guess you couldn't comprehend the part about making warsoul power affordable.

And nowhere does it say that RPG battles should be longer. Thats just your preference. Some people would prefer it to be shorter.

And just as a crappy player in FPS can take 3+ seconds to kill someone with prey and spray, a crapply geared PWI player can do the same.

There is no difference if their facing someone who outclasses them. They'll just turn around and kill you with their accuracy in FPS, or with their insane gears in free MMO's.

Only difference is a Jones Blessing gives the underdog a handicap - letting them deal more damage. There is no handi-cap for a crappy FPS player except an aimbot.

So what kind of point are you trying to make? Did you even read the OP? The point of this thread is that Jones unbalances pvp by making wizards, sins, and psys incredibly powerful, while not giving the same advantages to BM's/Barbs.

Were you even around before Jones blessings were in the game? To kill the best geared players you actually had to be in vent, or at least be relatively coordinated to kill Barbs/BM's. Wizard sutra wasn't something you just popped the moment you saw someone, you had to track pot/charm cooldowns and position yourself so that you could spike your opponent down.

Wizards nowadays actually start battles off by casting...BIDS...and hoping it one-shots them. They blow all their sparks on this, then if it doesn't work they have NO idea what to do if the opponent is charmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Please also nerf clerics for pvp, they shouldn't be able to heal themselves while OP players whack at them and survive........

Just plain no.
  • angellicdeity
    edited April 2011
    So what kind of point are you trying to make? Did you even read the OP? The point of this thread is that Jones unbalances pvp by making wizards, sins, and psys incredibly powerful, while not giving the same advantages to BM's/Barbs.

Were you even around before Jones blessings were in the game? To kill the best geared players you actually had to be in vent, or at least be relatively coordinated to kill Barbs/BM's. Wizard sutra wasn't something you just popped the moment you saw someone, you had to track pot/charm cooldowns and position yourself so that you could spike your opponent down.

Wizards nowadays actually start battles off by casting...BIDS...and hoping it one-shots them. They blow all their sparks on this, then if it doesn't work they have NO idea what to do if the opponent is charmed.

I came from the MY version after 4 months of convincing from the guild-mates who left to this batch of servers. So I've probably been playing the PW game longer than you have.

I was around and the best geared players back then didn't have gear that would let them drop any class in 2 or 3 hits. The best gear back then was GX HH99 with +4/5 refines. Even amazing still was a full HH90 set.

The only reasons BM's and Barbs were unusually tanky was because everyone else's gear was unusually ****.

Venos/BM/Barbs/Clerics would have the best gear because they were the favored class for HH. BM's could use HF to make he run go much quicker, venos pets aren't subject to boss resistances, barbs were needed to tank the instances. Clerics were absolutely essential.

An archer may have been nice to just sharp the bosses, but the point is most of the "DD" classes weren't given the same opportunity to farm their stuff being left out.

Wizards got shafted back then, as they are shafted by your APS craze today. The only difference is today DD classes can merchant the coins or buy gold to get their stuff. What you have today are DD classes who will hit hard regardless of whether or not your a barb or BM.

Don't kid yourself into thinking a +10 Rank 8 Wizard sword or +10 Rank 8 bow is going to hurt much less if they remove Jones Blessings.

Point is its +10 Rank 8 - the pinicle of gear next to a warsoul back in your "old-days". Its going to hit hard regardless. The only difference a Jones Blessing makes is closing the gap between the Rank 9's and everyone else.

The difference between Rank 8/Rank 9:

100~300 more base damage (including refines)
    63 Attack Levels
    25 Defense Levels (+16 if you shard Jades)
  • Honourless - Heavens Tear
    Honourless - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What I'm hearing in this thread is "Jones is bad, but R9 is worse." :P Well, duh.

Conclusion: Fair PVP is dead, concern yourselves with PVE. And in PVE, Jones Blessings are okay, but DDs should really learn to unequip them when dealing with a barb tank.

Even that doesn't work half the time,best thing seems to be equiiping and unequipping your weapon every few seconds,keeps you just within the dmg threshold(because if i keep my weapon on a few seconds longer than normal i take agro then)

I wish they would just boost the barbs agro skill since they allowed everyone else to do so much damage.
    How to be pro at all recent COD games,lay claymore behind you at exit to room,lie down and shoot anyone coming in front door,rinse and repeat.
    Host advantage get you killed?Never fear,with a 50% chance of spawning in behind your killer revenge will surely be yours.
    Can't aim for ****?Never fear.aim assist and cursor magnetism!
    Best of all,after a few kills the game will play itself and bump your k/d to new highs with its killstreaks system!
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I petition to remove Jone's Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... from Rank 9 players :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Kings_tides - Raging Tide
    Kings_tides - Raging Tide Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    OMG, what is this? I just got back for 2 TW against BewareOfUs. Ive been one shot soo many times by one seeker w/o Jones', and you want to remove Jones'? the only reason I can even kill him is that i have the one item you want to remove, and even then, i hit him just as hard as i do a magic class, and he wears HA.

What is the common denominator? Just remove all the CS gear, and suddenly, there is no longer any need to worry about being one shot by sins. Oh, and remove the dragon orbs, so that there isnt any more increased refine rate for those who dont CS. And remove all Rank gear, since you cant be bothered to try actually KILLING them without a few pots......

Oh wait, if you did this, this game would become P2P, and I wouldn't be QQing about QQing.....

In short, become those classes you want to nerf, b4 you start nerfing them b:cry
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the people on these forums are bigger idiots then i thought if they think this petition is actually going to do anything.
  • allelujah2
    allelujah2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    does this really matter the class balance of this game died a long time ago heck it got demolished when pwi had its raging tides expansion, yea i no sins arent that bad though and i know but then they came with a great idea... Rank 9 but it gets better $=Rank 9 in a few days but thats not all folks lets gives free buffs for having a facebook 0.o i truly loved play thing game back in the day but PWI completely killed it i think money got to there head a bit to hard and they went a tad over board to the point were this wont be the TOP F2P game in the market anymore