Power Leveling

Options

Comments

• XVBx - Dreamweaver
    XVBx - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    my thoughts on power leveling.
    i have been playing for roughly 2 years now.
    i was never big on leveling, as i just played the game to have fun (weird huh? I know!)
    more recently i have been power leveling, so as i can heal out more (i'm a cleric, being higher lvl helps).
    I no the game pretty much in-side and out. So im my case, i don't see anything wrong with power leveling, i just don't like grinding, day in and day out (once again, im weird like that).

I don't like power leveling, when people who don't have a clue on how to play the game, get to high lvl, and run around acting like they no what to do more then i do, because they are simply high level. that's, when power leveling gets out of hand.

*note, I know my "join date" says 2010. but that's when i first started using the forums. I know for sure, that i have been playing longer than that.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing. b:cool
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Simple solution:

If you know they power level, don't squad with them. It's true that those that power level have under developed skills. I met a level 101 bm that had a level 1 bell. And there are times where their gear is low grade, and again another example when i was doing my bh snakefist, met another bm with 70 gear on him (legs, axes, arms). If you feel like you are not comfortable with them, then don't squad OR (obviously) that person with under-developed gear/skills/both/ shouldn't be putting others questing at risk if they are going to put it all at risk. Yet, it is a game, people should play how they want but also take other into consideration in thier needs. It's not Perfect World MINE (PWM).

Heck, cash players are the same. All pure damage but less skilled then most....and QQ more when a none cash player out performs them b:chuckle

....OFF TOPIC, MOVING ALONG...

Sum it up, again we all play how we want but also need to take into consideration in others playing the game. You can be jealous of how fast someone is leveling, and be jealous on how much someone puts money puts into the game, angery that they are not taking the time to learn thier toon, anger that they bought something that you wanted that you have been saving up for and they got it with just putting money in the game, or blah blah blah,. ect. Don't like how someone play, keep it to yourself unless they did something that offends or causes trouble. If these players are annoying show off's with how much they put into the game well, let them dig their own graves in people not liking them or what ever people's reaction might be, just stop with the same old topic being brought up over and over and over again D';

So please, let the topic die and move on.
    =D Simple
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This thread is new and exciting.
  • eval
    eval Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    QQ, enough said
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't care if you get to 1-100 in 2 weeks. Just as long as you know wth you're doing and gear up accordingly. If you don't, then you're gonna be on my "do not squad" list indefinitely. I've run into enough 4k hp bm's in bh snakefist.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • ilonelyboy
    ilonelyboy Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    umm maybe people didnt get my point or just ignored it.
    Powerleveling make people rich !!! they charge 1M/person for each run so they earn 5M/1Hr or so. if they do that all day, they can earn 20-40M per day? how is it fair to those that can't solo FF?
    Nirvana isnt even worth it now for those people. and I am a cleric, I bet all the mage classes are suffering from that, how are we supposed to make such huge profits?
    I know a lot of people who just gave up their mage chars to make a melee aps class to earn money.
    Really like come on people now I live on pages of fate and mirages.
    I'm saying it if this continues mage classes will disappear and u'll spend hours looking for a cleric or a wiz or psy for rb/bh/TT (yea coz now pro guys can do nirvanas without a cleric just by ticking their charms and BP).
    Devs I am sure you didnt want the game to favor one class above the other do something about it please...b:sad

BTW I play on heaven's tear server don't know if it has been the case in all the servers.
    Stop the powerleveling craziness and prevent ppl under 75 from entering FF at all!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    thoughts...

@OP: you seem to be sensitive to what pple around u think, and react to it. If your running a 'business' whether its physical runs or catshopping, such feelings should be taken out the back door and put in the trash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • kansasdevil
    kansasdevil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You are an idiot >.< A lvl 54 sin can't be 5 aps...it's not possible...
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    my thoughts on power leveling.
    i have been playing for roughly 2 years now.
    i was never big on leveling, as i just played the game to have fun (weird huh? I know!)
    more recently i have been power leveling, so as i can heal out more (i'm a cleric, being higher lvl helps).
    I no the game pretty much in-side and out. So im my case, i don't see anything wrong with power leveling, i just don't like grinding, day in and day out (once again, im weird like that).

I don't like power leveling, when people who don't have a clue on how to play the game, get to high lvl, and run around acting like they no what to do more then i do, because they are simply high level. that's, when power leveling gets out of hand.

*note, I know my "join date" says 2010. but that's when i first started using the forums. I know for sure, that i have been playing longer than that.*

Sorry but wither you play 2 years or 10 years, IF you Plvl a cleric mine is 90, YOU will be fail. You simply wont have the muscle memory for the spells and the right heals at the right time. At the same time watchig your agro and watching your parties agro. There is more to a good cleric then lvl and you simply wont have the life experiance you need to play it well. You can tell yourself how experianced you are but whatever I wouldnt' squad with ya as a healer, may as well dress up in HA maybe you will make usefull bait.

I would rather have a well placed weak heal then a misplaced power heal.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You are an idiot >.< A lvl 54 sin can't be 5 aps...it's not possible...

5aps at 60 is possible.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sorry but wither you play 2 years or 10 years, IF you Plvl a cleric mine is 90, YOU will be fail. You simply wont have the muscle memory for the spells and the right heals at the right time. At the same time watchig your agro and watching your parties agro. There is more to a good cleric then lvl and you simply wont have the life experiance you need to play it well. You can tell yourself how experianced you are but whatever I wouldnt' squad with ya as a healer, may as well dress up in HA maybe you will make usefull bait.

Everyone has to have their first time in an instance, whether they've been playing for two years or two weeks. You can have all the muscle memory you want from previous instances you've done, but that won't change the fact that you still have to learn the new instance and the new encounter mechanics.

And for what it's worth, healing in this game is not hard. At all. If you think healing in this game requires months and months of training, you probably haven't been a healer in very many other online games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Everyone has to have their first time in an instance, whether they've been playing for two years or two weeks. You can have all the muscle memory you want from previous instances you've done, but that won't change the fact that you still have to learn the new instance and the new encounter mechanics.

And for what it's worth, healing in this game is not hard. At all. If you think healing in this game requires months and months of training, you probably haven't been a healer in very many other online games.

I have mules higher then you.

You have much to learn grass.hopper
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

If I never walked upright until I was 40, then started; would that make me a better walker than someone that walked from age 2? b:sad
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well you would just be a 40yo that walked like a 2yo...

Sadly many of the new plvl'ed clerics wont have any trouble walking cuz there gonna get lots of practice.<meh whom I kidding they just buy a chit pot full of res scrolls>
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options

The level of your mules has absolutely nothing to do with me or my competence as a healer. It also has nothing to do with the contents of my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I've seen lvl60 Clerics doing better job then lvl100 ones...lvl says nothing, especially nowadays.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've seen lvl60 Clerics doing better job then lvl100 ones...lvl says nothing, especially nowadays.

*Approved post*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    far as im concerned im the only person in arch server to do this... i crown myself king. i am a legend. but on to the point... whats ur thoughts on power leveling

Yes you are... you are king, legend and an awesome player...

Now go take your meds and head to bed sonny b:bye
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The level of your mules has absolutely nothing to do with me or my competence as a healer. It also has nothing to do with the contents of my post.

Did any of you bother reading the original post, I was ANTI power lvl.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Did any of you bother reading the original post, I was ANTI power lvl.

You still haven't addressed what I said. Here, I'll repeat it:
    Me wrote:

You're anti power leveling. Okay. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. That still doesn't change the fact that everyone, at some point, will be new to each instance/event/boss encounter. The rate at which the person leveled has absolutely nothing to do with how quickly the person will learn the new content. Good players (not necessarily good levelers) will ask questions beforehand, read up about it online, and come as prepared as they can with potions/food/herbs/charms as they feel necessary based on what they've read/been told.

Just because a player spent the last four months doing 69 and is really really really awesome at it doesn't mean everything will go absolutely perfect the first time they walk into 79. It's a new instance, with new things for them to get used to.
    <meh whom I kidding they just buy a chit pot full of res scrolls>
    Carrying res scrolls is a bad thing now? Last I checked it was part of the whole concept of "come prepared".

Doing new things, especially with a group of random strangers (as opposed to faction mates) can often lead to **** ups and messy situations. At least in my humble opinion, a smart healer will show up with everything they could possibly need, and that includes res scrolls. I always assume a group of random strangers will be utter fail, and plan accordingly. The end results are usually: 1. I was right, and was at least prepared enough to be able to deal with it; or 2. I was wrong, the group was a good one, and I leave the group happy at the result and still have all my items for use at a later date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Doing new things, especially with a group of random strangers (as opposed to faction mates) can often lead to **** ups and messy situations. At least in my humble opinion, a smart healer will show up with everything they could possibly need, and that includes res scrolls. I always assume a group of random strangers will be utter fail, and plan accordingly. The end results are usually: 1. I was right, and was at least prepared enough to be able to deal with it; or 2. I was wrong, the group was a good one, and I leave the group happy at the result and still have all my items for use at a later date.

Perhaps if you knew how to play yer toon by practice it you wouldn't need res scroll. You would have the skill set to keep yourself out of harms way. AND keep your misfit party alive in the process.

Aslo if cleric is Dead its good to put party in TIMEOUT while you walk back so they can think about WHY there cleric is dead.

NUFF SAID
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    One of the most ignorant and assnine things I hear come out of a clerics mouth are usually. <not all cases somtimes there is lag or whatever but.>

I'ts NOT my fault.

Clerics and Barbs use to both be the party leaders they tended to be the natural quarterback of the squad. Sadly Most are now just mindless drons who accept no responsibility for the success of there party<hint:cuz to many power lvl'ed now>
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Perhaps if you knew how to play yer toon by practice it you wouldn't need res scroll. You would have the skill set to keep yourself out of harms way. AND keep your misfit party alive in the process.

NUFF SAID

Its not possible to always keep 5 misfits alive, even if you're the most skilled cleric on the planet. When people keep doing stupid **** over and over you shouldn't even bother trying to save them either.

Keeping yourself alive is a piece of cake for clerics though and you shouldn't need a ress scroll for any instances - besides 3-3 if you have low hp. With Plume shield, 79 skills, pots, x2 Holy Path and Force Log you can survive pretty much anything pve-related b:chuckle.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Its not possible to always keep 5 misfits alive, even if you're the most skilled cleric on the planet. When people keep doing stupid **** over and over you shouldn't even bother trying to save them either.

Keeping yourself alive is a piece of cake for clerics though and you shouldn't need a ress scroll for any instances - besides 3-3 if you have low hp. With Plume shield, 79 skills, pots, x2 Holy Path and Force Log you can survive pretty much anything pve-related b:chuckle.

K I conceed the point that NOT always possible but the point of it was that i have seen many many situations where the cleric failed to save a squad because of lack of ability. that was really what i was trying to say there.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options

Aslo if cleric is Dead its good to put party in TIMEOUT while you walk back so they can think about WHY there cleric is dead.

NUFF SAID

Or, you know, I could just use the scroll to pop right back up and get back to what I was doing and finish the encounter, saving time for both myself and my party members. Why should I waste my time walking back when it isn't necessary? If the group is bad, then the sooner we finish is the sooner I can get out of there and be done with them.

People who are "misfits" are not going to spend any time in "timeout" contemplating why their cleric is dead. I can pretty much guarantee that.

As I said, if the group is good, you will leave the group with your scroll unused. It doesn't have an expiration timer, you can carry forever and ever if the need to use it never arises.

You have still completely ignored the original point I made. I will state it yet again. Here, I'll even put it in bold to make it stand out more.

Also:

Just because a player spent the last four months doing 69 and is really really really awesome at it doesn't mean everything will go absolutely perfect the first time they walk into 79. It's a new instance, with new things for them to get used to.

Everyone is new to an encounter at some point. Everyone. The speed at which the person leveled has nothing to do with how quickly a person will learn the new instance and its mechanics.

I am not talking about a cleric who has been running the same instance over and over and knows how it goes and just happens to run with a bad group. I am pointing out that one's leveling speed is not necessarily indicative of the rate at which they learn new encounters and how to deal with them. I am also pointing out that good players who are trying new things will come as prepared as they possibly can to ensure that they are able to give their very best effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ur just fighting to be fighting.. 12yo?

At what point did I ever make any mention of not having to learn each instance seperatly.
    I never disagreed with you at any point on this. so i just let it slide hoping you might go back and re-read the post and realize that I never said anything about that. I agree you have to learn every instance, and differant variable that may come your way in EACH instance. hence the reason I am anti power lvl'ing ..

Good Gawd
    Good bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i totally agree with you. what many people are trying to do here, with 'powerleveling' is turn the slow, methodical learning curve of PWI into the headlong mania you would find on a private server, which promises you to be level 150 by the end of your first day, with a bank stuffed to the gills (no offence to our TB friends^_^)

player who do this do *not* know the subtitles of how to play their class, and, when in squads, are more likely to be responsible for a party wipe than not. this is just the newest mode of rushing through the game...first it was the 'oracle babies', who leveled by getting their hands on gobs of oracles, and leveling that way. then it was with the 'hypers', who constantly used hyper stones. and they almost all have the same problem of not knowing their skills proper usage, if they even know them at all. i know a GM here who went out to talk to a player, got the player's squad member killed, but didnt have any skills at all, but thought she could just run up to a skill trainer, as a totally new player, and get res! she thought that just being a GM would grant all powers and skills, i guess.

but here we are now, with a totally new race, leveling faster than i've seen in all the time i've been here, and God help us if they get into powerleveling. i would really worry about them going into FF with skills unleveled, without enough pots/food,etc., and the whole thing leading to one party wipe after another. poor clerics, having to run back and forth from one disaster after another.

come on, guys and girls....lets not lose sight that this is a GAME, a way to relax, a way to wind down from long days at work or school. a way to spend time with our friends. if you find ways to race through the game, you would be better off going to a private server, which are set up for powerleveling, and reaching high levels in the shortest length of time. here, we like to learn our classes, and enjoy the journey, and take time to smell the flowers along the way.
    peace to all, in this time

The Good. For those of us that already have a few high-level (95+) toons, it's nice to skip over the middle stuff. We're already familiar with game-mechanics and just need to adapt to the new skills.

The Bad. People who aren't really familiar with the game mechanics, who are new to the game, or are unable to figure out new skills, or learn to properly level them before being counted on in a squad situation, **** up the game experience for those of us that do actually know how to play. Which is why there is SO much QQing about it.

By the 80's a cleric should know to purify on Clacid, Wyvern, Drake, Glutt, Nob, and Pole.
    A veno should have Amp and Lending hands and know how/when to use them.
    BM's, Sins, Psy's, Wizards, and Archers, regardless of APS or DD power should know how to fight a boss without taking aggro.

Sadly, the bad is more common than the good. Hence the QQing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've been playing for a while now... tried all chars except the human race ones.

I know that once you learn the game mechanics you level faster but I never leveled any char as fast as my Mystic...

I never powerlevelled because I truly believe that it leads to high-levelled noobs b:laugh

Example: At 92 with 13k hp I hat to tank over a lvl 96 barb ( 16k hp ) in Brimstone because he couldn't hold aggro and got squad wiped twice... that wouldn't happen if he didn't powerlevel.

Another example... I was talking to a lvl 60 cleric who didn't have purify, "because it's useless since I use IH".

Is that the way you powerlevellers want to play? Fine by me, just don't try to teach me how to play just because your level is higher or your gear is better than mine. All I have in the game I busted my a** to get.

Ranting over, ty :)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some people take years to learn how to play a cleric and still suck, that doesn't mean we're all as slow in the head. -Sorry for being blunt, but that's how it is. I"m not the quickest learner, just saying we don't all have the same needs.

I learned a lot as a wiz watching various people play veno, and learned as much as veno watching Clerics. This way I've learned much more than I could by being the only class of my kind typically in squads. Seriously back in the day people thought 2 clerics were needed for 69, and often 2 still fail.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
This discussion has been closed.