[Server Issues] 3-26-2011

Comments

• Jenabug - Raging Tide
    Jenabug - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    98 bottles of rum on the wall, 98 bottles of rum... take one down, chug it down, 97 bottles of rum on the wall. HICCUP

96 bottles of rum on the wall, 96 bottles of rum on the wall, take one down, chug it down, 95 bottles of rum on the wall
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    uses Type C fire extinguisher on the poor Arch-Bot and puts ear plugs in my ears to drown out the profanity.. wait.. that is not profanity.. OMGS!!!!!!!!

can it be? say it ain't so.... but yes... Arch-Bot is speaking Wraithenese!!!!!!!!

probly got orange cheeto grease all over the main fa...er i mean shift lever too
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    At least we had our tw today after it calmed down some. But to bad Russians got stuck in the tw and couldn't get out. b:sad
  • Weta - Dreamweaver
    Weta - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have been trying to log on for the last hour now, when i finally do get on i get kicked in 20 secs its been a real pain lately b:angry
  • _Mystii_ - Dreamweaver
    _Mystii_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol..

see what happens when you mess w/a woman on a mission? i was going for 55 by monday, but nooooo....soz arch-bot2. :( we will miss you, but dang it.. send someone to put those wraiths in their place, i know.. send arch-bot3.. he looks like a real tough cookie and can handle those wraiths easily.
  • summonella
    summonella Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its not your servers, it's your network.

Heres a picture of your network from 5 minutes ago...

Your Gateway Router

If you note the IP address of the picture, your network guy should be able to ID the router and fix the problem. The router is either at 100% CPU, 100% memory, or it might just need a reboot to clear out old hung memory....or it might just be time to consider that upgrade ;)

This IP is the gateway router apparently for dreamweaver and harshlands, probably why both go down at the same time. This is all the info I can get from the outside of your network, but your network tech doesnt have limitations, so he should get to the bottom of it pretty quick.

Good luck.
  • HowsMyDrivin - Raging Tide
    HowsMyDrivin - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    See this is the point where I crash on my friend's living room floor, wake up the next morning not knowing what happened the night before.
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    *Goes for some tea* Brb. b:thanks
  • _Mystii_ - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    *Goes for some tea* Brb. b:thanks

wonders if is codeword for beer or rum. hmmmmb:chuckle
  • summonella
    edited March 2011
    BTW, its also why its not affecting everyone, just people that use that route to the servers due to which ISP they are using.

So some people are Im sure playing fine right now, and wondering what all the fuss is about.
  • Archiron - Dreamweaver
    Archiron - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Greetings, this is archiron's unphony news service. We have taken a possible step at stopping the wraiths. We sent Soldier Arch-bot 3.0 to the wraiths. Unfortunately, we received the shattered remnants of his CPU unit 30 minutes later. Plans are in the works to stop them.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    summonella wrote: »

Your Gateway Router

If you note the IP address of the picture, your network guy should be able to ID the router and fix the problem. The router is either at 100% CPU, 100% memory, or it might just need a reboot to clear out old hung memory....or it might just be time to consider that upgrade ;)

This IP is the gateway router apparently for dreamweaver and harshlands, probably why both go down at the same time. This is all the info I can get from the outside of your network, but your network tech doesnt have limitations, so he should get to the bottom of it pretty quick.

Good luck.

file a ticket IMO. they arent going to see this here in the QQ garbage thread. but we know there are expert geeks who play this game so why not let the community at least feed ideas for fighting the war.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have been trying to log on for the last hour now, when i finally do get on i get kicked in 20 secs its been a real pain lately b:angry

Wait.................

u spent an hour sitting in front or your comp pressing the log in button?

facepalm
  • Archiron - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    BTW, its also why its not affecting everyone, just people that use that route to the servers due to which ISP they are using.

So some people are Im sure playing fine right now, and wondering what all the fuss is about.

Yes, thats why 3+ days ago, EVERYONE was running fine and all the sudden, 75%+ are having issues. Yes, it is CLEARLY their setup.
  • _Mystii_ - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    have fun all.. gonna log for nite.

thnx arch for the laughs. :D c u in game ..... SOMEDAY, when the war on our servers is over.

WE SHALL OVERCOME, SOMEDAY.

ty jena for the brownie, was just what i needed. took care of my sweet craving.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    99 bottles of rum on the wall, 99 bottles of rum, take one down, chug it down, 98 bottles of rum on the wall. b:pleased

Weren't you on 70 something bottles. b:chuckle
    //Sings along. xD
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011

thnx arch for the laughs. :D c u in game ..... SOMEDAY, when the war on our servers is over.

g'nite hun *drinks rum..err tea*
  • Archiron - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011

Night Queen. Glad I could entertain :D. Suppose Ill go play (another popular MMO here) for the rest of the night. BAI
  • summonella
    edited March 2011
    file a ticket IMO. they arent going to see this here in the QQ garbage thread. but we know there are expert geeks who play this game so why not let the community at least feed ideas for fighting the war.

I have tried to contact a GM or any admin for days now with no luck. its crazy, grrr....
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Mother nature is having a rage fest! O:
    Everyone is sitting on there asses in the house and not going outside to see the nature, so shes DDoSing every popular program/game/etc.

Go outside and kiss a tree! xD
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Weren't you on 70 something bottles. b:chuckle
    //Sings along. xD

yup but started over i wanted some rum XD

65 bottles of beer on the wall 97 bottles of rum on the wall take two down, chug them down, 64 bottles of beer on the wall 96 bottles of rum on the wall...*feelin good* XD
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    yup but started over i wanted some rum XD

65 bottles of beer on the wall 97 bottles of rum on the wall take two down, chug them down, 64 bottles of beer on the wall 96 bottles of rum on the wall...*feelin good* XD

Rofl at your counting skills. O: I think you hadd too much of that beer/rum. xD
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *Passes the brownies* careful they are double fudge b:dirty

YAYb:thanksb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Your Gateway Router

Good luck.

So you're saying that theres no hackers?............... no DoS attacks...........?

rofl i wouldn't be surprised one bit if ur right and PWI don't want to tell us its their fault, instead blaming it on hackers.

Or are you saying there are DoS attacks they're just somehow not attacking the server, but the network?

idk but i have a feeling that it is DoS attacks considering FW have had the same problem and so have other websites/companies recently
  • Pig - Raging Tide
    Pig - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    seems like this will never stop >.>
    if this doesn't stop i better go search for a new mmo
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have been in game for the past 20min but Arch is soo funny I'm not interested in playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Rofl at your counting skills. O: I think you hadd too much of that beer/rum. xD

Lies I'm just starting XD
  • Archiron - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I have been in game for the past 20min but Arch is soo funny I'm not interested in playing.

Well im not activly talking here for the rest of night, I might pop in and say on hai RT tho /sneakylook
  • summonella
    edited March 2011
    So you're saying that theres no hackers?............... no DoS attacks...........?

rofl i wouldn't be surprised one bit if ur right and PWI don't want to tell us its their fault, instead blaming it on hackers.

Or are you saying there are DoS attacks they're just somehow not attacking the server, but the network?

idk but i have a feeling that it is DoS attacks considering FW have had the same problem and so have other websites/companies recently

TBH, it could very well be dos attacks, but they wont know until they dig in at the router with the issue. If it is dos attacks, then that router is doing its job, because the dos stops there...but if the router is overloaded, then things dont pass through it very well. The router should be powerful enough to handle thousands of "normal" simultanious pings, what they should be looking for is something with malformed packets.
  • _Kiyomi_ - Raging Tide
    _Kiyomi_ - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok so this is just awesome... yesterday while playing the game i opened my stash for level 80 got my christmas tome and then my stash box disappeared. I went ahead and got another stash thinking that maybe i dropped it on accident and nope..... opened it all the way to level 80 again and it disappeared AGAIN.

then today i log into the game, i had 2 lovebird dresses, one red one green along with the sleeves and they're both gone :P

QQ
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy by Bellefleurs <3 Ty dear I love it!