[Server Issues] 3-24-11

Comments

• mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    your password is most vulnerable when you are changing it

i <3 how the load screen says do it often
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually not only did the majority of people get dced, personally I find that I can not relog back into the game and this is after several attempts to do so.

Now, I am not gonna bad mouth the GM or the powers that be but I would suggest that the cure actually work before it is broadcast that it would. I also understand that the server/servers are under "attack". Why not then just shut them down temporarily till the cure is found or at least can be managed effectively. Yes, people will QQ over this comment but they will QQ anyway.

I also make another suggest, (for those that like to QQ over everything feel free to start now), why not create a special shop instance to free up a good majority of the lag in West Arch. There are instances for everything else just make one for the shops are at least designate an area where they can all amass and sell till they cant sell anymore or we are too broke to buy. I find it rather difficult to travel through town when if the ping is bad I move like a snail. It should not take 5 minutes to flap my wings to go from mailbox to merchant.

you do know what a DoS (or ddos, or PDoS) attack is right? When they posted the servers were stable agian.... guess what. THEY WERE..... how'd frankie know these no life pricks would keep doing this the next day. and the next day...... btw the only real cure is to trace their *** and throw em in jail (since DoS attacks are a federal computer crime). Ya there's protections that can stop some types of attacks..... who knows what PWI has or what KIND of attack this is.

and you DO realize what TYPE of lag we have in arch right? moving the 5000 cat shops to a different "zone" isnt' going to remove the lag from hell (on a old pc... i barely lag even in west arch) around cat shops...... d'oh How good your pc is helps in that... but it's mostly the servers tryign to send so much info at once it just slows down. Even my friend's newly built pc with 16 gigs of ram gets lags "burps" in west arch.

By the way (from the response to my last post like 3 pages ago) I know the person doing this might not even BE in the US (if they're not the FBI can't really do a thing, THAT country has to)... but most countries have laws against this kinda ****. Anyway that's not the point. This isnt' going to stop until the person(s) doing it are tracked down, PWI figures out a way to block it, or these people get bored and stop doing this....... should hold off on 2X till we can actually PLAY. b:surrender
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mogwai wrote: »
    your password is most vulnerable when you are changing it

i <3 how the load screen says do it often

Well idk much about security ... it was just a comment not a recommendation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    should hold off on 2X till we can actually PLAY. b:surrender

Good idea as right now im just in catshop and dont dare much do anything b:surrender
  • Articwiz - Heavens Tear
    Articwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just had another Dcing episode with my computer as well as my girlfriends computer. She tried to relog but went through the time-out process.

I will post more if it continues,

Maybe add a free plat charm NPC for players dcing so much for a reward lol.... I know wishful thinking....

The idea of removing the exp loss from death is an excellent idea!!! My g/f has been dying in heaven trying to grind and would like to save what exp she has. She is lvl 100 and would like to get to 101 someday. The exp at 100+ is so hard to get, why not remove the exp penalty plsssss.....
  • stevens2010
    stevens2010 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I believe it is time to change ISP's from godaddy to a reliable ISP. You get what you pay for and PWI is not getting it. Takes like a few minutes to get new registar.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ever heard of PWI roulette? we all get in squad and start dropin nd pickign 10 mil bank notes untill someone get dc b:laugh

jk
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I believe it is time to change ISP's from godaddy to a reliable ISP. You get what you pay for and PWI is not getting it. Takes like a few minutes to get new registar.

you dont' even have a clue what's going on do you? lmao ISP....... go google DoS attacks
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    The idea of removing the exp loss from death is an excellent idea!!!

I do feel you. But it won't happen..Would mess economy even more. Guardian scrolls would sell less. Maybe even hypers cause people would become more reckless and woudnt care less dying or not. And what about all the QQing the would come from clerics with sage/demon rez becoming obsolete, since they could now leave it to lvl 1...
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ever heard of PWI roulette? we all get in squad and start dropin nd pickign 10 mil bank notes untill someone get dc b:laugh

jk

lol /10 Char
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Clerics wouldn't cry about that. If that were the case, they already had leaved the rez at level 1 since the beginning.
    [insert sig here]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    try reading comprehension..... the clerics that spent 10 mil + or w/e on demon / sage revive would cry about there being no POINT to rez anymore.... cept just getting back up right there... d'oh
  • minerva420
    minerva420 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I still have to wait several minutes to log in,, saying its fixed isn't nice. Its clearly still not fixed. So any word on that 2x?

edit update 11:04 in fact,, its been almost 10 minutes and its still "Logging into the game, please wait"

I dont think it was a DDOS attack,, thats just pwi trying to be trendy. :P

Edit update,, wheres our post about 2x this weekend? can we get that post back pls?
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    lol if u spend 10 mil on rez it's because you don'T wana wait and do cube 30 times to get it free.

Personaly you can cry I'm not going to go 1/2 way across the map to rez any one. Lv 11 or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Articwiz - Heavens Tear
    Articwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am meaning removing the exp loss from death until they have solved the problem with dcing from the attacks. So the removing of exp loss would only be for as long as it takes to correct it.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    lol if u spend 10 mil on rez it's because you don'T wana wait and do cube 30 times to get it free.

Personaly you can cry I'm not going to go 1/2 way across the map to rez any one. Lv 11 or not

do I LOOK like a cleric? and no i dont' have a cleric alt either. Why u responding to my post as i'f I'm the one whining about it? I'm pointing out what the hell the other guy meant, that the person I replied to didnt' get *woosh........*
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Oh so you never have to use do-alls, any dice tickets, pay for any fee rooms or anything? I want what cube you're doing.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    do I LOOK like a cleric? and no i dont' have a cleric alt either. Why u responding to my post as i'f I'm the one whining about it? I'm pointing out what the hell the other guy meant, that the person I replied to didnt' get *woosh........*

Btw, point at me all u want, i don't have a high lvl cleric, I sympatise for those who do b:bye
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I think you took him out of context.

And to remark on your post.

1. Cube isnt free

30 days of cube at roughly 300k a day = about 9m (thats + or - depending on day/rooms/do-alls)

and thats to get a random book that may not necessarily be rez :)

2. I made a cleric to support... if they want to wait for me to fly there... so be it.
  • azurluen
    edited March 2011
    Reading comprehension? Use that too.

That was my point. Maybe it would be bad a year + ago. But now, the diference between rez 10 and 11 it's not that bad with all this power leveling thing. Not saying that it's nothing, but it's less than before.
    [insert sig here]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Yeah I get the exp lost suck, I to suffer from it. Has for cube cost, well if you kill a few mob every day it's not that costly. Sometimes it does other time it does not. Today cost me 4 do-all and 30 dice. So what, dice sell for 250 coins, and Do-all are free from DQ. Has for the 100k well 1 hours grind is enough to cover it. Sort it out ... I can do it so can any one else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think you took him out of context.

And to remark on your post.

1. Cube isnt free

30 days of cube at roughly 300k a day = about 9m (thats + or - depending on day/rooms/do-alls)

and thats to get a random book that may not necessarily be rez :)

2. I made a cleric to support... if they want to wait for me to fly there... so be it.

I don't know wtf you do, but Cube always, ALWAYS makes you money. The 100k rooms that gets you a golden box or platinum box, both can be sold for 120-150k and 200-300k respectively. Dice tickets are 400 each, unless DW is behind by a year and they're still 10k on there. I don't even bother with do-alls anymore with how cheap tickets are. So yeah, not sure what you're on but Cube won't cost you money unless you're a complete idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't know wtf you do, but Cube always, ALWAYS makes you money. The 100k rooms that gets you a golden box or platinum box, both can be sold for 120-150k and 200-300k respectively. Dice tickets are 400 each, unless DW is behind by a year and they're still 10k on there. I don't even bother with do-alls anymore with how cheap tickets are. So yeah, not sure what you're on but Cube won't cost you money unless you're a complete idiot.

I lol at this.

Cube doesnt always make you money

Lol.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    you all are missing the damn point. Especially azurluen rofl..... If they did away with Exp loss..... all the clerics that BOUGHT DEMON or SAGE revive would complain cause they could've jsut left it at freakign lvl one! that damn simple. And That's not even what the guy meant..... read below maybe you'll get it.
    I am meaning removing the exp loss from death until they have solved the problem with dcing from the attacks. So the removing of exp loss would only be for as long as it takes to correct it.

I was gonna say something here but just had a brain ****..... b:laugh

O ya.... can we get back to the point of this thread? Just post when the attacks start up again so they know. Might help them trace the culprit.... or w/e they're doing.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    True, like I said I got the point for exp lost. But it's nothing a frost run can't cure. Any way I hope they solve this. And that we can get back to playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Frankie give us an update, even if it's "I'm looking into it." >_>
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • azurluen
    edited March 2011
    No, you are the one who doesn't get it. The exp loss it's not that bad with some FC runs. Yeah, time and that, but not that bad like before.

And also, no exp loss it's not the only reason for sage/demon skills. I'm getting it because the -channel will actually help myself in difficult situations. [also helps those light armored agro stealers]

The 0 exp loss doesn't [not my self at least]. Only if there is other cleric.

That's why I stated that Clerics wouldn't compleain. Or at least shouldn't. You spent on it because you already had your other important skills. The 0 exp only benefits that much others. Still, for any particular reason, you got it.

Why would you complain for getting it' If the only reason was because the others didn't wanted to loss exp, and then the exp loss is removed, and your skill is useless now... Well, cry then.
    [insert sig here]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    People, stop derailing this thread with your nonsense that is not related to the DDoS attacks.

Frankie, we all would appreciate it if you, or other GM's, or even a Tech Support could hop on, update the 1st post on this thread, and an explanation about what is being done to stop these attacks. This is severely affecting people's game play, and I wonder if we will just stop logging on....

I know your probably all busy at HQ, but dont forget to keep your players, the ones who pay for everything, updated.....please.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • IIEYTIRI - Archosaur
    IIEYTIRI - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well Harshlands is down again, Havent been able to log on for like 20 minuites now.

JEEZ!!!! GOT A BUNCH OF PU$$IES OUT THERE!!!! have you guys ever thought of "hey the servers are down, maybe this is the way how the mods/techies/gm's fix the damn thing, because if players are online, they slow us down on fixing the problem" NO!!!! BUT, INSTEAD "HEY I'M PISSED OFF, HEY THIS IS IRRITATING, HEY WE'RE PAYING YOU, HEY I GOT MY HYMEN WHACKED BY THOSE HOBOS OUTSIDE" Cry babies..... Bird brained players.... Then what are you guys going to do when problem is fixed? Back to old life. Never gonna thank the one who fixed the problem. They got nothing from you!!! After they tried their best, after the harsh words you guys said, after all the pressure you gave them..... nothing.... very very imature......
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    JEEZ!!!! GOT A BUNCH OF PU$$IES OUT THERE!!!! have you guys ever thought of "hey the servers are down, maybe this is the way how the mods/techies/gm's fix the damn thing, because if players are online, they slow us down on fixing the problem" NO!!!! BUT, INSTEAD "HEY I'M PISSED OFF, HEY THIS IS IRRITATING, HEY WE'RE PAYING YOU, HEY I GOT MY HYMEN WHACKED BY THOSE HOBOS OUTSIDE" Cry babies..... Bird brained players.... Then what are you guys going to do when problem is fixed? Back to old life. Never gonna thank the one who fixed the problem. They got nothing from you!!! After they tried their best, after the harsh words you guys said, after all the pressure you gave them..... nothing.... very very imature......

your single post alone was enough immaturity to last this entire thread. Calling people names, raging on the internet, typing in all caps. What are you, 7 years old? If so, that explains it.

Stop flaming people. This thread is to update frankie on what we are experiencing, and for the PWE staff to inform us, their playerbase, of what they are doing to rectify this situation.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
This discussion has been closed.