[Server Issues] 3-24-11

Options

Comments

• Nine_strikes - Dreamweaver
    Nine_strikes - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its not the gms fault so dont get all hateful to the gm's. the techs are working on it. when has pwi failed us all before? never. so why dont we get up outa the computer chair and do something else for a bit and let them work on it. frankie keep up the good work. ur no unappreciated by me or my faction. have a great day all.b:victory
  • Eleonor - Harshlands
    Eleonor - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    can any1 in harshland server can login ?
  • Argent - Harshlands
    Argent - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nope.... I still cannot sign in :'(
  • PIague - Dreamweaver
    PIague - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lost a ton of exp so far + was doing a hyper and Esoterica. b:irritated

Just shut the serverdown, do what you need to do to fix it, the give everyone the X2 drop and exp for a week.

ppftt give it for 2 weeks till nxt update, yea >_>
  • EagleBlade_ - Harshlands
    EagleBlade_ - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    can any1 in harshland server can login ?

no...its of b:cry
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Did some reserch, this don't look too great :

To reduce their chances of being discovered, intruders distribute their attack across computers in different time zones, different legal jurisdictions, and with different systems administrators. Intruders also make the electronic traffic they create appear to be from a computer different from the one that actually created it. This is called IP spoofing, and it is a commonly used method to disguise where an attack is really coming from. If the source of the attack is unknown, it is difficult to stop it, giving intruders free reign with a high likelihood of successfully remaining anonymous.

Source : http://www.cert.org/homeusers/ddos.html

b:shocked

If the people doing it are reallythese people, i highly doubt they have the brains to actually do all of that. Especially since DDoSing is very easy to do in the first place. But since it's against the law, FBI will probably be called in and it will be found out who did this eventually, and they will be put in jail for a good 5 or more years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • XNOOB - Dreamweaver
    XNOOB - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    correct
    [SIGPIC]Dreamwever:XNOOB bm 105
    Floriin_ archer 100[/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This kind os attacks happen when the security is low.

These isn't about security . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've been checking the FW Forums and It seems they have a Beef with the FW Admins. According to the "Team" that is responsible for such attacks until a Admin Contacts them They are going to keep all east Coast Servers down. They Claim to be Romanians Thats as far as I can read in the forums from them
  • Ekala - Dreamweaver
    Ekala - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hm.. Kritty's comment on it.
    "In reality, large ones can affect even Google. The only thing they can really do is hope that one of similar strength doesn't happen again."

I honestly don't have a clue about DDoS, or computer in general, and I don't know if there is a way to fix it.. But I was texting kritty for a bit and since he knows more about computers I take his word for it. b:surrender

I'm sure Kritty is right about something similar coming up. I'm sure someone is cooking up something identical to this problem just a tad worse. It's just how it is.

And for those who don't know what DDoS is here's a link explaining what it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
  • AlanahHelms - Raging Tide
    AlanahHelms - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Did some reserch, this don't look too great :

To reduce their chances of being discovered, intruders distribute their attack across computers in different time zones, different legal jurisdictions, and with different systems administrators. Intruders also make the electronic traffic they create appear to be from a computer different from the one that actually created it. This is called IP spoofing, and it is a commonly used method to disguise where an attack is really coming from. If the source of the attack is unknown, it is difficult to stop it, giving intruders free reign with a high likelihood of successfully remaining anonymous.

Source : http://www.cert.org/homeusers/ddos.html

b:shocked
    Well, here's hoping that the guy doing it is an idiot.

In other news, I can't connect to the Ether Saga east coast server either. Is it just PW games in general?
  • Medeus - Raging Tide
    Medeus - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Only thing I wonder at this point: What makes people irrate enough to risk prison time over a video game....

Heh... who said it was irritation? Some people might do it just out of boredom.

My bet is its some 46 year old fat slob living in his parents basement, getting a ***** right now cause we can't log on.
  • INexperience - Raging Tide
    INexperience - Raging Tide Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You guys do know how easy it is to "try" to DDoS someone right?

Any 12 year old kid with access to Google and has a few friends can DDoS a server.

Frankie, If I were you I wouldn't give any compensation for the downtime. Ever since you announced 2x drops for the 20minutes of downtime yesterday it has been worse and worse.
    The people obviously still play the game and are just trying to get something out of it.

If you give in it will only make it worse. "We Don't Negotiate with Terrorists" - George Washington

Your a wizard.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

In other news, I can't connect to the Ether Saga east coast server either. Is it just PW games in general?

Every pwe games server . .
    b:pleased
    So . . BoI, FW, PW, Hotk, Ether. . .etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • miumai
    miumai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OH NOES! LOOK OUT! The people of perfect world are having perfect world WITHDRAWL! RUNS for you LIVES! b:chuckleb:surrender
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm sure Kritty is right about something similar coming up. I'm sure someone is cooking up something identical to this problem just a tad worse. It's just how it is.

And for those who don't know what DDoS is here's a link explaining what it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Hm... maybe Kritty and you are plotting to take down all PWE games, then? =O

jk, kritty doesn't even have a computer to do it on atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sixx - Dreamweaver
    Sixx - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've been checking the FW Forums and It seems they have a Beef with the FW Admins. According to the "Team" that is responsible for such attacks until a Admin Contacts them They are going to keep all east Coast Servers down. They Claim to be Romanians Thats as far as I can read in the forums from them

Thanks for the summary update.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, here's hoping that the guy doing it is an idiot.

It's every game and every server.... That has been stated so many times it's not even funny. This attack doesn't involved our game GMs finding out who it is, and this doesn't really involve PWE as they do not control their servers, their ISP (host) does. So here's to the ISP finding out what's going on and dealing with it. b:surrender
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    miumai wrote: »
    OH NOES! LOOK OUT! The people of perfect world are having perfect world WITHDRAWL! RUNS for you LIVES! b:chuckleb:surrender

I'm kind of shocked how disappointed i am that I can't play my mystic, but atleast this gives me time to watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and do some much needed cleaning on my house b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miumai
    miumai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm kind of shocked how disappointed i am that I can't play my mystic, but atleast this gives me time to watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and do some much needed cleaning on my house b:pleased

Love it when people look on the positive side ;) I'm gonna do laundry, and then go for a walk :)
  • Ekala - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hm... maybe Kritty and you are plotting to take down all PWE games, then? =O

jk, kritty doesn't even have a computer to do it on atm

>:( I R HAZ U NAO! Lol, j/k. I wouldn't even dream about doing something like this. It's just silly. b:chuckle
  • Kings_tides - Raging Tide
    Kings_tides - Raging Tide Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    was doing cube last night. funny, i didnt know that the lag wasnt just me... now i cant get in either b:sad
  • _OMNA_ - Dreamweaver
    _OMNA_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:surrender
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i wanted to lvl today for 99 QQ b:cry
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hey PWI And GMs expecially Frankie

TY for your had work i hope u get this figured out Im sure none of you have gotten any sleep since any of this has started.

BTW Frankie one of our best GM's and ur internship Keep up the good work.
  • PIague - Dreamweaver
    PIague - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If the people doing it are reallythese people, i highly doubt they have the brains to actually do all of that. Especially since DDoSing is very easy to do in the first place. But since it's against the law, FBI will probably be called in and it will be found out who did this eventually, and they will be put in jail for a good 5 or more years.

different legal jurisdictions.
    wouldnt that mean its not exactly illegal in some of the possible regions the attacks could be coming from? o3o

And to think, they are probably reading these forums and laiughing thier asses off.
    But seriously, Why would they be doing this?
    Possibly pissed about the new expansion?
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i guess i must go outside.....b:shocked what is this bright light.....the "SUN' you say how long have i've been playing :O
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh well...I'll go party for the next 12 hours, hope they fix the servers before the weekend starts.
    BTW, remember that the staff works at Pacific time, soooo...they're just gonna start working...somewhere around now...don't rage at them when they're not around yet, lol.

Off to have some fun and enjoy the spring sun <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
    edited March 2011
    Options
    miumai wrote: »
    different legal jurisdictions.
    wouldnt that mean its not exactly illegal in some of the possible regions the attacks could be coming from? o3o

Well the PWI servers are in the USA, and since they are one of the games being attacked, I would assume no matter where the DDoSers are, they will be held under the US (UK too since it's illegal there) laws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ekala - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't think they're doing it because they're pissed off about the new expansion. I think they're doing it out of pure pleasure and boredom. It's what people do and eventually they'll get what's coming to them.
This discussion has been closed.