[Server Issues] 3-24-11

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Hey everyone, we've been having some server issues across all games since around midnight last night, and we're looking into them now. I'll be passing along updates as I get them.

Also, looking at it right now, all PWI servers are up, but let me know if you're still getting disconnected as of right now.

Thanks.

Update 10:25 AM: It's been confirmed that there have been more ddos attacks this morning, which have been causing the server problems. We're working on it now and I'll continue pass along updates.

Update 3:37 PM: Hey everyone, so the the news is that the servers are now stabilized, and we've hopefully been through the worst of it, so feel free to hop in and enjoy your time once more :)
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Go frankie go! b:victory (And the team behind the scenes of course)

There was a major lag spike several minutes ago, which also disconnected about half the player base on DW.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, few minutes ago there was a mass dc on Harshlands aswell.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Go frankie go! b:victory (And the team behind the scenes of course)

There was a major lag spike several minutes ago, which also disconnected about half the player base on DW.

All right, thanks for the report, and don't worry, we're pushing it to the limit.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    frankie, from what I can see, it isnt an issue about the servers being 'down'. Its an issue that packets of information are flooding PWE servers, preventing players from logging on, as well as flooding the servers so badly, it times out, kicks people, lags others.

Every time I dc'd the past 2 days on arch, I would check the server list. I would see the servers switch on/off/on/off/on in seconds, and others (such as arch) remain on, but very unstable. It is not directed towards a specific region, or country, but rather, the boots are random, and extremely frequent.

I think we would all appreciate it if the Techies at PWE would hop on here, and inform us all of what is being done regarding these recent attacks against PWE's servers.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Itachikun - Lost City
    Itachikun - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You should have seen the Lost City server last night. Like right once the bosses spawned in COA half the server dced and luckily I lived, until I had almost 100 orbs and then dced myself! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow, this is pretty interesting. The Perfect World is under attack, in real life! b:sad

To Frankie and the team working on this, good luck! It's up to you to save the Perfect World! I wonder who it is; maybe a ragequitter, someone who just wants to mess around, or even a rival company?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Game just froze, not sure about what happened there though. I was on fine them all of a sudden i couldn't talk, talk to npc, use any skills and ended up force logging.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow, this is pretty interesting. The Perfect World is under attack, in real life! b:sad

To Frankie and the team working on this, good luck! It's up to you to save the Perfect World! I wonder who it is; maybe a ragequitter, someone who just wants to mess around, or even a rival company?

Or maybe one of the Fake PW servers trying to mess about with the real game. b:angry
    Gosh dang it.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You guys do know how easy it is to "try" to DDoS someone right?

Any 12 year old kid with access to Google and has a few friends can DDoS a server.

Frankie, If I were you I wouldn't give any compensation for the downtime. Ever since you announced 2x drops for the 20minutes of downtime yesterday it has been worse and worse.
    The people obviously still play the game and are just trying to get something out of it.

If you give in it will only make it worse. "We Don't Negotiate with Terrorists" - George Washington
  • sp11
    sp11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is sanctuary server down? I can't seem to log in. I've restarted my computer and internet connection, but still unable to log in.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think it's the wraiths. After half a dozen failed assaults on Archosaur they have found a far more dangerous and effective method of attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think it's the wraiths. After half a dozen failed assaults on Archosaur they have found a far more dangerous and effective method of attack.

ahahaha! i went through the hassle of logging in just to upvote this post!

WAIT THIS AINT REDDIT FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • princeraider
    princeraider Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've just tried to log into the Lost City server a few times and I get timed out. Guess we are still having problems with the attack.

Hope you guys get it sorted and whoever it is that is behind the DDOS attack get punished.

EDIT - I tried again just after I'd posted and it let me in. Fingers crossed
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Let's Just hand Duke over to them. Everyone hate him anyways. Let them kill him and we will all party in celebration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You guys do know how easy it is to "try" to DDoS someone right?

Any 12 year old kid with access to Google and has a few friends can DDoS a server.

Frankie, If I were you I wouldn't give any compensation for the downtime. Ever since you announced 2x drops for the 20minutes of downtime yesterday it has been worse and worse.
    The people obviously still play the game and are just trying to get something out of it.

If you give in it will only make it worse. "We Don't Negotiate with Terrorists" - George Washington

Really? Thats your logic?

When people DDoS, they do it maliciously, out of anger, or out of boredom. And they dont do it for just a few hours, they do it for days, weeks.

BTW, I just got kicked from Arch again....barely got 1 full hour of gametime in.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Well logged on RT according to people in my guild they haven't d/ced in some time. So idk. b:surrender
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mass dc on sanct just a few mins ago XDD
  • Wintermystic - Lost City
    Wintermystic - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I had several problems as well today. Got disconnected very often and now I can't log in anymore.

I agree with Rhyme.... It's better not to tell about compensations, cause I also think someone is doing it on purpose.

Wel good luck with fixing this :)

Btw, I'm on the Lost City server
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    HT had a small d/c issue just now, ppl are able to log back on though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so many dced on lost city same thing happened last nightb:cry
  • Paikea_ - Archosaur
    Paikea_ - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mass dc on archosaur a few minutes ago as well. seems like ppl are able to log back though.
    main:
    Paikea_ 10x demon archer

alts:
    Hydrophilic 10x demon sin
    Paiikea 9x demon cleric
    Esete 9x sage veno
  • Cyrsandra - Heavens Tear
    Cyrsandra - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i was getting dced last night and as well as of today and cant log in it takes 30 minutes to log back in last night and today it just wont let me log back in on HT
  • Moroulini - Archosaur
    Moroulini - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the info Frankie. We love this game and we support staffs efforts to fix the issues. Best game ever!!!! b:kiss
    b:flower SEIZE THE DAY b:flower
  • Manhore - Lost City
    Manhore - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2pm eastern time, west coast servers are still causing people to dc...i have been very fortunate of not dcing AT ALL since last night...i guess i can consider myself lucky...

but its a good thing for me as i can keep my shop up...

all in all...people are still dcing at LC....watch the world chat QQ and rage fall down from the skies
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    WhipThis - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How about postponing 2x until the servers are stable and we can actually enjoy it. I think there will be a lot more rage from people DCing in instances if you have 2x running. Just a suggestionb:bye
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Multiple players still unable to connect to Sanctuary forums. Those still logged in seem to be fine... but if you get dc'd it seems you won't be able to get back on @_@
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    How about postponing 2x until the servers are stable and we can actually enjoy it. I think there will be a lot more rage from people DCing in instances if you have 2x running. Just a suggestionb:bye

Id have to agree with that, at least until things are up and running with out constant server d/cing.
  • VTheNova - Archosaur
    VTheNova - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    THIS IS THE REAL ASSAULT ON ARCHOSAUR EVENT!!! b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    WhipThis - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    West coast servers are all downb:surrender
  • MrsBowsama - Heavens Tear
    MrsBowsama - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cant connect and it says archosaur and heavens tear are unavailable to connect too
This discussion has been closed.