cherrica Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Still getting dc's
  • Valtrex - Dreamweaver
    Valtrex - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    omg u guys are so inconciderate they are probally bussy trying to get the servers back up and going i bet anything they will reply after the server is up. Im sure they know the servers are down why talk trash on them.

Because it is something to do since we cannot play
  • Medeus - Raging Tide
    Medeus - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    they should put packs on sale again

Totally, cause the powah of moneh > all. Moneh Powah will compel this person doing the attacks, and viola. Problem solved.

I vote 1 silver Packs. *raises hand*
  • Valtrex - Dreamweaver
    Valtrex - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    anyone noticed that this started 2 happen after the expansion not before it ? :P

yep.....
  • EagleBlade_ - Harshlands
    EagleBlade_ - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    2012 is upon PW b:faint b:irritated!!! waht are we going to do now?
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It seems the DDoS Attackers are Keeping the attack active maybe the devs are trying to figure away to stop them. The 3 responsible for the attacks (( or say they are)) are actively talking in the FW Forums. Trying to get a GM to Pm them for what ever reason
  • Cavorex - Raging Tide
    Cavorex - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why talk trash???? seriously lol why even ask that question lmfao. when people have game issues for 3 days and it's the same damn thing and nothing gets fixed. DOn't preach to us about them working hard to fix it cuz tomorrow morning things will be the same as they are today.... again
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    omg u guys are so inconciderate they are probally bussy trying to get the servers back up and going i bet anything they will reply after the server is up. Im sure they know the servers are down why talk trash on them.

You talking about being inconsiderate made me b:laugh
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Uttara - Harshlands
    Uttara - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah for the past 2 days were doing fc and right before the exp room this happend twice exactly the same it was bs!!! b:angry
  • Sixx - Dreamweaver
    Sixx - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    some of us aren't trashing the GMs/Mods who are probably working very hard and stressing out over the Magnitude of this ongoing problem. It's just frustrating that despite their best efforts, this person who is responsible for the attack is still at large causing massive game problems. Nobody is perfect right?
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    anyone noticed that this started 2 happen after the expansion not before it ? :P

The brilliance of harshlands shines through.
    ....too bad our server is down, we could celebrate.

I am PISSED. My psychic IS JUST ABOUT TO HIT 85.
    And what happens AFTER I pay for wines, AFTER I find FC squad, and AFTER I get into instance?

....All the east servers go splat. b:angry
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What the hell is the point of you guys telling us you are dcing...
    We all KNOW we're dcing, it's been going on for 3 days now.
    No need to keep repeating what's happening.
    And there's no point in submitting tickets... all of the GMs know about it already. b:sweat

Only thing I'm going to miss is the bear smilies on my mystic. Only had an hour left on them and I wanted to get every last use out of them. But now they are gone. Bye bye bearsies b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Ekala - Dreamweaver
    Ekala - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This has been going on for a few days now, but I have noticed that since the new patch has came out that I've been having a lot of problems. I get spikes of lag that are uncalled for especially in instances. Then right after my spike of lag my client just dies. It completely closes out. So idk if that has to do with the new patch or what. I know it's getting old. >.>
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What if these all will continue for a long time ?
    The ddos attacker seem very diligent and attacking every pwe games server . .
    Forcing pwe to bankrupt / close down these branch ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • miumai
    miumai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its only a game people, not the end of the world....well real world anyways ;) neither us nor the workers of PWE can control what happens, you know why? Cause **** happens and then we move on :P
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    2012 is upon PW b:faint b:irritated!!! waht are we going to do now?

rofl. Well chinese is called 2012, could be a sign.b:chuckle

Anyways :D i am sure they are fixing the problem. Well i am waiting i am playing final fantasy dissidia 012 :D fun. b:laugh

Well it least it gives me something else to do, while i wait :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The brilliance of harshlands shines through.
    ....too bad our server is down, we could celebrate.

I am PISSED. My psychic IS JUST ABOUT TO HIT 85.
    And what happens AFTER I pay for wines, AFTER I find FC squad, and AFTER I get into instance?

....All the east servers go splat. b:angry

Yeah, that does suck. But if everyone stopped trying to go in instances while this **** is happening everyone wouldn't be losing ****. Just do world quest or something till it's fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    miumai wrote: »
    Its only a game people, not the end of the world....well real world anyways ;) neither us nor the workers of PWE can control what happens, you know why? Cause **** happens and then we move on :P

Well said.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LipoK_JmR - Dreamweaver
    LipoK_JmR - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    have been dced 9999 times already this week...its getting very annoying.... b:angry
  • Cavorex - Raging Tide
    Cavorex - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maybe this is just my mind thinking on this but I'm wondering if their IT guys have even located the IP address for the "Attacker" lol if there even is one, or if this is just plain and simple a fault rising from the change in sales without and actual update done from the maintanence that wasn't performed. Seems to my tinking that it's more that than anything else, A glitch in the programming.
  • Medeus - Raging Tide
    Medeus - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Anyways :D i am sure they are fixing the problem. Well i am waiting i am playing final fantasy dissidia 012 :D fun. b:laugh

I'm waiting to play FF too, but I heard it was gonna be too similar to the first Dissidia. Kinda like Melee and Brawl. Brawl died very early for me, because it was the same damn thing as Melee. >.<

Hope this doesnt happen with Dissidia, but who can say?

EDIT: My bad. Mis-read. When the hell did 012 come out? T_T
  • Ekala - Dreamweaver
    Ekala - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What if these all will continue for a long time ?
    The ddos attacker seem very diligent and attacking every pwe games server . .
    Forcing pwe to bankrupt / close down these branch ? b:surrender

I highly doubt this is going to continue for a long time. I'm sure they're doing the best they can to fix this problem so that it doesn't happen again in the near future. Give them some time.
  • _Daisy_X_ - Lost City
    _Daisy_X_ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ughhh why cant i log on still!?!?!?!?!? b:angry
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I highly doubt this is going to continue for a long time. I'm sure they're doing the best they can to fix this problem so that it doesn't happen again in the near future. Give them some time.

Hm.. Kritty's comment on it.
    "In reality, large ones can affect even Google. The only thing they can really do is hope that one of similar strength doesn't happen again."

I honestly don't have a clue about DDoS, or computer in general, and I don't know if there is a way to fix it.. But I was texting kritty for a bit and since he knows more about computers I take his word for it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Only thing I wonder at this point: What makes people irrate enough to risk prison time over a video game....
  • Tariff - Raging Tide
    Tariff - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lost a ton of exp so far + was doing a hyper and Esoterica. b:irritated

Just shut the serverdown, do what you need to do to fix it, the give everyone the X2 drop and exp for a week.
  • miumai
    miumai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ughhh why cant i log on still!?!?!?!?!? b:angry

Cause you broke your internet ^_^
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Did some reserch, this don't look too great :

To reduce their chances of being discovered, intruders distribute their attack across computers in different time zones, different legal jurisdictions, and with different systems administrators. Intruders also make the electronic traffic they create appear to be from a computer different from the one that actually created it. This is called IP spoofing, and it is a commonly used method to disguise where an attack is really coming from. If the source of the attack is unknown, it is difficult to stop it, giving intruders free reign with a high likelihood of successfully remaining anonymous.

Source : http://www.cert.org/homeusers/ddos.html

b:shocked
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This kind os attacks happen when the security is low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EagleBlade_ - Harshlands
    EagleBlade_ - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

i wish i had final fantasy b:sad but i have to wait till they are running again. pls b:surrender let them fix it fast and sucks to the person doing this to us b:cry
This discussion has been closed.