[Server Issues] 3-24-11

Comments

• cassie2
    cassie2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sorry i haven;t been able to get into the sever for 30 minutes. i'm on the raging tides sever.
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    simplest way to fix this would be to track down the little kid trying to increase his e-peen and "fix" him.

If only that were actually simple...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Claiming to be the one who doing it : http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=129671
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have no idea if it is somehow related, but i remember my anti virus alerting me of a trojan about a week ago when connecting to PWE game portal, and any main page of their games... Didn't pay much attention to it though since i thought it was a false positive but...

If some PWE users have been infected, could it be possible they're unintentionally playing a part in the current problems?

I actually had a trojan in my computer too... found it by doing my daily scan, and it was about one week ago. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • _Henritette_ - Raging Tide
    _Henritette_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    RagingTides kinda crashed...dont know about the other servers

Symptoms:

Lagg-400-1900ping

More lagg....NPCs dont respond

Even More lag...3/4 of the time you are frozen.

Friends cannot connect anymore on server...

You have been disconnected...
  • _SoulTrain_ - Raging Tide
    _SoulTrain_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I havent been able to log on all morning, gives me about 20 seconds of elapsed time and says "Unable to connect to server"
  • Wizziie - Harshlands
    Wizziie - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well Harshlands is down again, Havent been able to log on for like 20 minuites now.
  • Kurerikku - Dreamweaver
    Kurerikku - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If only that were actually simple...

if that last link to the people who claimed to be doing it was true then it might be,

then again they don't seem that smart

then again you don't have to be that intelligent to do a DDoS attack nowadays

then again if they did do it and they're not that bright, and PWI logs which IP you post from and they didn't post behind multiple proxies it might just be that simple b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]True clerics go HA! b:chuckleb:victory
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Claiming to be the one who doing it : http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=129671

they sound like they are in pre-school..... i am skeptical
  • mohabe
    mohabe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a feeling like I might get **** by logging in my account(all of 'em) That's why I only use this, can't risk my main account ;( What makes me feel like is because of "My Wallet" Before, when I quit the firefox, my pwi account automatically log out(website) But now......... It doesn't ;< Have to ctrl+shift+end then clear everything ;( I think there's a keylogger installed to my pc ;( Never visited p0rnsite, any other website (except facebook). This happens when this DoS issue began ;(
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    Ziraia - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cassie2 wrote: »
    sorry i haven;t been able to get into the sever for 30 minutes. i'm on the raging tides sever.

Same here..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    they sound like they are in pre-school..... i am skeptical

dey meen seriuz biznis doodb:laugh
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • sachita
    sachita Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    nice that a new east-coast-server-crash right in time when revange for last crash-problems, dougle exp/sp/drop startedb:faint
  • Wizziie - Harshlands
    Wizziie - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Maybe its an old cash shopper who think they were screwed by these new updates lol
  • jalopez2009
    jalopez2009 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    been trying for half an hour still no luck on logging on b:surrender
  • Balix - Harshlands
    Balix - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well GMS can u tell us how long that will take >.> , and if it will take long u should make the 2x when servers are gd or expand it plz :P
  • CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver
    CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seriously, I hope they catch whoever it is and then let us do something to whatever helps him escape from reality for several days. My son is mentally disabled and highly (and unpredictably) violent. Maybe this guy can be forced to come babysit a few hours.
  • Uttara - Harshlands
    Uttara - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    trying to log on for over half an hour still no luck b:surrender
  • MistyForest - Harshlands
    MistyForest - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Random Post Number 3 on PWI forums b/c Servers down b:shutup
  • Medeus - Raging Tide
    Medeus - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I are bored. What is there to do now? ~_~

Hopefully the servers get shutdown for maint, and hopefully its on Sunday, when i get my 3DS! b:victory
    edited March 2011
    They coming to every pwe games server . . . b:shocked
    Whatever with the games, all of them . . b:surrender

i mean the ddos ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Uttara - Harshlands
    Uttara - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    have been trying to log on for over half an hour still nothing b:surrender
  • shir12shir
    shir12shir Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i cant connect to dreamwaver , on chose server screen, dreamwaver server got no ping, and i cant connect
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey everyone, we've been having some server issues across all games since around midnight last night, and we're looking into them now. I'll be passing along updates as I get them.

Also, looking at it right now, all PWI servers are up, but let me know if you're still getting disconnected as of right now.

Thanks.

Update 10:25 AM: It's been confirmed that there have been more ddos attacks this morning, which have been causing the server problems. We're working on it now and I'll continue pass along updates.

Update 3:37 PM: Hey everyone, so the the news is that the servers are now stabilized, and we've hopefully been through the worst of it, so feel free to hop in and enjoy your time once more :)

I am still getting disconnected and not able to log in again. This has been going on for far too long (3 days now). I hope you fix your technical problems , maybe worry less with selling stuff and worry more about security.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CHOBITS - Dreamweaver
    CHOBITS - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WTB : Transfer Scroll (moves one character to another server) b:surrenderb:shutup
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Does someone know if there is still people logged in, or if everyone on those servers were dced by now?

[for those who have vent or those kind of contacts outside the game]
    [insert sig here]
  • Man_at_Armz - Dreamweaver
    Man_at_Armz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Haven't played in over a week. First time I'm able to get back on and can't get in. This is so awesome... 1st time I tried to login, client tells me that the version is out of date and needs to be updated (version 493.) Each additional login attempt, unable to connect. You guys must've royally pissed somebody off for this to have happened. Hoping for a fix before Christmas, but not going to hold my breath. b:angry b:angry b:angry
    edited March 2011
    I am still getting disconnected and not able to log in again. This has been going on for far too long (3 days now). I hope you fix your technical problems , maybe worry less with selling stuff and worry more about security.

ddos isn't about server security, since what's it do is using slots that usually used by regular players or users . . b:surrender
    which mean slowing down the system and makes services doesn't exist for users
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cavorex - Raging Tide
    Cavorex - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    INstead of trying to make more money for themselves with their boutique sales they should be working on th servers. Seems kinda fnny the more money we spend the lazier they get when it comes to fixing problems
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All of the Eastern servers are now down.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
This discussion has been closed.