Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sig1043a wrote: »
    More specifically, can a faction decline to be part of base wars? If not, please provide information on how much damage can be done during base wars and how many supplies are lost in a defeat.

This has been answered many times now: you CANNOT decline a base war. Sango specifically said that that part of the wiki was edited in by someone who mistook a decline of declaration of KOS for a decline of a base war. You can be attacked and most likely will if you have a base.

That being said, your base will not die after one ****ing war, people. Stop assuming the worst. Also, PVP is end-game. Guild base is end-game. It's not meant to just be a place to hang out in. This is fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver
    Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This has been answered many times now: you CANNOT decline a base war. Sango specifically said that that part of the wiki was edited in by someone who mistook a decline of declaration of KOS for a decline of a base war. You can be attacked and most likely will if you have a base.

That being said, your base will not die after one ****ing war, people. Stop assuming the worst. Also, PVP is end-game. Guild base is end-game. It's not meant to just be a place to hang out in. This is fact.

Lulz b:chuckle
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011

So you heard this from a GM or dev? No? Just a player-edited wiki page? Yeah, thought so. Next time try to be moar relevant.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lolcarebears
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OK, I think that everyone needs to realize that there are many different views on PvP vs PvE and stop bashing one another for being on opposite sides of the fence. You like PvP? Then play on a PvP server. You like PvE? Then play on a PvE server. Enough said.

However, there is nothing wrong with PWI addressing both sides of the coin and giving both sides what they want now is there? It would be a win win for the game developers and the gamers to do so.

Here is an interesting twist to this arguement. Valley of Reciprocity is based on the lvl of the player entering the instance, what if the factions had a more advanced lvl system as well? Lvl 3 only signifies that the faction was able to raise enough coin to become lvl 3. It dictates the number of players the faction can have and thats all. What if we had some other markers placed on the factions as well? Maybe our faction lvls need to be revamped in order to give a more accurate view of the factions themselves. Just like in boxing, you have light weights and heavy weights, you can't expect them to compete against one another, why do we expect them to do so in PWI?

The number of players within a certain range lvl could make guild based wars a much more interesting experience and would certainly provide some interesting scenarios as a faction grows. Why not have factions of players consisting mainly of lvl 50 and under players, lvl 50 to 75, 76 to 94, or Lvl 95 & up be considered different faction lvls? Why does it have to be all or nothing?

It is difficult and frustrating to get players to stay in a faction as it tries to lvl their people up only to lose them to experienced and established TW factions. Maybe if they had something to offer them as they continued to grow, they could make a faction that is worthy of competing in TW themselves. Guild bases are an excellent opportunity to put some real excitement into this game.

Those of us who read the updates were prepared to fight 40 vs 40 fights, we just want reassurance that we aren't going to be beaten and mugged and left with nothing, I think that it is only fair that our concerns are addressed. It would just be lots more fun if we knew we could fight against other factions with similar player lvls as our own, not going into a fight that we have no chance to win right from the beginning.
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sig1043a wrote: »
    So you heard this from a GM or dev? No? Just a player-edited wiki page? Yeah, thought so. Next time try to be moar relevant.

You cannot decline base wars. Some idiot guild bid on another guild's base despite the fact that no one from either side could enter yet. The other guild was not given the option to decline.

You cannot decline base wars. Full stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am still upset my lvl 28 sin cannot gain entry to Nirvana. Game content should be open to everyone, not just those elite lvl 100+.

I cannot believe how unfair this is. I mean sure, Nirvana is for endgame players and I would have nothing to do in there, but I want a fun place to hang out with my friends.

I don't see why I can't have everything I want. It's almost as though I have to work for it...

b:chuckle

On a serious note - any PWE employee have any solid info on guild bases? Regardless of which "side" the players are on, it's a pretty fair request to get some info.
  • Cael_Cross - Sanctuary
    Cael_Cross - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I dont think everybody who is againts the almost obligatory wars thinks they should get a lvl8 base just by getting a lvl3 faction, what we dont want is the option of it being destroyed, doesnt matter if is in 1 atack or 20, many wold be happy just with a lvl 1 base, and when thye feel like they can take the "end of game" theyll start developing their base and be prepared to face other factions.

This specially because the time of the wars is not a time that everybody can log into the game and participate, some have to study, some have work, some are really good players that just have a small time to play, and even having a week or more of anticipation they cant always make it.

Also so much raging of both sides of the discussion and still not even 1 word from an offical source; hope they taking into consideration players thoughts on their new "upgrade"
    edited March 2011
    Lulz b:chuckle
    I am still upset my lvl 28 sin cannot gain entry to Nirvana. Game content should be open to everyone, not just those elite lvl 100+.

I cannot believe how unfair this is. I mean sure, Nirvana is for endgame players and I would have nothing to do in there, but I want a fun place to hang out with my friends.

I don't see why I can't have everything I want. It's almost as though I have to work for it...

b:chuckle

On a serious note - any PWE employee have any solid info on guild bases? Regardless of which "side" the players are on, it's a pretty fair request to get some info.

Just to point out to you that although your comment is very amusing and holds true in lots of scenarios, it doesn't pertain to this thread. The only stipulations for a guild base pertained to a) enough coin to attatin a lvl 3 faction and b) enough coin/mats to attain the guild base itself. There were never any stipulations on character lvls for guild bases. So the arguement of it being "end game content" is a huge stretch for anyone to assume.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lolcarebears

lolcarebearscallingotherscarebears.

If you think PvP is this "LIEK TOWTULLY AWESUM FEATURE" and you start calling people carebears while you yourself are on a PvE server, then maybe you should switch to a PvP server and delete that main entirely, no? b:bye

Gotta lol@hippos...I mean hypocrites b:laugh
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OK, I think that everyone needs to realize that there are many different views on PvP vs PvE and stop bashing one another for being on opposite sides of the fence. You like PvP? Then play on a PvP server. You like PvE? Then play on a PvE server. Enough said.

However, there is nothing wrong with PWI addressing both sides of the coin and giving both sides what they want now is there? It would be a win win for the game developers and the gamers to do so.

Here is an interesting twist to this arguement. Valley of Reciprocity is based on the lvl of the player entering the instance, what if the factions had a more advanced lvl system as well? Lvl 3 only signifies that the faction was able to raise enough coin to become lvl 3. It dictates the number of players the faction can have and thats all. What if we had some other markers placed on the factions as well? Maybe our faction lvls need to be revamped in order to give a more accurate view of the factions themselves. Just like in boxing, you have light weights and heavy weights, you can't expect them to compete against one another, why do we expect them to do so in PWI?

The number of players within a certain range lvl could make guild based wars a much more interesting experience and would certainly provide some interesting scenarios as a faction grows. Why not have factions of players consisting mainly of lvl 50 and under players, lvl 50 to 75, 76 to 94, or Lvl 95 & up be considered different faction lvls? Why does it have to be all or nothing?

It is difficult and frustrating to get players to stay in a faction as it tries to lvl their people up only to lose them to experienced and established TW factions. Maybe if they had something to offer them as they continued to grow, they could make a faction that is worthy of competing in TW themselves. Guild bases are an excellent opportunity to put some real excitement into this game.

Those of us who read the updates were prepared to fight 40 vs 40 fights, we just want reassurance that we aren't going to be beaten and mugged and left with nothing, I think that it is only fair that our concerns are addressed. It would just be lots more fun if we knew we could fight against other factions with similar player lvls as our own, not going into a fight that we have no chance to win right from the beginning.

+1

I would have to say that I agree with all of this minus what is highlighted in red...

I am a marshal of DarkOath on Sanctuary (probably never heard of us cause we are non-TW and non-combative in general), but save the Director, Leader, me, and a few others everyone is lower levels. So because I am 101, we should only fight Nef or LG or Regicide? O.o

This is a great thought of how to solve the problem, but you can't lump everyone in a faction into a 25 lvl range. Also, you might argue that you could just average all of the guild mates' levels together but then ppl will just add lvl 1 alts to their faction, more QQing, etc.

Side Note: maybe only have ppl of certain levels participate in Base Wars. Example: I am 101, but only levels 50-75 from our faction participate in wars against people from other factions levels 50-75 (I being one of those outside the range and therefore unable to enter the war). I think the idea of declaring the level range that will participate in your base wars, therefore restricting who can actually attack you, I think, would be a great idea!

Sounds like one of the fairest ideas so far: keeps PVP for everyone who wants it and keeps smaller guilds like ours from gettin steamrolled.

Discuss... b:pleased
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this is actually a kindof interesting idea.

question for folks with much more experience than me: if a squad of people not all of whom fit inside the same rebirth level range (for example) try to enter rebirth --- what's the game do then, and could that mechanic be adapted for a level-range restricted base war?

or, funnier if maybe not practical: 40 players go to enter a base war... then they get split up into X number of separate base wars based on level ranges, defenders and attackers both split separately, to make weight classes. b:chuckle might get a little harder to determine the "winner" in that case, though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Still no official response to this threat, NO a mod is not official enough for me. Granted atleast HE is trying. (A word from a GM stating he/she is buzy getting the info would be a start.......)

Some small line from a GM however would be far more crediable as a GM stands for "GameMaster" meaning to me (odd I know) this person knows the in's and out's of this game.
    But maybe my defination of what a GM "is" is a bit off.

Seems to me a GM stands for "manager" and boy do managers at times lack knowledge (try IT-team managers.. ugh)

So what gives GM's?
    What IS the info? Hmmmm

God, I should start learning Chinese as I would most likely get an answer from a real GM...
    With real I mean you know a GM who is responsible with the dealing of the real PW as hosted on the official PW-servers in China.

If not that then atleast the chinese forum might have far better/bigger deal of information available about this "expansion".

Oooh well...
    What do I know.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Some small line from a GM however would be far more crediable as a GM stands for "GameMaster" meaning to me (odd I know) this person knows the in's and out's of this game.
    But maybe my defination of what a GM "is" is a bit off.

It is off, PWI GMs don't know the first thing about the game.

Send in a ticket about any instance past FB59 saying you're havng issues, see what you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011
    @Atreyuthus
    The idea is sound enough. I would be for it even if I don't PvP at all.
    Seems fair enough.

Still declining is a needed option. As some one mentioned the time restriction of it being at a certain time only makes the guild base war void simple as it does not canvas the population of PWI at any given time.

If the guild base is to be PVP oriented I would make a guild base only possible if a guild owns land in TW as a requirement. People willing to TW are far more wiling to defend a guild base too.
  • mercadius
    mercadius Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have seen numerous posts and the bottom line is, did they just set me up with new content that I cannot partake in again? I have spent alot of my hard earned money in this game too, and I'm getting tired of being denied aspects of the game because of Larger guilds like
    "enrage" that control parts of my playing interests. (and the alts the GM's have passed gear to in that guild) This reminds me of my apothecary skill that has never been leveled above 6 because I DON"T OWN LAND. And I learn of this after I spent real money to level it.. I'm not about to roll the dice and end up losing everything else too. I don't think the system is fair at all and many people would like to particpate but will not be able to. This is poor development and not very well thought out. I can see PWI losing alot more players to other more accomadating, and fair games. I am one of them. I'm going to cut my loses and go back to another game. So? is it really worth it, that part of the economy will now be gone unless they fix it. Hopefully many others will follow when the newness of the release wears off and people take the economy down a few notches. PWI will realize the mistake. Hopefully not too late. Don't bother replying to this post. I won't be back to read it!!!! I'm permanently removing PWI's Hand from my pocket!! Good bye
    edited March 2011
    Atreyuthus, grats on a sucessful faction and yes, I have seen your players around. I am Director of Emperials on Sanctuary. Our faction is generally lvl 50 and up, with a heavy emphasis on lvl 70 and above. Having just 3 - 5 lvl 100 + players would automatically drop your faction in a lower category as the faction level would be based on the pre-dominant levels if used the way I discussed. If your faction consisted of mainly lvl 40 - 60, then it would be based on that. As those players lvl'd up, eventually you would jump to the next faction level.
    However, yes, it could potentially cause a problem and one that could be exploited if a faction were to use alts and such loaded into the faction to change their faction lvl. The only way I can address that is that if their faction is mainly lvl 20 alts, then they will face off against another faction of mainly lvl 20 players as well. Maybe not so satisfying to do, but if thats what they choose... oh well, it would still balance out. I do like the idea of then restricting it to a lvl range though and excluding those that are too low or too high. I'm sure there would be a fair way to implement the lvl ranges.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Atreyuthus, grats on a sucessful faction and yes, I have seen your players around. I am Director of Emperials on Sanctuary. Our faction is generally lvl 50 and up, with a heavy emphasis on lvl 70 and above. Having just 3 - 5 lvl 100 + players would automatically drop your faction in a lower category as the faction level would be based on the pre-dominant levels if used the way I discussed. If your faction consisted of mainly lvl 40 - 60, then it would be based on that. As those players lvl'd up, eventually you would jump to the next faction level.
    However, yes, it could potentially cause a problem and one that could be exploited if a faction were to use alts and such loaded into the faction to change their faction lvl. The only way I can address that is that if their faction is mainly lvl 20 alts, then they will face off against another faction of mainly lvl 20 players as well. Maybe not so satisfying to do, but if thats what they choose... oh well, it would still balance out. I do like the idea of then restricting it to that lvl range though and excluding those that are too low or too high. I'm sure there would be a fair way to implement the lvl ranges.

Nice idea in theory, but in practice... how DO you determine the "weight class"? Average level?

Faction A has a mix of 70-90 folks, with a few higher and a few lower, but an average level of 80.2. Faction B has 160 Lvl 100-ish folks with an average level of 100.0. Faction B creates 40 lvl 1 alts. Faction B now has average level 80.2 - Same weight class as Faction A. Fair fight?

Just about any reasonable system that could be used to classify factions can be abused/gamed in some fashion.
    edited March 2011
    If it is level-based AND setup certain amount of said level available one could make "wars" on level.

In other words. when a guild is heavy on L30-35 one could opt to partake in war where an absolute number of L30-35 ranged members is squared of to opposing guild equal in level.
    (lets call this the guild base war basic)

Per level range you get level ranged binding gears from a successfull attack or defense.
    The gear itself is usable for 35-40 character at max.

Next would be 40-45 ranged again following the same rules.
    This time the gear dropped is 50-53 ranged
    (call it Guild base war basic +)

well you get the idea..

If a guild is working for higher rewards helping between lower levels and higher-ups within the guild would solidify a guild in and of itself.

Begining members can partake. Higher-ups could jump on lower level alt and still have fun helping the new ones with their first steps into a PvP system that might make some sence.
    edited March 2011
    Nice idea in theory, but in practice... how DO you determine the "weight class"? Average level?

Faction A has a mix of 70-90 folks, with a few higher and a few lower, but an average level of 80.2. Faction B has 160 Lvl 100-ish folks with an average level of 100.0. Faction B creates 40 lvl 1 alts. Faction B now has average level 80.2 - Same weight class as Faction A. Fair fight?

Just about any reasonable system that could be used to classify factions can be abused/gamed in some fashion.

No, you cannot use an "average lvl" it would have to be based on actual character lvls enrolled in the faction. Any faction is capable of having lvls 1 thru lvl cap in it. It would actually have to be based on the PREDOMINANT lvl range in the faction. If the predominant range of characters is lvl 50 - 70, then the faction lvl would be based on that. No averages, actual numbers.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    No, you cannot use an "average lvl" it would have to be based on actual character lvls enrolled in the faction. Any faction is capable of having lvls 1 thru lvl cap in it. It would actually have to be based on the PREDOMINANT lvl range in the faction. If the predominant range of characters is lvl 50 - 70, then the faction lvl would be based on that. No averages, actual numbers.

Define predominant. In an actual way that can be implemented in code, rather than a nebulous "a lot of our members are in the 50-70 range, so that's what we consider ourselves".
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They shouldn't do it by average level, because disparity in characters' effectiveness is much more reliant on gear. It should be average refines. Just as Soulforce is a measure of a Psy's overall refines, surely a similar measurement can extend to other classes as well.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    They shouldn't do it by average level, because disparity in characters' effectiveness is much more reliant on gear. It should be average refines. Just as Soulforce is a measure of a Psy's overall refines, surely a similar measurement can extend to other classes as well.

Again, nice in theory, but not practical. Define average refines in a "code-implementable" way. Do you sample once a day? once an hour? every 5 minutes? time-weighted average? faction-members on-line at the time you bid on another faction versus online members of the opposing faction?

What's my "refine level" if I spend 18-20 hours naked in west arch, and only put on my +10 gear when I'm actively playing.

The devil is in the details, and most any system can be gamed. If you expect the PW devs to come up with a "fool-proof" system, well... you have MUCH higher hopes than I do for the coffee-intern they'd probably assign to coding this.
    edited March 2011
    Again, nice in theory, but not practical. Define average refines in a "code-implementable" way. Do you sample once a day? once an hour? every 5 minutes? time-weighted average? faction-members on-line at the time you bid on another faction versus online members of the opposing faction?

What's my "refine level" if I spend 18-20 hours naked in west arch, and only put on my +10 gear when I'm actively playing.

The devil is in the details, and most any system can be gamed. If you expect the PW devs to come up with a "fool-proof" system, well... you have MUCH higher hopes than I do for the coffee-intern they'd probably assign to coding this.

Since you seem to have some idea how this works, why don't you come up with an idea on how it COULD work rather than all the reasons it can't? I'm sure there is a way that could be implemented with a little effort.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

It would be the average of everyone in the faction. They can update average refine at a random time every week. If your whole faction want to take off all gear just to ***** out of a fight, then your base can stay stagnant from lack of contribs.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Quoting myself from other thread:
    How many of you actually read about this PWI expansion and its features? This information has been out for months:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion/features

"New Guild Bases
    Factions of Perfect World will finally be able to create their own bases. The bases can be built upon which will provide the faction special shops where players can create rare items such as gears and potions. Of course, resources for building these shops are scarce and factions will have to battle it out in a 40 vs 40 faction war to determine control of these resources."

case closed .

b:bye
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    It would be the average of everyone in the faction. They can update average refine at a random time every week. If your whole faction want to take off all gear just to ***** out of a fight, then your base can stay stagnant from lack of contribs.

More the medium (or high) level faction that games the system to allow them to attack a lower-level faction.

If it CAN be gamed, it WILL be gamed.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    lol I don't think people will be that sad. The top factions of the server will not like a no show or a roll. People don't plan squads, get up at 5am in the morning, to participate in a 5min roll. But then that begs the question of whether a system to prevent top factions from attacking lower factions is even necessary, so whatever.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Since you seem to have some idea how this works, why don't you come up with an idea on how it COULD work rather than all the reasons it can't? I'm sure there is a way that could be implemented with a little effort.

My point is that there really ISN'T a way that it "could be implemented with a little effort" that isn't exploitable.

Besides, not my job to propose ideas. I'm not the one advocating change. I'm simply pointing out why the proposed ideas won't work as intended.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Anyways, could sample more often and take the max at a random time of the day. If an obviously large fac tries to exploit this, it would be pretty noticeable, so just ban them for exploiting an element of the game lol. What is fake bidding?

This is, of course, assuming large facs shouldn't be allowed to attack significantly smaller facs in this hypothetical scenario.
This discussion has been closed.