Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Options

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Then get a room. Wow...the **** you're doing having a cyber orgy in general chat?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Babesend - Lost City
    Babesend - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What is most disturbing is the total lack of credible information to make a decision. Certain things would make sense, such as that the base would not be destroyed only structures within the base during attacks have conflicting information in the "official" Wiki page (which is user supported, so just about anyone can post information there). Other important information is completely lacking, such as:

1) When a structure is destroyed for it's mats (the primary reason for attacking another guild base), how long does it take and how much does it cost to replace it? If a guild base can be attacked twice a week, having those costs/time be excessively high give little incentive to replace them only to be destroyed again a few days later.

2) Do destroyed structures within the base affect leveling of the various wings? If it takes 3 days and 50 million coin to rebuild structures and the level is re-set to zero it will be almost impossible for a guild with only 25 90+ members to ever level the base to a point where there is even a slight chance of defending it against an attack by the elite guilds.

3) Is there any benefit at all to paying for an alliance? Such as "you help me defend my base and I'll help you defend yours". Since the discussion came up about in reality not being able to decline being attacked, it should also be noted that in reality banding together was exactly how smaller clans/villages protected themselves against stronger attackers.

4) Only 40 members of the attackers and 40 members of the guild can defend, what about the allies? Alliances would have a little more meaning if it meant that when an Elite faction shows up expecting to waltz through a weaker guild's hall they were actually met by 120 defenders. That would be realistic as well, since the warlords in the time of the city-states would not have known what they were getting into unless they had spies on the inside.

In the past I have seen the Devs or Mods (acting on behalf of the Devs) get on the forums now and then to clear up false information, and have usually stayed silent when the information discussed was factual. The silence about this significant aspect of the Genesis expansion leads me to believe either:

A - There are so many bugs to work out they've not slept since Monday
    B - All our worst fears about losing everything are true and they just don't want to come out and admit it for fear of the firestorm that would ensue
    C - They have not decided yet (aka R9 gear, etc)

Either way, it would sure be nice to know some real information instead of just speculation. I don't think anyone likes the idea of their guild spending several hundred hours a week collectively building their base only to be a farm to one of the elite guilds. There should be some sort of reward for successfully defending your base or at least a mechanism to make it less easy to get steam rolled. At least in TW if you successfully defend you get 10-30M coin for your effort. In RL if you kill an attacking army you eliminate their ability to hurt you in the future.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In RL if you kill an attacking army you eliminate their ability to hurt you in the future.

I dont know what real world your from, but here on earth, successfully defending an attack does not stop an attacking army from attacking again, where as a successful attack (in an imperialistic conquest anyway) means the attacker subjugates the defeated and takes control of their land and property. the only thing an attacker loses is the resources they spent on mounting the attack.
    EVERYONE STOP QQING. BASE WAR CAN BE DECLINED
    http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg

Have a nice day careabears b:bye

faction diplomacy =/= base wars

welcome to the thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    EVERYONE STOP QQING. BASE WAR CAN BE DECLINED
    http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg

Have a nice day careabears b:bye

A little screenshot of essences guild chat proves nothing at the moment as theres not enough facts that have been actually released by anyone that can officially comment on anything I highly doubt its going to be this way otherwise no one is ever going to have a faction base war as the consequences for possibly losing are too high they don't allow you to decline tw bids why on earth would the do it on the faction bases as well?
  • OXAmandaXo - Heavens Tear
    OXAmandaXo - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I really hope things work out as in we can decline attacks. If we can really do that I will stick with the game. I enjoy it. If not I might as well go back to (another game it wont let me type here -.-)
    (RS) and use my money there.
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [I]that the timing on this is just WRONG WRONG WRONG even for the top guilds. you have one days notice to participate in a 40v40 at 2300h on a tues or thurs night server time after recieving notice after 2300h on a mon or wed night [/I].
    2300h tues and thurs = 0200 east coast US, 0500 GMT

b:surrender I give up, didn't even know that information before, so ty for pointing it out. Most of our people are off to bed for work and school week nights by 2000 - 2200 server time. I am sure they would think we were crazy to ask them to get up in the middle of the night to defend a base. Though I had some hope that my previous questions would be answered and our faction would find a way to work through the issues, this has left no doubt that we should not spend our resources or money in this way. An update that promised to be so exciting has crashed and burned. b:cry
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • Babesend - Lost City
    Babesend - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dont know what real world your from, but here on earth, successfully defending an attack does not stop an attacking army from attacking again, where as a successful attack (in an imperialistic conquest anyway) means the attacker subjugates the defeated and takes control of their land and property. the only thing an attacker loses is the resources they spent on mounting the attack.

You should read more carefully before attempting a snide reply. How does a dead army pose a threat again? Since there is no permanent death on PWI, the attackers are of course free to attempt again in a few days. Maybe they got greedy and took some of their 500 million for last week's territory payments and attacked 15 guild halls at once. They are out 5 million of the coin PWI gave them, but the defenders get nothing. The whole point is there are no consequences to losing an attack other than being out the fee. And if you happen to be in Essence on Lost server, that fee was generously provided to you by PWI so you are out nothing.
  • BigPizza - Lost City
    BigPizza - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So mods are you telling us that we have to pay $300+ to get a guild base and we can loose with nothing in return. This sounds like robbery. Why dont you just break into my house and steal stuff while your at it?
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you're conflating a successful counter attack with a failed attack. if an attacker is losing an attack they retreat, they don't keep flinging soldiers at the enemy until the last one is dead, defenders cant retreat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jasperfish
    jasperfish Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The stupidity on this thread makes my face hurt..... >< If all of you waited a WEEK before getting your base you would have the answers. But no, you cry and rage to no end in a matter of 48hrs......really? Patience is a virtue ***** use it? You want the base today right now? TAKE the risk...if ya don't sit back and watch. Sasha your awesome btw :3 One of most informative pple on this thread and not an ounce of rage at the noobs for being so...well noob. xD Hats off to ya sir b:cool
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jasperfish
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmfao....jasperfish..I need to troll more often...smiz undercover ftw >:O
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you're conflating a successful counter attack with a failed attack. if an attacker is losing an attack they retreat, they don't keep flinging soldiers at the enemy until the last one is dead, defenders cant retreat.

[looks at sasha's post]
    [looks up some military history]
    [looks back at sasha's post]
    [looks back at military history]

oddly, real life warfare is seldom that simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    #1. So what if you get killed a lot, your base wont be destroyed.

#2. It says the guild needs to be active, if you don't have 40 members that can go to the war then you aren't active.

Sorry Rawrgh, you misread my statement, I didn't say my faction only has 20 players, I said we only have about 20+ players that are level 90 to 102. What I did not say is the rest are of lower lvls, generally lvl 50 - 89. So you are wrong, we are a very active faction, just stating the obvious that we would be steamrolled by 40 lvl 100+ players.

I will wait until PWI decides to take these issues seriously and answer the questions themselves. Obviously no one here has any of the answers.
    And no, I won't take someone's screenshot posted in wiki as proof of anything. Even if it is true, can't prove it. Can't a mod or someone get in touch with someone from PWI to ask them to please step forward and answer the confusion surrounding the new update???
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • jasperfish
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [looks at sasha's post]
    [looks up some military history]
    [looks back at sasha's post]
    [looks back at military history]

oddly, real life warfare is seldom that simple.

no really....it is that simple..if your dead you can't really attack.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What is most disturbing is the total lack of credible information to make a decision. Certain things would make sense, such as that the base would not be destroyed only structures within the base during attacks have conflicting information in the "official" Wiki page (which is user supported, so just about anyone can post information there). Other important information is completely lacking, such as:

1) When a structure is destroyed for it's mats (the primary reason for attacking another guild base), how long does it take and how much does it cost to replace it? If a guild base can be attacked twice a week, having those costs/time be excessively high give little incentive to replace them only to be destroyed again a few days later.

2) Do destroyed structures within the base affect leveling of the various wings? If it takes 3 days and 50 million coin to rebuild structures and the level is re-set to zero it will be almost impossible for a guild with only 25 90+ members to ever level the base to a point where there is even a slight chance of defending it against an attack by the elite guilds.

3) Is there any benefit at all to paying for an alliance? Such as "you help me defend my base and I'll help you defend yours". Since the discussion came up about in reality not being able to decline being attacked, it should also be noted that in reality banding together was exactly how smaller clans/villages protected themselves against stronger attackers.

4) Only 40 members of the attackers and 40 members of the guild can defend, what about the allies? Alliances would have a little more meaning if it meant that when an Elite faction shows up expecting to waltz through a weaker guild's hall they were actually met by 120 defenders. That would be realistic as well, since the warlords in the time of the city-states would not have known what they were getting into unless they had spies on the inside.

In the past I have seen the Devs or Mods (acting on behalf of the Devs) get on the forums now and then to clear up false information, and have usually stayed silent when the information discussed was factual. The silence about this significant aspect of the Genesis expansion leads me to believe either:

A - There are so many bugs to work out they've not slept since Monday
    B - All our worst fears about losing everything are true and they just don't want to come out and admit it for fear of the firestorm that would ensue
    C - They have not decided yet (aka R9 gear, etc)

Either way, it would sure be nice to know some real information instead of just speculation. I don't think anyone likes the idea of their guild spending several hundred hours a week collectively building their base only to be a farm to one of the elite guilds. There should be some sort of reward for successfully defending your base or at least a mechanism to make it less easy to get steam rolled. At least in TW if you successfully defend you get 10-30M coin for your effort. In RL if you kill an attacking army you eliminate their ability to hurt you in the future.
    This is a nice set of questions. I hope the mods see it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SmizzleDank - Heavens Tear
    SmizzleDank - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    em I still a fish?

success!

now where the hell is my siggy D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *posts again to see if siggy is there*

raaaagggeeee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You really think so? That a mid-sized guild have no chance against a top guild? How many smaller guilds can field full 80 well-geared people for TW? Now how about if you only need to field 40? Is that not easier? I'd say guild base fights at least makes it easier to have smaller guilds fight against larger guilds. Guilds that would get rolled in a full 80vs80 TW might not do so badly in a guild fight.

@Quilue : yes, 40 is easier for a small guild to host, still doesn't mean as we're building up we will be able to defend well.. Where does the money come to keep rebuilding?
    I believe that a lot of people want the guild base simply for being a private hang out for members of your faction.

@Olbaze : Thats certainly a part of it. While we are looking forward to the ABILITY to do 40v40 ( read mini tw ) we dont' want it shoved down our throats. Just like we have the ability to bid or not bid on TW we should have the same for Bases.
    I can easily see bases being a training ground for TW both simulated guild only practice areas, and 40v40.
    Sorry Rawrgh, you misread my statement, I didn't say my faction only has 20 players, I said we only have about 20+ players that are level 90 to 102. What I did not say is the rest are of lower lvls, generally lvl 50 - 89. So you are wrong, we are a very active faction, just stating the obvious that we would be steamrolled by 40 lvl 100+ players.

I will wait until PWI decides to take these issues seriously and answer the questions themselves. Obviously no one here has any of the answers.
    And no, I won't take someone's screenshot posted in wiki as proof of anything. Even if it is true, can't prove it. Can't a mod or someone get in touch with someone from PWI to ask them to please step forward and answer the confusion surrounding the new update???

@RiverWalker : thats basically my point exactly. Yes can we put 40 90+ on the field assuming the ALL show up. However, most of our guild does not have uber gear nor are they highly experienced in this kind of warfare.

@ALL :
    Please don't think just because a guild is on a pvp server that they RPK. There are MANY factions on LC that don't do this. Some don't pvp at all. While AE does not actively hunt for pvp action, we don't run from it either. We have no problem bringing those of us who live for this kind of thing to those who want to be pests. It's simply that the majority of us play to have fun, not see how many pvp kills we can rack up this week, or how many hours red we can get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    muahaha I r a forum noob xD Ok! back on the subject......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Here's something that should be implemented on PvE servers (or even ALL servers):

The guild leader has option to set faction base to PvE only. PvE only factions can not declare an attack on another faction base. This can be switched at a later time with at cooldown time (can't attack or be attacked for say 2 days? 3 days? 1 week?). Likewise it can't be switched back to PvE only on a whim (cooldown for the same amount of time...or not at all).

This would solve all concerns, and make the game a little more fair. The guilds need to be ready for 40vs40 in the first place (1000 merits for every player to participate?). Some guilds have their base on the first day, while others will take months. Not everyone has the time to make this game their priority.

just meh $.02
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Alnnestasia - Dreamweaver
    Alnnestasia - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think most of the people complaining about guild bases being attackable are missing a few points.

1). Bases are like territories. They give benefits, maybe not direct coin or excellent pots, but they give buffs; equipment; and daily quests. They are a privilege and, like TW itself, are expensive. Anyone who owns a territory can't set it to 'PvE only' or decline attacks. They have to defend it despite the fact that they might be a smaller guild or unable to hold it.

2). Bases regenerate health, based on contribution gained. If you have a fair number of members who are active, I'm sure the base would regenerate at a fair pace, since a faction base is a faction investment. Anyone worth having in a faction will do the daily quests everyday it is possible for them to do so. On top of gaining contribution for themselves, it nets guild mats and helps the base.

3). Use the bloody alliance system! Your faction might be a little insect compared to whatever the large faction(s) on your server are like, but if you get a group of small factions together, you can be overwhelming. You can also ask that some factions leave you alone. Unless the leaders of the larger factions on your servers are giant trolls, I'm sure at least one or two will agree to leave you alone or even ally with you to deter anyone attacking you. Sometimes, servers with 2-3 big factions will have the big guns fight it out constantly, leaving the little people out of it. Anyone on DW knows this. Kindrid had several territories bordering one of the larger factions and was left alone for a long time/.

4). Until you have a base, or reliable stats like base health, regeneration, etc, hold onto the mats for your base. Once you see those stats on the forum, weigh how active your guild is, how likely you are to get attacked, and how much you really want a base before getting one. They are expensive, I know. Rebuilding it would suck; I know. Just because it is shiny and new doesn't mean you have to get it now.

5). The Faction base isn't going to help you get ready for 40 v. 40 or 80 v. 80. Only you and your faction can do that. Yes, you may be missing out on the base gear, but there is other gear. TT gear might not be the most epic armor and weapons in existence, but it is better than having a base and being under equipped. Do faction FCs, help your lower level members grow; that is what will get you ready for TWs and base fights. Getting stronger is more important in the long run than having a faction base.

6). Smaller guilds might have a long way to go to even get the base anyway. Warsong Emblems alone would be difficult, if you were going to farm them. Dynasty is still working on them, and we have a significant number of people who do Warsong at every opportunity. The bases are expensive with reason. It is end game. If your faction isn't end-game, don't prioritize the base. It is far easier to get (though still challenging and expensive) if you have good, high level players. Even more so as you get more and more high levels.
  • turdbucket
    turdbucket Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As far as HT is concerned, why are people goign to QQ about Enrage taking everything over? They put in the hard work and evne the money to be the top, so they are going to be the top.

i would put more emphasis on the 'money' part, rolling guilds with 80 rk9's i would not call hard work
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you guys like it or not this game is PVP oriented endgame. No if's and's or but's about it.
    The PVE part of it is made to train you on how to use your character and build your characters gear. Thats it....and what are you training for? To kill that same mob...over and over again day in and day out? I should hope not.....what are you building all that gear up for? So that mob does 3% less damage to you next time around?

Face it, if you are lvling your character past say, 95, its for PVP. You can face roll just about any dungeon, instance, and mob in the game with 90 gear. But yet you all claim its purely PVE I have no interest in it what-so-ever. The idea....or concept of this game is to prepare you for tw,pk...etc.

So they release something that gives us more to work for, more to participate in that involves PVP action. You CANNOT get mad at a dev for developing and releasing a part of HIS game that HE decided was for PVP. As for your arguments "well why did they make PVE servers then?" to get your character to higher lvl without worrying about being farm killed, thats it. There is no other reason.

Its amazing the balls some of you have to rage "well I don't like pvp why cant they make something for me" YOU are the minority....sorry to be harsh but you are. Your not playing the game as it was DESIGNED to be played, or as the devs idea of how it was to be played. You don't like the rules and ways the bases are designed.....don't get one. Their are plenty of pple on this server that love and support the idea, map reset, and new places to kill pple. So for all of you complaining that you can't have your base, and a lovely little fac that helps everyone and nobody bothers you.......sucks to be you, thats not how the game was made to be played.
      rawr, ima hear it for this one, nerd rage gotta love it b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    honestly its just a stupid set up as if we didn't have enough coin sinks in this game already this isn't the cn version with a massive bot problem. There are bots here and frankly they're going to start pushing more and more ppl to start doing it here along with multiclienting.

I could point you in the direction of numerous sites that have free bots for this game with multiple set ups that work and even have auto responses to talk for you if someone talked to you.

We need less coin sinks in this game seriously and more ways for players to generate coin other than getting too 100 and farming nv and TT to merchant to other players. Hell you cant even get 10k for a lvl 80 3 star npcing it.

It seems they've already increased drop rates in the game too nearly x2 what they were a year ago I was running around the new area one shotting mobs and getting 2-3 blue drops on a 9x char killing lvl 30 mobs.

Theres just not enough ways for someone that can't put in 30+ hours a week to stay anywhere near somewhat competitive to the elitist here the fake in game economy is ridiculous

Theres already been numerous posts of players saying they were gonna sell gold to get faction bases cause frankly farming and merchanting up 400+ mil to buy all the mats and the 200 mil needed is stupid long to do the coins gotta come from somewhere and those are only generated through quests and npcing drops.

The markets are gonna drop in gold cause everyone wanting to sell it fast and then all the ingame coin is gonna be sucked outta it super quick being dumped into faction bases even with all the ToBL flooding the markets players aren't gonna dump all that into a guild that they don't own or run they may chip in a few mil but rarely are you gonna find everyone throwing 5 mil to you to make something they might lose or be dissapointed in anyways.

also the game isnt all about tw and pking for alot of players thats why theres only 2 pvp servers vs 4 pve servers where do you think the majority of those players are? most the pvp servers are pretty empty sept for arch rarely is there players out pking anywhere theres little skirmishes here and there but nothing like it used to be.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you guys like it or not this game is PVP oriented endgame. No if's and's or but's about it.
    The PVE part of it is made to train you on how to use your character and build your characters gear. Thats it....and what are you training for? To kill that same mob...over and over again day in and day out? I should hope not.....what are you building all that gear up for? So that mob does 3% less damage to you next time around?

Face it, if you are lvling your character past say, 95, its for PVP. You can face roll just about any dungeon, instance, and mob in the game with 90 gear. But yet you all claim its purely PVE I have no interest in it what-so-ever. The idea....or concept of this game is to prepare you for tw,pk...etc.

So they release something that gives us more to work for, more to participate in that involves PVP action. You CANNOT get mad at a dev for developing and releasing a part of HIS game that HE decided was for PVP. As for your arguments "well why did they make PVE servers then?" to get your character to higher lvl without worrying about being farm killed, thats it. There is no other reason.

Its amazing the balls some of you have to rage "well I don't like pvp why cant they make something for me" YOU are the minority....sorry to be harsh but you are. Your not playing the game as it was DESIGNED to be played, or as the devs idea of how it was to be played. You don't like the rules and ways the bases are designed.....don't get one. Their are plenty of pple on this server that love and support the idea, map reset, and new places to kill pple. So for all of you complaining that you can't have your base, and a lovely little fac that helps everyone and nobody bothers you.......sucks to be you, thats not how the game was made to be played.
      rawr, ima hear it for this one, nerd rage gotta love it b:cool
    I love this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Face it, if you are lvling your character past say, 95, its for PVP.

um, no, speak for yourself. not everybody thinks like the kind of person who'd probably be much happier just rolling on a PvP server in the first place. there're entire guilds out there full of people who just don't share that worldview, whether you can understand their way of thinking or not.

(i'm headed for 101 myself --- slooowly, stupidly sloowly, because gaming is not my life --- since that's where the last game content i'm likely to be interested in happens and the "game" is "over", the way i define it. i have no intention of going PvP at any time. if and when i hit that point, i may still continue playing for the sake of friends and guildmates --- turning the game client into a fancy IM program, basically. but i won't go PvP at that point, because there's no attraction in it for me. if there were, i could go PvP right now, and yet i don't.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    TBH there are 2 kinds of complainers in this thread.

1 group believes it is wrong that so little info is being released on the guild bases. Lots of questions are unanswered and it's unsettling. Some have saved up for this before the expansion only to find themselves in doubt of whether their resources have been well-spent. That is completely understandable and I agree PWI should have informed everyone better.

1 group believes people are going to totally quit over this, the expansion is ruined, and once again it's the big guilds who are going to dominate blah blah blah. That's lack of thinking. 40vs40 is easier on the smaller guilds than 80vs80, at least PWE tried. Big guilds would look like a bunch of losers trying to hit smaller guilds anyway. Go back to digging mats or hitting mobs or afking in arch or whatever it is you people do and shut up.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited March 2011
    Options
    um, no, speak for yourself. not everybody thinks like the kind of person who'd probably be much happier just rolling on a PvP server in the first place. there're entire guilds out there full of people who just don't share that worldview, whether you can understand their way of thinking or not.

(i'm headed for 101 myself --- slooowly, stupidly sloowly, because gaming is not my life --- since that's where the last game content i'm likely to be interested in happens and the "game" is "over", the way i define it. i have no intention of going PvP at any time. if and when i hit that point, i may still continue playing for the sake of friends and guildmates --- turning the game client into a fancy IM program, basically. but i won't go PvP at that point, because there's no attraction in it for me. if there were, i could go PvP right now, and yet i don't.)

*grins and bears teeth*
    Well, then you just admitted that
    A: you plan on quitting the game at 100
    B: you are stupid *laughs*
    C: Your saying I'm right and arguing for no reason what so ever.

So why I must ask should the dev's listen to anything you have to say about their game content and how they present it? Since (and I quote you here) "I may still continue playing for friends and guildmates turning the game client into a fancy im program."
    So if I was a dev...and Im not...where does any of that say "I can make more money fron this if I release such and such content" ............

oops, forgot something,
    I did not roll on a pvp server, because I like to farm and lvl my character in peace, that does not mean I don't understand the meaning of this game and you say their are entire guilds out there that feel the same way you do.. You may be right but they are just as wrong on their concept of how the game is designed to be played. They will be just as disapointed about the game as you are :D But for those of us that grasp the concept of it, the new release (expansion) is friggin sweet. Only thing they need to fix is the pricing of the gear in the base. Its set to what cn can afford for coin not the us version. Other then that ish gonna bee sick =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.