Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Options

Comments

• Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you don't randomly log on one day and just attack. there is certain slots available for base wars. and enrage is not going to waste a slot on some **** guild... when there is a perfectly plump one asking to be taken.

Maybe....but in order to get the materials to expand your own guild base, its a lot cheaper to bid 5mil, go in, pawn the noobs, raid the materials...than for everyone to quest to get the materials one by one, right?

Why do you think ancient civilizations in the past have sacked the smaller communities? For easy supplies, cause they were too damn lazy to get their own.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Anyone who is willing to spend 400 usd on the game WILL NOT be level 81. I know you are trying to talk big... but be realistic. with the ease of leveling... anyone who even remotely spent 100 dollars on the game should be at least level 100.

hi there, i'm a 65 veno who (according to billing.perfectworld.com) has so far spent a total of $80.00 USD on this game --- in $20.00 increments over my gaming career so far. why, exactly, should any of my eight characters be level 80?
    and finally... no one in enrage is going to give a rat's furry *** about you and your guild. to put it bluntly you are not worth any of our time.

yeah, somehow, you (or anyone) speaking for every single enrage member on that (or any other) matter doesn't entirely put my mind at ease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    One option is to get all the small faction to bid on each other and hope the random selection if favourable.

Ie: If both Enrage and small faction A bid on you. They both have a 50/50 chance of getting the war.
    If they bid it doesn't mean they are 100% guaranteed to fight you unless no one else have bid

for f***'s sake. any guild who doesn't want to get attacked by enrage (in base wars). send me 100 mil and i'll guarantee that your guild doesn't get attacked in that week.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Anyone who is willing to spend 400 usd on the game WILL NOT be level 81. I know you are trying to talk big... but be realistic. with the ease of leveling... anyone who even remotely spent 100 dollars on the game should be at least level 100.

and finally... no one in enrage is going to give a rat's furry *** about you and your guild. to put it bluntly you are not worth any of our time. how much resources do you think you can your buddies can gather? more then rad, dom, golddigs... or even drak? i highly doubt it. why waste time on a penny... when there is a perfectly good hundred dollar bill two steps away.

I wouldn't be pulling out 400 from my wallet. It would be a group decision and donation toward. We actually had a friend volunteer to put up all the money for it in general. And my level really has nothing to do with this. And in general, I'd beg to differ. Free to play, Pay to win. I'm sure if you are in Enrage, you understand how it is. I don't put that much in the game, just enough to get me by until my end game gear.

And, not to be rude, I'm not "trying to talk big" I'm trying to talk like someone who cares about their faction and doesn't want to waste their time and money.

As for Enrage not caring and the other: You can get materials from farming through the dailies. So sure, we may not have as much, but if we do it constantly and daily we will have quite a bit after a while. Give it time, and we could rack up more then you think as of right now. And it's at that point, when everyone else has lost the mats they gathered, to then look at the untouched ones and think about how much they have managed to conjure up during the time we've been left alone? We cant up front gather more then them, but if you constantly get from them, they will run lower on materials vs the ones who have been gathering since the beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maybe....but in order to get the materials to expand your own guild base, its a lot cheaper to bid 5mil, go in, pawn the noobs, raid the materials...than for everyone to quest to get the materials one by one, right?

Why do you think ancient civilizations in the past have sacked the smaller communities? For easy supplies, cause they were too damn lazy to get their own.

would i want to pay 5 mil to pwn some noobs and walk away with maybe 10 units of each of those building ****. or would i want to pay the same 5 mil to attack... lets say rad... and walk away with 1000 units of those building ****.

enrage is going to get free materials no matter what. but its just not efficient to drive a semi to pick up a single kernel of corn. when you can drive that extra 2 miles and get more corn then you can handle.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As for Enrage not caring and the other: You can get materials from farming through the dailies. So sure, we may not have as much, but if we do it constantly and daily we will have quite a bit after a while. Give it time, and we could rack up more then you think as of right now. And it's at that point, when everyone else has lost the mats they gathered, to then look at the untouched ones and think about how much they have managed to conjure up during the time we've been left alone? We cant up front gather more then them, but if you constantly get from them, they will run lower on materials vs the ones who have been gathering since the beginning.

+1

No matter how you analyze the situation, small guild's bases will eventually get raided for some reason or another and it's not fair

You really screwed the pooch on this, didn't ya PWI?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options

you know how its going to work. its going to be enrage at the top. picking off the 2nd tier guilds. while the 2nd tier guilds picks on the 3rd tier guilds... so on and so on... and eventually the nth tier guild comes and pick on you.

so yes... eventually all your precious stuff will end up in the enrage bank. but you will not have to worry about us getting it directly.

• Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    would i want to pay 5 mil to pwn some noobs and walk away with maybe 10 units of each of those building ****. or would i want to pay the same 5 mil to attack... lets say rad... and walk away with 1000 units of those building ****.

enrage is going to get free materials no matter what. but its just not efficient to drive a semi to pick up a single kernel of corn. when you can drive that extra 2 miles and get more corn then you can handle.

Kiyoshi, you are just making up really bad excuses as to why X Faction will not attack lower factions.

Just come out right and say it: All Your Base Belongs To Us.

The point of this thread isnt about Enrage, the entire world doesnt revolve around you folk. (I dont even know who the hell you people are). The point of this thread is to point out that the guild base is obviously majorly flawed, and absolutely pointless for anyone besides the top factions of the server.
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kiyoshi, you are just making up really bad excuses as to why X Faction will not attack lower factions.

The point of this thread isnt about Enrage, the entire world doesnt revolve around you folk. (I dont even know who the hell you people are). The point of this thread is to point out that the guild base is obviously majorly flawed, and absolutely pointless for anyone besides the top factions of the server.

+450

Kiyoshi now needs to walk away with his tail between his legs b4 he gets it from someone else

b:pleased
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Everyone should calm down before they see what it's even like.

The only way to destory anothers guild base is to first destroy every structure that they have, and all 4 wings.

Then you have to reduce the HP to zero.

How do you know how much damage one guild can do in one war? And there are only 2 wars a week with 5 days to donate materials and contribution to the base.

I doubt that any guild will have their base destroyed unless if it's inactive and the players do not do the daily quests that it has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options

of course everything belongs to us. and as far as i am concerned... everything revolves around me.

that one bm mentioned enrage's name more then others. so i am just saying its not enrage that he'll need to worry about. at the same time... i am not denying the fact that eventually all the materials he gathered will be in the enrage bank. its the food chain of life. he and his grassy friends doesn't have to worry about the big enrage carnivore. its the herbivore that he should be concerned with.

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL just as a said countless times. PWI caters to the high levels. i LOLed when i see the last genisis dev vid. one guy said "we reset the territory some all the guilds can have a chance at TW.........at least for a little while." i LMAOed at that statement.

i have nothing against cash shoppers or the top guilds, my gripe has always been PWI's total disregard for over all BALANCE in certain aspects of the game. with the guild bases, they once again, locked off several aspects people would love to take part in. i was looking forward to runecrafting, and the idea of paying 400 mil coin on a base only to have it taken out is stupid. (if this is true. i find it hard to believe despite the evidence) to lock out most of the players in the game from things TW and now guild bases, is stupid. i'll keep my eye on this and keep myself occupied with the new classes, but this non-sense has to stop only the guild that owns all the land can afford to have their base destroyed (as if anyone can destroy their base to begin with lol)
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Here is a question for thought. If say the one large faction for the sake of arguments lets call them "Enrage" attacks all of the smaller bases over and over again, and no one else does, whould this be considered griefing and be against the TOS and thus a bannable offense?

Now remember this is only hypothetical and that it requires Enrage to be the only one attacking everyone.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options

The only way to destory anothers guild base is to first destroy every structure that they have, and all 4 wings.

How do you know how much damage one guild can do in one war? And there are only 2 wars a week with 5 days to donate materials and contribution to the base.

I doubt that any guild will have their base destroyed unless if it's inactive and the players do not do the daily quests that it has.

Well, how does a small 65-person avg lvl ~50 guild stand up to a large TW faction? All they would have to do is find an APS BM/Sin to keep killing all the smaller guildies and everyone else just DD's the base.

I don't care how much HP each base part has, this could easily be done in the time allotted for the wars.
    of course everything belongs to us. and as far as i am concerned... everything revolves around me.

that one bm mentioned enrage's name more then others. so i am just saying its not enrage that he'll need to worry about. at the same time... i am not denying the fact that eventually all the materials he gathered will be in the enrage bank. its the food chain of life. he and his grassy friends doesn't have to worry about the big enrage carnivore. its the herbivore that he should be concerned with.

Apparently, you're nothing more than a troll here. Please go away b:quiet
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Actually guild bases suck for for any guild... war times are good only for US residents so a large part of the player base won;t be able to participate.....items u can get in guild bases aren't worth the effort( and they have some insane prices 11billions to unlock a dam wand ) and the xp u get there...come on u get hell better xp in 1 FF run...so overall guild bases aren't worth the money spent to build them(at least not as they look now...if they will do some changes maybe they will be worth building and defending)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Thank you
    +infinity there

This really isn't about Enrage as a group.

Merely about how big bad groups are going to r/\pe the baby ones due to the system PWI decided to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options

Here is a question for thought. If say the one large faction for the sake of arguments lets call them "Enrage" attacks all of the smaller bases over and over again, and no one else does, whould this be considered griefing and be against the TOS and thus a bannable offense?

Now remember this is only hypothetical and that it requires Enrage to be the only one attacking everyone.

if that happens... its counter productive for the large guild. its more beneficial to have all the small guilds... or as i would like to call them farms... on a rotation. after all... you gotta let the small farms grow some crops before you come to collect.

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, how does a small 65-person avg lvl ~50 guild stand up to a large TW faction? All they would have to do is find an APS BM/Sin to keep killing all the smaller guildies and everyone else just DD's the base.

I don't care how much HP each base part has, this could easily be done in the time allotted for the wars.

Apparently, you're nothing more than a troll here. Please go away b:quiet
    How do you know that?

Hell, just a few posts ago you were convinced that you had to have a guild base to level up rune crafting.

And, honestly, if you're a small guild with 65 members and the average level is 50........

how the HELL did you get 200mil for a guild base?

It's like I said before the expansion came out, did it ever occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe, guild bases weren't designed for every single player in the game? This content is CLEARLY aimed at endgame players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

That's not the point. People don't want to make a base and donate mats day after day so other faction can raid the mats away. That's like putting money/mats into a bottomless pit. Nobody wants to donate and farm stuff for others.

As for enrage, i doubt they are the strongest faction in base wars, and i doubt they just go after small guilds.
    It's probably drakon who's going after the small factions because like kiyoshi described, they are below in the food chain when it comes to TW guilds, but still higher then the remaining non TW factions :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How do you know that?

Hell, just a few posts ago you were convinced that you had to have a guild base to level up rune crafting.

And, honestly, if you're a small guild with 65 members and the average level is 50........

It's like I said before the expansion came out, did it ever occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe, guild bases weren't designed for every single player in the game? This content is CLEARLY aimed at endgame players in the top 1-2 Factions on every server.

Fixed that for ya
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The attacks as far as I'm aware aren't predetermined, they're RANDOM.

So every week you fight two RANDOM opponnent, so no, you don't have to fight the top guild every week.

During the declaration stage, multiple factions can attack one faction at the same time. When this stage ends (23:00, Mon and Wed), the system will randomly pick one faction as the attacker. They rest will not have the chance to attack and their paid fee will not be returned.

So yea, if your guild is even in the top 30 to 40 guilds you should be fine.

So, please, do your reasearch BEFORE you QQ.

You people make it sound like if you lose just one fight then you lose every single thing and your base is destroyed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As for enrage, i doubt they are the strongest faction in base wars, and i doubt they just go after small guilds.

there is no argument that no guild can stand up to enrage in a full 80 tw. if we drop that to the top 40... only contender is golddigs. lets face it... rad have the average gears to be somewhat a threat in tw... but they don't have many high end refines. so scaling down the numbers is only going to lower rad's threat level. dom is a bit higher with some decent long range dds but i doubt their top 40 can fend off enrage's top 40. golddigs might actually beat enrage if its 10v10 or 20v20. but base wars can have up to 40. so golddigs' top 20 is really gonna need to pull the weight of the lower 20. on the other hand... enrage should be able to field a decent 40 of +10 or above.

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what Kehrendorh said. based on what little we know right now, guild bases do not appear to be aimed at endgame players, but rather at endgame GUILDS.

pity, that probably means i'll never see the inside of one. i'd like to see all the game content eventually, but i'm not interested in joining such a guild, ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The attacks as far as I'm aware aren't predetermined, they're RANDOM.

So every week you fight two RANDOM opponnent, so no, you don't have to fight the top guild every week.

Or none. Could end up bidding on 5 and not being picked for any ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have a little question: the defender will win anything for defend successfully their base? like contirbuitons points, randoms mats or something?
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How do you know that?

It's like I said before the expansion came out, did it ever occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe, guild bases weren't designed for every single player in the game? This content is CLEARLY aimed at endgame players.

So WTH do you consider an "End Game Player" i am lvl 102, got full tt99 gear, tt100 firsts, tt99 gold dual swords, tt99 gold poleblade, tt99 green axes and i DON"T wish to PVP i prefer the PVE aspect of the game as well as the fun i have with my friends running TT, NIRVANA, etc.

Why should i not be allowed to have a faction base, becuase i don't like or want to PVP!?!b:angryb:angryb:angry
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How do you know that?

You sir are either a CS'er or just plain dumb. Cash shopping and making money at end game is simple and quite profitable (even for a wizzy) b:thanks

Also, you get items worth money for your BH's. That alone could make you upwards of 30m in a month depending on your luck and cash shopping skills

So I guess the question is... How the HELL do you NOT have 200m for a guild base? O.o

b:laugh
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm, can you not read?

I asked how a guild of 65 members with the average level of 50 got 200mil.

Last I checked level 50 wasn't endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm, can you not read?

I asked how a guild of 65 members with the average level of 50 got 200mil.

Last I checked level 50 wasn't endgame.

Well, since I am in the guild with all the ~50's, and I have the money, that's how we have 200m.

AND last time I checked, 101 is endgame

Read my posts b4 responding to them b:angry

Edit: and just because there is a few high lvl ppl in a guild dominated by 50's, doesn't mean the AVERAGE still wont be ~50 (shall i run the numbers for you to confirm or do you get the concept of averages?)
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [SIZE=toobig]
    So WTH do you consider an "End Game Player" i am lvl 102, got full tt99 gear, tt100 firsts, tt99 gold dual swords, tt99 gold poleblade, tt99 green axes and i DON"T wish to PVP i prefer the PVE aspect of the game as well as the fun i have with my friends running TT, NIRVANA, etc.

Why should i not be allowed to have a faction base, becuase i don't like or want to PVP!?!b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [/SIZE]

Whether you'd like to acknowledge it or not, the ultimate goal of this game is to become involved in something PvP-wise, otherwise we could just stop at TT90 gear because any instance can be completed with that.

The end goal of this game is PvP.
This discussion has been closed.