Someone help me figure out how this is logical.

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Or instead of only doing that on the runs you go to, setup a shop at higher than other shops and buy EVERY raps that gets sold to a catshop?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've stated in 3/4 posts that's what i'l be doing from now on :x

and i'm done posting here, i've tried to get the thread closed and even asked to let it die but it won't.

You started off saying how it was weird for the person to get a share of the mat they are buying (the error in this is that by virtue of being on the run they deserve 1/6 of the sale).

You only later said that it was odd to sell at the catshop buy price (despite the person in your example offering higher than that price).

Personally if someone is going to consume a mat I like to give them a discount for being a member of the squad. If they are buying it for resale then they pay the market price. If the market price is way too low I WC or make an offer myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've stated in 3/4 posts that's what i'l be doing from now on :x

-repeatedly slams own head against desk-

My faith in human intelligence died a little more.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What you are missing, OP, is that the potential (not guaranteed) profit the buyer may or may not make later is completely irrelevant. All that matters is the profit each squad member makes NOW. If I PM a buddy that we're about to get out of Nirvy, go set up a shop quick, and then give him/her the cash for it later, is it unfair?

Lets try to do this with a real world example. I like IRL math and economics.

Imagine you and 5 other people are co-owners (partners) of a business named [ERUT-PAR], in which you each own 1 share, which is equal to 1/6 the worth of the company.

See what i did there? b:cute

You and your partners decide that you really don't feel like running this place together anymore, and put it up for sale. Since you want to get rid of this thing NOW, you are willing to accept a low-ball offer, instead of sticking it out for full market value.

The highest offer you receive for your business is 1.5 million dollars, which, since you each own a share, means each of you gets paid 250k from the sale of the building, since that is the value of the share you hold.

You are obviously with the rest of us up to this point, but here's where you are missing something;

One of your partners decides he actually likes running [ERUT-PAR] after all, so he offers to buy the shares the other 5 of you own at 260k each, which makes the "buying cost" of the business now **1.56 million dollars... meaning the 5 partners he bought out now earned an EXTRA 60k each, that you would not have had before! The buyer technically only paid 1.3 mill (260k x 5) , because he ALREADY OWNED A 1/6 SHARE, and therefore did not have to buy himself out.

How is that unfair?

TL;DR version: You made MORE than you would have had you sold it to a nearby cat shop. What are you complaining about?

ETA: I think I realized where you are getting hung up. He handed the bank the full cost of all 6 shares, which was then divided up among the six. If he had alternately given the bank the value of the 5 "shares" he was purchasing, then dropped squad, the resulting payment to each remaining "selling" member would have been the same, but none would have gone "back" to him, which, I think, is what you seem to have a problem with.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    All I know is ... I am very glad that my catshop at RT gets a lot of business, AND my runs let me buy Rapts when I want them. With the OP in my party its like .. doing runs to make money just to BUY mats I was doing the runs for. Now that, is what is not logical to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    -repeatedly slams own head against desk-

My faith in human intelligence died a little more.
    Actually, SaiIorMoon's statement that they'd now be buying the Rap, rather than complaining about it being unfair for somebody else to buy it, makes perfect sense.

That's basically what merchanting is. When you see more value in something than others do, you buy it and re-sell it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Actually, SaiIorMoon's statement that they'd now be buying the Rap, rather than complaining about it being unfair for somebody else to buy it, makes perfect sense.

That's basically what merchanting is. When you see more value in something than others do, you buy it and re-sell it.

The problem (at least as far as anyone squadding him is concerned) is that he doesn't appear to be doing that for the "right" reasons. He's not planning to merchant because he sees an opportunity, and he still doesn't appear to understand _why_ buying buying from the squad and reselling is fair. Instead, he appears to plan to merchant just so that he can "do the ****".

It's his point of view and his attitude toward squadmates that is more of a problem than his being bad at math... Or her, I guess - too lazy to go back and edit all my pronouns...
  • Sanae_K - Heavens Tear
    Sanae_K - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The majority of the posters here are wrong, SaiIorMoon is correct and sees something that most of you don't.

From a mathematical standpoint, yes, the end result is the same regardless of whether you sell to a catshop or to the squad member. The monetary value is the same.

However, from the BUYER'S PERSPECTIVE ONLY, they realize an implicit benefit, which is the privilege of buying a rapture at the catshop buy price, rather than the catshop sell price. If you want to obtain raptures to upgrade to nirvana for example, you can:

a) Buy from catshop selling it at ~1.8m

or

b) Run a nirvana, buy it at the catshop buy price of ~1.5m, and get a cut of it back (which is what you deserve for going on the run).

For simplicity sake, let's say you value a rapture at 1.8m, which happens to be the selling price. You are getting a 300k discount that you otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

This is what you call smart shopping.

*edit

To clarify, the well being of the rest of the squad is unaffected by the buyer's actions. They do not get any benefit at the expense of the squad. From an economics standpoint, the buyer realizes a consumer surplus because suddenly a rapture is available for 1.5m when they are willing to buy at 1.8m.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The majority of the posters here are wrong, SaiIorMoon is correct and sees something that most of you don't.

From a mathematical standpoint, yes, the end result is the same regardless of whether you sell to a catshop or to the squad member. The monetary value is the same.

However, from the BUYER'S PERSPECTIVE ONLY, they realize an implicit benefit, which is the privilege of buying a rapture at the catshop buy price, rather than the catshop sell price. If you want to obtain raptures to upgrade to nirvana for example, you can:

a) Buy from catshop selling it at ~1.8m

or

b) Run a nirvana, buy it at the catshop buy price of ~1.5m, and get a cut of it back (which is what you deserve for going on the run).

For simplicity sake, let's say you value a rapture at 1.8m, which happens to be the selling price. You are getting a 300k discount that you otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

And this is where you went wrong. The _value_ of this particular rapture is not the hypothetical price of 1.8 million. The value of this particular rapture to the squad is the highest price they can sell it for at that time to accommodate the split. Read that line again, as it is the key to understanding why the OP didn't get screwed, much as she seems to feel that she did.

What the OP sees is a perceived injustice based on a false assumption, that the item is worth more than the buyer paid for it. If the item was truly worth 1.8 mil to the squad, given the need to split the proceeds from the sale, then they would've sold it for 1.8 mil. The OP acknowledges that the buyer actually paid more for it than the squad would've gotten from the cat shop, so the squad got a greater benefit from selling to the squadmate than they would've by selling to the catshop.
  • Sanae_K - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    And this is where you went wrong. The _value_ of this particular rapture is not the hypothetical price of 1.8 million. The value of this particular rapture to the squad is the highest price they can sell it for at that time to accommodate the split.
    Wrong, the market value of the rapture is 1.8m, which is the presumably the lowest selling price. If you want to obtain one without setting up shop, you have to pay 1.8m

The value of the rapture to the squad, is the highest price they can sell it for. Yes, you are correct. This is usually the buying price in the cat shop, which is lower than the selling price
    What the OP sees is a perceived injustice based on a false assumption, that the item is worth more than the buyer paid for it. If the item was truly worth 1.8 mil to the squad, given the need to split the proceeds from the sale, then they would've sold it for 1.8 mil. The OP acknowledges that the buyer actually paid more for it than the squad would've gotten from the cat shop, so the squad got a greater benefit from selling to the squadmate than they would've by selling to the catshop.

No, the point here is that the item is worth more in the buyer's eyes, not to the entire squad. If you don't have a need to buy raptures, you will not value it at 1.8m.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2011

However, from the BUYER'S PERSPECTIVE ONLY, they realize an implicit benefit, which is the privilege of buying a rapture at the catshop buy price, rather than the catshop sell price.
    I agree, which is why I have at least partially defended SaiIorMoon.

However, the value is only there if you can make use of it, and such situational value isn't, in my opinion, ever worth arguing over, because you simply shouldn't expect to get a free piece of somebody else's business.

If a buyer happens to want that Rap, then lucky them that they can get slightly more value than the others in the team. However, if the other players have no intention of buying Raps, then why should they benefit from the buyer's situational benefit that only exists because they want to buy in the first place?

For example, I once had a friend that started getting jealous because I was offering to buy Honey Juice from him for 3k each, but then re-selling it for 5k. Now, I thought I was doing him a favour, since Honey Juice can be found easily for 2k, but he started eying my profits and begin to feel entitled to a "fair" split of 50%, so he started grumbling about how I was earning 2k and he was getting only 1k.

In other words, he wanted a bigger cut of my situational benefit that only existed because I had gone to the effort of creating it.

In the end I simply told him to forget the whole thing, that I was abandoning my Honey Juice cat-shop, and that if he wanted to set-up in my place to feel free. Of course he didn't, because that would require the merchanting discipline that I possessed and he lacked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wrong, the market value of the rapture is 1.8m, which is the presumably the lowest selling price. If you want to obtain one without setting up shop, you have to pay 1.8m

The value of the rapture to the squad, is the highest price they can sell it for. Yes, you are correct. This is usually the buying price in the cat shop, which is lower than the selling price

No, the point here is that the item is worth more in the buyer's eyes, not to the entire squad. If you don't have a need to buy raptures, you will not value it at 1.8m.

Like Asterelle and WarrenWolfy (and many others) said, if you believe the rapture could be sold for more, why not do so? Instead of complaining on the forums about a perceived injustice, you should be buying up the rapture and reselling it at a profit.

It makes absolutely no sense if you, at the point of sales, are be able to deduce that the buyer is ripping you off and will be able to resell the rapture at a higher price later on, and still follow through with the transaction.

A rational person would realise there is profit to be made, and either purchase the rapture themself and resell it, or raise the price of the rapture to the buyer.

Either way, the onus is on you to make the right decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So.. basically Sanae_K and SailorMoon is arguing that we should sell to a random catshop at 1.4m(or less) instead of selling it to a team member at 1.4m (or more), just to make sure that the opportunity to merchant is not given to anyone in the squad, but rather, given to that random catshop and let that catshop profit!! b:laugh
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So.. basically Sanae_K and SailorMoon is arguing that we should sell to a random catshop at 1.4m(or less) instead of selling it to a team member at 1.4m (or more), just to make sure that the opportunity to merchant is not given to anyone in the squad, but rather, given to that random catshop and let that catshop profit!! b:laugh

hum, more like that the opportunity to resell the rap should be shared with the squad.
    well, that could be done if the buyer sells the rap and then send the extra money (or demand extra money if the price drops)
    oh, but he should get some sort of reward for doing all these and not investing the cash in something else.

brain****? :b
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Sanae_K - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    However, the value is only there if you can make use of it, and such situational value isn't, in my opinion, ever worth arguing over, because you simply shouldn't expect to get a free piece of somebody else's business.
    The value is always present for the buyer because of the fact that they want to use it for re-sell or for nirvana. If they believe that it can be resold sometime later for 1.8m, and eventually do, they still gain the 300k, but in order to realize this gain in coins, they have to take time to sell it. If they use it, they got the crystal for 300k cheaper.
    Like Asterelle and WarrenWolfy (and many others) said, if you believe the rapture could be sold for more, why not do so? Instead of complaining on the forums about a perceived injustice, you should be buying up the rapture and reselling it at a profit.
    Well sure, you can take time to set up shop and find a buyer who will buy for higher price. But, people are generally impatient and just want the coins immediately so they sell at lower price. This is to the advantage of the buyer.

*edit
    No, I am not arguing for that. I am simply stating that it is in everyone's best interest to buy the rapture if possible. I mean, if you're really that opposed to having one person profit, then threaten to just sell it to the catshop (since it makes no difference to the squad) or force them to pay a premium.
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2011

And people are calling me ****... b:beatup

Please go re-read the last 14 pages, that is not at all what I'm saying.

What I am saying is however, like Okeano said, someone is going to profit, I understand this. However, I don't feel like someone should if you looked at it a certain way, get paid to buy it lol.

Just for the record, exploiting "the right way" in a 6 man squad, has allowed me to buy raps at 1.2million (catshop at 1.4-1.5) and uncannies at 350k (catshop at 410-420k) all night, so I thank you guys and "your" logic. :) ~7-8 Raps and ~20 uncannies.

Meaning if you haven't figured this out yet, I made in 4/5 runs, 6.2million MORE coins on those 4 runs than my squad mates...I mean really, I don't even think they made 3million total...

God bless your logic. x_x
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i'm really happy for you sailormoon and i'm gonna let you finish but if you think that you havent done more than the rest of your squad mates, people have every right to call you retardedb:cute
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    i'm really happy for you sailormoon and i'm gonna let you finish but if you think that you havent done more than the rest of your squad mates, people have every right to call you retardedb:cute

Wrong avatar?

And while a shop spent an extra 30minutes while I did nothing different than them, e.g. run more nirvana, this thread isn't about that, this thread is about if you want the mat, well, by golligee buy the mat, don't get everything everyone else gets AND the mat.

But it'd ok, I'll just keep going by you guy's rules and make a bigger profit, than my catshop even does. :)

Thought by making this, someone of you might be able to realize what exactly is happening in your own squads but it seems, for the most part you'd rather over look or not bother making a bigger profit, in a coin rewarded instance... I mean hell, if this was about going into frost and get the same exact amount of experience as everyone else + an extra boss everyone would be like zomg tells me nao pleeaseeeeee. MOAR EXPERIENCE, ALL MINEz nommmnomnom.
  • _grindata - Heavens Tear
    _grindata - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    from reading this i remembered once not too long ago i found some one selling raptures for 450k each so i bought them up and resold at 1.6 each big misclick on there part :)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Didn't feel like going thru the multitude of pages (stopped at 3)

But if you still haven't gotten it through your thick *** brain SaiIorMoon, then here's another example.

Let's say the boss drops 1.5m. Just that. NO ITEMS. You pick it up. Everyone that participated gets 250k.

Does that part make sense? If it does, then continue reading.

The Rapture is 1.5m. Since it's not in physical coin form, a squad mate decides to BE the person turning it into coin.

Insert Rapture => Get out 1.5m. So now the Rapture magically turned into 1.5m.

You pick it up. What does everyone that participated get? 250k.

If that didn't make sense, then I agree with Ursa, you have no hope.

But, if your question that you're asking is somewhere along the lines of:

How come he gets the 250k back when he could sell the rapture for 1.8m?

Then that's either a simple merchanting item a person can claim in the squad, or the person who is paying for the rapture needs it.

In other words, why don't you be the person paying for the rapture?
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Basically...

The squad member who's buying it gets a 'discount' - because he also had put the effort into farming the rapture too.

So say the rapture is 1.8 mil, and say no one in the squad was buying it. Someone sells it to a cat shop, sells it for 1.8 mil, then drops the 1.8 mil on the floor, picks it up and it automatically divides it amongst 6 ppl in the squad (full squad) that's 300k for each person. In this situation, no one is at loss or at any extra benefits.

However, if someone in the squad wants to buy it for 1.8 mil, the buyer drops 1.8 mil, and picks it up. Everyone will get 300k just the same as selling it to a cat shop.But this time, the buyer who's part of the squad gets a discount. He drops 1.8 mil, he gets back 300k. Therefore he gets a 300k profit, at a pay of 1500000 => 1.5 mil.

So in conclusion; paying for your the material you farm would cost you less if you were to buy raptures in a cat shop for 1.8mil or w/e.

This is a reason why why people ask if they mind buying the raptures/cannies they farmed together or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LesBionic - Archosaur
    LesBionic - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The sheer idiocy of this thread and the starter makes me emerge from the shadow of "Stop Playing PWI" zone. ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!
    And people are calling me ****... b:beatup

Nobody will dare to say that directly. Only you are calling yourself that.

Please go re-read the last 14 pages, that is not at all what I'm saying.

What I am saying is however, like Okeano said, someone is going to profit, I understand this. However, I don't feel like someone should if you looked at it a certain way, get paid to buy it lol.

Just for the record, exploiting "the right way" in a 6 man squad, has allowed me to buy raps at 1.2million (catshop at 1.4-1.5) and uncannies at 350k (catshop at 410-420k) all night, so I thank you guys and "your" logic. :) ~7-8 Raps and ~20 uncannies.

Meaning if you haven't figured this out yet, I made in 4/5 runs, 6.2million MORE coins on those 4 runs than my squad mates...I mean really, I don't even think they made 3million total...

God bless your logic. x_x

Please do not think so highly of yourself. This "exploit" is what normal, intelligent players do. I am not going to explain, illustrate, quote, emphasize, for instance, portray all the simple examples given by other posters for the past 14 pages, whether taking about your oh-so-mighty i-hate-logical-loot-dividing or derailing with youtube videos.

I look it in another way. Sure, you buy raps at 1.2M, the other 5 party players share YOUR 1.2M payment = 240k (if this is the case). Now go sell your raps to the catshop for 1.5M. You get 300k. You get (300000-240000=80000) a whooping 80k more coins than your party members with all the extra hard work!Of course if you can waste x hours and find a shop wanting a rap for 2M, you will get 800k!

The other 5 party members are laughing at you as they had farm another x number of raps and get another 250k~300k per rap easily by selling to you while you plow through the instances with them and try to hoard them and find buyers while having your bank depleted of coins. AND while you waste your time looking through catshops trying to sell them (or set up catshop yourself), the other 5 members (without you) get another random number of raps and uncannies to sell to others for even more $$$. Of course if you play on one computer and set up catshop on another then I have nothing to say.

So, your 6.2million is just an asset, while the other 5 members are in coins. Unless you can sell those 6.2million worth of stuff, they are still asset. Who knows suddenly you will need the coins and have to sell them at a loss, or used them for what ever reasons, ended up poorer then the other 5 members, who get richer from more instances farming. And if you use them up, please do not think you paid less for them (1.2M from you vs 1.5M from random catshops), since you did run through the instances with them, and you deserve that price.

Finally, do not expect such a thread to be closed. Players like you need to be pinpoint and scorned to the fullest, especially after so many posters give meaningful insights to you. I am still surprised there are still players PUGing with you after this thread. Surely word of mouth spreads fast in game.
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Oh, I'm well aware of that. What's killing my faith in human intelligence is that she still thinks she's somehow getting the better end of the deal compared to her squadmates. She seems unable to comprehend the fact that whatever she paid (the total, not 5/6 of the cost) for the rapture has to be taken out of the the price she resold it for even if she did get her split of the rapture.

Let's assume that it takes 30 minutes for her squad to finish a nirvana run and then find someone willing to buy the rapture she paid 1.4 mil for. Let's also assume that she can consistently find someone willing to pay 2 mil for the rapture so she makes a 600k profit. Now she thinks that she has to then add her split to the profit so she'd have an 833k total profit but seems to forget that everyone else in her squad got the same split so in comparison it's as if she doesn't have that 233k at all.

The only benefit she gets is that she can resell the rapture on her own so she doesn't need to split the profit. Honestly though, I could make twice as much on a good day in about the same amount of time with far less effort (can't put in less effort than being afk).
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    someone needs to read this thread all over agian..many times too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Basically...

The squad member who's buying it gets a 'discount' - because he also had put the effort into farming the rapture too.

CatShop price is the absolute highest price they're going to get without having a buyer lined up or spending the same amount of time as that catshop who sits there afk all day long. Therefore, in my eyes, SOMEONE BUYING IT AT CATSHOP BUY PRICE IS GETTING A DISCOUNT OR PRIVILEDGE, and then on top of that, THEY'RE ALSO GETTING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS AS THE OTHER PLAYERS...
    I look it in another way. Sure, you buy raps at 1.2M, the other 5 party players share YOUR 1.2M payment = 240k (if this is the case). Now go sell your raps to the catshop for 1.5M. You get 300k. You get (300000-240000=80000) a whooping 80k more coins than your party members with all the extra hard work!Of course if you can waste x hours and find a shop wanting a rap for 2M, you will get 800k!

The other 5 party members are laughing at you as they had farm another x number of raps and get another 250k~300k per rap easily by selling to you while you plow through the instances with them and try to hoard them and find buyers while having your bank depleted of coins. AND while you waste your time looking through catshops trying to sell them (or set up catshop yourself), the other 5 members (without you) get another random number of raps and uncannies to sell to others for even more $$$. Of course if you play on one computer and set up catshop on another then I have nothing to say.
    So, your 6.2million is just an asset, while the other 5 members are in coins. Unless you can sell those 6.2million worth of stuff, they are still asset. Who knows suddenly you will need the coins and have to sell them at a loss, or used them for what ever reasons, ended up poorer then the other 5 members, who get richer from more instances farming. And if you use them up, please do not think you paid less for them (1.2M from you vs 1.5M from random catshops), since you did run through the instances with them, and you deserve that price.

Buying ~20million in NV mats, would never "deplete" my bank, and I always leave some coins unused in case a great deal comes up, or I feel like wasting money on something stupid, such the lvl 30 dual sword.
    Oh, I'm well aware of that. What's killing my faith in human intelligence is that she still thinks she's somehow getting the better end of the deal compared to her squadmates. She seems unable to comprehend the fact that whatever she paid (the total, not 5/6 of the cost) for the rapture has to be taken out of the the price she resold it for even if she did get her split of the rapture.

Let's assume that it takes 30 minutes for her squad to finish a nirvana run and then find someone willing to buy the rapture she paid 1.4 mil for. Let's also assume that she can consistently find someone willing to pay 2 mil for the rapture so she makes a 600k profit. Now she thinks that she has to then add her split to the profit so she'd have an 833k total profit but seems to forget that everyone else in her squad got the same split so in comparison it's as if she doesn't have that 233k at all.

^ I do not think that I add my 233k from the run to come up with my total profit over theirs. o_o What I am saying is that, I can make ~800k per rapture while the others are only making, the mere 233k..
    Also, using you guy's perfectly logical squad split, I can easily drop the price of raptures and undercut EVERY other catshop, because I got an extra 233k to buy it from the squad. You can look at that 2 ways, take your sell it price, 1.8 million for examples sake, - 1.4million (buy it)=.4million/400k, now add your 233k and you get 633k TOTAL from that rapture, or you could just simply say, well I got the rapture for 1.4million-233k=1.17million, now choose how much you would like to make off that rapture TOTAL.

Therefore majority of shops selling for 1.7-1.9 million, boom undercut sell it at 1.6 which is almost what they're buying at and you still make ~200k more over your squad. Given someone had enough keys saved up AND coins, they could single handedly control the NV mat prices for a period of time, and there really isn't anyone could do about it.
    The only benefit she gets is that she can resell the rapture on her own so she doesn't need to split the profit. Honestly though, I could make twice as much on a good day in about the same amount of time with far less effort (can't put in less effort than being afk).

1. "On a good day," given your name, I'd say you don't have too many of those.
    2. This is exactly what I'm doing, afk on the shop, while I do something on this account
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    /facepalm

How on earth did you ever get 10x.

Kiddies and common sense these days...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    /facepalm

How on earth did you ever get 10x.

Kiddies and common sense these days...

Just to point it out, lvling =/= intelligence.

/inb4thisthreadprovesit.

Add something of relevance or stop bumping it so it can die.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011

/inb4thisthreadprovesit.

it won't die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011

/inb4thisthreadprovesit.

So then, specifically, how do you think the split should be, so that its as fair as possible to everyone
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2011

/inb4thisthreadprovesit.

So, do you understand how this works fairly yet? b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.