Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

1222324252628»

Comments

• Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    the guide is decent if you are not gonna put any coins into your armor but if you are i still say you go full int with pdef stones in your armor and if you can manage replace the pdef stones with vit stones(not hp stones, there is a difference)
  • blackmagicc
    blackmagicc Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    so guys basically light armour mage is better for PVP than full INT mage?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    so guys basically light armour mage is better for PVP than full INT mage?

no.
    /10char
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Heaven is useless on a mage. I have werefoxes in my guild. Period.

Heaven is just... ****. You do it for vigor but you don't even get that much vigor compared. Instead you lose the 50% bonus on earth barrier, you lose the casting speed bonuses (which are why you go Devil - not the damage bonus, which you are right about for once), and you get laughed at for the rest of your mage career for being an idiot.

In Conqueror, where there's no such thing as teamwork, I can understand. But in a real guild, foxes send vigor to mages, and we don't need angel :3

^I bet he never got Earth barrier.
    lilly90 wrote: »
    Pandy , look i'll make it very clear,no flaming intended,, you are not a hell mage,, or a heaven one,,you never played a hell mage or a heaven one,,so stop saying one is better than the other till you try ,,because you cant judge anything by just reading,,and the 50% bonus you get at level 99 and you have to farm for it,,goodluck ! you'll need it.

^It does drop in Fb99 but learn at 89.
    You're dumb.

Shields are 89 books.

Stop posting.

www.ecatomb.net before you post.

Irony is that Haiz got his in BH99 For Free, I was there b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Meltdown - Dreamweaver
    Meltdown - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks a lot for posting, very useful guide :D
  • KevinSkrrder - Heavens Tear
    KevinSkrrder - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks so much for writing this guide.
  • Lannz - Raging Tide
    Lannz - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love this guide b:victory
  • arion700
    arion700 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:chuckle hey whoever is the wizard..can you tell me what genie is best for a wizard and why? :D
  • MasterShi - Dreamweaver
    MasterShi - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    you're about 1.5 years late, lol
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    pandora, the biuld section of your guide is fckn perfect, nice job. (light armor rock shield wizard)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • CuteG - Sanctuary
    CuteG - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Pandora, I viewed the armor you have and noticed that you don't use -channeling gear. Why? I thought it is very important in PvP.
    By the way, I'm farming for my TT90 Light armor now, but Im thinking of using arcane sleeves for more Magic ressistance and -channeling time. What do you think?

P.S.
    Sorry for my bad english.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Pandora stopped playing ages ago. His guide is horribly outdated.
    He will not respond to your questions.
    Light Armor is bad.

Let this guide die.. it had its days but the game he played is very different from what pwi is today.
  • MoistNess - Lost City
    MoistNess - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I disagree Adroit. Ok, from what my friends tell me, after 90 Arcane is a better (although i know a LA wiz level 100 and he loves it) But i tested both arcane and LA and so far have found LA to be significantly more enjoyable, particularly in PVE (survivabiity is about twice as high IMO) but also in PVP against any class that deals physical damage.

The fact of the matter is, wizards before 90 suck balls in 1v1 pvp (unless your an RPK ganker, but then any noob can gank). Without 2 sparks, guaranteed your gonna get pwned by clerics, BM's, Sins, psychs, Arcane venos (or any veno with nix), Tiger form barbs... so in other words, almost every other class in the game. (I am talking about people who know how to play their class by the way, not failtards). Even WITH 2 sparks your gonna have a lot of trouble until you get Undine strike (at 79) So you might as well play light armor for the PVE enjoyability... I was soloing elite mobs in BH's with my LA... try THAT with robes!

In Frost your dealing a little less damage so you are less likely to pull agro and even if you DO pull agro you can take twice as many hits (at least).

So if your only talking about post 90 then fine, arcane... but some of us want to enjoy the journey to end game, not simply oracle/frost to 100 for an endgame experience that may not even be that great.

b:victory
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Moist, this PvP guide is terribly out of date. Too many things have changed since he posted this. Just way too many things, and too many gear items and tactics/genie skills etc. The guide may still have credibility, but it is out of date.

LA is good pre 90, yes. However, you talk about soloing elite mobs in BHs because you're LA. Truth is, even at LA a bad-decent geared person will have trouble doing that unless they are lucky or skilled. An arcane wizard can solo those mobs as well if they know what they're doing. Hell, even when I was a puny wiz I could solo mobs in BH..but wait, I'm arcane?

Ever tried soloing Blackhole as a wizard without getting hit once, and not running at all? It's quite fun xP

Wait..this is a PvP guide. Why did you bring up PvE benefits here?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I disagree Adroit. Ok, from what my friends tell me, after 90 Arcane is a better (although i know a LA wiz level 100 and he loves it) But i tested both arcane and LA and so far have found LA to be significantly more enjoyable, particularly in PVE (survivabiity is about twice as high IMO) but also in PVP against any class that deals physical damage.

The fact of the matter is, wizards before 90 suck balls in 1v1 pvp (unless your an RPK ganker, but then any noob can gank). Without 2 sparks, guaranteed your gonna get pwned by clerics, BM's, Sins, psychs, Arcane venos (or any veno with nix), Tiger form barbs... so in other words, almost every other class in the game. (I am talking about people who know how to play their class by the way, not failtards). Even WITH 2 sparks your gonna have a lot of trouble until you get Undine strike (at 79) So you might as well play light armor for the PVE enjoyability... I was soloing elite mobs in BH's with my LA... try THAT with robes!

In Frost your dealing a little less damage so you are less likely to pull agro and even if you DO pull agro you can take twice as many hits (at least).

So if your only talking about post 90 then fine, arcane... but some of us want to enjoy the journey to end game, not simply oracle/frost to 100 for an endgame experience that may not even be that great.

LA has nowhere near double the survivability. As a matter of fact, if you were to put all the points in vit that you would have put in str/dex for LA.. you can have more survivability with arcane than LA (I don't recommend this however). Pandora wasn't around to experience genies.. BHs.. orcales.. hypers (or even frost as we know it).. readily available end game gear.. the boutique and gold prices of today.. blessings.. even tideborn (and earthguard that will be coming out soon). This game has been TOTALLY revamped since back in the day.. and it really shows.

All of his talk about leveling is obsolete. PvP is a TOTALLY different game at 100+, genies have also totally changed tactics and focuses etc etc. It's hardly even recognizable honestly. I could go on and on.. but I'm hoping you are getting the point. The guide was actually quite good when it was written, and their may still be a few tid bits that are useful for today, but the guide as a whole is horribly outdated/wrong on today's standards.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yes the guide is outdated but the way things are explained follow certain logics. Even if Pandoras point of view comes from a pre tideborn period of time at least the skill description part is ok

greetz harm0wnie
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011

you're wrong on sooo many friggin levels it's not even funny to try to explain why and where.
    I'm going to explain in a few words though: LA pre90 is acceptable. Even HA is. No one cares really. You could be running around naked or with rank1 armor on you.
    In pvp you don't count. PERIOD. Rank8 even slightly refine is better than Lunar+10. Every decent player out there has r8. You don't have it, you don't exist.
    Endgame AA beats LA hands down on every possible and impossible level. R8 brings top and pants and r9...well...it's just OP.
    STOP FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE. It was awesome for the state of the game 1.5 years ago. Nothing, except skill description, applies anymore. NOTHING

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ah good times. I remember reading this guide back when I was 6x and still deciding to stick with arcane on my mage. I liked his skill descriptions and input though imho.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hm so maybe we need a new wiz guide but maybe it would be a good decision to wait with writing a guide after the expansion. Furthermore the question remains who will write such a guide

greetz harm0wnie
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    yeah, the guide was awesome for that state of the game.
    I even rolled a LA wiz up to 34 on Sanct before DW opened. But I was sooo dissap. of the dmg output I rolled AA on DW. Best choice I could have ever made.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    whoever does write the guide can't be a "game is dead" person though, ijs b:avoid
  • GrayFB - Harshlands
    GrayFB - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    To follow a light build, your STR and DEX must be your level +4, and 3 int every level.

Can u explain this please ? i can`t understand how to put the stats. You mean that if im lvl 37 i need to have 37 dex / str and 3 int every lvl ? O_O
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you are level 37, following a Light-Armoured Build, you should have 41 Dex and Str, with everything else into Mag.

3MAG/1STR/1DEX Per Level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    to follow this build (LA) now you need to be a bit stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not too bad. I would suggest changes but that usually leads to flaming. Good ideas though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not too bad. I would suggest changes but that usually leads to flaming. Good ideas though.

your really just reading this for the 1st time now? I would hope there should be some changes since this guide was made 2.5 years ago.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    /unsticky this pls?
    i like potato
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Outdated - closing in case of a future necro.
This discussion has been closed.