Any Venos worried Mystics will make us obsolete?

Options

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    while i dont think, mystic can replace some class completely - it may be tempting, to take just mystic to nirvana run and **** other casters.
    same for other -easy enough- instances.
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Honestly I dont see Mystics making venos useless. I actually see them being a good combo with Seekers, and mystics being a good combo with clerics, simply due to skill sets and play styles.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Hesperus - Dreamweaver_1320829159
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure about my own thoughts about this. It's like Tideborn about to come, some people worried about psychic might replace Wiz & Cleric or Sin to replace EA/BM. What happened is Psychic can't replace cleric, but yes to Wiz (in my opinion) but they cost more MP than Wiz or EA to DD. There's another story goes with Sin... they can replace EA but they aren't long ranged class so for some Bosses with close range AOE they will just there and get damaged, unlike EA.

Every class has its own +/- depending on what do you want, need, or how do you play.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure about my own thoughts about this. It's like Tideborn about to come, some people worried about psychic might replace Wiz & Cleric or Sin to replace EA/BM. What happened is Psychic can't replace cleric, but yes to Wiz (in my opinion) but they cost more MP than Wiz or EA to DD. There's another story goes with Sin... they can replace EA but they aren't long ranged class so for some Bosses with close range AOE they will just there and get damaged, unlike EA.

Every class has its own +/- depending on what do you want, need, or how do you play.

how is your psychic running out of mana? I rarely use potions on mine provided you have cleric buffs. It simply does not suck enough mana PVE wise to not be replenished by your mana recovery and sparks.
  • BeccaD - Heavens Tear
    BeccaD - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Honestly I dont see Mystics making venos useless. I actually see them being a good combo with Seekers, and mystics being a good combo with clerics, simply due to skill sets and play styles.

Agreedb:victory
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    psy has a aoe heal that's like IH but its only to help if needed.

that's the only heal psychics have though as far as I'm aware, mystics have 4 i think, 1 HoT that activates when HP reaches a certain %, 1 aoe heal, 1 single heal (like wellspring) and a "trap" pet that sits there constantly aoe healing in 1 spot even though it has a small radius,

Though I've said before, mystics wont replace clerics definitely, just make there job a ton easier and/or be a secondary healer if clerics cant be found for specific dungeons, veno's though that's going to be a tough cookie and no point debating until we actually see high level mystics in action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Venos need to get their heads out of their butts and realize that just because another class gets to have "pets" does not mean that you'll be replaced.

You act like all you are is just a pet with a pretty little cat/fox/deer/bat following behind. Does it say "Baby Hercules's Venomancer" above your head? No? I didn't think so.

"Onoes! They can has pets and heals and boofz. We are useless. QQQ". The thing that makes the veno unique, beside the pet, are your fox skills. The debuffs from Fox Form are unmatched. Purge, Amp, Chi Drain, 40% reduce channeling speed, 70% accuracy reduction, freeze, Mana drain, and Myriad Rainbow. So many venos ignore this part of their character, when it's half of what makes a Veno what they are, and not just a wood Wizard with a pet.

You are, first and foremost, a DEBUFF class. So I highly doubt that a SUPPORT class that happens to also have pets will replace you...unless of course, you only have pet heal/revive/food hotkeyed.

/nerdrage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Asduf - Heavens Tear
    Asduf - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Derressh above is right, of all the posts we know about Mystics, veno's have the least to worry about. It's potentially possible that Mystic summons are better (if your gear is amazing), but they don't have the debuffs to compete that's a veno's main draw. Clerics might have more to deal with, since it looks like mystics can cast an trap heal, and while that repeatedly heals, also alternate between any of their other heals which combined may or may not be more than a cleric can do, although they lack a bit of the buffing and ressing skills of a cleric.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that's the only heal psychics have though as far as I'm aware, mystics have 4 i think, 1 HoT that activates when HP reaches a certain %, 1 aoe heal, 1 single heal (like wellspring) and a "trap" pet that sits there constantly aoe healing in 1 spot even though it has a small radius,

Though I've said before, mystics wont replace clerics definitely, just make there job a ton easier and/or be a secondary healer if clerics cant be found for specific dungeons, veno's though that's going to be a tough cookie and no point debating until we actually see high level mystics in action.
    Good post. I can see mystics being a cleric sub for certain dungeons where people wouldn't need a constant ironheart or any stream. However, unless they can hit for the physical damage a veno can deal or anywhere near the DPS it can dish out, as well as the debuffs, it's certainly not gonna replace a veno.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Who gives a ****? *Points to sig*b:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tigerbarb
    tigerbarb Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    . They may be nice to have as back up, but wont fill out the important role venos have in squads, Don't worry too much b:victory

Samething they said about sins.......b:angry and look now you cant even get a sq for any instance without ppl wanting 2 or more sins in it.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tigerbarb wrote: »
    Samething they said about sins.......b:angry and look now you cant even get a sq for any instance without ppl wanting 2 or more sins in it.

lookin for sins, or 5.0aps sins? o.O and yes, there is a difference

O.o but i agree, all those 5.0 aps mystics will probly take over squads b:surrenderb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Anthemyra - Archosaur
    Anthemyra - Archosaur Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i believe mystics will be in demand a lot, becouse they are able to replace for a short while some of the clases (veno, clerics, wizz) but they will not replace any of them completly, prob. will be something like ... "we have 1 more spot for dd in squad .. lets get a mystic just in case......." i'm not sure but i dont think they will be able to solo instances as easy and cheap as veno can... so i'm not worried at all ... anyway ... i'll make a mystic to at some point .. but first i'll try the seeker ... because ... i dont have any mele class in my collection XD
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The moment a Mystic goes to FB with me and tries to out do me will be when I summon my biggest pet, point to the distant corner of the dungeon -- shrieking *OH NO THE BOSS IS COMING*... and *POOF* Mystic disappears....

Everyone looks back at me - I say.. oh my bad.. laggggg... and a few notice my pet has a bit of cloth sticking out of its mouth.....

I will swear the Mystic DC'ed...

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    In certain situations yes I can see them replacing a Veno, because lets be honest a Veno isn't a must have Squad member in most cases now a days .
    So depending on what a squad needs will decide which class is used. But the same could be said for a Mystic replacing a Psyc in a squad or a seeker replacing a Bm/Archer etc.

It will all depend on the circumstance rather than a Veno " never " being wanted again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The moment a Mystic goes to FB with me and tries to out do me will be when I summon my biggest pet, point to the distant corner of the dungeon -- shrieking *OH NO THE BOSS IS COMING*... and *POOF* Mystic disappears....

Everyone looks back at me - I say.. oh my bad.. laggggg... and a few notice my pet has a bit of cloth sticking out of its mouth.....

I will swear the Mystic DC'ed...

b:victory

b:chuckle Made me laugh! Nice way of putting it there :p
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Amp & Purge.

2 things that makes me look down on those filthy Mystics b:chuckle
    They will act as Jack of all trades support, but replace Veno? never.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeruthieI - Harshlands
    BeruthieI - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Already no one wants a veno in their squad, except for nirvana. I pmed 100500 fc party leaders who start to wc with "making fc squad, pm class and lvl". NO ONE invited my veno, ever. As if venos don't need fc.
    Its not a problem for a veno to be useful, because veno herself is useful despite all new features, its a problem with you people. Its is YOU who never invites a veno in their squads. You can now write more and more about how good a veno is, but log in to the game and see how does it looks like in fact. Its is horrible, already horrible without even mystics. All theory that you give is totally crashed by the current situation.
    + 2 more classes come, no squad slots increase=venos doomedb:cry, they are already in hell with all these stinky fishes, but earthguards will just make them dieb:cry
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Already no one wants a veno in their squad, except for nirvana. I pmed 100500 fc party leaders who start to wc with "making fc squad, pm class and lvl". NO ONE invited my veno, ever. As if venos don't need fc.
    Its not a problem for a veno to be useful, because veno herself is useful despite all new features, its a problem with you people. Its is YOU who never invites a veno in their squads. You can now write more and more about how good a veno is, but log in to the game and see how does it looks like in fact. Its is horrible, already horrible without even mystics. All theory that you give is totally crashed by the current situation.
    + 2 more classes come, no squad slots increase=venos doomedb:cry, they are already in hell with all these stinky fishes, but earthguards will just make them dieb:cry

I actually get alot of FC's... and I have gotten called in many times when they had a dder drop or the cleric dropped (and they needed someone that could tank and withstand the aoe till they found a cleric.). While we could not do BIG pulls, the small ones were sufficient enough to buy us time till we got to the exp room.

A veno is only as good as the person playing them, and they can be a very valuable member of the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maestro120
    maestro120 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Sadly I have to agree. More class competition for the same squad slots = Doom for Wizzy/Veno/etc...

I have been playing a Veno with Herc for short while now (still fairly new to the game) and while it has been a blast... I can see myself keeping the veno solely as a cash money grinding machine while rolling one of the new classes as my main. But of course everything changes if the Earth Guard fails to live up to the hype...
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There are other games out there that have 20+ classes in them and they are doing great. People will have to learn how to work with what's in the squad or who responds to a wc. I'm glad they are adding new classes to play with but the worst case is people see mystic/veno don't need to be in the same squad or cleric/mystic. It truly is going to be up to the players of pwi.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    People just need to learn how to play the game. Veno applies for DD spot for RB, gets reply "wanted dd like archer/ wizzie". -lol.

Another squad:"tweek go dig beans so we can be ahead!" - 2 BMs, and a Psy, and I was their best dd, and no tickets were dropped (better than digging beans). They also kept insisting on clamoring to Crisium: Jofeng as if we had a rainbow squad. They ignored me, so I them.

It's not a problem of a class replacing another: it's a problem of people playing like nubs. People still think they need a barb or BM for Fragrance in FF, they can kill mobs in less time than going around them: but they still go around, etc.

I have an FL, but I also keep a list of people to avoid on paper. Those lists work much better than pigeon holing classes into specific roles.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it's almost a copy.. Obsolete? No. Redundant class? Yes.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Venomancer is pet + purge + debuff + amplify + spark transfer
    +Venomancer
    - use wood based attack
    - able to heal pets and summons
    - able to sustain mana by them self
    - able to transform for better physical ability
    - have to lv up pets
    - need different kind of pet for different terrains
    - has skill to reflect melee attack
    - move speed buff
    - aoe purge
    - able to solo instances

Mystic is summons + auto rez + buff + plant traps (debuff) + mag & phy def buff
    +Mystic
    - use wood based attack
    - able to heal summons and pets
    - can't sustain mana by them self
    - summons lv following skill lv
    - summons has skill that didn't exist on pet skills
    - summons has mp that very slowly regenerate
    - mystic can transfer mp to their summons
    - summons follow anywhere (air, water, land, etc)
    - able to heal and give auto heal buff (when receive hit)
    - summoning giving mystic temporary buff (kinda power full)
    - mystic plants trap able to last for 1 minute (not the de buff)
    - able to solo instances

Mystic isn't complete yet, but for sure won't replace venomancer role in team.
    Their skills goes more to supporting and doesn't seem great on pvp.
    (expect their summons able to become so strong and mystic just think how to survive while plant traps anywhere)

That is all Beijing is going to make them. The question is has Beijing beta tested it correctly.

Note the bold text b:chuckle
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cool, that makes me feel more reassured. I couldn't see how a veno could be replaced by a mystic but hey, no matter what happens us venos can always solo HH and make money! Those of us that have hercs that is =)

This also makes me more reassured.

But em... I don't have a herc and I can solo a bunch of bosses in HH. I didn't try them all out, but Aly is doing very good. You don't need a herc to do HH...
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^ Haha can't wait for that game. =P

Anyways, I was kinda worried they will replace Clerics, not Venos. But thankfully, they don't get many heals, so I'm relieved.

That's exactly what I'm worried about. But, who knows, maybe Mystics aren't all they're worked up to be.
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    their res buff is really nice. not only so the cleric doesnt loose exp but also for letting the cleric heal while the player resses himself.

The buff ress only lasts 15 minutes. You would have to constantly rebuff them.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Veno is no more able to sustain mana by themselves than a wiz. Even a pure mag veno w/ 550+ mag can burn through their mp supply / refill techniques and need pots.

Sure, we can transform for better pdef, but that's **** compared to what a Wiz can do with Stone Barrier. Veno also has piddly HP per vit.

Only Sage venos get AoE purge which I have yet to use in PvE.

\
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Marielle - Raging Tide
    Marielle - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I could totally see PW adding an OP Mystic summon to the cash shop for 200 gold, or something to that effect.

mm i think, pw introduces op summon as 100 skill (likes common summons);
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

Only Sage venos get AoE purge which I have yet to use in PvE.

\

Dont forget Soul degen Sage version reduces maximum HP by 20%.
    + that effect stays even if you then follow up with Amp.b:victory

I'd like to see a mystic do that whilst planting traps, summoning their pet and transfering mana.

were still quicker and so much more versatile.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
This discussion has been closed.