Any Venos worried Mystics will make us obsolete?

Pennince - Lost City
Pennince - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I am a little bit, but I don't think we will be made completely obsolete but I think the classes are suppose to compliment each other.
Post edited by Pennince - Lost City on

Comments

• Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    my friend told me they are useless in hh :)

but who knows.
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Venos purge/amp/debuff will never be obsolete, even if mystics get pets. Only reason I see them being wanted in a squad is the self-ressurect buff. They may be nice to have as back up, but wont fill out the important role venos have in squads, Don't worry too much b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pennince - Lost City
    Pennince - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Cool, that makes me feel more reassured. I couldn't see how a veno could be replaced by a mystic but hey, no matter what happens us venos can always solo HH and make money! Those of us that have hercs that is =)
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Venomancer is pet + purge + debuff + amplify + spark transfer
    +Venomancer
    - use wood based attack
    - able to heal pets and summons
    - able to sustain mana by them self
    - able to transform for better physical ability
    - have to lv up pets
    - need different kind of pet for different terrains
    - has skill to reflect melee attack
    - move speed buff
    - aoe purge
    - able to solo instances

Mystic is summons + auto rez + buff + plant traps (debuff) + mag & phy def buff
    +Mystic
    - use wood based attack
    - able to heal summons and pets
    - can't sustain mana by them self
    - summons lv following skill lv
    - summons has skill that didn't exist on pet skills
    - summons has mp that very slowly regenerate
    - mystic can transfer mp to their summons
    - summons follow anywhere (air, water, land, etc)
    - able to heal and give auto heal buff (when receive hit)
    - summoning giving mystic temporary buff (kinda power full)
    - mystic plants trap able to last for 1 minute (not the de buff)
    - able to solo instances

Mystic isn't complete yet, but for sure won't replace venomancer role in team.
    Their skills goes more to supporting and doesn't seem great on pvp.
    (expect their summons able to become so strong and mystic just think how to survive while plant traps anywhere)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well, we don't know - but yeah, a bit worried. They seem to take our squad roles of general purpose debuffer AND have real teammate heals.

We'll see. It could go the other way, and every mystic wants a veno in the squad to heal their pet (which damages itself healing the party)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They can't use Legendary Pets.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • KittyYuri - Dreamweaver
    KittyYuri - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They can't use Legendary Pets.

I could totally see PW adding an OP Mystic summon to the cash shop for 200 gold, or something to that effect.

Basically, until the Mystics are released and we know exactly all that they can and cannot do, yeah, I'm going to worry, but not enough that I lose any sleep over it. XD
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A mystic seems to be a veno without fox form that can heal, buff, and res. Whether they can fully replace venos in traditional squads depends on how well their summons can tank. I'm pretty sure mystic pets can lure and ignore damage reduction on ? bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I could totally see PW adding an OP Mystic summon to the cash shop for 200 gold, or something to that effect.

Basically, until the Mystics are released and we know exactly all that they can and cannot do, yeah, I'm going to worry, but not enough that I lose any sleep over it. XD
    I don't think so as clerics came out after Venos or Elevens and we didn't get Leg. Pets enjoy your sleep.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't think so as clerics came out after Venos or Elevens and we didn't get Leg. Pets enjoy your sleep.

clerics came out after venos?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    clerics came out after venos?
    I thought that by watching the videos as it seems like it humans first then untamed then elevens.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I thought that by watching the videos as it seems like it humans first then untamed then elevens.

Heh. No.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010

if PWI had all class attacking pets may be, but mystics summons are actually skills so there would be no way to do that, venos will still be the easy mode of this game though, mystics can realy burn through there MP in no time if there not careful, there skills take alot more mana then venos, there pet heal is 0.5 channel and cast with a 1 second cool down, so we can see the speed of there pet heals, but there pet heal burns mp much faster, at level 4 it uses about 100 mp while the veno uses 35, i suppose non of this is an issue when there using mp charms or mp food at 75, will just have to wait and see how this game goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I have trusted the Devs about balancing the classes out so far more than I can say for the other MMO I play.They won't have Monks or Ritualists in XX2.
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ^ Haha can't wait for that game. =P

Anyways, I was kinda worried they will replace Clerics, not Venos. But thankfully, they don't get many heals, so I'm relieved.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm also not worried.

As I've written elsewhere already, pet/summon-wise mysties seem to be venos-for-dummies. A nice little thing to play around with, but in-depth gameplay won't be even close to veno's role.

What I'm looking forward to is trying out a cooperation between a veno and mystie. Their skills seem to be just made for that - being able to heal each other pets, having buffs and debuffs...

Oh, and I'm going to make myself a mystie alt, for sure :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I see them replacing clerics, especially in easier instances, but I don't particularly see them replacing venos. I actually see them complementing and enhancing veno skills, to a certain degree.

@Mysti
    Why in god's name would clerics get a legendary pet? You're not a pet class. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nothing could replace those super hot looking chicks with tails (that are probably confused teenage males)

Just sayingb:laugh
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm also not worried.

As I've written elsewhere already, pet/summon-wise mysties seem to be venos-for-dummies. A nice little thing to play around with, but in-depth gameplay won't be even close to veno's role.

have you actually used the mystic yet on the CN server to have came up with such a conclusion? :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    When the genies came out, nobody was worried.

And then Zeals came out with Earthflame. Why ask for a Veno to pull when you have any class with a decent Zeal?

Let's face it, before Raging Tides, the Untamed were the shiznit. Now, they've kind of been watered down...it's depressing. People have been proclaiming doom to Wizards, Barbs, and now Venomancers for a while now...

I'm a bit worried myself about what's going to happen to the Untamed with the Earthguard around the corner.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wonder if mystic will repalce cleric+veno in nirvana

debuffs, pet dmg, fast heals for aggro reset and that other one which heal on need, and rez ofc..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wonder if mystic will repalce cleric+veno in nirvana

debuffs, pet dmg, fast heals for aggro reset and that other one which heal on need, and rez ofc..

they will replace wizzards at the very least and compliment venos. having multiple pets tank a boss while no characters take any real dmg will be very nice and luxurious.

mystics and venoe will be doing all the work. and by work i mean healing pets.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We'll see. It could go the other way, and every mystic wants a veno in the squad to heal their pet (which damages itself healing the party)

Lol.... if it came down to that - mystics deciding that our role was their pet healers - I would probably get kicked out of squads for telling them to get mana pots and heal their own freaking pets. b:chuckle Seriously though, yeah it sucks that your pet heal takes way more mana but you learn how to play your class and deal with it. Not like clerics don't go through a ton of herb yuanxiaos keeping tanks alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sorry if I missed it, but where are the numbers? How much more often does a Mystic have to heal their pet, how much more MP per heal, how much less MP per mag do they get, how much less MP per spark do they get (based on Max MP), how many recovery / maximizing skills do they miss out on, etc etc. I rarely use MP pots on my veno, and wiz. I'm sure it would be the same if I played Mystic.

How is a veno going to be obsolete? We have of the best: HP debuff, Amp (including D.Nova), AoEs, ability to solo, versatility, etc. If we're made obsolete: every other class would be as well.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    IMO, Mystics seem to be a bit like the Druid in another not-to-be-mentioned-game.

Basically a "Jack of all trades, Master of none" type class.

They have heals, but they can't heal as well as a cleric.

They have a res, but it's used in different situations than a cleric (needs to be cast on the player BEFORE they die).

They have pets, but can't tank as well as a veno.

They have spells, but can't DD as well as a wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I am a little bit, but I don't think we will be made completely obsolete but I think the classes are suppose to compliment each other.

Well, my guess is that Mystics get all sorts of nice new pet stuff. Basically a fancy name for "Venomancer, Release 2".

On the other hand, why should I care :-) I *would* be annoyed if the "nice new pet stuff" includes the ability to tank bosses, but I don't think they'll go THAT far.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    How is a veno going to be obsolete? We have of the best: HP debuff, Amp (including D.Nova), AoEs, ability to solo, versatility, etc. If we're made obsolete: every other class would be as well.

Pretty much this.

When it comes to damage we've already been obsolete for a while. Usually only a wizard and a barb does less damage than you on ? bosses even if you got a pet on it (Halleluja aps). And when it comes to luring, there is the lure genie.

Aslong mystics don't have amp and purge, veno's won't be obsolete. Seems mystics are more squad support characters while veno's are debuffers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We're not that far off. 20% just from S. Soul Degen, 10-30% after from amp, another good portion from armor / mind break / Ironwood, and we can still do about half the raw dps of a 5aps as a caster with ability to focus on DPS rather than survival of AoE (+mag, +matk, -ch, +atk level instead of HP, def) to top it off. Also, unless the squad is HP'ing it: we're usually first besides barb to a mob and already have it HP debuffed, amped, and pdef debuffed while the APS is arriving.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    imho, mystic+veno is gonna be a very good combo in TT
    herc tanks, veno heals, mystic heals, they both can self-res in case of death
    mystic can also heal the veno and himself.
    plus buffs.

on the other hand if there is one squad spot and u have to choose between a mystic and a veno... i think most squads will pick a mystic unless there is need for one of the veno skills
    (but in that case it would be LF veno, not LF +1).
    i can see clerics "demanding" a mystic for the res and honestly, they deserve it.

besides, auto res will make things really easier
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think... each class has something special that cannot be replaced by anothers 'closely related' skill.

I like Veno because I have my fox form and my human form skill and I really like my companion pets but I will try Summoner because it looks appealing to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.