Any Venos worried Mystics will make us obsolete?

Comments

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i dont know which class i like the best im stuck between barb/archer/wizard
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    When the genies came out, nobody was worried.

And then Zeals came out with Earthflame. Why ask for a Veno to pull when you have any class with a decent Zeal?

Earthflame lure is inferior to veno lure (of every kind) in every way. It's *useable* but that doesn't mean its better. After genies came out, people lured with Earthflame all over the place, I think mostly for the novelty of it and because it made them feel special somehow. I haven't been in a dungeon in a long time in which I was not asked to lure, even if they had to wait with all their zeals out around them while I caught up to them.

I feel as though mystics will probably be similar. There will be a craze at first, but they will soon fall into a role and I do -not- see that role replacing a veno's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    they will replace wizzards at the very least and compliment venos. having multiple pets tank a boss while no characters take any real dmg will be very nice and luxurious.

mystics and venoe will be doing all the work. and by work i mean healing pets.

wizzies in nirvana? does-not-compute
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm not worried at all, even if we are replaced, I still love my Veno to death! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • NaaMachine - Lost City
    NaaMachine - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mystic = pseudo-veno-cleric that can be male.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Aggro
    Should be required reading.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i Dont Know Which Class I Like The Best Im Stuck Between Barb/archer/wizard

How Do You Go From Being Stuck Between A Barb And A Wiz L.o.l
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How Do You Go From Being Stuck Between A Barb And A Wiz L.o.l
    It's too inappropriate for this forum. b:cry
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Earthflame lure is inferior to veno lure (of every kind) in every way. It's *useable* but that doesn't mean its better. After genies came out, people lured with Earthflame all over the place, I think mostly for the novelty of it and because it made them feel special somehow. I haven't been in a dungeon in a long time in which I was not asked to lure, even if they had to wait with all their zeals out around them while I caught up to them.

I feel as though mystics will probably be similar. There will be a craze at first, but they will soon fall into a role and I do -not- see that role replacing a veno's.

Ways that Earthflame is better:

1) Much faster
    2) Herc doesn't need buffing
    3) Reduces target's attack and defense giving a tank a head start on aggro
    4) Can be used in combination with Tame Beast for a 2 in 1 lure

There's very little value in veno only luring.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • csvayn
    csvayn Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    noo venos will always have a placee
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Ways that Earthflame is better:

1) Much faster
    2) Herc doesn't need buffing
    3) Reduces target's attack and defense giving a tank a head start on aggro
    4) Can be used in combination with Tame Beast for a 2 in 1 lure

There's very little value in veno only luring.

It's not necessarily faster. People who don't lure a lot with Earthflame have no approximation of its range, and have to inch towards whatever they are luring (or they just charge in a la Leeroy and kill themselves). As for buffing your herc, do you do things in parties? Does your party know how to catch? Good. You don't need to buff your herc in a timely fashion. If you're luring with your (buffed) herc, chances are it's because he needs to run past a bunch of mobs to get to the one you want, which makes Earthflame with its short range useless anyway. I don't consider being able to use it in tandem with something else making it better than veno luring, it remains inferior and is being used with a superior skill for a double lure. And I haven't any idea where time is so of the essence that a 2 in 1 lure needs to be used--it may speed things up slightly but I really don't think it's terribly essential. The reduction of attack and defense by Earthflame is so tiny and short that the idea that it would give the tank a better head start on aggro than you placing a no-weapon Ironwood on the lured mob is laughable.

There's lots of value in veno luring. I'm pretty sure I never said that venos ONLY should lure. Earthflame is simply inferior, in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's not necessarily faster. People who don't lure a lot with Earthflame have no approximation of its range, and have to inch towards whatever they are luring (or they just charge in a la Leeroy and kill themselves).

You're obviously not familiar with it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There are some lures you can do with a pet that you can't do with earthflame.

My favourite has to be to get the firefox in eden, from most of the way across its room and the front of the hill. It's almost an 80m lure and is funny as anything.

But earthflame is, most of the time, faster and more convenient. I quite commonly alternate between lure types whilst one is in cooldown - those times I'm in a high enough party that they kill quickly, but not high enough that they want to rush everything in one go.
  • Pennince - Lost City
    Pennince - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Vitenka is right, every BH or FB I go to, they always have me lure =)
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    clerics came out after venos?

Both at same time....

For luring I tend to put my pet on 'dont move or react' and use Pet Tame to aggro 1 mob. (keeps me from sending pet > unsummoning when it hits > resummoning before I get hit/die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cant wait for a male mystic to marry me b:victory so we can solo TTs and make tons of money together the best thing that could happen for a veno is a mystic to squad up with, finally we are no longer a complete solo class we have the perfect partner
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I have this to say:

1. Many I have found would rather use earthflame, unless they respect venos or know they dislike its use while they are present and quite capable of luring. Some others don't see the point in a genie lure when a veno's around because they'd just be using genie energy.

2. Personally I think a pet lure has obvious advantages, one of the greatest being long range targets, another being fast moving targets.

3. Psychics were born and have edged onto the debuff and reflect buff scene. But the reflect buff uses mana when hit, bramble doesn't. I'm not sure of the differences between the debuffs.

4. Venos that don't have hercs aren't in as much demand as tanks and clerics. I think the addition of new classes with similar skills as other classes but variation in other areas should encourage us to be creative with squads... so when we can't find a barb we can squad with a tank-build BM (I know neither of these classes are new), or when we can't find a cleric, maybe we can squad with a mystic in combination with a wiz or psych.
    Personally I have some good tank-BM friends :).

5. I think mystics have the potential to be complimentary to venos in some cases and overlapping in others. It can make them our companions or our competitors depending on our attitude.

6. Some clerics are/were worried about mystics replacing them. There's a lot of demand for clerics on my server, and I can't see when anyone wouldn't want one in a squad. If mystics do take on this role it should only shrink the number of times someone is spamming in chat that they need a cleric. I see mystics being able to assist both clerics and venos in a squad, or substituting for one of these classes when needed, not as a class ultimately taking over for either.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's not necessarily faster. People who don't lure a lot with Earthflame have no approximation of its range, and have to inch towards whatever they are luring (or they just charge in a la Leeroy and kill themselves). As for buffing your herc, do you do things in parties? Does your party know how to catch? Good. You don't need to buff your herc in a timely fashion. If you're luring with your (buffed) herc, chances are it's because he needs to run past a bunch of mobs to get to the one you want, which makes Earthflame with its short range useless anyway. I don't consider being able to use it in tandem with something else making it better than veno luring, it remains inferior and is being used with a superior skill for a double lure. And I haven't any idea where time is so of the essence that a 2 in 1 lure needs to be used--it may speed things up slightly but I really don't think it's terribly essential. The reduction of attack and defense by Earthflame is so tiny and short that the idea that it would give the tank a better head start on aggro than you placing a no-weapon Ironwood on the lured mob is laughable.

There's lots of value in veno luring. I'm pretty sure I never said that venos ONLY should lure. Earthflame is simply inferior, in my opinion.

Not to mention those who 'accidentally' aggro other mobs while trying to use earthflame.

I laugh every time I see that as they are usually the ones who order the veno to stifle because they're going to do the luring of the squad only to end up dead wondering wtf happened.

As for unsummoning and summoning my herc, most of the time I'm far enough away that I can do that without getting hit after a lure and I also buff my herc as it is attacking the boss or mob.

And yes I do believe venos are the best lurers for we have a few different ways to do it which allows us to choose the best method for each circumstance. To say that it is of little value for a veno to lure is absolute bulls**t. Well, That idiotic remark came from Tweakz so We just have to consider the source I suppose.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think every cleric will prefer a mystic over a veno in their squad. b:sad

I would only be worried if at higher levels, say the 79 skills, mystics get a free skill summon that is equal to or surpasses herc/nix that venos had to pay for. b:shocked Most likely won't happen tho, cause they won't be earning profit from legendary pets sales. Still, I wince every time I think about it. >_>
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    their res buff is really nice. not only so the cleric doesnt loose exp but also for letting the cleric heal while the player resses himself.
  • RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary
    RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What u bet they have there own type of herc and nix! I feel we been less needed since the genies came out since everyone has a zeal and can lure the mobs... QQ I was fearful when I saw the video though, and there pets can do both fly and swim b:angry but I am excited about the new pets we might be able to tame in the new zone! Just wish they gave us veno's an egg basket that doesn't require us to revert our pets at the trainer now that would be awesome!
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am a little bit, but I don't think we will be made completely obsolete but I think the classes are suppose to compliment each other.

-veno pets are more customizable, you can have various different types and put whatever skill combos you want on them.

-mystics do not have things like metabolic boost, nature's grace, and soul transfusion for instant refueling without stopping to rest

-there is no possible way to make a successful heavy armor mystic

-mystics can't transfer sparks to other players

mystics will definately not replace venos, because any veno thinking a mystic will be just like a veno only with amale option is going to switch to a mystic, and go "this sucks" and switch back to a veno right when they figure out that other than the fact that mystics have a pet, they're nothing like venos.

as for supplimenting other classes, yes, mystics are anouther support class, and not only can they heal players and their own summoned pets, they can also heal a veno's pet aswell as a veno being able to heal a mystic's summoned pet. so now yall will have anouther class that only very slightly, or not at all hinders the population growth of the veno's class that can heal your pets if no other venos are around.

the only people who should think they have ta worry is clerics, i mean, they should be like "omfg anouther class with decent healing skills? wtf are we gonna do???b:shocked"

and then they'll realize, oh, wait, they don't have all the kick *** buffs clerics got b:laugh

so the only population change we might see is people who prefer to be a heal bot cleric with little to no party buffing capabilities switching from clerics to mystics. and come on? how much of the cleric population wants to be just a heal bot without buff capabilities?

only reason i'm goin to mystic is because they're like a filler class, and i'm a pick up the slack in a party typa person^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    they will replace wizzards at the very least and compliment venos. having multiple pets tank a boss while no characters take any real dmg will be very nice and luxurious.

mystics and venos will be doing all the work. and by work i mean healing pets.

replace wizards? um, dudette? can i please have some of what yer smoking? the wizard population is so low, and has ALWAYS been so low that i don't think a drop in the wizard population would even make much of a difference. what, we'll have 24 on our entire server instead of 25, big deal.

as for the multiple pets tanking a boss thing, um, not like mystics would make this a new thing, you do realize that right now, without the expansion released, 2 venos can do just that, don't you? xD

venos and mystics doin all the work by healing the pets? what no healer buffing them? or DDs making things quicker by hammering the boss? or backup tanker makings sure the veno and mystic don't *** up and fighting off any mobs that happen to be drifting tword the boss? does nobody know what good preparation is anymore? is that the problem? is any class really un-needed, or is it just that everyone is to recklace and has no idea how to properly form a squad anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The mystic is going to be hilarious in my opinion.
    To sum it up, the mystic is a watered down cleric+veno.

To bad the veno is already a jack of all trades, not especially good at any one thing, but also no horrible weakness class. Having a gimped version of that is going to be funny to watch in PvP.

And I can totally imagine 5aps farmers leveling a mystic high enough just so it has lvl 10 auto rez, then buff their main file with said auto rez before a Nirvana run.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am a little bit, but I don't think we will be made completely obsolete but I think the classes are suppose to compliment each other.

Not me. Mystics may be to venos what clerics are to barbs. Much stronger as a team.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Talmorskitty - Sanctuary
    Talmorskitty - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Chances are with these "summon pets" They will only be able to remain out for a certian period of time where as a veno pet can stay out as long as its called out..now lets also not Forget Herc... Herc can tank...mystic doesnt have herc lol. I am also sure these summon pets will have cooldown. Reason i say this is.. The Arden on Jade dynasty is like Archer/Venomancer mix.. They have summon pets that can stay out for maybe 2 or 3 mins at a time and have a long cooldown until skills are upgraded ect.. And like other have said.. A veno with purge/amp/bramble/and even lending hand cant be replaced.. So no im not worried.. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] wreaking havoc on sanctuary server
  • YahikoW - Raging Tide
    YahikoW - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If ya ask me, clerics should be worried
  • Talmorskitty - Sanctuary
    Talmorskitty - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why do you say clerics should be worried?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] wreaking havoc on sanctuary server
  • Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why do you say clerics should be worried?

Mystics apparantly get a skill they can cast on people which means if they die they can ressurect themselves without needing rez cast on them after death..

Doesn't really mean clerics should worry- Clerics are PURE healing, Venos are PURE pet. Mystic is a little bit of both. They'll be useful and wanted as an "osht" backup. But they wont replace either class.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Clerics, if anything, should be happy. Personally, I would much rather a Cleric res me than a Mystic, because my guess is the Mystic res will have less exp loss than the Cleric. Just as well though, Cleric now has a way to keep from losing exp if there is a squad wipe. Just cast the res buff on the Cleric, if the squad wipes, Cleric can res and have less exp loss, then res the rest of the squad.

Plus, as someone said, they don't have the buffs Clerics have.
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    >_>.. Anyone that worries about being replaced by a support class is silly. So what it has heals and pets that doesn't mean anything but you have a helper in the squad. psy has a aoe heal that's like IH but its only to help if needed. Silly people have some coffee and cookies your minds need a break.b:laughb:thanks
This discussion has been closed.