Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Comments

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nope. Her facial structure barely changed, Susy. Except for having a pointier chin than usual which is supposed to look more "rounder", not square. But that's just me. Plus that first makeover was like...ages ago. b:surrender

Don't care if it was ages ago, it's not my fault your new makeover doesn't look unique as your past one to me is it? b:surrender

Her nose and eyes seem thinner. Tbh the only thing that seems the same is the hair and eye color, and her tiny ears. The chin change actually makes her look more angular and flat to me *shrugs* Maybe it's the screenies you provided who knows.

The style's nice, I love it, I use it, just saying it's not spectacular as it's nothing new. It's not only you, I say that to other characters I've seen with repeating trends. Just giving my rating like I'm suppose to do b:shocked and I'll still say a 7/10.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Dorset: 4.7/5. I just don't like the pointy ears. =/ I actually love her face (I think my favorite out of the one's I've rated in this post) because while you kind of did the cutesy almost anime look, you've completely kept it your own.

awww thank you its lovely to get critiques from people who havnt rated her before thankyou
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Delsedora - Archosaur
    Delsedora - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    cocooo03.jpg

awesome picture for a wallpaper =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Don't copy my idea! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Alright, I took a full body screenie,
    although there is not much to see aside from the rest of her
    anorexic body xD; . I don't know... I like my character's thin. D:
    6ezp5i.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Alright, I took a full body screenie,
    although there is not much to see aside from the rest of her
    anorexic body xD; . I don't know... I like my character's thin. D:
    6ezp5i.png

I give her a 3.7/5 IMO she kinda looks like a preset, but im thinking it's the hair that throws it off for me and not her face From what I can see she has quiet nice eyes. I love her skin tone though, it blends quiet nicely around her body (if that makes sence).

(Kimi likes her characters thin toob:victory)
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I give her a 3.7/5 IMO she kinda looks like a preset, but im thinking it's the hair that throws it off for me and not her face From what I can see she has quiet nice eyes. I love her skin tone though, it blends quiet nicely around her body (if that makes sence).

(Kimi likes her characters thin toob:victory)

Lol, well obviously she is from a preset, since that's basically all TB's have... And customizations are limited (No eyeliner/shadow/can't change lip colour) And even after playing around with eyebrows, they always seem to stay really round so I can't really do much with them xD. The nose is the only thing I like to customize because with TB's you can make them have these cute noses :D. Lips are pretty too <3 But that's what I really hate about TB's- you can't really customize them without making them look really weird or scary =w= ;;
    Thank you :3
    I do have a close up like 2 pages back where you can see her eyes xD;
    And yay thin ftw <3 b:shutup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • Kynx - Lost City
    Kynx - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My first character I guess...

20110110202230.png

b:bye
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @Kynx... 2/5... The eyes scare me. I like pouting characters but the eyes ruined it for me.

Well. I want to see some constructive crit for my BM. I kind of had SusyLu on my mind while making her, though xD As its kind of obvious in some details. The colors are from a previous Grav makeover. I'm leveling her slowly and leisurely while working on Nirvana gear for my cleric.

20110106054231.png
    20110107184652.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Lol, well obviously she is from a preset, since that's basically all TB's have... And customizations are limited (No eyeliner/shadow/can't change lip colour) And even after playing around with eyebrows, they always seem to stay really round so I can't really do much with them xD. The nose is the only thing I like to customize because with TB's you can make them have these cute noses :D. Lips are pretty too <3 But that's what I really hate about TB's- you can't really customize them without making them look really weird or scary =w= ;;
    Thank you :3
    I do have a close up like 2 pages back where you can see her eyes xD;
    And yay thin ftw <3 b:shutup

To true TB are hard to tweak at first :)

Here is a tip: Play around with the settings when you find one you like, then tweak it again till you like it even more. Don't be afraid to touch every setting more then once :) it may be hard at first but once you get a hand of the settings and you get a model you like to work with it becomes easy :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Smexi_CaseyL - Lost City
    Smexi_CaseyL - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Graviora-
    Your BM is cute!! the only thing that seems off is the lip size. or how
    it is structured. i love the colors that you used for her i bet its pretty
    :>
    SO OMG FINALLY GOT MY CELESTIAL BARD SET AND THE GLOOMY NOIRE
    HAIRSTYLE
    2wbsyg0.jpg
    Pay to Play :3
    But its okay I still enjoy myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Cute fashion Casey!

@Graviora - Love your BM's face sooo much. It's a very peaceful and mature expression. The nitpick I have is always the nitpick I have though. XD Wanting the eyebrows to be the same color-family as the hair that is. But that aside, she's beautiful. 5/5

And now I'm almost ashamed to post this. But after expressing my dislike of the anorexic chinese style of characters to a certain friend of mine....she wanted to see/dared me to come up with one myself.

HNNNG here she is in all her sickenly cutsie fail.

1-2.png?t=1294697244
    3-3.png?t=1294697575
    2-3.png?t=1294697575
    4-2.png?t=1294697575

I find her more pleasant than some of the Chinese ones at least though...we can't glitch the gaphics down to stick straight and branch-thin limbs like they can.

Well to people who like that style what do you think? Is she successful? @_@;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
    edited January 2011
    Cute fashion Casey!

@Graviora - Love your BM's face sooo much. It's a very peaceful and mature expression. The nitpick I have is always the nitpick I have though. XD Wanting the eyebrows to be the same color-family as the hair that is. But that aside, she's beautiful. 5/5

And now I'm almost ashamed to post this. But after expressing my dislike of the anorexic chinese style of characters to a certain friend of mine....she wanted to see/dared me to come up with one myself.

1-2.png?t=1294697244
    3-3.png?t=1294697575
    2-3.png?t=1294697575
    4-2.png?t=1294697575

I find her more pleasant than some of the Chinese ones at least though...we can't glitch the gaphics down to stick straight and branch-thin limbs like they can.

I think she looks fine, not anorexic :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @ Gaviora- she's very good looking, except the eyebrows and hair being a different color kinda throws me off. Wonderfully made char though 4.8/5

@ Llux- i feel like i'm being sucked into her eyes... o-o
    She's a cutie, but fish are hard to make cutsy if you ask me. 4.7/5 :3
    Something with it is just, off though, not sure what >_< im bad at picking out that stuff.

@ Casey- Can't see her face well but definitely nice looking from what i can see c: 5/5

I like decimals.
  • Phyrilla - Heavens Tear
    Phyrilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So I gave Phry a new make over and somethin is bugging me about it and im getting mad that i cant figure it out lol b:surrenderb:cry aahh so can ya'll help me figure it out i think that the eyes are to spread out 287i3hu.jpg34oee11.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thank you Susy for the lovely siggy b:thanks b:dirty
  • Wulfina - Lost City
    Wulfina - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @Kimiko 3/5 Personally i dislike the look you have gone for with the Massive **** and the skinny waist especially on the. the problem for me isnt the **** im all for representin the bigger girls out there :p its more the fact that they are so inhumanly out of proportion even if the person had implants. not a good look IN MY OPINION but if you love yoour chars thats great. i like the first char better than the second. which is your main?

@Wuflina you shouldnt back down just cause soem peopel complained hun b:victory

Only reason I did was because I don't want to risk this thread being locked and or getting banned. It wouldn't be fun for anyone else if it got locked. XP b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Insanity: Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~Albert Einstein.
  • Wulfina - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Bella love the colour changing job you did on teh fash especially the first one

So i made some changes to my archer Dors. she now has eyebrows that look like real eyebrows instead of drawn on lines xd think it softened up her look a lil and her lips are a slightly differant shade now. ratings anyone?
    yay3.jpg
    yay2.jpg
    yay1.jpg

b:pleased Ouuuuu! 5/5! Perfectly realistic proportion, nice colour schemes with the fash, and a lovely unique face. Love it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Insanity: Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~Albert Einstein.
  • Wulfina - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    cocooo01.jpg
    cocooo02.jpg
    cocooo03.jpg

Wow. Absolutely stunning, and great proportion! 5/5. Wouldn't change a thing!b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wulfina - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    287i3hu.jpg34oee11.jpg

Hmmm. I would say bring the eyes closer together, and open a smidge more. Otherwise she is absolutely stunning and original. (Not that she isn't already). b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Wulfina please refrain from double posting :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wulfina - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Wulfina please refrain from double posting :)

Didn't know I wasn't allowed to.... I thought I could since it was still on topic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Didn't know I wasn't allowed to.... I thought I could since it was still on topic...

It's ok, I have made the same mistake too. As far as I know you are not allowed to double post. I don't want you getting into trouble :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Smexi_CaseyL - Lost City
    Smexi_CaseyL - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    welll here is my venomancer up close
    s1hs3s.jpg
    Pay to Play :3
    But its okay I still enjoy myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    s1hs3s.jpg

5/5 Oh my I must ask, how do you get such a soft glow on her skinb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wulfina - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    It's ok, I have made the same mistake too. As far as I know you are not allowed to double post. I don't want you getting into trouble :)

@Kimi Thanks for looking out for me. b:pleased

@Smexy_CaseyL She's stunning, the makeup is a little too heavy for pale lips, maybe you could add a slight tinge of red or pink, I bet that'd ice the cake! :) 4.9/5. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    @Kynx... 2/5... The eyes scare me. I like pouting characters but the eyes ruined it for me.

Well. I want to see some constructive crit for my BM. I kind of had SusyLu on my mind while making her, though xD As its kind of obvious in some details. The colors are from a previous Grav makeover.

She actually looks more like my ol' wizzy you liked before I think b:laugh I think the colors are wonderful, I'm a fan of having darker eyebrows so it doesn't bother me, but the shape and thickness of it is sorta... not I'd expect on her face. Maybe make it a little thicker or play around with the shape or move it down a little? I'd also make her lips a little thicker at the top or thinner on the bottom and a tad bit smaller length wise. I like her lots better than mine actually xD 8.5/10

I like the style lol. If you ever want to try playing with her, you should move her mouth down and change her chin depth so it's not pushed in as far as it is. Also make her eyes less opened, or darker. The rather lighter color makes her eyes look sorta like it's being forced opened. That's nicely done for a person who hates the style tho xD 7/10

With that said here's some examples. I'd change a few things here and there but I thought these were pretty cute.

2r5dzlj.jpg
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2r5dzlj.jpg

jz86mq.jpg
    http://i52.tinypic.com/jz86mq.jpg
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Thank you.
    Don't copy my idea! b:angry

Pfft, go on MSN.
    Don't care if it was ages ago, it's not my fault your new makeover doesn't look unique as your past one to me is it?

Her nose and eyes seem thinner. Tbh the only thing that seems the same is the hair and eye color, and her tiny ears. The chin change actually makes her look more angular and flat to me *shrugs* Maybe it's the screenies you provided who knows.

The style's nice, I love it, I use it, just saying it's not spectacular as it's nothing new. It's not only you, I say that to other characters I've seen with repeating trends. Just giving my rating like I'm suppose to do b:shocked and I'll still say a 7/10.

I'm not upset about your rating, tbh. More of the fact that I barely changed anything asides from the pointier chin (like just a simple change to the wideness of it) and pink lips and it became unoriginal all of a sudden. Yes, it doesn't matter whether the makeover was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I've posted way more screenshots after that and you've rated them as well. But your rating is your rating, and I respect that. b:cute.
    Wow. Absolutely stunning, and great proportion! 5/5. Wouldn't change a thing!

Thank you.
    s1hs3s.jpg

Her face looks a little thin for her wide eyes to fit in fully. Other than that, she looks really good (as always).
    4.5/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wulfina - Lost City
    edited January 2011

Wulfina: 4.7/5. At first I was like, omg, that's not an awesome looking character at all, but the more I look at her, the more I grow to love her. The only thing I dislike at this point is the chin looks... odd. Maybe it's just the angle though.

Lmao! You're right! It looks like she hardly even has a chin! It was a weird angle. I better upload a better variety of pics. Thank you though. :3

b:victoryb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011

I'm not upset about your rating, tbh. More of the fact that I barely changed anything asides from the pointier chin (like just a simple change to the wideness of it) and pink lips and it became unoriginal all of a sudden. Yes, it doesn't matter whether the makeover was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I've posted way more screenshots after that and you've rated them as well. But your rating is your rating, and I respect that. b:cute.

Actually, lol, I haven't bothered rating this new makeover even before the lip color change; the only thing I said was she looks more mature briefly in another thread. b:sweat

Maybe I should have rated her the first time I saw her like this, idk. My mistake. I've just come to expect more from you, that's all. No need to keep pressing that you didn't change anything when to me it looks like she changed quite a bit, and as a result, lost her originality which mainly came from her facial and lip structure from before.

It's just my opinion. No one probably agrees with me but just thought I'd say it *shrugs*
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    She actually looks more like my ol' wizzy you liked before I think b:laugh I think the colors are wonderful, I'm a fan of having darker eyebrows so it doesn't bother me, but the shape and thickness of it is sorta... not I'd expect on her face. Maybe make it a little thicker or play around with the shape or move it down a little? I'd also make her lips a little thicker at the top or thinner on the bottom and a tad bit smaller length wise. I like her lots better than mine actually xD 8.5/10

Thanks Susy :) Your BM was on my mind the whole time while making Xiasia, but of course my own style slowly seeped in. I'll try and mess with her eyebrows. I don't like thick eyebrows on my characters, though, but the shape I'll try and play around with. I also don't think I want to mess with her lips. I really love her lips xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]